Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:30 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, Cursed, bloodied,
Ruin HP 69/69, 5DR,
Valac: HP: 82/82, +2 regen, +4 Attack
Kuori HP: 50/59 Regen 5, ongoing 5, 5DR
Revenge HP:40/77, +2 AC,
Thralls, , T3,cursed, T11,T16, bloodied, T20, bloodied,
Irene

Valac, in screaming demonic fury wails on the statue before him with his Greatsword. Sparks and chunks of rock fly into the air. He breaks off several of the Mindlflayers face tentacles which shatter on the the ground. You feel if he was still made of flesh, The mindlflayer would be blooded!

As Kuori shouts to the thralls several of them still look at her dumbfounded but some seem to get the hint, specifically those that had already been injured or were standing next to the raving demon barbarian.

After resisting the urge to throw up, Revenge is still too upset to really tell which thralls or still alive without a closer examination. His appeals to the ogre next to him go unanswered as the as he is still paralyzed from Irene's attack.

After Kuori's appeal, several of the thralls break rank and begin to flee, some of them are even able to leave the battlefield. Others stand around still in a sense of daze but none of them attack. Still, the she is not left with the impression that these thralls will play nice once they regain their senses. Kuori recognizes that most of them are from races that are traditionally hostile to her kind and the surface world. The Ogre next to Revenge finally shakes off his paralysis, however he looks at the paladin with nothing other than malice in his eyes. He does not seem to want Revenge to touch him.

Irene rubs her back and responds to Ruin. "Keep your crazy paladin away from me! We are not longer on speaking terms. Other than that, I will see what I can do about the cages, I would go help you with your statue, but , uh, I don't want to crack a tooth, or break a nail." Irene then dashes across the field towards one of the cages.

The Mindflayer continues to be a statue.

((Side note, I forgot T16 was petrified, he made his save but is otherwise still standing next to Valac, so ignore his placement on the map.))

((Ruin up!))  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:26 pm
"Understood, and will do." Ruin said, in responce to Irene.

"Okay So, Just in case of wakey...you-umpf..." Ruin spoke as he moved close to The Mindflayers side and pushed. "ill hahve to gah... take it back."

Bloodied boon, Onyx Queen Pact Boon: One creature within 5 squares of you(MF) takes a -2 penalty to Fortitude until the end of your next turn.

Move:R18

Bull Rush 18 vs MF Fort: Push MF to T20 And Ruin takes S19

Minor Action: Warlock Curse MF.

(That moment you realize YOU petrified someone and have no damaging spells to break the DR20... So, you push the prone rock statue. Lol)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 pm
Valac, seeing ruin trying his pathetic best to push the statue remembered the original plan to push the MindFlayer out of this circle.

Stepped up to the MindFlayer statue and tee'd off with his full blade.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:07 pm
Kuori sighs at they move the Midflayer away, turning instead to the Ogre. "Hey buddy, I said run." She yells at it in giant. "But if you want to die I am happy to oblige." She throws a bolt of energy at him and pelts him right in the head. "Go now." She narrows her eyes onto T8, stomping toward him, "You too. You just got a chance at freedom, do you want to throw it away on death?" She says this in common.

Then, looking up to Revenge. "Get over your issues. We have lives to save Paladin. Save two for every one you took and pray that the Gods forgive you."

Standard: Lance of Faith CRIT for 25 damage on T20 Revenge gets a +2 to hit the Ogre
Minor: sustain DR
Move to W21
Free: Heal Revenge for 18hp and grant save  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:56 pm
As Ruin and Valac play hockey with the Mindflayer, Kuori blasts the Ogre next to Revenge in the head, knocking him unconscious.

(Revenge Up)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:35 pm
33/77 hit points, Bloodied, AC+2 until end of encounter, Revenge cannot use Divine Challenge this round, Revenge has +2 to hit Revenge

IMMEDIATE INTERRUPT

As soon as the Ogre regained its mobility, it turned to Revenge with a look of malicious intent. But, Revenge did not blame it. It was brought here against its will. Had its mind enthralled. Got wounded. Saw the closest being to it, with a bloody sword at its feet. What was it supposed to think?

Kuori yelled something Revenge didn't understand at the Ogre, and leveled her holy symbol at it. For what? Existing? Being in the wrong place at the wrong time? It couldn't even move until a moment ago. It wasn't fair.

"No!"

Quote:
Martyr's Blessing. Revenge is hit by the attack instead of the Ogre, takes 25 damage, gains +2 to hit himself (??), then heals 18 of the damage back.

Revenge had withdrawn his hand that was gesturing care at the Ogre as it reeled back, but seeing the attack, he instead pushed forward, leaping in front of the Ogre as Kuori's attack blasted him for severe pain. He would land crouched, panting.

MINOR ACTION

"So... let me get this straight..." Revenge would say, panting, blood from his new injury dripping down his face. "You expect me to bark when you say bark... but when I want to protect people... it's 'obey or I kill you', right?"

Quote:
Revenge picks up his weapon.

PupSage
"Take out the one controlling them and this ends. NOW."

