Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:10 pm
Ide Jiro's hopping....and so is Kojiro. ><  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:30 pm
Those points will be great for later. If I win. Which has me debating if I just surrender round one and try to win the next two. Because holy crap, 20 damage on one hit. +15 TN is nasty. I'd have to do more damage than 20 with one hit... Hmmmm.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 pm
It's possible to get 20 off of one die if you're lucky....but you don't need that much luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:14 pm
Sozen got a 9, 7, 4, 2 on his raised full attacking damage roll (modified 4k3). Like Plainsfox says, even 2k1 can turn into much higher damage than that.

Unlikely, but possible.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 am
So after much thinking, I've decided that the wisest route is probably to bide my time and beat him in the upcoming two rounds where I may not need a void point, and luck will likely favor him much less.

But also that I'd just keep wondering "what would have happened if..." and curious why Denbe wasn't still pushing himself that little bit further to see "can I do it?" and to try and bring some positive attention the Hare's way.

So.

This could be a lot of raises.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 am
Totally worth it.

Remember how Kakita Zanzen dropped Denbe in a single blow of his sword? Denbe just duplicated the damage of that blow exactly with his heel. Which makes my urge to eschew the sword in favor of jiujutsu even stronger, if still highly impractical.

Unrelated Trivia: Kojiro was the name of my first ongoing roleplaying character, for an RP I set up in Barton years and years ago, a blind swordsman who wasn't afraid of using dirty tricks and had vowed revenge against a man who'd made some dark pacts (though not his relative, nor the one who cut his eyes). They do not share a clan name, however.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:44 am
In Denbe's defense, that's what Zanzen was built to attempt to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:52 am
Nah, I kind of figured he was. Denbe was sort of my blind attempt at what I likely would have done if I understood the game when I made him anyway; a jack of all trades. It's why I don't really expect him to win any one contest, but hoping he'll place well in each.

...I'd call him even on that so far, with one victory and one total failure.

I'm just really amuse that he rolled the exact same amount of damage.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:44 am
To be strictly honest, I named Kojiro after the sensei in Bamboo Blade....and Sasaki Kojiro to a point.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:41 am
I named my guy kagae because it sounded cool. Plus Alliteration of k.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:44 pm
Haven't read Bamboo Blade. Nor, oddly, did I know about Sasaki Kojiro when I made him, though I do now. I just put some consonent-vowel combinations together until I got that and liked it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:47 pm
Quite alright smile That's how they did the original "How to name your character" thing in 1st Edition....they don't do that any more.

Anyrate, the name helped Kojiro a bit, I think. His father's Jiro and he's the second son.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:47 pm
I chose Seichiro cause it sounded cool.

Funny thing: I chose the disadvantages at random. It was later I realized that Akodo was called One-Eye Akodo. Kinda Ironic.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:38 pm
Laugh. That's a lot of Awesome to live up to, Keith.

As for Kojiro and disadvantages...I picked one and then went from there. The rest dropped into place.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:47 pm
I take it Seichiro cares not to talk to Jiro? Didn't know he had anything against the Unicorns.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games