Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:48 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

"The Kaiu doesn't surprise me. My sister told me that a good three quarters of them spend more time in their libraries than any Asako does. It sounds like the competition was extremely tough. The Matsu came in third in the Kyujutsu contest too. Heh. Maybe if I beat him, I could've won the martial tournament on the first day. "

Upon hearing the news about the Unicorns, Kojiro would stop and ponder for a bit. "I doubt Kuni-san is done with her repairs on the tent. Shinjo-san is kind hearted. I wonder...would Horiuchi-san allow Kuni-san into the Unicorn tent for the night? Either that or what other kindness are they extending?"

Kojiro would sigh as he hurried to finish cleaning the tent. "This has been a very taxing day. Forgive me if my thoughts turn to bed. Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:58 pm
Seichiro lifted his sake cup, nodding at Zanzen-san, kinda showing him the cup before the took a sip of it. "Well, like I said, I'm not good with my arms and legs, though from what you described, it seems I took the right decision in taking part in the lore tournament. I must say, there was a lot of people in the Lore tourney. I came in third place, though. I was so close, too. I could feel it. So, why'd you decide to become a Bushi, Zanzen-san? I often wonder how my life as a Courtier or mayhaps a Shugenja might've been had I gone down those paths."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:54 pm
@Crane Tents

He set his cup down and tilted his head. "I did not really have a choice. I cannot speak with the Kami and my older brother took the route of the Courtier. But either way, I am not very well spoken, so my craft is the blade, like most Kakita. Speaking of our varied routes of lives, was Koan-san part of the Lore Competition?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:47 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Upon Kojiro's question, Maru would shake her head. "Nothing more needn't be discussed....." she said solemnly. "Thank you Kojiro-san; thank you Naizen-san. I believe turning in would be in all of our best interests."

Naizen actually seemed put off by this. "Then I will return presently. There's some loose ends I need to take care of." He would bow to the two of you, before leaving the tent.

--------------------

@ Crab Tent:

"Don't mind if I do!" Jiro would say, stepping forth and entering the tent. He instantly saw Kaori, and bowed his head to her. "Oh, pardon me, Kaori-san. Are you feeling ill?"

She would shake her head slightly, but not taking her eyes off of the man. "I don't think this is a good time, Unicorn..."

Jiro would waggle his finger, and grin. "On the contrary, my timing is impeccable. Ide trade secret. Now, I was promised tea, I believe? I actually haven't had the luxury of tasting Crab Clan tea before, so I'm eager to see what it's like!" And with that, he would plop himself down on the nearest mat, rubbing his hands together.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 pm
Kagae would sit himself infront of Ide with an extra cup of tea in his hand for him. Placing it in front of Ide Kagae begun to speak, "I hope my tea is adequate Ide... I doubt these are actual tea leaves from the Kaiu lands... Still what is this offer you speak of?"  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 10, 9 Total: 26 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:58 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro tried to sense Naizen's mood. Despite being beaten around by the Mantis bushi, the man seemed less frazzled than the other two Scorpions. He bowed in return to Naizen and puzzled him for a moment.

If he could find no answers, he would let the matter lie. "Is there anything I can do for you before I turn in, Maru-san?

OOC
Awareness/Investigation (notice) 4k3
Results: 26
Exploding die drawn from the first unkept one.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:03 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Jiro would take the cup in hand, and drink from it with no hesitation nor fear. Though he would cough a bit afterwards. "Okay, that will put hair on my chest. You guys don't half-a** anything, do you? It's quite a bit stronger than what I'm used to..."

He would laugh modestly, rubbing the back of his head. "I, of course, mean no disrespect. I imagine this tea is a paragon amongst teas when it comes to keeping your Clanmates alert and focused."

{30 + (Free) Raise on Jiro's Etiqutte roll to show how sincere and unoffensive his comments are}

"Down to business, huh? Very well, very well. We both have something the other needs. And consequently, that thing is the very same thing. We both have, and need, Shelter."

"You wouldn't be here if you didn't know about the... accident. Kuni Raicho-sama said I was not allowed to have any assistance repairing the tent," Kaori explained plainly.

"And you'll receive none!" Jiro would explain happily. "As a gift from Shinjo Gemmei, I come bearing a spare tent for you to use. In exchange, I request lodging from the incoming storm. I wish I could request lodging for Kenichi-san as well, but... I suspect he's found a warmer place to sleep tonight."

