Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:32 am
First, I would like to say... I was actually confused and thought Revenge was being classist. When he said, "Ruin would know about this. (Sommons pact blade vs a demon infused blade)" Second, have you read the elemental her blades? blaugh and this demon was part of the drow army. Which means it could also act as a guild...

In all seriousness though, My bad, I understood your post as "I hate my Paladin. I want it to die!" But, I guess I don't see it as abandoning a character if he does something equally or more important to the character.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:30 am
I only changed Kuori because ooc I thought we needed a healer and that she was not at all optimized, and ic she was going through turmoil. Having never been that religious and finding that weapon in the vault, she took it as a sign of what had to be done. Maukeen had few paths ahead of her, most end in one of the two of them dead. This gave a third option.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:25 pm
Psychofish

Are you still with us? I's been a while since I've had a post from your character. I'm doing an update this weekend and if you don't post on Ilikan soon he is going to be written out of the story.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:37 pm
Kowsauni
Psychofish

Are you still with us? I's been a while since I've had a post from your character. I'm doing an update this weekend and if you don't post on Ilikan soon he is going to be written out of the story.

He posted on 4/16 (4 days ago) but I'll see if I can get him to come in and respond directly.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
First, I would like to say... I was actually confused and thought Revenge was being classist. When he said, "Ruin would know about this. (Sommons pact blade vs a demon infused blade)"

Quote:
SCN_ Grey_fox
Closing his eyes and holding out his hand. "Vi" the hexblade called his servent(Lesser Planar Ally) to his hand. "I want you to see what is at the bottom of this hole... Deal, I will leave out a thimble of Irene's ale for you. It will be by my bed tonight." And with that Vi was off.

SCN_ Grey_fox
Turning back to the hole he would continue. "I only sent Vi to scout the hole. With any luck it was just a random attack."

Are you saying Ruin isn't the best qualified to deal with magic/sentient weapons? Is Ruin actually Acorn in disguise and just likes throwing things in holes? blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:45 pm
Rain Yupa

Psychofish

Oops, looks like I missed that post. Thanks for pointing it out. Looking at the time stamp he must have posted it while I was writing my own response which explains why I missed it. Anyways, your good, I'll be writing a post either tonight or tomorrow.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:46 pm
PupSage
I only changed Kuori because ooc I thought we needed a healer and that she was not at all optimized, and ic she was going through turmoil. Having never been that religious and finding that weapon in the vault, she took it as a sign of what had to be done. Maukeen had few paths ahead of her, most end in one of the two of them dead. This gave a third option.

Valid justification! Well, mostly valid (Psychofish was making a leader, then you made a leader instead so he changed to defender, so you didn't need to specifically go Cleric to fill a gap in party composition as it was already being filled).

Revenge hasn't figured out that you're NOT a Ranger anymore, so he will continue to ask for archery support.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:56 pm
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox
First, I would like to say... I was actually confused and thought Revenge was being classist. When he said, "Ruin would know about this. (Sommons pact blade vs a demon infused blade)"

Quote:
SCN_ Grey_fox
Closing his eyes and holding out his hand. "Vi" the hexblade called his servent(Lesser Planar Ally) to his hand. "I want you to see what is at the bottom of this hole... Deal, I will leave out a thimble of Irene's ale for you. It will be by my bed tonight." And with that Vi was off.

SCN_ Grey_fox
Turning back to the hole he would continue. "I only sent Vi to scout the hole. With any luck it was just a random attack."

Are you saying Ruin isn't the best qualified to deal with magic/sentient weapons? Is Ruin actually Acorn in disguise and just likes throwing things in holes? blaugh
Maybe, but it is worse... Ruin throws his friends into holes. sweatdrop xp

Vi is a summonable ally, thematically wise a tiny devil.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Just some crossed wires, it happens.

I hadn't been sure what to say other than "Ilikan was sad he missed the chance to place bets" so I hadn't added anything more yet, but I think I found some actual substance to put in this post.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:52 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

Quote:
SCN_ Grey_fox

SCN_ Grey_fox

Maybe, but it is worse... Ruin throws his friends into holes. sweatdrop xp

Vi is a summonable ally, thematically wise a tiny devil.

Ooohhhhhh! With you mentioning yourself as a hexblade, I assumed it was a magic item of some sort. I didn't realize it was a little flying flyer duder. My apologies sweatdrop It makes a lot more sense now. I didn't want to question Ruin's sanity in front of him sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:12 am
No, outside of normally acquired gear. Ruin can only call the Blade of Annihilation, a 1handed sword that vanishes from existence when it leaves his hand. An effect I try to use often, linked with other things( like feinting) and is the reason he normally just tosses the sword away after battle.

I kind of feel your confusion is my fault for not explaining it better. If so, sorry.

That said...Mechanically, Vi is only useful in certain tasks, scout this area and finding the keys mostly. But he is invisible, and will only communicate with Ruin telepathically. So thinking Ruin is insane is perfectly fine xp  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:12 am
Ah, so at least I did recall the blade-summoning-at-will thing correctly. 4laugh As Acorn tried to indicate, magic items need names! So I thought 'Vi' was your sword's name.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Good, it only took them a week to mobilize." Ruin would fire back, Revenge wanted an alternative and another group would know more about the demon spirit and give better options.

One... one participant? Just one?! "Damn you, woman. I hope you die alone and forgotten by everyone." Ruin cursed, reluctantly agreeing to the damned ritual. Though, if he did survive that ritual wouldn't be returned to her.

Walking over to the mage, "Faeleen, a follower of Sehanine if that means anything. But, I asked you here for your knowledge. Mage hand being a wizard's spell, and all, I hoped you could help where my experience fails." (Bluff 17) Vaius placed his arm arround the mage and walked back outside. "What can you tell me of demon entities in spirit form?"

Hmm, I think you are misunderstanding. Ruin would get the impression that the entire group of soldiers that came in with the mage are here to participate in the ritual, the mage is just going to be the main caster. Also, the Mage was talking in general to the group he came in with and not Ruin directly, though you are free to come up and address him.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 pm
Kowsauni
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Good, it only took them a week to mobilize." Ruin would fire back, Revenge wanted an alternative and another group would know more about the demon spirit and give better options.

One... one participant? Just one?! "Damn you, woman. I hope you die alone and forgotten by everyone." Ruin cursed, reluctantly agreeing to the damned ritual. Though, if he did survive that ritual wouldn't be returned to her.

Walking over to the mage, "Faeleen, a follower of Sehanine if that means anything. But, I asked you here for your knowledge. Mage hand being a wizard's spell, and all, I hoped you could help where my experience fails." (Bluff 17) Vaius placed his arm arround the mage and walked back outside. "What can you tell me of demon entities in spirit form?"

Hmm, I think you are misunderstanding. Ruin would get the impression that the entire group of soldiers that came in with the mage are here to participate in the ritual, the mage is just going to be the main caster. Also, the Mage was talking in general to the group he came in with and not Ruin directly, though you are free to come up and address him.
Edited, for some reason I thought only magical people should apply. With Valac and Ilikan skating by on the technically magical nature of 4e's Primal classes. sweatdrop  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:58 pm
Valac doesn't do that finger wiggler magical bullshit. He just mad.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games