Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 10, 10, 4, 8 Total: 39 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

...and somehow Kojiro thought that channeling a common ancestor with Doji Kita wasn't helping matters any. For a minute or so, Kojiro deliberated his actions. If Naizen came in, Kojiro would just tell the truth and come what may.

"I was serious when I said you could use me. I'm not a strong samurai, by any measure...but I'll lend you my strength." The gravity of the situation made the samurai pause for a few seconds. "I'll be anything you need. Even if that thing is just someone to hold you..." Kojiro tapered off.

OOC:
Awareness/Deceit (seduction) Roll (6k3)
Raises: 2
Results: 43  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 3 Total: 18 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:18 pm
Yeah. Yeah. I know it's annoying ><
Nother die roll added to handle any possible explosion.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 pm
"No I wouldn't mind helping you put up the tent... We may have to notify Hogai-san of our new sleeping area." Stated Kagae standing and placing some sandals on his feet.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 pm
@ Crab Tent(s):

It wouldn't take very long at all, especially with all three working in unison. The Crab would get taken down, and the considerably larger Unicorn tent would be propped up where it previously stood. It was not as big as the proper Unicorn's tent nor the Crane's tent, but it was comparable to the Dragon's tent and bigger than the rest. A definite upgrade for the Crab!

It was still Unicorn-themed in colors, but apparently Jiro had planned ahead, and had several banners with the Crab Clan mon on them to hang along the rim of the tent's roof.

Towards the end of its setting up, Hida Hogai would approach the group, feeling a bit out of place. "Well, look at that... here, I come to tell you that I've convinced the Hare to share his lodging with us, and I come back to find out you've one-upped me," he confessed to Kagae, chuckling.

"This is only on loan from my clan, so please, no fires, if you could?" Jiro would comment aloud, but aside to Hogai. The older samurai would simply shake his head and smile.

"Hey, don't look at me. That's out of my hands. Hand." Jiro would likewise smile, but wouldn't say anything more about the matter...

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

Kojiro would wait a bit after his comments, waiting for a response. Either he was completely ignored, or he had already lost his Soshi to the realm of dreams. Probably the latter, because he felt fairly confident about his delivery.

====================

As a thunder storm rumbles in, raindrops begin to fall as many samurai began their slumbers. Day 4 begins tomorrow, so you have until I get home from work to resolve any posts!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:26 am
"Um... I think so. I was too busy digging information from my brain to take notice, to be honest, but I think he assisted the Lore competition. Why do you ask?" And with that, he took a sip of his sake.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:11 am
@Crane Tents

"Merely curious as to which one he decided to go to. He tends to find some things useless." Setting his cup down, he poured another and just looked at it for now, thinking on something.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:34 am
"Some things ARE useless. Is there something on your mind, Zanzen-san?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:16 pm
@Crane Tents

"Wondering what events will be held tomorrow. My knowledge of subjects are not as esteemed as some, so I do not know what the next Martial contest will be." He laughed and drank the cup in one go.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 pm
DAY 4

The rain would come down in sheets for most of the nights, with occasional rumbles of thunder here and there (but Osano-Wo was not wrecking the place here, so no need for concern!). As dawn came and passed, the rain began to die down, becoming more of a light drizzle, which was entirely bearable. It hasn't stopped the Training Grounds from becoming a muddy mess, however.

In the 2nd Unicorn Crab tent, the four occupants would all eventually rise on this dreary morning... well, all except the Shugenja, of course, who was sleeping like a rock.

In the Crane tent, Koan was woken at the same time as he does every morning, but seemed annoyed at the state of the weather this morning.

In the Lion tent, Kan would have arrived later that night, but was once more gone without a trace by the time Kyumi or Seichiro woke. Kenichi had not stayed the night, even if he was welcomed to do so; in fact, he seemed to make it a point to vacate before Seichiro showed up.

In the Mantis tent, Susumu was more excited than the previous day. "Well, yesterday kind of sucked, but this? This is the weather us Mantis revel in! Good fortune must await me today; I'm sure of it!"

In the Scorpion tent, Naizen had returned some hours later, though how many was uncertain, by the time Kojiro fell asleep waiting for him. Naizen was already awake and suited up, though Maru was still sleeping, her hair a mess from all her tossing and turning.

In the Minor Clan tent, Denbe would still be oh so very alone, with the Crab apparently abandoning him. Haw haw, stoopid minor clan!

The magistrates would wait for as many samurai as would show up, before announcing the day's events. Kita stood calmly under a parasol, while Raicho took what shelter she could beneath a tree. Benjiro would simply stand in the rain, a paragon of indifference.

"I know how some of you feel, but I assure you I know what I'm talking about when I say, good morning!" Kita would say, smiling brightly. Even these miserable conditions could not dampen her mood.

"Kuni Raicho will be the first to hold the event for today. I expect we will see a lot of bushi pleased to hear, that she will be testing your Athletic ability in the Physical Competition! I believe this will be done through several different competitions, if I recall correctly?" Kita would turn to Raicho for confirmation, who would simply stand there with her arms crossed, nodding.

"I'll be taking the Social Competition this time around. However, mine promises to make sure you don't get all sweaty and worn out. Tea is an important part of Rokugani society, so come join me as we, as a group, will explore who has mastered the ceremonial art of tea!"

