Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Guardians of The Sacred Orb Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 100 101 102 103 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What type of character do you think is better?
  Mage
  Knight
  Mercenary
  Theif/rogue
  other
View Results

Tiger Tales

Adored Shapeshifter

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:38 pm
Tiger looks from her blankets to Mia, then to Nakhti before clueing in. "Oh, ya, what is missing?" She says as she goes and stands at the door. "I can help if I know what it is."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:06 pm
"Parchment; ripped, burned, water damaged, and blood stained. The original writing no longer legible. One side posesses my name the other side posesses runes like those on the tablet for the orbs."

Nakhti gripped his head with a combination of hunger just wakeing up early and falling down made him want to pass back out. I'll be dead before i lose that parchment  

NakhtiChaos

Tiger Tales

Adored Shapeshifter

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:26 pm
Tiger walks up behind him and grabs his arm, pulling it close to her nose, more like a cat than a human. She takes a few sniffs, then bends over, nearly to a crawl and runs along the floor. Fairly quickly she starts pulling at some wood near a wall and a few seconds later she is delicately holding the peice of paper between two claws. She sniffs it one more time, then gets up and holds it out to him. "This is it, right?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:33 pm
Nakhti mumbled about how he should have thought to use his nose sooner.

"Thanks..... it means more than life to me."

Nakhti looked closely at the parchment to make sure the damage did not extend to cover the rune writing. Then Nakhti spoke up abruptly

"Could i perhapse get a copy of the key for the tablet translation....... i belive this writing is the same............"  

NakhtiChaos

zepherion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:43 pm
"The key? Actually, I'm not planning to decipher any more of the tablet until after we find the fire orb. I've already deciphered the part about the thunder orb but it's very vague. So you can use it. But don't lose it and remember to give it back."

Mia walked into her room and came back into the hallway with the key paper. She handed it to Nakhti. "Here you go. So, where'd that parchment come from?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:05 pm
Nakhti looked over to Mai.

"This piece of parchment was one of the few items i woke up with from what ever happened to my memory. All I had then was my sword, this piece of paper, the rags that passed as clothing, and what i like to call my bag of tricks. I just had a dream related to this but it was about as informative as all my other dreams where ever i lived was cold."

Nakhti sat down and pulled out the bag he had talked about and reached in untill he was shoulder deep into the bag.

"It should be riiiight about here......."

Nakhti withdrew his arm from the sack holding a quill a ink bottle with a corked top and a plain white piece of paper.

"I'm going to eat while i translate....."

Nakhti tucked the sack onto his belt once again.

"Whatever is on this.... its either a key to my past or a hint. A key will be nice a hint..... lets just not go there yet........"

Nakhti held the key, the parchment, and ther blank page in his left hand. The ink well and quill in the other hand.

"You can take the key back in mabey a half hour i will translate this message three times to make sure i got it right."

With that said Nakhti walked down the hall.  

NakhtiChaos

zepherion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:03 am
"'Wherever I lived was cold'? I wonder." Mia turned to Ty. "Hey, Ty? Do you think that it's possible that maybe Nakhti lived somewhere around Isrios? I mean, it's cold up there all year 'round."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:02 am
Nakhti sat down at a table with an expression that said 'disturbe me you die'. Nakhti's first step was to copy the key onto the top half of the white piece of paper. As soon as he acomplished that he ripped the white paper in half. Nakhti then put the copy of the key in the sack on his waist. Nakhti then used the key Mia gave him. Nakhti spoke softly aloud each word he translated.

"To.... unlock.... your.... past.... seek.... the.... place.... where.... fire.... and.... ice.... meet.... within.... sacred.... walls.... when.... there.... seek.... the.... name.... of.... the.... hunter.... in.... white...."

Nakhti stared at what he translated.

"Fire and ice within sacred walls? What the hell? and a hunter in white...... that just makes no sense to me. I must have gotten something wrong...."

Nakhti wrote out the second translation.

