Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 am
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    яανєи¢ℓαω нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ 1ѕт уєαя

oooPiera hesitantly looked up at Kas as he agreed with the comment she hadn't thought anyone else heard. But she still listened, even though she was afraid of what he might say. But hearing the honest truth was better than simple platitudes. She could understand the pure-blood's point of view, even though she didn't agree. Magic was...well magic. Special and unique and powerful. But that didn't mean that they couldn't share it. And only a little bit of people even felt that way!

Feeling her smile slowly return, albeit in a small way, Piera looked shyly grateful at Kas as he smiled at herwith his chin propped up on his palm. Giggling as he called them all (including himself and her) brats, the pigtailed girl already felt better.
                          "Thanks Kas..." Piera stated sincerely. "I'm just a half-blood and I didn't even know about magic or Hogwarts or the Wizarding World or anything until I got my letter and my dad explained. He wasn't sure if I would ever be a witch. But it's nice to see that not everybody hates people like me."

Her usual smile returned full force now and she poked the red head boy's ribs playfully. "And you sounded so grown up! Are you really fifteen or something and you got held back? Hehe. You're so wise, you're perfect for Ravenclaw. The hat only put me in here cuz I like reading." Piera stuck her tongue out teasingly before shrugging with a smile.

σut σf cαndу:ooBlood.

ωhεɾε Ravenclaw Table. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg Will I be a good Ravenclaw? oooo ωเtђ Kas, David, Echo and Ravenclaws. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:43 am
    User Image

David Sinclair League
    [Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
    Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
    Current Age: 11
    Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
    Year at Hogwarts: First Year
    Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Poor Piera is so pure.

"Well the fall of You-Know-Who always helped weed out some elitist attitudes, as well," David mused. "Older families had to cover their tracks or make a big show they weren't involved. Or at least it was smart to do so."

He returned to the conversation, glad for Kas's reassurance of Piera. He smiled as she admitted she was only half-blood, to him it didn't matter-quite frankly he wasn't even sure if he could be defined as pureblood with some families since his father was a squib. "Like Kas said it is an antiquated idea. Most don't have the idea, and they generally like to wear green for some reason, not that all Slytherins hold that opinion. My mother doesn't hold the opinion of blood status importance like some and she grew up around it and was a Slytherin."

David smiled as Piera joked with Kas about being grown up and decided it was best not to explain in old families it was usually natural to grow up fast. Instead he said, "I'm sure the hat put you here for other reasons too."

Greycast
    hjcoffman2881
    StudiousDemoness
    Violet the Maestro
    Piera Touko
    Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
    • Deal Me In 50
    • Married 100
    • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:10 pm
    User Image
    Echo is...spacespacespacespace
    CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
    CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
    CURRENTLY WITH // David, Kas and Pieraspacesp
    CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
    CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, sure, complain about your sister, they'll love listening to that...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
    When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
    ════════════════════════════════════════════════

Echo's temper piqued as they began speaking on the topic of blood purity. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was people who thought that blood made you better than anyone else. The fact that none of his fellow first years shared that attitude made him feel a bit better about it, though. At least he didn't have to worry about sharing a Common Room with a bunch of elitist prats. "I think the green thing is supposed to be a show of solidarity among them. Slytherin was always known for being the house of the pure, because it's founder basically invented the idea of blood purity. It's also supposed to be a sign of nobility, because Slytherin's the house of nobles. Pretty much every noble, pure family who goes far enough back can find a Slytherin or two, if not a whole family tree of them. My mum says it's because the families who tended to be in other houses weren't opposed to blood mixing, so you get a lot more halfbloods and the like with them." The Ravenclaw shrugged, his demeanor annoyed at the thought. "There's always exceptions, of course. My family's pureblood, and we're Ravenclaws as far back as I've bothered to trace. Of course, my dad's parents are... sort of awful. I can't really tell if it has anything to do with blood, though. I mean, my mum's pureblood, and from a good family, but they can't stand her. Mostly because she's an artist and sort of a hippie. Like I said, they're really proper." Honestly, Echo hated his grandparents. They were awful to his mum, who he loved more than anyone in the entire world. She could be a bit crazy at times, but it was all in good fun. And he loved the way she saw the world, with these wide, excited eyes. She was almost childlike in her innocence at times... but when she worked on her art, it was obvious that she saw the world more clearly than most. Gypsy... she had potential for that, but she was hung up on so many things... the least of which was not herself.

