Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:22 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Forgive the noob question, but I can't remember or find an answer. Can an Immediate Reaction be triggered by an Opportunity Attack?

With Revenge in a rougher boat than Illy, Ruin would want to give his fellow teifling aid. I was wondering if he moved and was hit by C1 could he use Reflective Hellstrike to push the Crawler away from Illy and finish the action.

Quote:

Reflective Hellstrike
Encounter • Arcane, Fire, Necrotic
Immediate Reaction Melee 1
Requirement: You must be holding your blade of annihilation.
Trigger: An adjacent enemy attacks you.
Target: The triggering enemy
Effect: The target takes 5 + your Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage, and you push it a number of squares up to your Constitution modifier.

Yes, you can try to bait the crawler into attacking by moving in an out of its threatened squares and use your immediate reaction when it makes an opportunity attack.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:42 pm
Psychofish

The Crawler marked by you made an attack not including you as a target so go ahead and use your Warden's Fury power. It is an immediate interrupt so it takes place before Ruin's Hellish Rebuke power which is an immediate reaction.

SCN_ Grey_fox

I calculate Hellish Rebuke only doing 10 damage but you have it written as 19, is that just a typo? Also, your attack kills C2 so you can use your feast of souls power again.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:17 pm
Not clear how our order is determined, but there you go- Ilikan really hits his stride once an enemy is slowed, so this is great offensively- obviously that bite you took is less than ideal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:22 pm
Kowsauni

I calculate Hellish Rebuke only doing 10 damage but you have it written as 19, is that just a typo? Also, your attack kills C2 so you can use your feast of souls power again.

Yes and no, Due to the Infernal pact reward Infernal Hexblades can add their Constitution(plus a level based bonus) to all warlock attack powers.

the relevant part of the Pact Reward.
Quote:
Benefit: You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of your warlock and warlock paragon path attack powers. The bonus equals your Constitution modifier. The bonus increases to 2 + your Constitution modifier at 5th level,

That said, it is supposed to be a 15, not 19. Sorry, for the bad math on my part. But, if you rule being no roll was made it is still a 10. I will not argue, and use that from this point forward.

The damage(mine or his) was actually a second thought for the action. The prime reason was to force a challenge. xd

Psychofish
Not clear how our order is determined, but there you go- Ilikan really hits his stride once an enemy is slowed, so this is great offensively- obviously that bite you took is less than ideal.

The crawler activated my trap card and attacked me.
Now if you kill it, I don't have to worry about the damage. twisted

Immediate Interrupts beat Immediate Reactions.
A side note; You Mark was challenged, allowing you to activate your Warden Fury(Immediate Interrupt) before his O.Attack actually lands. If the Crawler survives my Reflective Hellstrike(Immediate Reaction) takes over.

Clarifying Edit: Reflective Hellstrike is an "An enemy attacks you" trigger, it actually hitting doesn't matter. Still the order doesn't change, just didn't want to cause confusion  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 pm
Oh, THATS what I missed, I was thinking it was an immediate reaction, not interrupt. I am curious, if two reactions or interrupts were triggered at the same time, if those go by order of initiative or what.

Edit: Added bonus, if it is an interrupt, knocking it prone (I think) should put an additional penalty on its attack roll, besides the CA you get from the warden's fury.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:09 pm
Psychofish
Oh, THATS what I missed, I was thinking it was an immediate reaction, not interrupt. I am curious, if two reactions or interrupts were triggered at the same time, if those go by order of initiative or what.

Edit: Added bonus, if it is an interrupt, knocking it prone (I think) should put an additional penalty on its attack roll, besides the CA you get from the warden's fury.

It is rare for it to happen, but if two or more interrupts/reactions/OA happening at once, it is up to the DM. Most I have played with ruled it goes by Initiative order(but in the grand theater of my mind's eye it is always a jumbled mess).  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:14 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Kowsauni

Yes and no, Due to the Infernal pact reward Infernal Hexblades can add their Constitution(plus a level based bonus) to all warlock attack powers.

the relevant part of the Pact Reward.
Quote:
Benefit: You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of your warlock and warlock paragon path attack powers. The bonus equals your Constitution modifier. The bonus increases to 2 + your Constitution modifier at 5th level,

That said, it is supposed to be a 15, not 19. Sorry, for the bad math on my part. But, if you rule being no roll was made it is still a 10. I will not argue, and use that from this point forward.

For the ultimate test I rebuilt Ruin into the character builder and it still calculates the damage as 10. I've had characters with similar abilities in the past and that extra bonus to damage only applies if a damage dice is actually rolled. So for the future I'm going to rule it deals 10 damage

That said, Ilikan's attack kills the Crawler, so it is mute point anyways. Also, since his attack was an interrupt Ruin dosen't take any damage.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:52 pm
This is how it should have happened.

User Image  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:04 pm
Rain Yupa

Kuori offered to heal you for surge value +13hp if you need extra  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:23 pm
PupSage
Rain Yupa

Kuori offered to heal you for surge value +13hp if you need extra

I do. Though I thought it was more of a Pupsage offer and not a Kuori offer, by the way you worded the post, which is why I haven't had a chance to address the offer yet. As soon as I get a chance to start addressing a short rest, I'll see about writing in a request. But then again, for you it's a minor action vs my five-minute rest so you can healing word at your leisure.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:02 pm
https://youtu.be/7GnGwlBRe7w  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:51 pm
Is her brother in leather armor or metal?

I am going to try and craft a phylactery and use the spirit totem ritual if its leather. It just lets her use speak with dead on his soul once a day for an hour ...

sweatdrop <.< >.> She is going to wear it.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:39 pm
PupSage
Is her brother in leather armor or metal?

I am going to try and craft a phylactery and use the spirit totem ritual if its leather. It just lets her use speak with dead on his soul once a day for an hour ...

sweatdrop <.< >.> She is going to wear it.

Gotham isn't wearing any armor as he was being used as a slave for manual labor. He just has plain clothes on, which if you want, you could just wear underneath your armor.

I don't see this ritual you are talking about in the compendium. Are you talking about the ritual Spirit Idol? If that's the case you will need to go buy either a scroll or ritual book containing the ritual. Perhaps such and item could be found back at the fort or you could ask Irene about it.

I should mention, since Kouri would know this, it is at least a couple day trek though the underdark to reach Kour's village and things might of changed in the decade she has been gone. A 30 minute hike back to the fort isn't going to delay things too much.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:44 am
Oh, my dragonmark feat said that I could use restoration rituals, so I thought that I could do that.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:47 am
PupSage
Oh, my dragonmark feat said that I could use restoration rituals, so I thought that I could do that.

Your dragonmark feat lets you cast restoration rituals and remove affliction as if you have the ritual casting feat, which is redundant with your character as the Cleric comes with the ritual casting feat.

Basically, Ritual Caster give you the ability to perform rituals but you still need to have the ritual itself. Think of rituals as recipes. The ritual caster feat allows you to read the recipes, but you still need to possess the recipe to use it. If you have access to the player handbook I would read the chapter on rituals to get a better understanding of how they work.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games