Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:20 am
70/77 hit points, Thrall CC23 marked

FREE ACTION + STANDARD ACTION

"I've said I got-" Revenge would start, but seeing that Valac's target was one of opportunity alone along his path, he'd clear his throat.
"Mm, fair."

Turning back to the one he wounded, his sword would frost over before he thrust it into the thrall's torso, hopefully drawing it back out from a corpse.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 27 vs Bloodied Thrall's AC. If it hits, 12 cold damage and it has -2 to AC for a round if it's still alive.

MOVE ACTION

"Language!" Revenge would call out loudly in response to Ruin's verbal retort to his attack.

Revenge pulls the blade back in a swinging motion, allowing the momentum to carry him a little closer to the one that might be moving to intercept Irene. He made sure to keep one eye on the one he marked, as he had a promise to keep.

Quote:
Revenge shifts 1E to BB23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating of the mindflayer from the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle counts as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 moment to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer, moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindlfayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 Squares, if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindlfyaer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The Golaith's cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed. (you just cant see the roof of the cages in the picture.

Initiative Order
Mind flayer, Cannot walk or Run (save ends)
Valac: HP: 82/82, 4THP
Ruin HP 43/69
Kuori HP: 59/59
Revenge HP:54/77,
Thralls, T8 Marked
Irene

With little effort Valac slices another Thrall in two as he moves towards the Mind Flayer. Ruin distances himself from the thralls next to him punishing those who dared to hit him while taking shot at the Mind flayer with his booming attack. Kuori lashes out with divine wrath at one of the thralls hoping to keep him off Irene. Revenge finishes off the thrall he attacked before shifting to a better position.

The two thralls next to Ruin move up an attack him again but only one of them manages to hit him (T2, 7 damage) A third thrall moves up and attacks ruin as well and stabs him with his dagger (9 damage) The three thralls around Revenge move to attack him with two of them finding their mark (T6, T8, 7 and 9 damage respectively). The thralls on the left move south towards Irene. Two more Thralls appear to the south.

Irene shouts to the party. "Hey! I got the door open and...uh...I don't think any of you should try to enter these pens. If you do, I think you will become part of the ritual!"

The Mindflayer shouts at one of his thralls. "You! Cover me! I am under attack!" And T9 moves as close as he can get to his master."

((Valac up!))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:55 pm
"Revenge, has his. I got mine. That frees you and Valac to sashimi this damned motherless calamari a*****e!" Ruin said, adding the last bit for Revenge. "Go Team!"

(Going to use a power that attacks all creatures, and I don't want to hurt allies.)

Free Action  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:08 pm
Valac grinned at all the faith the rest of the party were putting in him to kill the mindflayer and decided to transform into his fiendish form before running up towards the mindflayer as close he could.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:31 am
"In that case, can you open the one over here?!" Ruin shouted to Irene, pointing to the one he just left. "Vivian, if your near get the one over there." pointing to the cell in the northeast. "I will get for the final one. And we can see what transpires." He ordered but didn't move, yet. He didn't want to give the thralls a chance to catch Valac or stop Kuori.

Curse T1 5 damage (Assuming T1 is the cursed one from last round)
Minor Action: Curse T3
Standard: Clarion Call (Non-lethal)
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action Close blast 3

Target: Each creature in the blast

Attack: 20 vs T1, 21 vs T2, 14(nat 1) vs T3, 20 vs T4 Fortitude

Hit: 3d4 + Constitution modifier thunder damage, and the target is deafened until the end of your next turn. (T1 17 Thunder, T2 14 Thunder, T3 16 Thunder, T4 16 Thunder)
Vestige Pact: You gain 3 temporary hit points for each target you hit. Temporary hit points gained in this way are cumulative  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:35 am
Kuori curses as Valac dashes in. "APPARENTLY I AM JUST TALKING TO MYSELF." Then she comes behind Revenge and slams her morningstar towards T8, purple energy surrounds it and jumps to T7 and T6 before returning to Kuori and shining onto Revenge in a brighter tone.

"I swear you all act like you don't want to be a team sometimes. We're just four people doing our own thing." She tosses a bolt of energy to hopefully finish off that last guy. "You don't want me to help you as the fight starts, but as soon as it gets bad its all 'Kuori, can you heal me? I've got a boo boo on my my elbow and its an ouchie.'" She breaths heavily behind her oldest companion. "At least you have some respect for me."

--------
Big ******** wad of failure
Move to BB22

Standard: Divine Power
15 vs Fort on T6,
13 vs Fort on T7,
16 vs Fort on T8
for 25 Radiant Dmg. (ignore 1 resist)

Revenge gets +2 AC for the encounter. Kuori Gains Regen 5 for the encounter

ACTION POINT!
Lance of Faith
30 vs Reflex on the one I attacked last round for 12 radiant dmg (ignore 1 resist)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:56 pm
54/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, Thrall 10 marked

MOVE ACTION

"Ruin, you idiot!" Revenge hissed. From over the shoulders, he saw some thralls moving to intercept Irene, per the Mindflayer's commands. Ruin ordering her to keep tampering with the cages was just going to attract their attention further.