That thought drew him back to the conversation, just in time to hear Piera saying the hat had placed her in Ravenclaw because she liked to read. He smiled widely.
                                                            "The hat looks at you and sees your potential. Who you are versus who you could be. My whole family thought Gypsy would be in Gryffindor, because she's so... brash. But, according to her, the Hat put her in Ravenclaw because she was creative. Mum said it was because the hat saw that if it put her in Gryffindor, she'd spend so much time finding new ways to get into trouble, she'd never even look at that side of herself. So, maybe the hat put you in Ravenclaw because it saw that you had the potential to be wise, too." Honestly, Echo had a hard time believing that anything would keep his sister from painting. The dozens of unfinished murals covering the walls of their home certainly didn't seem to indicate it. But, the fact that they were unfinished... Mum had said that she needed to learn to hone her abilities and her vision... Ravenclaw was definitely the place for that. Echo recalled the hat saying he had a sense of adventure. He did; that was why he enjoyed Horror novels and movies so much. But, he wondered what the hat had been thinking... it'd sounded like, for just a moment, it'd considered placing him somewhere else... but where? His gaze drifted to the Gryffindor table, and he spotted Tanya waving at him. He returned her wave, smiling. Surely it hadn't thought to put him there, even for a second? But he had to wonder...

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                            Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

(( OOC: ))

Piera Touko

Greycast

mc2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 pm
    User Image

David Sinclair League
    [Ravenclaw]

Poor Piera is so pure.

David noticed Echo's simmering anger and debated briefly to continue but decided to do so. "That is part of it but I think there is more that lies at it. Old families... ambition, cunning, winning at all costs, loyalty to your own... that all is very common. In many ways that is what the Slytherin house values. Hell, you can't call Slytherin a pureblood house any more... I mean for example there is Jer. Even old rich Muggle families have the same ideas about 'purity' and ideals as many old wizarding families do. Like I said, Muggles and wizards really aren't that much different. At least of the class of people I've seen in both categories. It's a game of power to the rich, at least... regardless of the magical status of the family."

He sighed and said, "Well, my Mum's parents aren't overly fond of my father... and I would have to say the feeling is mutual between them. I mean I guess it was fine until Mum went up and married him. They feel my mother could have done 'better'. I suppose by their definitions they probably are right."

David shrugged and said, "To happier subjects, though. I have to say, while the hat does look at your potential to decide where to place you it has other ways of deciding. Sometimes the hat gets lazy and just places families in a house together as long as it will work sort of. And of course, you could do what I did, and merely ask for the house you want. So I suppose I won't know much about what the hat's true plans were for me considering how I went about it but the Sorting Hat and I reached an agreement." David smirked and glanced up at the professor table. He decided, considering Echo's flash of seething anger, it was probably best not to mention that the sorting hat had told David that he would have done well in Slytherin-which was true enough, he supposed, if he had wanted that sort of path.

Greycast
    hjcoffman2881
    StudiousDemoness
    Violet the Maestro
    Piera Touko
    Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
    • Deal Me In 50
    • Married 100
    • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Married 100
    PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:38 pm
    User Image
    You see, you'd love to run home, but you know you ain't got one
    Cuz you're livin' in a world that you're best forgotten
    When you're thinkin' you're a joke and nobody's gonna listen
    To the one small point I know they've been missing around here

User Image

Rick hadn't really meant to be listening. He preferred his own little world, with it's quiet little corner just for him to watch the rest of the world. However, he frowned as he heard something said about the Sorting Hat by a first year. Well, that made no sense. If that were the case, he would have been put in Gryffindor because that's where the Steele family all went. Instead, his half-brother went there, who had no relations to the Steeles, and his father was a Ravenclaw. Ugh, this was a headache to listen to. He put his head down, thinking that this was just going to drive him crazy listening to it. After all, he was pretty sure he was going crazy anyway. It was in his genes, right? "Um, that's not right, you know. I was placed in Ravenclaw, and the pureblood side of my family have been Gryffindors. My half brother got put there instead, and our father's Ravenclaw. It just puts you where you belong."

