Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:46 am
Ruin would dismount, and turn briefly to the noble girl. "Irene, stay or go. Now is your point to choose. If You stay, your safe with Lydia. If You go, you put your life at risk and there is no promise we can save you should the worst come. But, as I was trying to tell Vivian, it is your life to throw away... do with it as you wish."

Ruin would take off his pack and leave it with the lizard. Taking only his rod and what he had equipped, the short one would then proceed with a b-line for the crack.

Stealth 23, and assuming the crack leads to path which frees the prisoners. Ruin didn't get the spyglass veiw.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Well, if the chaos was already unfolding, may as well get in their. Kuori clung to the wall and made her way for the crack.

[17 stealth]  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 pm
"I understand," Revenge would say, dismounting the riding lizard. "Thank you for helping me keep quiet, Bea." He would place a gauntleted hand on the creature's neck as a sign of affection, but not too long due to the chilling enchantments on his armor. Apparently, that was a thing with reptiles he learned pretty quickly at the start of this trek.

"There may be sick or injured who will have trouble escaping on their own. Lydia, if possible, please have the lizards assist them once they're a safe enough of the distance from the wall for you to feel comfortable to do so," Revenge would ask, hoping she'd take him up on his request. "I would be deeply indebted if you would be willing to take that chance. As would the Lightlost, I imagine."

Quote:
Diplomacy of 35 to convince her to be willing to help the ill and elderly, breaking out the puppyhellhound eyes if I need to.

Watching for an opening, and perhaps a bit antsy, Revenge would move towards the crack as quickly as he felt he could without blowing cover.

Quote:
Perception 14 to gauge the best opening.
Stealth 13 to CLANK CLANK CLANK to the crack when he thought it clear.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:39 am
Valac dismounted and noticing the others were attempting to stealth adopted what he thinks was a stealthy stance.

Valac really doesn't know how to stealth so really was just following behind the rest not hiding.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:52 pm
Kuori and Ruin deftly move across the open ground to the opening in the wall and disappear into the illusionary barrier.

Revenge waits until he sees no one running atop the wall and then dashes to the hidden crack as well. As he leaves he hear Lydia respond to hi request. "If Kuori's people are sent this way, I will see what I can do, but I doubt they will so readily trust one such as myself."

Valac makes a not so stealthy dash himself, but, at the moment, it seems to draw no ill attention in his direction. Perhaps because the guards had more pressing matter with the battle going on at the main gate.

The party can barely all fit in the crack in the wall, but it allows them to remain hidden by it's protective illusion as they gaze upon the interior of the city. Except for an occasional thrall running towards the sound of battle, the place looked deserted. Everyone here either had left to fight or retreated inside to the protection of the buildings and in seemed for good cause for soon giant fireballs began to rain on the city from the direction of the front gate. The party could see as one of the fireballs struck a stalagmite tower and caused part of tis side to burst into pieces and rain crushing rocks and shrapnel onto the streets below. This was going to be a dicey. Luckily, Revenge, from his scouting, had a good pretty good idea of how to get to the prisoners, the question now was how to do it undetected and without getting blown to bits.

((Skill challenge time! 5 success before 3 failures. You can use any skill you want as long as you can justify it to me through your writing, however the same skill cannot be used twice in a row. What I mean by this is Kuori cant roll stealth and then Ruin roll stealth right after. However, If ruin rolls a different skill, then someone else can roll stealth again. I want to see a skill check from each player before a second skill check can be rolled. Alright, now let me see your creative writing skills! You are trying to navigate through a partly deserted stalagmite city being blown to bits by fireballs! The sounds of battle from the front gate grow closer with every minute! Revenge gets a +2 to his checks thanks to his success in scouting the city beforehand))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:40 pm
As they begin to make their way in, a shadowy figure darts into a nearby building. Kuori holds out a hand to stop the team from dashing in now that the coast seemed clear. He insight told her that, based on the body language of this person, they would be checking behind them. Sure enough, the light of the glowing fungus in the window was briefly obscured as the figure checked outside, then closed up the window. "Now," The goliath said in a hushed order.

Insight 27  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:24 am
Kuori successfully hides the groups presence from the wary denizen. (1 success!)  
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:35 am
Revenge reflected upon the mental map of the place he made from his high lookout. Though more of an installation than a city, it still had its own paths to navigate. Gesturing towards one of the party members who was about to take a wrong turn that would have led them to what he believed to be a barracks of some sort, he directed them towards a route that seemed less likely to be traveled.

Quote:
Streetwise +11 +2 = 17

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:48 pm
Leveling his rod in his open palm, Ruin would first focus on all the sources of magic around him. Causing the implement to spin in all directions, like a compass trying to find north. Slowly he would eliminate the sources, first the momentary ones of the battle and onward until the rod pointed to the summoning circle.

Quote:
Arcana 11 + die = 20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 pm
Revenge leads the party down path less traveled and he soon finds out why. It leads to a dead end! Fortunately, Ruin is a able to detect the greatest source of magic in the area, the summoning circle, and get the party back on track.

((2 Successes, 1 failure. Valac, your up on the skill challenge, then anyone can begin the next round of checks.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:24 pm
<21 Athletics.>

Everyone's sense of direction was proving unreliable as after getting back on track they were soon down another dead end but Valac had other ideas. He took one look at the wall in front of him and thought, 'I could climb that' and thus he tried to do so with the intention to lay down at the top and help the others up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:14 am
From the top of the wall Valac sees the siege of the city has partly done their work for them. The fireballs have blasted a path directly towards the back of the city, and thanks to Ruin's Arcane compass, they could tell it lead to the summoning circle. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the party could follow it to their goal.

((3 successes, 1 failure, second round to checks go!))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:00 am
Thanking Valac for the assist with the wall, Revenge landed solidly. Ruin seemed to be honing in on something based on the ritual, but the other Tiefling had expressed that his interests diverged from his own. Ruin may have been looking for the archdemon remnant in order to destroy it, but Revenge was more interested in saving the captives. Sure, before it was "before the ritual could start" but now that it's "before a wayward fireball killed a bunch" made it more pressing than ever.

And the best way to track them down was the sound of their cries, which were probably panicked. Reaching for the tiny pouch of enchanted dice to distract his hand while he focused his senses, he listened for the nearest Kuori-esque voices.

Quote:
Perception +8 +2 bonus from studying, +4 item bonus from Lucky Bag o' Bones = 31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:21 am
Taking in the natural lay of things, Kuori had entered into the hunter's mindset. She didn't know these specific areas, but she knew the Underdark. Hopefully she could bring them to the cages. Hopefully. To be honest though, she could barely see in the dark and everything looked kind of the same.

[5+14= 19 Dungeoneering] sweatdrop  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:29 pm
(Just in case, ignore if Pup's roll is successfull)

"Wait." Taking a moment Ruin would enter a building and take a few robes and other clothes.

"Put these on over your armor. So, we look less like a roaming band of outsiders and more like slaves." Ruin would whisper and pass them out.

Quote:
Thieving 9 + die = 29 Crit

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games