"............"

Nakhti wrote out the third translation below the first two.

"God damnit. My clue is a piece of cryptic crap."

Nakhti capped the ink bottle and laid down his quill before allowing his head to hit the table with a thud.

"Think...... must think....."  

NakhtiChaos

zepherion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:01 pm
Mia peaked around the wall at Nakhti. "Wow, stressful." Mia walked silently up the stairs to her room. "Oh well." Mia yawned. "I think I'll go back to bed." As she walked pass Ty Mia waved. "Night Ty."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 pm
"Fire and ice...... fire and ice..... throw snow on a fire what do you get.... you get a dead fire.... hmmm..... unless the inferno is too great then you get instant steam..... and if you get a barrier between the two you get water..... wait fire and ice to water...... all elements.... fire and ice within sacred walls....... if the walls are sacred it means the damn building is sacred.... and if we are refering to elements and sacred grounds.... the orbs..... but this hunter in white how in the hell dose this person fit into the mix....."

Nakhti sat and stared at the three lines he scrawled down to restless to sleep now. He sat and stared contemplating what this could mean.  

NakhtiChaos

zepherion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:04 am
After a nap Mia woke up again. She stood up lazily and opened the window. It was bright out which meant that it was later in the morning. Mia stretched out her arms and walked out of her bedroom and down the stairs. She saw Nakhti still pouring over the parchment.

"Um...uh, Nakhti? I hope I'm not interrupting and I'm not sure if this is relevant to your problem but last night I was thinking that maybe the place that your dream is showing you might be somewhere around Isrios up north. I mean, it's always cold up there because it's so far north."

Mia looked around and sat down at a different table. A new waitress at the inn came to tend to Mia. "Would you like anything?"

Mia thought for a second. "Um, hot chocolate and french toast, please?" The waitress nodded and hurried into the kitchen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:35 am
"That is a strong possibility..... but then again when i ran away i didn't use a map so i honestly don't know..... it could have been winter though at that time though.... all the glimpses into my memory i have had seem to be within the same week if i guess right."

Nakhti slid the translation over to Mia and gave her the key for translateing the tablet.

"To unlock your past seek the place where fire and ice meet within sacred walls. When there seek the name of the hunter in white."

Nakhti looked down at the paper.

"I thought about it and i belive the place where fire and ice meet is the orb of water..... any idea on this hunter in white?"

Unconciously Nakhti reached into his pouch and pulled out a dried strip of meat. He began to gnaw on the end of the meat in deep thought still.  

NakhtiChaos

zepherion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:10 am
"Hmm, hunter in white. No I can't think of anything." Mia thanked the waitress and started eating her french toast. "But about the water temple. If that's really what the parchment is talking about then I'm fairly sure that it's somewhere around Theyrus lake." Mia drank some of her hot chocolate but spit it out on the floor.

"Gahh! Hoth, hoth!" Mia ran up the stairs and knocked on Ty's door. "Thy! I need your ithe! My tongue ith burning!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:32 am
Tiger was sitting at the top of the stairs, staring down at Nakhti. "Oh, ya." Ty says as though disturbed from her thoughts. "Here. Stop wiggling!You scalded your tounge." She grabs her jaw and places her hand over her mouth. A gentle, but cold trickle of water flows into Mia's mouth. Tiger looks a little strange. "That should work. I was just thinking about where I used to live... They worshiped a few ice or winter goddesses."
I wonder about this. Why is it familiar?  

Tiger Tales

Adored Shapeshifter

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

NakhtiChaos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:33 am
Nakhti fished in his bag for a hand towle towle and found it. Reaching down he cleaned up the mess before the waitress ever got there. Slowly the surface of the rag went from dirty to clean leaving no trace that there ever was a mess.

"I love the crap i aquire on my travels."

Nakhti did not hear what TY said as he went back into deep thought while chewing upon his dried strip of meat.

"Hunter in white......"  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 100 101 102 103 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games