Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:22 pm
User Image

User Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Year ♫ Dating Darius Silver ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound. 
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all. 
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Ver jumped and dropped her book at the sudden brush of lips against her cheek. Grey eyes spun onto his face and she stared up at him in shock. "Darius!" She muttered grumpily, slapping his chest gently. "You scared me! And you made me lose my place!" As she said this, she reached down to grab her book and slide it back into her bag, before sliding arms around his neck and kissing his nose gently.

"And how is it the big bad prefect is already breaking rules just to say hello to little old me?" She asked playfully, smiling at him gently. She wasn't complaining at all. Darius was her only friend and the love of her life. If he wanted to break rules to be with her, she was most definitely okay with that... even if she was a stickler for the rules.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร. 
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є. 
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔. 
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:09 am
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Kas and Pieraspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, sure, complain about your sister, they'll love listening to that...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

Echo flushed when the girl, Piera, said his name was cool. His name was weird, that's what it was. His mum was so strange sometimes... which was part, if not all, of the reason his sister was. Couple that with the fact that she was Daddy's Girl and she got away with everything. Not that they didn't love Echo just as much, they totally did. But they didn't quite... relate to him, on the same level. Of course, his dad was convinced that was mostly because Echo wasn't yet old enough to play all the violent video games he wanted them to play together. Echo was actually sort of looking forward to that. Had to wait until he was at least thirteen, though. Fifteen for some of the racier ones. Mum's rules.

But, he couldn't argue and say it wasn't a cool name, because that would be rude. So, instead, he shrugged, giving her a shy smile.
                                                          "I guess so. I mean, her name's Gypsy. My sister, I mean. My mum picked both our names... although Dad did veto her first choice for me. Something like Storm or Thunder, I don't remember exactly. She's... sort of an odd woman. Artist; that's where my sister gets it from." The idea that someone would be jealous of his obnoxious, overbearing sister was somewhat laughable. He scowled a bit and shook his head. "No way. I almost wish I'd been a Hufflepuff or something, just to get away from her for a bit. She's... she's so obnoxious sometimes! I mean... I love her, I guess, but I wish she'd just leave me alone to read instead of hovering over my shoulder, chattering away at me. I won't even have a Common Room to hide in. Or a dorm; mum said the girls can come up to the boy's dorm rooms. So she'll be able to come pester me straight from bed to my lessons to dinner and back to bed." He sighed, his hand going to the back of his head and scratching. Why did she have to be like that? It was almost like she was being overprotective or something, except she wanted him to get in trouble instead of trying to keep him out of it. What sort of sister did that? Really.

He gave Kas a small smile... and noticed the green robes, paired with the Ravenclaw badge. What was that about? Although, the color was nice on him... wait, why had he noticed that? He blamed his mother and sister. Bloody artists. He knew things about colors and hues and tones that no boy his age should know. At least, that's what his grandfather always said... which come to think of it, he didn't really care what his grandfather had to say. The man was a right bloody arse. And he thought Echo was his prized grandchild, 'a right proper Lovette.' As if that were such a thing. He gave his head a light shake.
                                                          "Erm, pardon me, but what's with your robes? Did the enchantment on them mess up or something?" Echo'd never heard of whatever charm was placed on the robes to make them match one's house at sorting going wrong, but surely it happened, right? That would make sense, then... although it was certainly odd.

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                          Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

(( OOC: ))

Piera Touko

Greycast

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:37 am
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // ...spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // ''Ooooh, Echo's gonna get sorted and I'm going to bug the hell out of him.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy blinked a bit at the boy's response to her explaining her gift. He thought she was trying to trick him? That was so mean! Even she wouldn't do something like that to a first year... especially not when she was fairly certain he must be a Muggleborn. That would be so cruel! Jer's explanation made her want to roll her eyes with it's simplicity. He was sort of right; magic was magic. But she had a feeling that the kid would need more than that. Proof tended to work better than words. Pics or it didn't happen, right? So, she leaned forward, smiling at him. "No trick. Promise, kiddo. I'll prove it for you. What do you want me to do? I can go as simple as a quick hair color change, or I can mess with my nose or my lips or even my whole face. Tell me what you wanna see." She'd considered, briefly, just outright changing her whole face to look different, and decided that was too big. It might freak the kid out, after all. She'd then considered changing her eyes or her hair, but that might be too small... unsure of what proof he'd need to be convinced and what would be too much, she'd left it up to him. Surely he'd know how much it took to show him what she was capable of, right? And he should know; it wouldn't do for the little first year to be going around doubting magic. Not believing was one of the chief things that would keep him from being ale to perform spells in lessons, which could lead to disappointment in himself and low self-esteem. Gypsy couldn't let that happen. Not if there was anything she could do about it. She would be more than willing to take the kid under her wing and show him just how amazing magic could be.