----------------------------------
    Thinking: Oh no, my kids are going to be loons, aren't they?
    OOC: ...
    ----------------------------------

Jinx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:45 pm
    User Image

☾Sweet dreams are made of these!

xxxxxJames scowled. There had been talk of perhaps her not continuing the be a prefect. After all, there were the emotional side effects to think about, however, their Head of House still seemed to trust her. Akira, her sister, the only one that went through the same thing she did, except perhaps a bit worse, was even made a prefect. "I didna call ye stupid, though maybe ye wouldna have ta fear tha if ye listened a wee bit better," James said bluntly. She was a prefect, and she was not taking crap from anyone. Not anymore.

xxxxxLooking around the table, she noticed quite a few more first years had been added to the table, but Akira was still missing. 'Great, now they all think I'm a b***h, all cause Kira can't be bothered to show up,' she thought to herself. The first years didn't know her, and here they were, getting a first impression of her, and it wasn't the best to say the least. James knew she currently wasn't her best, even if she weren't so angry at the fact that one of the younger students was so eager to challenge her authority.

xxxxx"An besides, wha do ye know of the Sorting Hat? A've been ere fer six years. Ye've been ere fer what? An hour? A've seen all those Ceremonies. Ye can't say the Hat gets lazy. Ye said it yerself. Traits run in families. The Hat's worked longer than ye'd ever ope ta work," James snapped. She was Scottish, and had always been a bit feisty. Nearly dying over the summer had strengthened that sentiment. The whole ordeal had lowered her standards for dealing with prats such as this boy. "An agreement? Hah! A watched yer Sorting, an it seemed ta me that ye only got listened ta. Well, perhaps ye best listen now. Yer in the house o' the wise. Ye ain't the smartest un ere!"

xxxxJames didn't know what to think. She only knew that this was going to be an even longer year than she was anticipating.

Who has a mind to disagree?

mc2

a porg
    Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
    Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:59 pm
    User Image

Wake me up
    Wake me up inside
    I can't wake up
    Wake me up inside
    Save me
    Call my name and save me from the dark.

xxxxxEver since Akira had been forced to nearly kill her sister, she had been off. How could she not? The carvings in her back, nearly loosing her boyfriend. It was all too terrible to watch. Her dreams had been haunted by those images, and more since she had been rescued. Sure, Zephyr was alright. He was a vampire, but he was alive, sort of. Akira, the insomniac that she had become, had fallen asleep on the carriage, only to be reawakened, screaming. It took quite a few older students, and even a professor to calm her down.

xxxxxBy the time the girl had calmed down enough to enter the Great Hall, the amount of first years waiting to be sorted seemed to have dwindled down considerably. Akira quietly made her way over to the Ravenclaw table, but despite her attempts to be quiet, she still felt as though people were watching her. When she found her sister, the girl seemed to be irate. Akira hadn't seen James like that since the first few nights of their kidnapping. "James, everythin alright? Can't have ye scaring off all the firsties now," the younger Machlachan said in an attempt to be lighthearted, but it was weak. Her voice shook. Why was she a prefect again?

Wake me up
    Bid my blood to run
    I can't wake up
    Before I come undone
    Save me
    Save me from the nothing I've become

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:26 am
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera frowned in confusion as David mentioned someone...'you-know-who'. Was she supposed to know who? "Who do you mean David?"

She was glad to find that her new friends didn't seem to judge her for her parents lineage, even fully supporting her. She couldn't imagine how she would've done if she had gotten put in Slytherin. Would they bully her even if she wasn't in their house? That wasn't a fun thought. She would have to remember to stay away from them if what Echo was saying was true. Or...maybe not. Jer was one after all and he seemed nice enough. She'd have to see before she decided. And Echo said that not all purebloods were Slytherins...or snobs.

As David and Echo dwelt on family and their opinions of their offspring, it made her think of her own grandparents, on her father's side. She had never met them since they had only just moved to Britain before she started Hogwarts. Did they hate her? Did they hate her dad because he loves mom and married her? But no, she would try not to think of such things right now.

Refocusing back on the new subject at hand, Piera looked over at Echo as he spoke of how the sorting hat did its job. It was quite interesting really.
                            "That makes sense. Maybe I can do good in Ravenclaw then... Though I can't see me ever becoming wise! Unless when I'm really really old, heh." To her, wise was gained through experience. She knew she had lived a fairly sheltered life and was content with it. And though she knew she wasn't dumb, she didn't consider herself truly 'intelligent' either. She just knew how to memorize what she read. But maybe she could learn how to be smart. That was a silly thought.

