Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:47 am
Ruin and her were ranged fighter in melee. This was grand.

Might as well free him up.

Kuori shifted to the side and smashed her morningstar into the one between her and Ruin. "Take that other one out and get ready. Something big is coming."

Move: shift to AA20
Standard: Righteous Brand vs T4 28 to hit for 14 dmg, Ruin gets +4 to their next melee attack.
Ongoing: Ruin heals 18hp and can make a saving throw.
Minor: Stone's Endurance DR 5 until next turn  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 am
51/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, T10 has -2 AC for a round

Kuori on p13
She tears a piece of paper out of a journal, writes this down and says, "Sign it. In blood. Pressing your thumb into it will suffice." She takes a lantern from her pack. "And once we have your word, sworn before my God, we will do all we can to protect you from everything short of your own curiousty."

Irene on p13
"Ah... Sure! I can make that promise. But uh, I think blood is a bit too much. I'd be happy to sign your document in ink or pencil, though." Irene would reach her sleeved hand into one of her pockets and pull out a well-worn sketching pencil.

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge would turn and strike at the same thrall Irene wounded, sensing its injuries and wanting to clear an opening.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 33 vs AC. 13 cold damage, and T10 has -2 AC until the end of Revenge's next turn.

"You signed a contract! Kuori promised that we would protect you in exchange, and that was agreed upon in front of Roland! I will not go back on that deal! As soon as this thrall dies, you make a break for it. Don't worry, I can cover your escape. But you will leave, and not worry about these pens until we've killed that mind flayer!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:14 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer,
Valac: HP: 82/82, 4THP+2 regen
Ruin HP 57/69.
Kuori HP: 57/59 Regen 5, ongoing 5, 5DR
Revenge HP:51/77, +2 AC,
Thralls, , T3,cursed, T7,T6, T12 bloodied, T11, bloodied, immobilized (save ends)
Irene

Valac wields his sword like a club and knocks the thrall away as he finally gets beside the mindflayer. It takes all his strength just to stand next to him.

Ruin's attempt at parlay seems to fall on deaf ears as the Mindflayer pays him no attention.

Kuori finishes off one of the thralls as she heals her comrade.

Revenge manages to finish off a thrall as well.

The thralls all lash out at the party but only one manages to hit Kuori (2 damage)

Irene retorts to Revenge, his authoritative tone beginning to chafe her in the wrong way. "I don't recall signing a contract that lets you boss me around. I am not child and I am in better fighting shape then you are at this moment." She would let out a sigh. "Fine, if you insist on trying to protect me then I guess I should move over next to everybody else." Irene slashes the thrall next to her, who strangely freezes in place, before dashing off in Kuori's direction.

The Mindlflayer commands the thrall next to him to attack Valac but he misses.

Three more Thralls appear in on the left of the field as the sounds of battle in the city get ominously closer.

((Valac up, don't forget to roll your save! ))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 pm
Feeling the pressure of magical waves Valac planted his feet firm like a mighty oak and refused to move.

Then channeling the spirit of the oak Valac swung his blade overhead, engulfing his blade in familiar black flames and struck the MindFlayer down.

"TO THE GRAVE!" Valac yelled in demonic as he entered the Oak Hammer Rage.

<31 to hit vs AC MF, 41 Damage and knocked prone. Free action Black Wrath of Hell 8 damage, -2 to hit Valac save ends.>

Then in his rage Valac noticed the thrall he sent sprawling earlier dared to still exist and lashed out at him with his blade.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 am
(I have no idea what to post... sorry.)
Move: Shift one square east

Standard: Eyes of Mount Vaelis
20 vs T5 Will; 17 damage
Cursing Mindflayer  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 am
If they got hung up on the trash they'd miss their chance to kill this Mindflayer. Valace was on it now and needed their support. Kuori ran behind Ruin, held him by the collar, and screamed over his shoulder, "Take out the one controlling them and this ends. NOW." On the last word, the force of her voice blows the nearby thralls away from them.

It was only now the she really gauged what Irene was. A demi? No, not a demi. Something. They needed to end this fight soon.

Minor: Stone's Endurance
Movement: Provoking 3 AOO to move one square north of Ruin to X19
Standard: Moment of Glory, T3, T6, T7, and T8 are pushed toward the bottom of the map 3 squares and knocked prone. Kuori and Ruin gain DR 5 (putting Kuori at 10 until the end of her next turn)
Free Action: Ruin heals another 18hp and is up to full.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:46 am
51/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, T12 has -2 AC for a round, T13 marked

STANDARD ACTION

Irene left, but the thralls were still here. A quick glance shows she wasn't engaged with enemies. If he just left these thralls here, they'd likely chase her down. He had to stay for now.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 30 vs T12's AC. 11 cold damage, and T12 has -2 AC until the end of Revenge's next turn.

MINOR ACTION

"Don't get any bright ideas, or I'll mess with this cage myself," he warned the other thrall he didn't attack, momentarily clanging his shield against the bars in order to ensure its attention.

Quote:
Divine Challenge on Thrall 13, marking it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:42 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, Cursed
Valac: HP: 82/82, 4THP+2 regen
Ruin HP 69/69, 5DR
Kuori HP: 57/59 Regen 5, ongoing 5, 5DR
Revenge HP:51/77, +2 AC,
Thralls, , T3,cursed, T6, T11, bloodied, immobilized (save ends), T13 Marked y Revenge
Irene

As Valac brings down his sword the Mindflayer barks out a command to the thrall adjacent to them ((immediate interrupt)) "Fool, Cover me!" and thrall jumps in the way of the attack. The thrall is instantly killed by Valac's blow, but the Minflayer remains mostly unharmed. (I had him take the 5 damage instead of the thrall)

Ruin flings his eldritch magic at the Mindflayer but it resists his attack!