An older boy, obviously a Slytherin, popped off to Jer about sitting at the Ravenclaw table... and then sat down at the Ravenclaw table, with some girl, who he proceeded to cozy up with. She glared at the guy; who did he think he was, getting onto Jer for doing the same damn thing he was? She considered saying something, but she had more important matters to deal with right now. She had a first year to initiate. No sense getting all annoyed at some snotty Slytherin. Still, though, unbidden, her hair and eyes changed red. It wasn't the bright, fire-engine color it changed when she was furious, but a deep, dark cherry red, indicative of annoyance. Bloody Slytherins and their bloody attitudes... no wonder Jer'd rather sit with her lot, if they were like that. She didn't rightly know; she just knew what her parents had told her, and what little she knew from her first year. Jer was a good guy, and he was a snake, so they couldn't be all bad... but she was fairly certain most of them were.

ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                          Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Diamond Wales

XxXDevil-Chan

KlutzyChild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:47 am
User ImageUser Image

He smiled a bit, he did feel a bit bad for scarring her but he was pleased she was happy to see him. "Well you know your worth it, besides they gave the prefect badge to the wrong person. You should have been the one to get it, I'm not the prefect type." He said looking at her. "Maybe they'll kick me off this bloody stupid job once they see I'm no good at it."

{OoC:}

Xistund

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:26 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

This prefect knows the wrong time to enter a conversation.

"You think I'm that stupid?" David snorted to the prefect. "Please, I'm all for keeping house points. I don't have temper problems. You won't catch me slapping anyone."

Shaking his head he returned his attention to Piera to talk to her. "More or less that is how the spell works but I would read up and study it a bit before jumping into it. And I have a good guess what the coursework this year should be if they go by the textbooks: I memorized them mostly over the summer. So, if you have any questions I guess you know where to go."

David turned to see the boy Echo, Kas and Piera had struck conversation with. Apparently his sister was Gypsy. Echo seemed the complete opposite and worried about the pestering his sister was going to put him through. Then he heard the question about the robes regarding the green on Kas's robes and David decided to speak up, "Oh, no, apparently Kas has an aversion to blue so Jer used Coloromuto to change the robe color. I think Jer is running around in blue last I saw... Anyways, I'm David, by the way."

Greycast
hjcoffman2881
StudiousDemoness
Violet the Maestro
Piera Touko
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:05 pm
User Image
User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ ℛavenclaw

When the slytherin kid spoke up, Alex frowned a bit. The boy seemed pretty cool, what with his neat hat and way of speaking. Still, he was going on about Gypsy like changing the way you look was a matter of magic. The first year knew that he was going to have to wrap it around his head sooner or later, that there were no parameters in magic, but it scared him to think that he knew next to nothing. To be honest, he was probably just in denial. He admitted this to himself, but it didn't exactly stop him from being scared.

Especially when the girl just outright changed her hair and eye color. A lump formed in the young boy's throat and his hands grew sweaty. His eyes went wide and he pointed at her head, looking left and right for anyone who'd seen the change. He let out a startled whimper as he slipped backwards off the bench onto the ground, crawling in reverse until he hit the next table over. It had proved to be way too much for the boy. Still, he knew that a breakdown was sort of necessary for him to move on and finally accept the whole everything is not what it seems thing. He placed his head on his knees and wrapped his arms around his legs, feeling terrible. Now everyone in this place would think him an idiot.

He remembered the small bookshelf back at the orphanage, how he used to peel each and every unread book off of the dusty thing and read them cover to cover. There was so much new information there, and each time he learned something was a great little epiphany. He loved it, loved the sensation of taking in something new. He read almost frantically, like the pages he hadn't read yet were going to harm him. Now, as he sat with his head down in a room full of witches and wizards, he understood why. If he didn't know about something, then he had no way of protecting himself from it. He'd lost it over Gypsy because he had no way of defending himself from her. Not that he needed to, he saw that now. Okay, magic. He thought to himself. Magic it is.