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

"... Kojiro-san..." would be all that Maru would say in response. Clutching her arms, she would turn her head.

"Goodnight..." she would say meekly, going to her own bedding, not undressing this time.

Kojiro would think about Naizen's reaction. If he was observing the lore competition, and observing what happened outside the lore competition, he probably saw the exchange between Maru, Kyumi, and Kenichi. Likewise, Kojiro has expressed concerns about Jiro and Kan, and he vocalized curiosity of the former. Whatever it is, Naizen seems intent on following up on something...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 pm
"And why is your tent inefficient Jiro-san?" Asked plainly also it seemed a bit fishy that he wanted to be here rather than his tent. Kagae would grab some more tea leaves to chew as he listened to Ide's explanation.

"Or rather... Why us?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:16 pm
@ Crab Tent:

And Jiro would laugh. Probably more than he should have.

"Come now, Kagae-san! You proved your brilliance this night! And you even faced the dreaded psycho-b***h Sayoko in combat! What makes you think a man-hating loon like her would want me in her tent, and what makes you think I'd trust her not to gut me in my sleep? She's an abomination to our Clan, and the sooner she's put down, the easier I'll rest, that's for sure."

After blatantly disrespecting his own Clan Mate, he would very calmly drink from his tea.

"Gemmei-san is a good soul, and she means no harm to anyone. She's far more tolerant than I of Sayoko's dishonorable actions, to ends that I cannot fathom. However, after speaking with her after the Lore competition, she was willing to lend me her own spare tent that she had brought. I was averse to setting it up for myself, in fear of spurning Sayoko and having her wage a tent war against me. I've been residing under the stars the past few nights, but I don't think it will be an option tonight. Hence, why we both have something the other could use."

Curiously, he would pull out a few tea leaves from his cup, and chew on them identically to how Kagae was doing it. He was watching the Crab as he did it, so it was clearly a form of imitation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

"Good Night, Maru-chan. Dream well, for when we awake, we shall move to make those dreams real!"

With that, Kojiro would bundle up in his bed and mentally wish Naizen the best.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Mongooseh rolled 4 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 1, 2 Total: 8 (4-16)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 pm
"It is... Understandable why you would not want to be in the same tent as her... But it seems a bit over zealous to think that she'd wage war on your tent..." Kagae would state this and start chewing in a deliberate pattern to see if he copied him.

"Though I cannot deny that we do need a new tent."

<4k4 Know the school: Unicorn result: 8>  
Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 8, 4 Total: 28 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:51 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Out of all the families in Rokugan's Great Clans, none have more experience dealing with foreign cultures than the Ide. Part of their training is to fit in within the society of such foreigners as seamlessly as possible, one such tactic they use is to imitate the peculiarities they observe.

Though he didn't seem to care for it as much as Kagae did. He didn't do it exactly the same, and seemed to be doing it out of principal now.

"Then you don't know Sayoko like I know her. Of her, rather. So, is it a deal?"

"But, Kuni Raicho-sama said..."

"Yes, yes, I heard the instructions the first time. You can repair your own tent at your leisure. This shouldn't be breaking any of her rules, yes?"

"I... don't think that is in the spirit of her instructions..."

"Then, if nothing else, do it to further relations between our two Clans. A debt is a debt, and I would be incredibly gracious in this regard."

Kaori would look to Kagae, clearly undecided and needing convincing, one way or the other.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 pm
"We do need a tent Kaori-san... Though if you'd like to... Discuss... This matter further in private I am as they say... All ears." Kagae would say to Kaori who once again begun chewing the leaves before saying to Jiro, "By the way would you mind... Not chewing the tea leaves? I know why you do it... And it unsettles me."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:18 pm
@ Crab Tent:

"My apologies! I was simply trying to better understand Crab cuisine," he would explain, swallowing the tea leaves immediately. "More tea?" he would ask, presenting his empty cup.

"....."

"........."

"............."

Kaori would grit her teeth, before finally relenting. "Fine. We will do it your way. If I get in trouble for this, you're going down with me."

"Only with?" Jiro would ask without hesitation.

"... what?"

"It's nothing. I'll face Raicho-sama myself if it comes down to it. And that's a promise you can take to the Otomo." He would smile, his teeth blinging with high Charisma Awareness. Turning to Kagae, he would then ask, "I cannot raise the tent without help, and I fear most of the servants have retired. Would you mind giving me a hand?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games