"You knew. You could have said something, anything to me to let me know attacking that thing was the best way to stop Irene from getting attacked... but you let me go on with false information that these people were all evil... made me hurt Irene to try and dissuade her from throwing herself on an enemy's sword... made me hurt people who are here of no will of their own..."

As he stood, he would look up, eyes narrowed.

"You don't want me to help your people, do you? Nothing you've done to me has convinced me that you actually care about them at all. Otherwise, you would have shared information with me so I would help them. All you care about is... is the heroics. Your own ego."

He would snarl... then exhale sharply.

"I will still help them anyways, because it's the right thing to do. But after its done... I think you and I will have something to settle. But get this straight, Kuori: Attack anyone here besides that Mind Flayer, and I will take it that you relinquish any desire for help. Do you hear me?"

Everyone here is under my protection, as long as they commit no evil!"

STANDARD ACTION

Quote:
Diplomacy of 26 to convince the unthralled thralls within earshot that I am their ally. Even animals can sense when people are trying to help.

((Skipping on last action because I was particularly verbose there.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:40 pm
Weeks had passed since Novi led the valiant defense of Lightlost against the invaders. Unfortunately, nothing could have prepared them for what came. It was an army that the Underdark had not seen in 1000 years--drow, drauger, mindlflayers, beholders--all united under the banner of an enormous terrible archdemon. The best that could hoped for was to stall them long enough for the city to be evacuated. To that end, Novi and her men performed admirably; they fought with a fervor that would give even a demon pause. Yet, in the end, they were overrun.

This was supposed to be Novi's moment, her death in glorious battle fighting for the lives of her people, but it was not to be. The invaders took her alive, along with several of her warrior brethren. They seemed to go to great lengths to keep as many of her tribemates alive as possible, but for what purpose she did not know. They were marched through the Underdark for days until they came upon an illithid citadel. From there, they were stuffed into cages by the hundreds, if not thousands. Strange cages aligned into some monstrous arcane circle...

That was... weeks ago? Since then they had been kept in some strange magical stupor, so it was hard to tell how much time had gone by. Novi wasn't even quite sure what to think when a small cloaked figure appeared out of nowhere in front of her cage. She had two horns on top of her head and strangely pale skin covered in purple tattoos. Novi had never seen a creature like her before, but one thing she did recognize was the clink of the lock being sprung. The strange girl opened the door and ushered everyone out. Once outside, Novi's mind began to clear. The girl would quickly explain. “Shh, we have to move quickly before the next guards patrol past. I don't have time to explain, but we are here to rescue you. I found a safe place to hide by the wall until my comrades arrive."

The strange girl guided Novi and the rest of the escaped goliaths to a hollow in a nearby wall. “Please, wait here until I gather more.” The girl then vanished from sight. However, soon after she left, a wave of force washed over the entire area. Novi saw glowing red light rise in the center of the numerous cages, as well as from the cages themselves. Sensing something was amiss, Novi left the safety of the hiding place to investigate. Once back in the the open, she was horrified by what she saw.

All her people locked in the cages were in a strange trance, their eyes glowing and their skin translucent, as if they weren't all there. After wandering amongst the cages for a moment, she saw the strange girl from before frozen in place, halfway into entering a cage. Her eyes and skin were like the rest of her trapped tribesmen. Novi knew she had to do something. Whatever was causing this layat the center of the cages and the arcane circle. She began to run in that direction. Luckily, she stumbled upon some crates containing arms and armor seized from her warriors. Now, properly equipped, Novi soldiered on to the center to put an end to this, and hopefully save her people!

((Battle post to come soon))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:48 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The squares in the innermost small circle cost 4 movement to move through (as long as you are trying to move towards the Mindflayer; moving away from him costs normal movement.) Anyone who begins to their turn next to the Mindflayer must make a DC15 endurance check or be pushed back 1 square. If you fail the save by 5 or more, you are pushed back 2 squares; if you fail by 10, you are pushed back 3 and knocked prone. The Mindflayer stands upon a 5 foot tall stone pedestal. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, Cursed, bloodied,
Ruin HP 54/69, 5DR,, Dazed, save ends
Valac: HP: 62/82, +2 regen, dazed, saved ends
Novi HP:78/78
Thralls, T16, bloodied,
Irene

A few more of the thralls run away as the others mill about. Irene gets to the cage in the north west corner and unlocks it with a magical spell.

Cracks begin to form on the petrified mindlflayer until his stony exterior fades away, replaced with his normal, but bruised flesh. The Bloodied mindflayer climbs to his feet, and, with a wheeze, shouts "I guess I will have to take care of you myself!" His remaining tentacles reach out towards Ruin and Valac as the feel an intense pain in their heads. it was as if their brains were being ripped apart. (20 damage to Valac, Ruin's is reduced to 15, and both are dazed, save ends)

An enormous shadow looms out of the darkness as a giant thrall takes the field! The rest of the thralls seem to come back under the mindflayers control as well.