❶ OOC: ❶

Cara MiaKitty

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:09 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera noticed Echo's blush, but not the reason why, and hoped she didn't say anything to make him feel uncomfortable. But she felt a little better when he smiled back at her and explained his and his sister's names. Tilting her head with eyes bright with interest as she listened, the young witch's nose wrinkled as she let out a giggle. "I'm glad your dad decided against those names. Echo suits you much better, and it's still interesting! All I know about my name is that it's the name of some secondary character in one of the books my mom was reading around the time I was born." She shrugged, not really knowing much else to say.

She was even more at a loss when Echo scowled and shook his head when she mentioned she was almost jealous of his sister. As he went on to say that he even wished he had been sorted into Hufflepuff to get away from her, Piera's smile became a sympathetic one.
                          "It sounds like she just cares a lot about you, that's probably why she wants to spend so much time around you. But maybe you could ask her for some space because you need time to adjust and she's making you feel uncomfortable."

That was when David turned away from whoever he had been talking to answer Piera's questions about the coloring spell and their coursework. She nodded attentively at his words but her head sank just a little as she realized she hadn't ready any of her textbooks yet. She had spent her summer asking her father random things about the Wizarding World and Hogwarts. "I'll start reading them all first thing tomorrow!" The new Ravenclaw vowed with vigor before pausing in thought. "Hmm... Do classes start tomorrow? I don't know my schedule...How early I'm supposed to get up. Or where my classes are... I hope they give us time before classes begin. We all start with the same classes right David? My dad told me...History of Magic, Potions, Charms...umm..." The girl's mismatched colored eyes closed tightly in thought before she opened them and finished, "Transfiguration, Astronomy, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and.....I think that's it?" Piera asked of David hesitantly.

Then she heard Echo's question about Kas' robes and chuckled as David answered him.
                          "It's silly. Kas looks good in blue! I don't think I met Jer yet though... Is he a first year Ravenclaw like us?" Already, Piera was feeling the closeness of belonging to a house.

σut σf cαndу?!ooClasses~

ωhεɾε Ravenclaw Table. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg Are classes going to start tomorrow morning? ooooo ωเtђ Kas, David, Echo and Ravenclaws.

Greycast

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:46 pm
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The first thing Kas noted about his companions was that they liked to talk.

Granted, they were all children. But it was just something he had noticed in particular. During the course of the conversation, when Echo had remarked a little sullenly on his name, he mentally agreed with Piera, thinking otherwise and was of the opinion that it was a unique name. Sharing a few more things about his family's names and their opinions- - - yet another occurrence to record the over-information, not that he was complaining- - - Kas and the others found out that it was his mother who was the original quirky one of the family and who had given both Gypsy and Echo their names, which he gleaned was a rather grudging reluctant agreement on the part of their father, apparently. Also to include was Echo's sort-of-rivalry with his sister, who was his polar opposite in more than many ways and went about showing her sisterly affection- - - from what he had observed- - - in not an entirely wrong way, but in a way that didn't endear her to Echo. Not all the blame could be placed on the Metamorphmagus- - - though she could try to understand a bit more that that was not the way to approach a thinker- - - because Echo could also do a bit more on his part in explaining and clarifying things with Gypsy instead of simply getting aggravated. It wasn't his place, however, so until then, he would keep his mouth shut.

The mention of the study groups by David brought a small sigh to being, reminding him that he still had an upcoming mission- - - hopefully Cat could tag along and the presence of Piera would lessen his strict educational views- - - to get the brunette to loosen up at his age of eleven. That would be a challenge he would have to tackle in the near future. Hearing the question of his attire's colour come up again from Echo, he was beat to it by Piera and David who had both answered and elaborated on how it came to be. Smiling in wry amusement, he sat back and made himself comfortable, leaving the main body of the conversation in the other three's hands. He laughed quietly at Piera's enthusiasm, finding it endearing and David's equal enthusiasm in education, which he had already found very admirable in someone so young. However, even if there was a lot going on, the young redhead didn't fail to notice the small blush that Echo had sported while he was looking at him.

