Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:59 pm
With that wrapped up, and confirmation no room shuffling is happening (yet), the rest of the day will proceed without incident.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:45 am
Try as she might, Kaichiyo was unable to fall asleep for a long time, the sounds of quiet sobs echoing through the paper walls early into the morning, and thus unable to wake up at the time she desired. By the time she managed to fall asleep she was utterly beholden to her request of the Ox samurai to wake her up.

[Raw Earth to wake up! 2k2 vs. TN16
Roll: 6, 1 = 7]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 pm
@ Gendo:

As Gendo would get a head start on walkies for Setsuna, he would be met with a low growl.

Not from Setsu-kun, of course. As he made his way towards a door that would lead outside, he'd find Morito Denbe outside Kaichiyo's door, about to rap on the frame with his knuckles. Izo would be facing Gendo, front legs spread and head lowered, his fur sticking up on end.

"Izo! Behave yourself!" Denbe chided quietly, before turning and bowing to Gendo apologetically. "I don't know what's gotten into Izo, he's normally better behaved than this. He's a real people-canine. Perhaps he does not care for your own companion... but it doesn't seem to be a shared dislike, so I don't think that is the case."

Turning his gaze towards the door of the room Kaichiyo was forced to sleep in for the night, since her older, larger room was quarantined. "Kaichiyo-sama requested for me to wake her, though now that you are here, it would be a request better carried out by yourself?"

After Gendo's response, Denbe would then ask, "If you're taking Setsuna for his you-know-what, would you care to join Izo and myself for our route?"

If you wish to evade walking with Denbe, an etiquette roll will be required to not seem rude. Or a sincerity [deceit] roll to lie!  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 pm
"No, no, if she wanted you to do it then perhaps it's best for you to do so. I'll just go wake up Naohiko so he can get properly woken up for whatever he planned with Usagi-ch-san." And with that he would do so, knocking on Naohiko's door to wake him up.

"I will join you this morning, as well." Oh how he prayed to whatever kami would listen that his ankles would survive the day.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:07 am
The Kraken would groggily rise from his bed as Gendo knocked on his door frame. M'up. I'm up. Lemme dress." Naohiko slowly picked his clothes up and put them on. It took the young bushi a little time to get to his door and if Gendo or Denbe left immediately, he would not catch them.

After rubbing his eyes a bit, Naohiko would knock on Kaichiyo's door frame and wait. While he was waiting, Naohiko felt exceptionally cheerful, as if he finally learned some grand insight about the universe. He'd have to ask Haruka about a few things once they returned to Megumi Tenpi.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:16 pm
@ Gendo:

"I understand," Denbe would say in a hushed tone, wincing a bit at Gendo made no effort to quiet his own voice in a similar manner.

Knocking upon the doorframe several times in succession, Denbe would say to her through the paper door, "Himura-sama, it is the morning. I am waking you as requested."

Knowing that she, and Naohiko, might still be asleep, Denbe apparently could not help but be cautious as to not wake them, despite their probably desires to the contrary.

"Come on, Gendo-san," Denbe would say, since dawdling in the hallway would be a bit... weird. He would begin walking, and had to pause and click his tongue to get Izo to follow.

Gendo, you said you would be joining Denbe? Do me a favor, roll me some d10s. 4 or 5 should be fine. Unless you try to stall or something, that is.

Naohiko, Kaichiyo, unless Gendo specifically delays, he will not be here when you groggily wake up. Until some time passes, you will be at TN+5 for all rolls. What are you doing while Gendo is away?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:46 pm
If we're doing it the quickway, Naohiko would inquire onto his princess's health, inform her of most of what he learned yesterday, and then request permission to bath.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 pm
We're doing it the slow way!

Kaichiyo awoke with a start, still dressed, paranoia still running strong. It took her a groggy moment to put together what was going on, and she was even more confused when she got up and opened the door to find only Naohiko. "O-oh. Hiko-kun... I wasn't expecting... did you need something?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:11 pm
Naohiko would bow to his princess as she opened the door. His demeanor was serious ....or as serious as it could be given his lethargy. Good morning, Kaichiyo-hime. If you wish, I could ask a servant to fetch us some dark tea to waken us up." After the matter of tea was settled, Naohiko would sit next to the table and start to carefully speak. "I...am...I heard some things from people I trust about Kioko-hime. Are you alright Kaichiyo-hime? How did things go with her?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:19 pm
The little princess first rubbed, and then shook her head. "No servants. I'll fetch tea for myself in a bit." She joined him at the table, but snapped awake and nervous at the mention of Kioko. She looked around and furrowed her brows, shaking her head at Naohiko and giving him a 'not here' look while controlling her tone to sound casual and mask the nervousness away, "Oh just fine. There were hardly any injuries to treat once the creature's maho had worn off. Like I said, it'll take more than a faceless coward to take me down! Mmmm, but you know, this new room is too small and cramped. Come take a walk with me."

And without waiting for a response, she got back up and walked out, intent on being awoken and refreshed by the cold morning air, and more importantly finding some place to talk devoid of prying ears.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:26 pm
Naohiko nodded and began following the little Kraken princess. slipping a little bit behind Kaichiyo, as befit a yojimbo and her samurai. " Before I forget, you may wish to ask Gendo for the letters the Crane gave us yesterday. You may want something stiff to drink as you read them." That incident still lay heavy on Naohiko's mind. He would resolve to see if the Crane had dispatched of the creature later today, if possible.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 8, 6, 5, 10 Total: 34 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 pm
"Ah, yes, that... was embarrassing. Things have been so hectic since we arrived I completely forgot to look at them. It's that bad, huh?" she sighed and rubbed her head some more, nursing a headache from stress and lack of sleep, but trying her best to find a place outside of prying ears as they traversed the courtyard and headed for the gardens.

[Perception/Investigation (Notice), 1 VP spent for +1k1, 4k3 vs. TN ?? +5 to find a place nobody could eavesdrop upon
Roll: 3, 2, 8, 6 = 17]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:45 pm
The Kraken bushi paused for a bit. "It's....tragic more than anything else. It gives me a new appreciation for the Jade Magistrates...such evil..." Naohiko wasn't really worried about people overhearing, because it seemed like everyone would overhear anyways. That was the nature of this court, with Scorpions and Spiders on every single wall, it seems. Somewhere sunny to sit down would be nice though.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:41 pm
@ Kaichiyo & Naohiko:

You two would begin your own walk, heading towards the white snow-laden gardens. Kaichiyo would pull Naohiko aside near a tree for a blocked view to talk to him about certain events.

A pair of Daidoji guards would walk to the doorway a few moments later, and scan the garden. Kaichiyo, you think they took note of you... but they continued walking down that hall rather than exiting to the garden as well.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

As you begin to take Setsuna and his walk with Gendo and his dog, Izo tolerates your existence, though he isn't happy about it.

Untrained Awareness/Animal Handling roll of 15 vs TN 15 to not get attacked by Izo for intruding on the sacred dog-walking ritual.

"So I was thinking about what we discussed yesterday. I have a person in mind, a courtier of the Unicorn. She, ah... strikes me as his 'type', though I'm not sure if it would be a mutual attraction. Could I trouble you to tell me a little bit more about Naohiko-san so I'd be better prepared to approach this individual?"

Gendo, in addition to your pitch of the qualities of Naohiko, please include an Awareness/Courtier roll.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games