Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:22 pm
PupSage
So even though I cant see him, if I use a power that targets each bloodied ally in the burst could I heal Ruin?

Nope, because you don't have line of affect to him either, it's as if there is a wall between Kuori and Ruin.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:42 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage
So even though I cant see him, if I use a power that targets each bloodied ally in the burst could I heal Ruin?

Nope, because you don't have line of affect to him either, it's as if there is a wall between Kuori and Ruin.

Okay, I was just asking because some powers say "an ally you can see" and this said and ally in the burst / zone.

Well ********. You're dead dude ... gg.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 am
snc

that heal would be a surge too. Its surge +17 and an extra 5. So thats 4 surges after your post.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 pm
Kowsauni
Psychofish

SCN_ Grey_fox

PupSage

Rain Yupa

Fools-The-Reaper

Mongooseh

Ok, so what is eyone character doing now that the battle is over? Kuori stated she is bringing her brothers body back to the carriage. Irene is staying at the Purple Worms Corpse for a bit and does not expect anyone to wait on her. Are you all heading back with Kouri?

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:03 pm
Ruin is going to wait to see what everyone else will do. Even after what happened to him, he wouldn't feel right just leaving Irene alone.

But, if atleast two people are going to stay with her he will follow Kouri for sucky emotional support. Along with searching for that bath and a way to wash his armor.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 am
Valac is as far as I'm aware staying still for the sketch.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:50 pm
Well, Ilikan already helped pay respects for the brother, and he was 'charged' with protecting Irene, so he can stick around and encourage her to add more horns and spikes and metal touches to Valac in her sketch. Which would leave two, so Ruin can go find a way to stop smelling of bug barf.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:45 pm
Sorry guys, I've been super busy. I've been meaning to find a few minutes to jump on and post for a few days now.

Most likely, I'll have a little more time after Thursday.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:17 pm
Been real swamped with IRL, regular responsibilities on top of a series of sudden job interviews popping up and training tomorrow. Hope no one's been held up on me in the thread, you're probably okay to autopilot me through until the next conflict/combat or I get to backread and post up, hopefully before this weekend.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:29 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

In my defense, I absolutely abhor paladins. I had never played one and wanted to try it once. With how guild games go, I expected a few months of playing one, max.

Lucky me, this is my longest running character ever crying  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:10 pm
Personally, I normally play like playing evolving characters who are tactical in combat. Creating catch 22's with marked enemies, forcing the enemy to target who I want, having an answer for most ranges, etc... It is the main reason why Ruin was suicidal against a Purple Worm and the C.crawlers. and why he spends his money on healing items and other oddities. Even now against this demon thingy. I carried that over to Rhaun(A.Fish's game) and it is still the most fun I have had with any 4e character I have ever played. Though, sadly it feels like I am stealing the fun from the other players. cry If I do, sorry guys.

That said, I have to ask... Why didn't you change Revenge's class or your character when the option was given? I mean if it was for some notion of the party needs a tank. You know by now Kow doesn't challenge many marks, and few of the players force that challenge. Besides, I think if P.fish's character wasn't a warden. I think Mongoosh's character could do as a sub-tank(he seems to like taking on the biggest monster in the room, any how).

On that note, you could always ask. Kow can either say, yes, yes but ... , or no.
Possible outcomes for argument:
*Revenge could stay behind with Faeleen to tend to the wounded soldiers. Feeding information back to his wife, or asking her to set up shop there.(Cration of a new character time...Revenge lives happily ever after...)
*Revenge could also change his class from Paladin to *insert new class or hybrid, or build*, after going toe to toe with a demon and coming to the notion that mercy shouldn't be granted for all. You wouldn't have to go as deep as Kouri if you didn't want to, but I could see it as an evolution of his character.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:31 pm
I wouldn't. Revenge is Revenge. He's not just a paladin. But a paladin is a big part of who he is. And that goes for any character I make; I'd never simply rewrite them, because it would be an insult to all the inspiration they would have given me up to that point. A character is never a piece of paper for me, but a living breathing concept.

And also, though I could force justification, simply "abandoning" my character is likewise out of the question. Every character I play is as much a part of me as I am of them. I owe it to them to see their story through, since they were willing to be one with me.

So even when we don't see eye to eye (Me, a tactician: "I know the most optimal party placement based on capability and current fortitude to best manage enemy positioning and roster to guarantee us the most optimal victory." Revenge, a paladin: "Stand back, I'll do this alone." Me: "AAARGH WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!" ), my characters and I are still a team and we don't simply abandon part of the team. smile

My main point is/was, that what I think is best is not necessarily what Revenge would think is best, so don't think the whole "noble sacrifice" thing is purely my doing. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:45 pm
https://youtu.be/KIsv1YOFNys

A noble sacrifice, when duty calls revenge pays the price.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:35 pm
I was also going for an irony of "We shouldn't bring the warlock that might be tempted by the demon; however, we should bring Valac since he wouldn't consider for one moment about making a demon pact and therefore he is more trustworthy in this instance" but I don't think anyone appreciated it sweatdrop

I haven't seen Traitor of Mars yet. Any good, do you know?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:04 am
Rain Yupa
I was also going for an irony of "We shouldn't bring the warlock that might be tempted by the demon; however, we should bring Valac since he wouldn't consider for one moment about making a demon pact and therefore he is more trustworthy in this instance" but I don't think anyone appreciated it sweatdrop

I haven't seen Traitor of Mars yet. Any good, do you know?

Apparently one of the better ones since the first and a more accurate depiction of the MI.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games