Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:13 am
Valac Slashes the large thrall then goes after the Mindflayer. However, as he swings his sword the mindflayer directs T15 stand in front of him to take the blow, causing thrall to be sent flying instead. However, the mindflayer still feels some of the blow back..

(Ruin up!)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:03 am
Ruin would sift only slightly before loosing a blast.

Move R16 shadow Walk

Standard E. Blast Attack: 20 vs. mindflayer Reflex
Hit: 9 damage.

Curse: 4  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:22 pm
Kuori starts to channel the pain of her enemies into strength for her allies like a true death cleric should.

Minor: sustain DR
Standard: Righteous brand. 16 vs AC on T8 for 12 dmg and Valac gets a +4 wildcard bonus to attack rolls until the end of Kuori's next turn
Free action: Heal Valac by 18 and he can make a saving throw.

IF that kill T8, then move to T22, otherwise no movement.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm
51/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, Irene marked

Southern Cross Nemesis
"Revenge, shelf it." Ruin would yell back to the paladin. "She has been told, 4 times now, to come is to put HER life in danger. She is hereby her own gods-damned free will! So get your tail up here, and protect Valac. "

MOVE ACTION

"And that's my cue," Revenge growled in a huff. He would attempt to backpedal in an effort to deflect any incoming blows, then once more move to Irene's side.

Quote:
Revenge moves to BB20, provoking 2 opportunity attacks from T13 and T18.

MINOR ACTION

"You hear them; I'm out of time to play nice. Every moment I spend chasing you, lessens our chances for victory. You. Back off. Now."

Quote:
Divine Challenge on Irene. If she makes an attack that does not include me as a target, she will take -2 to attack rolls and take 8 radiant damage in response.

STANDARD ACTION

"If I have to knock you unconscious and drag you away in order to protect you, I will. I will not let your selfishness jeopardize everyone's lives here. I cannot break a promise to protect you because it's inconvenient, but I will knock you down if it's the only way to keep you from getting yourself killed. Now,"

Quote:
Intimidate of 23 vs Irene's Will

"STAND DOWN!!"

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:52 pm
"Revenge, she's doing more than you are. Trying to stop her is hurting us. She's undead, she already died. Give up." The cleric yells at him. "Do not make me your enemy again, we both know who was on the right side of that argument last time."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:28 pm
"Touch her, hellborn, and I will treat you as a damned thrall" Ruin shouted, "the only a*****e here that is lessening our chance to free the tribe... Is You Paladin! I told you, Mindflayer is the key. And you spend the whole fight harassing our Ally. Ultimately, Helping the Mindflayer or Aria win. Or did you forget, the gates are being stormed?! She has no where to go."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:47 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, Cursed
Valac: HP: 68/82, +2 regen, +4 Attack
Ruin HP 69/69, 5DR, concealment
Kuori HP: 50/59 Regen 5, ongoing 5, 5DR
Revenge HP:40/77, +2 AC,
Thralls, , T3,cursed, T11,T16, bloodied, T20, bloodied, stunned (save ends),
Irene

Ruin's attack on the mindflayer goes wide as well as Kuroi's attack on the Thrall. She does however heal Valac back to full

As Revenge moves away from the thralls he gets caught in the back by one of their swords (6 damage). Upon feeling the divine challenge placed upon her Irene would turn around and give Revenge a shocked and betrayed look. After his screed about threatening to hurt her to the point of losing consciousness he feels nothing but open hostility from her. She does not seem intimidated.

The large thralls swing at both Valac and Irene respectfully but neither of them are able to hit their targets. The thrall next to Ruin stands up and attacks him but but his blade only finds shadow and smoke.

Two thralls move over to Kuori but only one can make an attack. He stabs her for 4 damage.

Revenge is charged by the tow thralls he ran away from and one of them manages to stab him again. (5 Damage)

The rest of the thralls move towards the center of the map, T11 finally makes his save.

Irene winches a bit at Kuori calling her undead but her attention otherwise remains focused on Revenge. Her voice comes out in a hiss. “I don't know where this weird obsession with me is suddenly coming from, but you have lost your mind. There are a thousand lives right now depending on us stopping this Mindflayer, I suggest you focus on that and leave me alone. Consider our contract completed. I never want you to speak to me again.”

With an angry yell of rage Irene turns to the large thrall. She climbs up his flailing form with her claws and bites his throat. She then jumps away, leaving a large gash in his neck. The large thrall freezes completely in place. (stunned, save ends). Irene casts Revenge one more angry glare as she wipes her mouth and dashes away.

The Mindflayer commands the large thrall to take another swing at Valac and this time the ogre finds his mark. Valac gets bashed in the back for 14 damage

Three more thralls appear at the top of the map

((Valac up, don't forget to roll your save! ))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:24 pm
(Mong gave me the right to go first)

"Hey fool, you better say it. 'cause, Black dragon takes King and Court. Checkmate" Ruin would say with a smug grin, before casing a spell to filling the center area with a black sout like smoke.