He wasn't vain or made assumptions and neither did he have the tendency to assume it was him he was looking at, but with the question that followed the look, it apparently was. It was flattering that someone would find him attractive, to be honest. It probably wouldn't be too good for him in the long run, however. His ego might inflate. And with how it was, being borderline egotistic, that probably wouldn't be a good thing. Laughing as Piera repeated the compliment from earlier, Kas looked over at Echo- - - who in all honesty was not bad-looking at all- - - and waved his hand towards the other two. "That is pretty much what happened, though it was my choice," he admitted. "As David mentioned, I'm not too fond of the colour." Turning to Piera, he answered her last question. "He's a Second-Year, Piera. He's also in Slytherin, but from how it looks, I think he likes it better here."

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Contributor 150
    • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:13 pm
    User Image
    Echo is...spacespacespacespace
    CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
    CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
    CURRENTLY WITH // Kas and Pieraspacesp
    CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
    CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, sure, complain about your sister, they'll love listening to that...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
    When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

Echo sighed a bit. He knew that Gypsy was only so overbearing because she didn't want him to be... boring. She associated boring with their grandparents, who were, yes, boring as all get-out. But, they had quite a few other traits that he would never possess. Traits like snobbery or a holier-than-thou attitude. Traits that he despised in them as much as she did. But he wondered if maybe she thought they had influence over him because he was polite when they visited. It wasn't his fault he could fake it better than she could. But, he didn't feel like going into that with a bunch of people he'd just met... especially since he didn't want them all to think he was some sourpuss who spent all his time whining about his family. He had it good, he knew. Just, when you had it so good, it was easy to complain about the little things.

Echo was glad when Piera brought up lessons. That was something he could talk about, easily. He smiled lightly.
                                                            "They give you your schedule at breakfast. I think there's usually a note on the bulletin board about what time that is, in the Common Room. And we'll all have the same lessons, all together. It's not til you pick electives in third year that changes. And then sixth year, after OWLs, you can drop some classes. Not that I will be." As she listed off classes, he ticked them off the list in his head, and gave it a light shake when she said that was it. "You forgot Herbology. But that's it. Until electives, at least. Then there's a whole bunch of others." Echo still needed to figure out how many of those lesson's he'd be taking. He had a feeling 'all of them' was a bad idea... no matter how much he wanted to take them all.

He noticed Kas given him an odd look before commenting on David and Piera's statement about his robes. He didn't know why someone wouldn't be fond of blue, but then, there was probably a very good reason. Echo wasn't especially fond of pink... mostly because his house was covered in a very loud and garish shade of the color, courtesy of his sister. It was a nice enough color... for others, not him. At the mention of Jer, he shook his head.
                                                            "He's the blonde who followed my sister over to see me. And he doesn't like sitting with the Slytherins. Gypsy said it's because apparently he's muggleborn and there were a few very rude purebloods in their year who made him feel unwelcome." Echo didn't quite understand why the Slytherin felt the need to break the rules just because of a few moronic prats, but then, he wasn't a troublemaker. He supposed that, to someone who didn't mind getting a few points deducted or a detention, it would be worth it to avoid such people.

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                            Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

Piera Touko

Greycast

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:22 am
    User Image

David Sinclair League
    [Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
    Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
    Current Age: 11
    Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
    Year at Hogwarts: First Year
    Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

They forgot mandatory flying... which I'd rather skip all together.

"There's also mandatory flying for first years," David said with an not very enthused sigh.

He glanced over at Echo and added with a smile, "You missed out on your sister's explanation to us that he was over here just because she was 'so cute' or something like that. And the problem with Slytherin doesn't lie just with the occasional rude pureblood... there is also the importance of family status beyond the purity of one's blood."

He shrugged, "My mum and everyone but my dad's mum and my dad were Slytherins. You get used to it eventually. Mum took Muggle Studies though. But, I think my family still looks down on a cousin or something who married a half-blood, which I am pretty sure my Mum dated to do better in Muggle Studies." He shrugged. "I'm sure if you look hard enough every house has someone with the mindset of blood purity or at the very least from a family of it. I basically ignore my extended family when I can. I grew up around Muggles, myself, and quite frankly I don't see much of a difference besides wizards can do magic and muggles can't."