The bars were vertical, rather than a cross-pattern like a net, so they weren't easily climbable for her to protect herself. The door was just unlocked but not open, so she couldn't maneuver behind it for cover. To Revenge's left, thralls were moving in. To his right, more were showing up.

Damn it.

"Kuori, I'm sorry! Please take care of things here," Revenge would ask, before pushing past the thralls he engaged.

Quote:
Revenge moves past 1NE, 4E, provoking 3 opportunity attacks from the enemies.

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge couldn't use his advancing technique on these enemies and waste the healing element on literally nobody. Instead, he'd have to use a less effective basic charge.

Quote:
Revenge uses a standard charge action (using his dump stat Strength instead of primary Charisma) into square AA33, charge = 25 vs T11's AC. On a hit, 5 cold damage. Basic attack so nothing special.

MINOR ACTION

"Irene, disregard everything Ruin just said. We can worry about the cages after these monsters are all dead. Get out of here, before you get yourself killed! I'll hold these two here!"

Quote:
Divine Challenge against T10.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:57 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, cannot walk or run (save ends)
Valac: HP: 82/82, 4THP
Ruin HP 29/69. Blooded
Kuori HP: 59/59 Regen 5
Revenge HP:39/77, +2 AC, bloodied
Thralls, T10 Marked, T3,cursed, T1,T4, T7 bloodied, T12, bloodied, immobilized (save ends)
Irene

Valac moves menacingly forward towards the Mindflayer as Ruin blasts the thralls with thunderous noise, causing one of them to collapse.

Kuori tries to blast the thralls around Revenge with her divine energy, but they resist the attack. Still, the residual energy buffs the paladin and renews Kuori's vigor. She then lances one of the thralls for good measure.

Revenge dashes away from the thralls surrounding him and they all try to strike him. Two of them succeed (15 damage). Ruin then charges T11 and slashes him with his blade.

The three thralls around Ruin attack him, but only two manage to hit him (6 and 8 damage).

The three thralls that had surrounded Ruin, move over and attack Kuori, though she manages to dodge all of their attacks. Revenge, too, fends off the blows from the thralls around him.

The other thralls move in to protect their master.

In response to his order, Irene turns to Revenge. "No! I want to help! All I have ever done is live for my own mindless self indulgence. But, with you guys, I... I'm finally getting to do something worthwhile with my li--" Irene suddenly cuts off mid-sentence, her eyes widened in shock. Protruding from her chest are several inches of steel. As she was speaking, a thrall had charged up behind her and run her through with his short sword. Then, to the surprise of her assailant, Irene would raise her hand at Revenge as if to stop him. "W-wait, don't try to heal me. I'm ok! Just... please don't hate me... all right?"

Irene pushes off against the thrall and frees herself from the blade penetrating her chest. Turning around to face him, she pulls back her long ornate sleeves to reveal long, wicked-looking claws. With a sharky smile she proclaims, "I wonder what you taste like." She then slashes him with her claws, whereupon the thrall freezes in place, unable to move.

The Mindflayer directs his one of his thralls. "Attack the tall one in armor! Her fate shall be the same as her brethren!" One of the thralls next to Kuori tries to attack her, but she parries his attack.

User Image

((Valac up!))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:18 am
Valac took one heavy step towards the thrall in front of him holding his blade up high and cleaved into them.

"Gyz afz ao ph sih!" Shouted Valac.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:56 am
Ruin ignored what transpired with Irene. He had slightly bigger problems. At this moment he knew he had to create ground between his targets or die... again.

"Not a Hexblade anymore, Viaus... "

Ruin took a step... and quickly tries to move closer to Valac and Kouri.

Once there he would give an about face, level his sight and rod on T1 and let loose a thunderous blast of psychic energy.

{Mount Boon: T1 vulnerable 5 thunder until the end of your next turn.

Minor: Curse T3

Move: Move to Y20 Shadow Walk Active! (if he survives 3 OA's)

Standard: Eyes of Mount Vaelis
At-Will   ✦     Arcane, Implement, Psychic; Varies
Standard Action      Ranged 10

Target: One creature

Attack: 27 vs. T1 Will

Hit: 23 psychic thunder damage.
5 Curse Damage to T3 }  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:02 am
Well, per usual, this was going to s**t.

Kuori saw Ruin getting into a tight spot and shifted back a bit. They needed to group up damn it. She sighs, "I really didn't want to bust this out yet, but you had to go and get your a** kicked Ruin." Kuori brings down her morningstar towards a thrall, then mutters a prayer, "Just keep us alive a little longer." Her own life force poured from herself and into Ruin. "Get back in the fight soldier, its not your time."

She shouts back to the mindflayer, "If the Barbarian doesn't kill you first, I am going to drag you out by your tentacles and smash your head in."