The party then sees another person approach the field, but this person was a goliath fully dressed in armor and armed with a great spear and chain. She did not seem to be under the Mindflayers control. In fact Kuroi recognizes her as wearing the regalia of lightlost's standing defense force. (Novi can now act on her turn.)

((Ruin up! I forgot to add Novi to the map, but she is at DD27))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm
"Crap... was that your best?" Ruin spoke wincing from the pain. "The nuns who ran the orphanage were worse, with a slipper." Trying to reflect the magic back at the Mindflayer.

Action: Fortune Binding 22 VS -2 Fort (Onyx Queen Boon; last round), 22 Psychic Damage! You end one effect(Daze) on you that a save can end, and the target gains that effect(Daze) until the end of your next turn.

Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 10

Target: One creature

Attack: Constitution vs. Fortitude

Hit: 2d8 + Constitution modifier psychic damage. You end one effect on you that a save can end, and the target gains that effect until the end of your next turn.
Vestige Pact: The attack deals extra damage equal to your Intelligence modifier.
(Curse damage added)

If successful

Move: Shadow walk to X21

"Friend of yours?" Ruin asked Kouri motioning to the new spearwielder.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:17 am
Everything was a blur Valac could see indistinct shapes and voices spoke as if underwater as his wounds healed themselves slightly.

Though being a Tiefling especially a transformed one he could practically smell the Mindflayer as he drunkenly followed after the mindflayer.

Then the drunken fogginess left his mind to be replaced with his rage.

<11 Save made.>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:52 am
Kuori looked over her shoulder. It'd been a few years, but yes ... yes she did. Thank the Gods for her helm, otherwise Ruin would see her blushing. "Yeah. Childhood friend. Really hoping she isn't thralled."

Kuori throws a lance of energy at the Mindflayer and then moves in to flank with Valac.

Standard: 22 vs Reflex for 16 radiant damage [Ignore 1 dr]
Minor: Sustain DR
Move: Shift to V20  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:07 am
The two tieflings and the big one in the armor seemed to be doing some damage. As much as Novi wanted to help get people out of the cages, she needed to take out the one doing the ritual. She yelled across the battlefield, "There is a spell on the cages, pull them out and it will break!"

For a moment it seems like she is charging at Ruin, but she stops short, and thrust the giant spear out as she turns, slamming it into T8, carrying through to T18. Novi jabs the spear between them like a lever, pushing T18 away and pulling T8 around them knocking both of them prone.

---
Move to AA22
CLEAVE!!!! On T8 for 26 vs AC for 13 damage to T8 and 4 damage to T18, T8 is Marked and pushed 3 and knocked prone.

At-Will ✦ Martial, Weapon - Standard Action - Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength[+14] vs. AC
Hit: 1[W]+Strength modifier damage [1d10+8], and an enemy adjacent to you other than the target takes damage equal to your Strength modifier.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier [2d10+8] at 21st level

Longhand Student: If hit push the target 1 square
Rushing Cleats: Increase push by 1
Controlling weapon: Increase push by 1
Polearm Momentum: Knock target prone  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 am
"Their charging!" Ruin pointed his rod at Novi when she charged. More out of a reaction than anything. Thanful she stopped.

"If your not thralled... Don't do that! But, Yeah, we know. Problem if you reach in, you become part of the ritual. We have to kill the summoner to stop it first."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 pm
The Table is Set.
User Image
The white circles are the goliaths in the cage. There is immense power radiating off the Mindflayer due to the ritual. This force is so powerful it makes it hard to move towards him. The squares between the innermost large circle and the small circle count as difficult terrain. The goliaths' cages are ten feet tall and fully enclosed (you just can't see the roof of the cages in the picture).

Initiative Order
Mindflayer, Cursed, Bloodied,
Ruin HP 54/69, 5DR,, Dazed, save ends
Valac: HP: 44/82, +2 regen, Grabbed
Novi HP:68/78
Thralls, T8, T16, bloodied,
Irene

Through magic Ruin manages to turn the mindflayer's attack back on him, causing him to become fuzzled.

Valac drunkedly lurches closer to the mindflayer with murderous intent.

Kuori also sears the mindlflayer as the new goliath on the field nocks down some thralls.

T8 stands back up and charges Novi, hitting her for 10 damage, T8 also tries to hit her but misses.

Kuori gets charge by a thrall but it misses it's attack

Three thralls charge Valac but only one manges to hit him (9 damage). The thrall giant comes lumbering across the field and swings his massive club into Valac for another 18 damage.

Having finished unlocking the cage, Irene runs across towards another.

The mindfllayers broken and bleeding tentacles reach towards Valac and begin to wrap around his head, constricting him. (11 damage, grabbed, 18DC, Athletics or Acrobatics check to escape) The mindlflay shakes off his daze. "It's been a while since I tasted the brain of a tiefling, what little there must be up there."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:52 pm
Ruin let loose an eldritch blast at the Mindflayer. Before running between the legs of T28.

Standard Eldritch Blast 22 vs MF Reflex 19 damage
Curse 5 points

Move R27 Shadowwalk  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games