Standard: Vestage of the Oynx Queen. Close Blast 3
Attack: 22 vs T15 Fort, 19 vsT16 Fort, 31 vs MF Fort
Hit: 15 poison T15, 14 Poison T16, 19 poison MF, And you petrify the target (save ends).

Aftereffect: The target is immobilized (save ends).

Miss: Half damage and you slow the target (save ends).

Curse 3 Damage MF  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 pm
PupSage
"Do not make me your enemy again, we both know who was on the right side of that argument last time."

Southern Cross Nemesis
"Touch her, hellborn, and I will treat you as a damned thrall" Ruin shouted, "the only a*****e here that is lessening our chance to free the tribe... Is You Paladin! I told you, Mindflayer is the key. And you spend the whole fight harassing our Ally. Ultimately, Helping the Mindflayer or Aria win. Or did you forget, the gates are being stormed?! She has no where to go."

"Noted."

Kowsauni
Irene casts Revenge one more angry glare as she wipes her mouth and dashes away.

FREE ACTION + OPPORTUNITY ACTION

The frost falling from his blade, Revenge would turn it 90 degrees and try to whack Irene with the flat of his blade.

Quote:
Opportunity Attack, 27 vs Irene's AC. 11 nonlethal damage to Irene.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:12 am
A lot of hoarse coughing could be heard from inside the black cloud that Ruin had summoned and then it stopped. After it cleared the party was greeted with the sight of a perfect Mindflayer statue and that of the orgre thrall. The smaller thrall had apparently choked to death on the smoke. The pressure on the field immediately subsides. (everyone can move normally). The thralls stand around with dazed and confused looks on their faces. However, Kuori's people still seemed to be locked in their strange translucent state.

Revenge manages to strike Irene on her back as she moves away from him.

(Valac up)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:29 am
Valac who had waited a moment to allow ruin to attack to see if another Thrall got in the way saw a chance while the mindflayer was a statue.

Summoning all his might with a primal scream and swing, Valac clove into the immobile mindflayer.

Valac his blood pumping with the adrenaline of his prey being helpless hacked haplessly away.

Then with another primal scream as his muscles screamed at the extra effort Valac clove once again mightily into the Mind Flayer.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:19 pm
As the control breaks, Kuori shouts at the nearby thralls. "What are you idiots looking at. Run before they enslave you again. RUN! You're free!"

Hoping that worked, she turns her back on a certain paladin and heads to help Valac.

Standard: 18 Diplomacy
Minor: sustain DR
Move: T18
Free: Heal Valac to full  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:14 am
40/77 hit points, AC+2 until end of encounter, Longsword in BB20, Revenge cannot use Divine Challenge next round

"Irene! Stop, ple-

Kowsauni
The thralls stand around with dazed and confused looks on their faces.

Like a lightswitch, Revenge's anger immediately dropped, his posture uprighted, and he looked around.

"... wait, what?"

PupSage
"Take out the one controlling them and this ends. NOW."

PupSage

PupSage

"... they're... people."

FREE ACTION

Quote:
Revenge drops his sword in his space, BB20

"You didn't mean... commanding controlling... they're just... people..." Revenge said to himself, also seemingly in a daze. The color would drain from his face, and he would hold his now-free hand to his mouth, holding back the urge to vomit.

Quote:
Constitution check (self-imposed) 15 vs DC 15 to avoid falling prone and vomiting.

"Oh gods, what did I help do? These were just people..."

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge would immediately drop the Irene issue...

Quote:
Divine Challenge mark will fade off of Irene. Revenge cannot use Divine Challenge on his next turn

... and look around in a panic.

Quote:
Standard action to Heal check look for any fallen thralls that still alive. NATURAL 1 (hahahahahahhahaha) for a 9, so obviously a failure.

"If anyone sees anyone down but hurt, please let me know!"

While Revenge failed to pinpoint fallen thralls that were still alive, a heal check isn't needed to see bloodied opponents. Though an Ogre (I think?), the one before him was here and fighting against him of his own free will. He'd have to try and remedy that, and help prevent ill-will.

"Please, I'm sorry you've found yourself in this state. I'm sorry your hurt. I can help, please don't worry, it'll be okay," he attempted to assure the large creature. "Will you allow me to tend to your wounds?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:45 pm
"Time and a place Revenge." She says as she hears his panic. "There are more of them out there controlling my tribe. The best thing we can do for them now is get them out of here because just as soon as another Mindflayer comes back, they will be slaves again. The fight isn't over, it's barely even started."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:50 pm
"Irene, can you ignore the ignoramus idiot formally known as Revenge and go back to opening that cage?" Ruin would motion to the cage to the southwest.

He made his threat, to which Revenge crossed it and he would feel it... later, "Less You want to join Valac? Both are needed, but I don't think, I have seen Valac happier." Ruin smiled at the spell's power.

The moment called for the two short ones to turn their cheeks and focus on the Mindflayer and Goliaths. "Sadly, the spell is temporary."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games