Standard Action: Righteous Brand. 19 vs AC on T6 for 14 Bludgeoning. (ignores 1 resistance) Ruin gets a +4 power bonus to melee attack rolls next turn
Move: Shift to AA21
Minor: Stream of life. Kuori takes ongoing 5 damage (eaten by her regen) and can heal 1 ally for 15 hp plus bonuses each turn.

[Ruin heals 18hp, and can make a saving throw]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:18 am
51/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, Defenses +2 until end of round

((Not bloodied until 38 actually!))

ACTION POINT

"Irene, whatever Aria did to you, we'll try to find a way to fix it!" Revenge would call out. He'd look towards the thralls he rushed, and offer a dissatisfied "Tck."

He pushed them away with his shield to try to catch them off guard, letting out a yell to pump himself up.

Quote:
Action point spent for a second wind. +2 defenses (on top of Kuori's +2 AC) for a round, and Revenge spends a surge and regains 12 hit points, back up to 51. Wasn't bloodied before, definitely not bloodied now.

MOVE+STANDARD ACTION

Remembering the damage that Ying was able to soak, using lay on hands would be wasted after a single blow. Still, Irene shouldn't have been hurt at all. Topping her off would be better suited. He had just the trick to get her some recovery while getting her in protection range.

Rushing away from the Thralls engaged with him, he would charge towards the enemies that engaged Irene, trying to cut down the one yet unhurt.

Quote:
Revenge provokes 2 more Opportunity Attacks. Glorious Charge into square HH32, 20 vs Thrall 13's AC. On a hit, 17 cold damage. Regardless of hit or miss, Irene heals 6 hit points.

A burst of positive energy would emanate from his sword's swing, washing over the immediate area. His back to Irene, he'd repeat what he said before.

"I can't protect my friends while I'm protecting you! Now, get out of here!" he'd tell Irene sternly.

NO ACTION

Quote:
Divine Challenge fizzles. Revenge will be unable to use it on his next turn. ((Read up on charge; it prevents further actions, not further movement, so I shouldn't have been able to use Divine Challenge post-charge. My apologies on that.))

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:08 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, cannot walk or run (save ends)
Valac: HP: 82/82, 4THP+2 regen
Ruin HP 39/69.
Kuori HP: 59/59 Regen 5, ongoing 5
Revenge HP:51/77, +4 AC, +2 other defenses
Thralls, , T3,cursed, T7, T12 bloodied, T10, bloodied, immobilized (save ends)
Irene

Valac strikes down of the one of the thralls guarding the mindflayer in a single blow.

Ruin dashes away from the thralls assailing him and only one manages to stab him as he retreats (8 damage). He turns back and blasts T1, rendering him unconscious.

Kuori finishes off T4 with her own attack before mending her companions wounds with divine energy. (Ignore T4, I forgot to remove him before uploading the map)

After steeling himself, Revenge moves away unharmed from thralls next to him and charges to Irene's side. He successfully strikes the thrall but Irene's wound remains open. In fact, she seems to shudder in pain as the healing effect courses over her. Also, now that Revenge is closer, he sees that, despite the severity of the gash, it doesn't seem to be bleeding at all.

To his earlier comment, Irene would give him a confused look and say, "What?" After he admonished her she would say, "I'm not paying you to protect me. I am paying for adventure. Which has been great! I've gotten more from this trip than I could have ever hoped. But right now, I care about something bigger than that. It's weird for me, I know! But what is going on here is wrong and I can make a difference! Go, and protect your friends! I promise if I get too hurt, I will flee and find some place to hide. Oh, and... please don't heal me again. Save it for the others."

The thralls all attack the party but the only one to take a hit is Ruin (6 damage from T3) The two thralls that Revenge moved away from charge at Irene, but she deftly dodges their attacks. "It looks like I will have to fight my way out now anyways!"

Irene slashes one of the thralls that charged her, casing him to freeze in place.

The mindflayer speaks to Valac in Demonic. <"Hey, I resent that comment,"> and then he commands the thrall next to him to attack. Valac easily dodges his attack.

A new thrall enters the field, this one looks larger and more powerful then the thralls that had appeared so far. He looked like he could be an ogre but it was hard to tell with all his features hidden by his robes.

((Valac up!))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 am
Valac ignored the mindflayer for a moment to slam the thrall in front of him out of the way.

Then taking another heavy step towards the Mindflayer then standing proud and grinning at the Mindflayer, Valac replied in demonic, "Resent it all you like, you'll resent it to the grave."

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:05 am
Having a bit of reprieve, Ruin was now able to convey the battlefield and notice the pickle Revenge and Irene were in.

"Don't hate me," Ruin said quietly to Kouri. "just regroup with Valac or Revenge."

"Squidface! Let's make a deal. If you let those three go." Motioning to Irene Revenge and Kouri. "I will surrender. From my understanding, you need to make a sacrifice and these thralls aren't compliable. The size of the sacrifice isn't important. Just the act, what do you say?."

(Trying to set up a 3 close blast aoe that would turn all affected to stone, or slow on a miss. Friends too...)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games