((Unless the power specifically says otherwise, damage reduction does not stack, you simply take the higher of the two, Kuori also used stone endurance already last round)) Kuori moves away from the thralls surrounding her. They all take a swing at her but she manages to dodge them. She then sends them all tumbling to the ground with her divine might!

Revenge strikes down another thrall while challenging another.

The thralls knocked down by Kuroi stand back up. Two of them move back towards them while two split off to go after Irene. T13 attacks Revenge but he deftly blocks his blow with his shield. The thralls on sides move in towards the center while one breaks off after Irene.

Irene, with a hiss, rakes one of the thralls with her claws and he collapses, never to move again. She then looks around nervously at the rest of the party as she surreptitiously licks her fingers.

The Mindflayer barks an order to its Thralls "Don't let him attack me you idiots!" and T14 moves up adjcent to Valac.

Another large thrall appears at the bottom the the field.

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:23 am
<29 Endurance check.>

Valac would not bend, he would sway in the breeze of this magical torrent.

Valac then skirted around the mindflayer aiming to start hitting him out of the ritual circle but stumbled as he finally swayed slightly in the magical breeze and missed his swing.

S20.>

Valac then positioned himself better to try and push the mindflayer later.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:02 am
Moving closer to his foe Ruin would work his magic...

Move: V17 Shadow Walk

Standard: Eyes of the Mountain.
17 vs T14 will; 17 Psychic thunder
Curse damage 1 Mindflayer  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 pm
Alright, time to draw in some thralls and crank the magic. Just stay on that mindflayer Valac.

She fires of a bolt of energy towards the Mindflayer.
"Didn't you master say to attack me? You all are doing so great at that." She taunts the nearby thralls.

Move: V21
Minor: Sustain DR 5
Standard: Lance of Faith on Mindflayer, 26 to hit vs reflex for 9 radiant (1 piercing) AND VALAC GETS A +2 TO ATTACK ROLLS against the mindflayer ON HIS NEXT TURN
Free action: Heal Valac for 18 (aka for 0) and he can make a saving throw.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:57 pm
51/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, Grants CA until the start of his next turn, -5 to attack rolls until the start of his next turn, T6 marked + has -2 to attack rolls, -2 to AC for a round

MOVE ACTION

"Ugh, really?" Revenge would complain. After looking at Irene, he'd turn back to the Thrall who tried to attack him and said, "Hold that thought."

Then he'd make a break for it.

Quote:
Run action; Revenge grants Combat Advantage and provokes yet another opportunity attack as he hurries towards Irene's side. Revenge takes -5 to attack rolls in addition to granting Combat Advantage to all attackers until the start of his next turn. Revenge moves 7 to CC25

MINOR ACTION

"Hey, fight me instead; I'm a paladin and can heal my allies. Much higher priority target than some daft girl," he'd tell the thrall he just engaged.

Quote:
Divine Challenge against T6

STANDARD ACTION

"I hope I wasn't this bad before my adventuring days. Irene, just because you come from money and influence, doesn't justify you acting selfishly and endangering others," he'd say, slashing his weapon in frustration against the thrall he challenged.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 27 vs T6's AC; 12 cold damage, and T6 has -2 to AC, -2 to attack rolls until the end of Revenge's next turn.

((I'm aware of the need of a Diplomacy check, but I don't have the action point anymore to get where I need to be, enfeeble a thrall, and make a diplomacy check yet. Future round problem.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 pm
"Revenge, shelf it." Ruin would yell back to the paladin. "She has been told, 4 times now, to come is to put HER life in danger. She is hereby her own gods-damned free will! So get your tail up here, and protect Valac. He is scarier and spouting gibberish, and about to be smashed."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, Cursed
Valac: HP: 73/82, +2 regen, +2 Attack
Ruin HP 69/69, 5DR, concealment
Kuori HP: 54/59 Regen 5, ongoing 5, 5DR
Revenge HP:51/77, +2 AC, Granting CA
Thralls, , T3,cursed, T11, bloodied, immobilized, T20, imobilized (save ends),
Irene

Valac side steps around the Mindflayer after catching his blade in the pedestal.

Ruin's shape blurs as he moves forward, and zaps one of the thralls with mental thunder.

Kuori shoots a lance of holy energy at the Mindlflayer, but he (reaction) directs the nearby thrall to take the hit, killing him instantly.

Revenge dodges the thralls attack as he dashes away. and finishes off T6 with his blade.

The large thrall brings his club down on Valac with a glancing blow (9 damage). The smaller thrall moves up to him but cannot do much else.

Ruin and Kuori are both charged by thralls with Kuori getting stabbed (8 damage, 3 after DR)

The thralls next to revenge both lash out to try and hit him but they both miss.

T11 remains immobilized

At Revenge's comment Irene rolls her eyes but doesn't bother responding. She see the large thrall begging to move towards her comrades and shouts. "Dont worry! I'll stop him!" She charges forward, dodging the thrall's attack and slashes and then slashes the large thrall in the leg with her claw. The Large thrall immediately begins to to freeze up. (Immobilized save ends)

The Mindflayer directs the large thrall to attack Valac again. "Kill him, you fool!" The thrall swings at him again, striking him for 11 damage

Three more thralls enter the field of battle.

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Valac seeing the haymaker coming in gave a spiteful retaliatory swing back.

< Immediate Reaction, Curtain of Steel 30 vs T16 AC, 24 Damage and knocked prone.>

Then turning his attention back to the mindflayer Valac attempts to slam him with the flat of his sword to send him flying to the rest of the party.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games