But David had his own thoughts on how the Sorting Hat worked. Frowning in confusion at his clashing ideas, Piera opened her mouth to state her own opinion and point out what Kas had said earlier, when an older Ravenclaw spoke up to them about how the pureblood side of his family were Gryffindors but he and his brother got put in Ravenclaw. Nodding in agreement, Piera backed him up.
                            "He's right. My dad said that nearly all of his family have been in Hufflepuff, but here I am. I think it's like what Kas said. Being around family affects how you think and behave and usually your family helps shape you into who you are. That must be why a lot of family members end up in the same house."

But that's when things sort of blew up as another older Ravenclaw, this time a girl, butted in rather loudly, arguing against what David said. Her smile taking on a nervous tinge, Piera tried to be polite while trying to defuse the situation without taking sides. "I'm sure David wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything... Um... Hey when does this feast I've heard so much about start? Do you know Kas?" She looked pleadingly at her red headed friend.

σut σf cαndу:ooNo fighty! D;

ωhεɾε Ravenclaw Table. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg I hope they don't keep fighting... oooo ωเtђ Kas, David, Echo, Richard, Jamesina, Akira and Ravenclaws. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Violet the Maestro

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Friendly 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100
      PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 am
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was with increasing annoyance and utter disbelief that Kasdeja de Assi listened to the turn of conversation that surrounded him. Fingers stroked the base of the heavy, solid goblet in front of him, light, tracing caresses on the engraved metal.

With a swift flick of his fingers and a lot of practice, the redhead tipped the goblet over, clattering against the wood with a symphony of loud, sharp thudded cracks.

He didn't normally do things like this- - - it pushed him a bit out of his comfort zone, to be honest- - - but this was probably a time for an exception.

"I was under the impression," he began quietly, voice carrying over the silence at their portion of the table. "that Ravenclaw was the house of the wise."

"I stand corrected."

"Let's start, shall we?" The redhead's voice took on a dry little tone, subtle undertones of alternatively mocking and reprimanding seeping into it as a less lighter version of his earlier wry smiles made its way onto his face. "We were getting along so well. What happened?"

"Oh, yes. Blood purity. General opinions on blood purity. Personal opinions on blood purity," Kas continued, examining the sleeve of his robes before looking over at the small group with disinterest. "Yes, it's antiquated. Yes, it has been a near-extinct mass opinion. I applaud you. Well done. You could not have picked a more controversial topic to bring up an argument on." For his young age, Kas was not blind. He had seen the prefect's slightly more emotional demeanour and David's active hunting of someone to oppose. "Of course, that wasn't enough was it? It had to go just a little bit further. Herein we enter families and segue straight into its factors in life-changing happenings and finally, the Sorting Hat, of all things."

Mulling over his thoughts at the moment, Kas tried to figure out how he could word them appropriately enough to get the message across.

"An argument is always the best way to start a year, isn't it? Just the thing to kick off a peaceful, simplistic existence anywhere. And so soon, too. I'd have thought one would wait a few more days before engaging one, being in such an unfamiliar environment. In addition, you're going about it the wrong way." Leaning forward, Kas prepared himself for what he was about to do. "Let's return to the subject of this argument. Blood purity and the extreme opinions concerning it. It seems tied with Slytherin. Take a page out of their book next time you begin to argue."

"Pick an opportune time. A proper venue. Pick a battle you're absolutely sure you'll be able to win," he began, eyes turning sharp. The de Assi was not and had never been fond of sharp words, but the situation at hand had gotten a bit too out of control and he considered it necessary. For a school that was so gung-ho about unity, dreadful few measures had been taken to ensure it. The animosity against a single house enforced by almost the majority of the rest of the population was absurd, and what he had seen was only a small percentage of his house, not including the rest of the other houses. Hopefully, this would serve a slice of much-needed humble pie to those that had formed their solid opinions and views against the house. There were things about it he did not condone as well, but he was a big believer in equality and that applied to everyone. Including being given a chance to defend and be defended. "Know who you're going up against and know exactly where your place is. Be subtle. As non-argumentative as possible. Get your information right. Keep your emotions in check and your personal views out of it. Imposing your opinions rarely ever works. Be careful. Think well." Long fingers drew closer to the goblet, righting the metal vessel up on the table with a soft click. "And know when to step down."