Greycast
    hjcoffman2881
    StudiousDemoness
    Violet the Maestro
    Piera Touko
    Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
    • Deal Me In 50
    • Married 100
    • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Married 100
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 pm
    User Image
    So tell me what you want to hear
    Something that will light those ears
    Sick of all the insincere
    So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

Jer glared at an older student as he decided to tell Jer where to sit, and then promptly sat down with a girl at the table. Seriously? Sheesh, if anything, this just confirmed why he preferred to sit with the Ravenclaw table and not the Slytherin one. After all, they were a heck of a lot better mannered than the house of snakes. He made a rude gesture at the older teen, tossing him a dirty look on top of it, before he turned back to his conversation with Gypsy and Alex. Only to find Alex on the floor staring in terror at his best friend. He sighed, thinking this a bit too much of an overreaction. "You alrigh' there china? I mean, ya seem ta be havin' a bi' o' a frigh' there."

He glanced over to Gypsy, and realized why Alex was having that reaction. Well then, he'd never seen her hair that color. Well, maybe once, with that Gryffindor girl, Ronna. And Scourge, but well, Scourge left the school. Still, he looked at where her gaze lay and realized it was on the Slytherin prefect. Was she, annoyed? Was that why her hair changed? Maybe it was something like magic, where if you get upset, it just reacts. Definitely something he'd have to ask her about. Later, of course. "So, Gyp, ya think I should join th' Slytherin team fer Quidditch? Could be a real sore spo' for 'em if I make th' team. Leas' i' migh' make them reconsider whatev'r dumb idea th' gits have abou' me."

-------------------------------------------
    State: Being himself
    OOC: ...
    -------------------------------------------

This time, don't need another perfect lie
    Don't care if critics ever jump in line
    I'm gonna give all my secrets away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 pm
    User Image
    Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
    CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
    CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
    CURRENTLY WITH // ...spacesp
    CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
    CURRENTLY THINKING // ''Ooooh, Echo's gonna get sorted and I'm going to bug the hell out of him.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
    ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
    It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ

Gypsy was surprised when she turned back to Alex to find the first year on the ground. Her eyebrows shot up, her expression growing concerned. She stood, leaning over the table to look at him. "Oh, my gosh, are you alright? What happened? I looked away for half a second..." One of Gypsy's locks fell in her face, and she flushed when she realized her hair had turned red because of her annoyance with the Slytherin who'd gotten onto Jer. She wanted to reach out a hand to help the kid, but well, there was a table in between them, after all. She considered changing it back to its previous blue and pink streaks, but figured that the second alteration would only unnerve the boy more, so she left it as it was. She sat back down, her expression apologetic. "Sorry about that. I really was going to leave it up to you, Alex, I didn't mean to give you a fright. But sometimes when my mood changes, it just... happens. I've not got perfect control of it just yet." Her hand went to her hair, ruffling it. Well, she'd certainly messed that up, hadn't she?

When Jer posed his question, she shrugged.
                                                            "I dunno. I mean, I don't really care one way or the other about Quidditch. But if you think you'd like it..." The idea of riling up the other Slytherins did appeal to her, though... she doubted very much if his presence on the team would make them any kinder to him, but she wouldn't say so. If he wanted to try out, she wouldn't dissuade him. "If you make the team, I'll go to your games. Cheer ya on and whatnot. You'll owe me one, though," she told him, her voice growing teasing as she nudged him in the ribs again. Really, she wouldn't mind going to the games that much. She didn't want to play, but that didn't mean it couldn't be fun to watch, right?

ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                            Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                            ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Diamond Wales

XxXDevil-Chan

KlutzyChild

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:41 pm
    User Image
    User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ ℛavenclaw

As his breathing evened out and both of his comrades began to show their concern, the first year began to feel alright again. He'd accepted that he just couldn't expect... anything... here. While Gypsy's odd gift was still frightening, he had to admit to himself that it was also kind of fascinating. Just like almost everything in this place. He stood, brushed himself off, and returned to his seat across from Gypsy. "I'll be alright," he spoke to Jer. "It's just bloody creepy is all. No offense to you, Gypsy. I gotta get used to everything here is all."

The two older students then began to talk about Quid Itch. Again? Sooner or later the blonde was going to have to find out just exactly what it was. If that meant personally involving himself in it, then so be it. He listened carefully to what Jer and Gypsy were saying, and gathered from Gypsy's answer of support that it was some kind of sport or something. Though Alex had never really been one for sports, he knew that something played in the wizard world would be vastly different from football or rugby or polo. No, this was probably something involving magic, just like Gypsy's weird metamorphma-thing. Maybe it wouldn't even involve running, like most muggle sports did. That would be good if Alex wanted any part in it. His athletic ability was unbeknownst to him.

