Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm
Psychofish
The AI for guests was painfully meh, though it seemed as though guests had slightly different focuses depending on who they were and their situation, which was neat.

Algus' AI was even a d**k though. I got him defend and instantly regretted it and unequipped it, since he'd just spend the entire battle running near the fight, and then defending instead of helping.
I'd rather he defend than steal my exp and jp. ******** wanker hogging all the exp. I usually unequipped all the crap he has on, distribute it amongst the other units and let him get beat up early.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:05 pm
FFT definitely did not have much in the way of good vs evil plot... well, aside from the Lucavi, and then we're not even sure they're full goals.

TO:LuCT, if I remember right, had a great story with the whole every is pretty gray plot (no clear cut good vs evil), and your actions affected how things turned out. There were places were you make choices, to go do this or to go do this (since, unlike most RPGs I can think of, they have s**t that you can do, happen even if you go decide that you gotta do something else).  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Psychofish
The AI for guests was painfully meh, though it seemed as though guests had slightly different focuses depending on who they were and their situation, which was neat.

Algus' AI was even a d**k though. I got him defend and instantly regretted it and unequipped it, since he'd just spend the entire battle running near the fight, and then defending instead of helping.
I'd rather he defend than steal my exp and jp. ******** wanker hogging all the exp. I usually unequipped all the crap he has on, distribute it amongst the other units and let him get beat up early.
Heh, once you get Mediator, chakra, and chicken... you get basically infinite EXP and JP (for whatever class you are).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:08 pm
Raganui Minamoto
FFT definitely did not have much in the way of good vs evil plot... well, aside from the Lucavi, and then we're not even sure they're full goals.

TO:LuCT, if I remember right, had a great story with the whole every is pretty gray plot (no clear cut good vs evil), and your actions affected how things turned out. There were places were you make choices, to go do this or to go do this (since, unlike most RPGs I can think of, they have s**t that you can do, happen even if you go decide that you gotta do something else).
The Lucavi are not evil, they just answer the needs of people. Remember, the twin Rafa revived her brother with a Zodiac Stone, but at the same time turned like 7 dudes into evil demonic beings.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:21 pm
....Kagae wouldn't even wake up Kaori in full body armor....You'd think he'd be the safest person in the world to wake up Kaori.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:47 pm
He could always poke her from afar with his katana, just in case.

Anyways, LLUVIA, updating Snakebend Menace anytime soon?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Raganui Minamoto

The Lucavi are not evil, they just answer the needs of people. Remember, the twin Rafa revived her brother with a Zodiac Stone, but at the same time turned like 7 dudes into evil demonic beings.

The Lucavi had a goal that wasn't just what people wanted. The Zodiac Stones themselves definitely held power, some of which was for containing the Lucavi. Though, if you take into account FFXII's story and ideals, it's funny to note that Zodiac, despite being a Lucavi (rivalling Ultima/Atma in power), is still a Summon. Personally though, I don't like how they expanded Ivalice with 12, FFT:A, FFT:A2. Especially since there's this giant gap that doesn't explain why they have all these races that weren't in FFT... and then what they did to the Zodiac Stones.

"Oh, they're not a set of holy stones.. they're just a magicite."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:53 pm
I'd say make a staff and use that.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm
It's Ebisquare's way of folding all the Final Fantasy universes together. In my mind, they're two seperate universe that share certain things.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:16 pm
I've never played the FFTA games, but as I hear it there's nothing that should make one consider them the same universe as the original FFT except that it's called "Ivalice".

I mean, in FFT you're in the world of Ivalice, reading a scholar's account of these events. In the FFTA games Ivalice is a world in a storybook or something that you get sucked into. FFXII is supposed to be Ivalice as well, but... don't think it is. At best it's the FFT world x hundred years in the future.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Keith Valken Lionheart
Raganui Minamoto

The Lucavi had a goal that wasn't just what people wanted. The Zodiac Stones themselves definitely held power, some of which was for containing the Lucavi. Though, if you take into account FFXII's story and ideals, it's funny to note that Zodiac, despite being a Lucavi (rivalling Ultima/Atma in power), is still a Summon. Personally though, I don't like how they expanded Ivalice with 12, FFT:A, FFT:A2. Especially since there's this giant gap that doesn't explain why they have all these races that weren't in FFT... and then what they did to the Zodiac Stones.

"Oh, they're not a set of holy stones.. they're just a magicite."
If the Lucavi had a goal, they had a funny way of showing it.

Also, keep in mind that the FF12 summons were basically inside a piece of Auracite, which broke everytime you defeated them.

Either way, I like FF12. FFT was in great because of the convoluted storyline, and the whole 'no-one-is-really-evil' thing tying it together, but it's basically your average medieval-fantasy story. It has nobles and peasant, and a few monsters and some magic. That's it. FF12's Ivalice was much richer, and felt more alive. Granted, FFT IMO was trying to convey a dark, pulp feeling to it's story, but FF12's Ivalice just felt so fantastic and alive.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:00 pm
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

How games are made in Heaven and Hell  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 am
Rain Yupa
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

How games are made in Heaven and Hell

I don't like Obsidian. But I'm kinda biased cause they took two good games... then ******** their sequels. NWN 2 and KOTOR 2.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:01 pm
Advice to Kagae: RUN!  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:03 pm
Plainsfox
Advice to Kagae: RUN!

gonk  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games