"But that's the Slytherin way, isn't it? They're certainly more effective than whatever the hell you were doing a while ago. Take it as a suggestion, since I don't see anyone supposedly wise enough to avoid the argument or discuss it in a more appropriate manner. Arguments are a pretty good way to make enemies and nurture dislike, and going by the topic on about a while ago, with the talk about the more historical families and the Sorting Hat's preferences? They tread a fine line. I doubt they'd appreciate the talk or the Hat its quirks."

There. If they hadn't gotten the message yet, then he hadn't anymore idea on what to do. He'd made it as obvious as possible without dropping anything.

Turning to the girl James, Kas inclined his head deferring the rest of the situation to her. Honestly. The whole thing was bordering on ridiculous. "I apologize for my behaviour. Although," he raised a brow, curious to see her reaction. "I think it could be perceived as necessary."

Gathering his robes, the redhead stood up, nodded to the rest of the group seated there and swiftly made his way down the aisle toward the Hall Entrance, steps graceful, as usual. Turning off the path, he vanished out of the hall with only a swirl of his robes as he made his way to the right. Allowed or not, he didn't know, but he needed a break from there- - - his zen was being messed up by all the negativity that had occurred there.

And it was only the start of the year.

Pinching the bridge of his nose again, Kas let out a deep, exasperated sigh.

Merlin help him.

Piera Touko

Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Violet the Maestro

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 am
      User Image

David Sinclair League
      [Ravenclaw]

Oh, Good God there are two of them... the prefects I mean.

David decided to ignore the prefect James and then there was the blonde prefect who chided the other though her voice sounded off. David decided to ignore it. When Kas went off he had a point and quite frankly David thought he might have been the one to bring it up but he felt there was faults in Slytherin beyond their blood purity ideas which the hat was obviously-or at least with the case of Jer- no longer following.

He listened to Kas go off, honestly he was a bit surprised, but the redhead was right and David said nothing. David let out a long sigh as Kas left and pinched the bridge of his nose: this is why he liked his studies it was easier, simpler. There was a right and wrong answer, rarely a fear of saying too much or two little.

He glanced up realizing his mention of You-Know-Who had confused Piera and she had asked him who he was before Kas had snapped and left. "Battle of Hogwarts... though it goes on longer than that... we'll learn it in History of Magic no doubt."

He considered taking another Excedrin though it was not medically advisable and decided at this point his head hurt and he didn't care. He pulled the bottle out of his robe, pulled out the white pill and tried to discretely pop the pill.

Greycast
      hjcoffman2881
      StudiousDemoness
      Violet the Maestro
      Piera Touko
      Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
      • Deal Me In 50
      • Married 100
      • Person of Interest 200

a porg
      Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm
      Violet the Maestro
      User Image

☾Sweet dreams are made of these!

xxxxxAnd there was Akira. James could tell just by looking at her that she had another one of her episodes.That didn't help things any. It didn't help them at all. The older Machlachlan dug her nails into the table, not caring that she was slowly starting to get splinters under her nails. She was in healing. She could take care of it later. "Naw A am not okay," the girl replied, gritting her teeth.

xxxxxThe whole table was watching them now. What had James come to? It was as though the James that she had been before chose to die when she was under that curse, leaving this James behind. Then again, perhaps she had always been there. This argument had started because of issues of blood purity and house. Perhaps that was the part that made her a Chimera. That was something she needed to hang on to. After the summer she had, she very nearly lost sight of that. "Naw, but A'm quite certain tha he's gonna be nothing but a nyaff the rest o the year. Tha's something A donna want," she replied to the girl with two different colored eyes. That was certainly something new.

xxxxxEventually, another boy, another first year started to speak. He had been pretty quiet up to that point, but James supposed that even the quietest of people would have been disturbed by their row. She listened, distractedly, to what he was saying. If her emotions had not been running so high, James might have been able to pay better attention. Instead, she was focusing on how not to make the wrong sort of re-entrance to Hogwarts. She was certainly heading down that path, and all because of an arrogant little first year. Such arrogance did not belong here. No. Arrogance like that belonged with the Slytherin or the Gryffindor.

xxxxxAlthough James did agree that the houses should be more unified, she felt that they should only be unified by their positive characteristics. If the whole school had the arrogance of the houses founded by the two male founders, then God save Hogwarts. The school would sooner collapse upon itself than save anyone.

xxxxxThe prefect watched as the boy made his way out of the Great Hall. James would have went after him, except she was in no state to bring him back. She was in no state to calm a fellow student. "Ya know, the lad's got a point. Ye can't go around startin' arguments withou knowin what yer up against. It's a fool's mistake, and a fool's death," James said to David, but aiming it at Akira as well. Her sister knew full well why it was a fool's death. Akira's ill-placed argument had caused that woman, that terrible monster of a woman, to attempt to kill her. To say the least, James spoke of experience.