Settling in to the conversation, Alex glanced at Alexandria, who was also socializing over at the Gryffindor table. He hoped that he would have another chance to speak with her, but was glad that they had both found people to talk to. Gypsy and Jer really weren't half bad now that he was over thinking that Gypsy was going to work some deadly evil voodoo on him. That could really put a damper on any relationship. A low grumble sounded from his stomach, signaling hunger. Hopefully the sorting would end soon, and they could get a taste of the great food that Jason had mentioned at the boats. "So, where are you two from, then?" Alex asked. It was a much better conversation starter than "Ravenclaw, huh?"

❶ OOC: ❶

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 am
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
      яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera's smile froze at David's mention of mandatory flying lessons. "F-Flying? Like on brooms? O-Oh...." She definitely wasn't going to be looking forward to that. Heights made her dizzy... But at least she didn't seem to be the only one who wasn't enthused about the idea if David's sigh was anything to go off of.

The pigtailed girl's focus was drawn back to Echo as he explained to her about the class schedules and she payed close attention. It made her smile to hear that they would all have classes together. It sounded like regular school to her!
                            "I can't wait until third year then. I heard that you get to visit a town nearby then too."

When Echo corrected her in the one left out class she shrugged with a rueful smile. Well she got most of them. She didn't think she'd be great at that class. Maybe that's why she forgot about it. But she was more interested in the electives available, even if they couldn't take them for another two years.

Looking sideways at Kas as he explained about Jer, Piera made an 'O' shape of understanding before turning to look at Echo as he described him and said that said Slytherin was with his sister currently. A frown slipped onto the young witch's face as she was told that apparently pure-blood Slytherins don't usually like muggleborns.

"That's not very nice..." Piera murmured, wondering if it was also bad to be half-blood like herself. She was almost afraid to ask really. It seemed to her like a lot of her new friends were pure-blood... But they wouldn't not like her anymore just because of who her mom wasn't a witch...right? She seemed to grow smaller as David spoke more on the subject, but felt a little better knowing that at least he himself seemed to be alright with muggles and non-pure-bloods.

σut σf cαndу:ooBlood.

ωhεɾε Ravenclaw Table. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg Will people hate me because I'm a half-blood? oooo ωเtђ Kas, David, Echo and Ravenclaws. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Friendly 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100
      PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:26 am

The redhead smiled to himself as he took in the sight before him. They seemed to be getting along well. Content just to watch as opposed to participating in the conversation, Kas did so, opting out of the conversation and listening in on the discussion going on between David, Piera and Echo. The two boys would be good for Piera, he realized, who was as eager to learn about the magical world as the boys were to teach and explain. And they were doing a pretty good job, Kas smiled, amused. All three of them had a fairly good dynamic with each other.

He was, however, slightly concerned about David and Echo. He had to admit he was slightly worried the two of them would turn out much too alike and as legendary as his zen was- - - according to Jaime and Donna, who admittedly were worse than toddlers when they put their mind to it- - - he didn't think he might be able survive two of a kind in his seven years. When the mention of blood purity came up, the redhead tried to keep his silence, but since he was sitting closest to Piera, he was probably the one who heard it best. Sighing, he opened his mouth to explain. "No, admittedly, Piera, it isn't," he spoke up quietly. "It's an opinion mostly shared by the elitists of the magical world, that magic was something 'sacred' to be treasured and only those of true magical blood had the right to wield it. They are the minority, but some of them are quite influential. Nevertheless, more and more are shifting their views over to the more liberal side. Besides," Kas smiled, propping his chin up on his palm again. "it is school. We're all simply immature brats with no knowledge of the real world out there. There will be bound to be some opinionated swine who will go around forcing their views on people, but it's all part of the package."

To be honest, Kas never understood the reason for keeping the blood pure. So many things could go wrong, and it had been proven many times over that it was not a factor in success of life. Nevertheless, he supposed the world could not be as intelligent as all that. Shaking his head of such thoughts, the de Assi's gaze drifted over the Sorting and towards the Staff Table. He recalled the blonde professor who had escorted them to the Hall. Strangely enough, the redhead had felt comfortable around the man for some reason. Green eyes roving up and down the table, he wondered who the Head Nurse was. He planned to address the issue of his potion's supply as soon as possible and for that, he needed the head nurse's support and cooperation. Sighing again at how complicated things seemed to feel, Kas turned back to his table and listened in once more, tapping into the wave that everyone was talking on and simply listening.

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games