Spinning in place, even giving her parasol a little twirl, she would look to the Seppun next. "Benjiro-san will finally have to run a Mental Competition, despite the fact that he's not a night person."

"Kita-san! Focus, please, before you embarrass me!" Benjiro would respond, smirking as he fought back laughter.

"Oh, you're no fun," she joked, sticking her tongue out at him, before continuing. "Benjiro will lead across the battlefield tonight, as we will see what the great minds of this new generation can do as tacticians! In the gaming hall, a Shogi competition will occur after sundown!"

Turning back to the crowd, she would beam with happiness. "You know the drill, people! Come see the magistrate whom you will be competing under!"

--------------------

Please sign up with whichever event you like, and give me a Raw Void Roll, everyone!

GM Note: XP Expenditures are closed as of this post!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:16 pm
Zanzen wouldn't speak to Koan this morning, eating his breakfast in peace before heading out, wearing a wide reed hat to keep the rain off. While he was heading to hear the competitions today and sign up, Zanzen was looking for someone as well. His target this morning was the other participant trained by the Kakita school, Asahina Kenichi.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:17 pm
"It is that time again Benjiro-sama" commented Kagae as he approached Seppun Benjiro, "I... wish to sign up to the Shogi competition and once again I will compete infront of you once more... I seem to do that alot..."

Kagae would bow and return to the new tent since he had no wish to stay in the rain.  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 6, 4 Total: 20 (4-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:24 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro waited for Maru's response as he lay on his cot. However, the next thing the Bayushi knew, the storm had abated and the sun had risen. What a fruitless day that was! Kojiro cursed inwardly. I haven't even gained the rest of a night's sleep!

Kojiro would get up and compose himself. "It seems that Lord Sun favors you today, Naizen-san. He has allowed the cloud kami to cover the land in drab shadows." Kojiro stated in quiet, yet conversational tones. He would lead Naizen outside of the tent and through the drizzle to hear the Magistrate's announcements of events.

"So, what did you learn, Naizen-san?" the bushi quietly uttered as he pondered the event choices.

OOC
Void Roll
Explosions taken from the last two dice rolled.
Results: 10  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:26 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Finding Kenichi isn't that simple, as Zanzen has discovered in the past. A skill roll will be required to track him down. Roll me either Intelligence/Hunting (Tracking), or Perception/Investigation (Notice), TN 20!

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

"... nothing of consequence. The Unicorn appear to have allied themselves with the Crab, which is a concern. Though, I fear not as concerning for some people." He would tighten the strap on his sandal, before continuing. "I have concerns about the Monk. I've only been here for a short time, for he was out and about prior to dawn. Though I think he was on to me, as he just appeared to be wandering about aimlessly. I'm not certain yet if the Lion know what he's up to, or if they're even aware. He's done this for the past three mornings, from what I can tell."

He would pause, eyeing Kojiro up and down. "I would tell you about the upcoming events, but they've already been announced. You slept terribly, by the way. Not as poorly as Maru-san, however. The storm should be long gone by tomorrow, so she should have no trouble by that point."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:56 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Although still groggy, the implications made their way into Kojiro's brain and he let out a curse. "Son of a Mantis pillow and an Ogre!" Kojiro scowled. "We're going to have to pay more attention to the monk then. Busy crabs have nothing on busy scorpions!" Hopefully, Maru would remain asleep during this outburst.

"Right. Here's what we'll do. I assume you're entering Raicho's competition, Naizen-san, so I'll try to extract information from Kan while you're busy. Come midday, we'll switch off and you'll watch Kan while I work on Maru's kitty troubles. If Maru-san chooses to attend the Social competition and Kan does as well, she can try to probe him for his intentions then. If he takes the Intelligence contest, I'll be in a position to cover him there. If not, then you'll have to do the honors. Does that sound reasonable?" Kojiro sighed and hoped his tone was of sufficient level to not awake Maru.

A thought struck the young samurai and he realized how much he was taking for granted. "Forgive me, Naizen-san, for my assumptions. I do not fully know your skills. I'll let you decide what event you wish to attend. We'll work out how we want Kan shadowed after that. I'm comfortable with either the Shogi or the Athletic event."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:22 pm
@ Daidoji Training Grounds:

Benjiro would cross his arms, and huff. "Be that as it may, Kagae-san, I noticed you were absent from the poetry competition yesterday. A little bird tells me that you're cheating on me with another magistrate. I hope these accusations are false, for both of our sakes."

Etiquette (Sincerity) 30, with 1 raise to make it sound more jokingly, less offensive.

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

Kojiro, if you're apologizing for your behavior, throw an Etiquette behind it!

Naizen would huff once, though he seemed to be terribly amused. "You presume much of me, Kojiro-san."

"Nnnnmmmmmggg..." Soshi Maru would groan, pulling a pillow over her head. Naizen would lift a hand to indicate a pause for a good thirty seconds or so, before continuing.

"The physical competitions have not been good to me. I think I will try my hand at Shogi this day. Perhaps competing at night will grace me with Lady Moon's luck, for she is a Shosuro's closest ally."

"Kojiro-san, we can compete in the same event, in case you've been led to believe otherwise. In fact, if two Scorpion can win and place in the same event, that gambit might be a safer one to make. Just throwing that out there."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games