Who has a mind to disagree?

mc2

Piera Touko

Greycast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:33 pm
      User Image

David Sinclair League
      [Ravenclaw]

Does this woman ever know when to shut-up? I mean apparently she is as bad as me.

David took a deep breath, he really didn't feel good. His head was hurting from the conflict and the prefect's words were the last straw. He laid his hands on the table and stood. His brown eyes narrowed at James as he considered his words carefully. "I honestly don't feel well," David said. He did look pale-his head was splitting and he felt like vomiting. It could be a migraine and it was unlikely even the extra Excedrin he took would help that.

He took a deep breath and said, "I mean... I seriously don't feel well and I don't think the Excedrin I just popped is going to help me." He just wanted to leave the crowded room, escape his faux paus, and the conflict that had grown-which he merely meant as an example not a start of a disagreement and especially not an argument- he felt the desire to just run from and shut the door on. James words, not that he particularly cared about hers, made Kas's sting more.

It was funny considering his family, you would think he could deal better with conflict, he could to a point-just ignore it, but when it was his fault when he felt he had to be perfect in everything... He put his hand to his head and closed his eyes and winced in pain, "Like... like I said... I really don't feel well. It feels like a migraine..."

Greycast
      hjcoffman2881
      StudiousDemoness
      Violet the Maestro
      Piera Touko
      Cara MiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
      • Deal Me In 50
      • Married 100
      • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • WilyTrickster 50
      PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm
      User Image
      Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
      CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
      CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
      CURRENTLY WITH // ...spacesp
      CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
      CURRENTLY THINKING // ''Ooooh, Echo's gonna get sorted and I'm going to bug the hell out of him.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
      ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
      It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ
      ═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy chuckled when Alex told her that her ability was creepy. She supposed that, to someone who'd never seen such a thing before, it would be. Definitely a muggleborn, then. He'd not said it outright, but he may as well have. Hogwarts would certainly be a new experience for him, then. She gave him a smile. "No offense taken... actually, you'll find I'm rather hard to offend. Most of the awful things people tend to say about me, I take as a compliment. Creepy being one of them." It was true. After all, what was the point of life if not to have a little fun? And the Ravenclaw had to admit, she took an insane amount of pleasure from creeping people out. She had no idea why; she just always had. She was fairly certain Echo had acquired his love of horror as a method of dealing with her attempting to scare the hell out of him on an almost daily basis.

At the question of where she was from, she flashed the first year a brilliant smile, flipping her hair over her shoulder.
                                                              "I live in a tree house. Literally. It's a very large tree, just inside the forest bordering the Cotswolds. Dad had it built for my mum. She'd told him it'd always been her dream to live in a tree house. So, he gave her one. 'Course, magic's keeping it up just as much as the branches. It's a full-sized house, mind you." Gypsy loved her home. It was one of her favorite things about her family, their home. It was just such a perfect illustration of how strange and quirky they were. And she loved it, wouldn't have them be any other way. And, it had been a grand romantic gesture from her dad, which tickled her pink to think of. She wasn't usually one for romantics, but that single thing just got her.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                              Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                              ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Diamond Wales

XxXDevil-Chan

KlutzyChild

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:20 pm

————————User Image

oooPiera look positively confused as the first older girl said...something to her. She couldn't quite understand her through her accent, but assumed from the tone that it wasn't something to be smiling about.

Then she grew still as Kas began to speak, hoping that he could defuse the situation...however his words seemed to make the table grow cold and even more silent as most of the Ravenclaws around them stared. Fidgeting as her friend monologued. She felt rather as if she was witnessing a scolding. Kas really did seem to be wise beyond his years. She may not understand fully the subtler aspects of his argument, but she did know what he was trying to convey. Letting out a small sigh when he was finished, she hoped that they could continue talking normally...but that was when Kas stood up, walking out of the Great Hall.

Looking after him with a worried, dismayed expression, the pigtailed girl fought to stand, her robes tangling around her feet before she finally managed to extract herself from her seat before turning as David answered her earlier question.
                              "I'm sorry, I'll go talk to him. I'll be back soon!" Then she gave a hurriedly polite nod to David, Echo, James, Akira, and Richard before rushing off after Kas. Slowing down as she exited the Great Hall and stepped into the Antechamber that they had waited in before they were brought in for sorting.

σut σf cαndу:ooNo fighty! D;

ωhεɾε Ravenclaw Table. oooo ωσи∂єяιиg Is Kas okay? oooo ωเtђ Kas, David, Echo, Richard, Jamesina, Akira and Ravenclaws. oooo wєαríng Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.

Greycast

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Violet the Maestro

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
        • Forum Regular 100
        • Dressed Up 200
        • Friendly 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
        • Demonic Associate 100
        • WilyTrickster 50
        PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:46 pm
        User Image
        Echo is...spacespacespacespace
        CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Ravenclaw Tablespace
        CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
        CURRENTLY WITH // David, Kas and Pieraspacesp
        CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
        CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, sure, complain about your sister, they'll love listening to that...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
        When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

Echo frowned a bit at David's words, both on the subject of Slytherin House and the Sorting Hat. Echo hadn't meant that the house was still a house of purebloods; he'd said specifically that it was known for being such, traditionally. Which it had been, and in fact still was, regardless of the Sorting Hat's choice to put muggleborns and halfbloods there. As for the hat, Echo was somewhat surprised to note that he was actually a little offended on the part of the enchanted object. Lazy? It wasn't lazy. It was wise, and thoughtful. If it simply placed people where it was convenient, Echo could think of a fair number of people who would not be where they were... David himself, for instance. He'd already said his mum was a Slytherin, and from Echo's view, the boy seemed like he would do just fine in that house. And yet, despite the fact that it would've 'worked out' as David had put it, the hat had placed him in Ravenclaw. So where did he get this notion?

Echo didn't have a moment to speak, though. Apparently, while Echo had been lightly ruffled by the other boy's words, a few of the older students took honest offense to it. He listened as two of the prefects told David off, curious as to why they were so bothered. What David had said certainly hadn't been nice, but it was his opinion, right? Of course, there was something of an issue with his stating it as though it were fact for Piera, who apparently knew next to nothing about the magical world. But he didn't think if was that big of a deal... They seemed really put out over it, though. He listened, curious. When Kas spoke up, his eyes went wide. The other boy had remained mostly quiet until now. Echo now understood why. He was one of those people who spoke few words, but those that they did carried more weight. Echo had the feeling that when Kas chose to speak up, it meant something. He listened, feeling somewhat guilty. He hadn't meant to, but apparently his statements had prompted an argument, and Kas was very upset by this fact. When the red-haired boy left, and Piera followed behind him, Echo found himself alone with David and the prefects, and felt very, very awkward. He began to wonder if perhaps he'd have been better off staying with his sister... he cared little for conflict, and this section of the table was rife with it.

He started to place a hand on David's shoulder when the boy spoke of a headache, but pulled back, figuring that the boy was probably not used to physical contact or familiarity from others. People from old families seldom were. His hand fell to the table, his expression thoughtful.
                                                                "Erm, if the pill isn't working... perhaps someone should take you to the hospital wing? Or at least somewhere quiet, and dark. Bright lights and loud noises won't help if it's really a migraine." Echo had been just about to offer to lead the boy away when he realized he didn't know where to go. He glanced at the older students, hoping one of them would offer to help. He would be more than happy to escort David... but he hadn't a clue where the Hospital Wing was, and didn't care to get the two of them lost on the first night in the castle. Given that most students went straight from the Great Hall to their Dorms, if the two of them got lost, the chances of being found by anyone were incredibly low. A ghost might find them, but there was no telling if that ghost would be helpful or not. Better to leave it to the older students, then.

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                                Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

Piera Touko

Greycast

mc2

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
        Other Stuff
        Get GCash
        Offers
        Get Items
        More Items
        Where Everyone Hangs Out
        Other Community Areas
        Virtual Spaces
        Fun Stuff
        Gaia's Games
        Mini-Games