Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonfire: Dragonriders of Pern Rp

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Ierne Weyr
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:49 am
Invite her, R'lan. Your table has plenty of room. Ellorth urged R'lan.

R'lan sighed inwardly and reluctantly waved Verenna over. There were several seats around the table that had yet to be filled and perhaps she wouldn't notice his gesture. His brown firelizard nuzzled his cheek absently.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:15 pm
Wreth warbled happily. I am glad you're enjoying yourself sister. How is Yours doing then? Is she well? The gold then returned to her conversation with Ellorth. I do hope you're right, the lack of makes the weyrleaders worry. I understand why but I don't worry.

-----

M'gor noticed the girl and waved a friendly greeting to her. "You can sit here if you want Lady Verenna. I'm fixing to have to go speak with another rider and I'm sure R'lan would like company." That and he could sense that the other bronzerider was uncomfortable with the idea and hoped he would socialize.

Cadeth warbled at him in amusement. You are being mean, Mine.

M'gor chuckled inwardly as he rose. 'I am not, I'm helping.' He inclined his head and quietly excused himself from the table and went back over to his weyrmate to greet the other new bronzer. "Well met sir. Sorry to make you wait. As you may know, I'm the Weyrleader here. My name is M'gor, rider of bronze Cadeth. Welcome to Ierne Weyr."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:12 pm
R'lan sighed inwardly. Everyone's fixing to make me more sociable.

Good. I'm glad others are helping. Ellorth commented, pleasure coloring his thoughts.

R'lan grinned slightly and fed another bit of his meat to his brown Rune before spearing a tuber and munching on his neglected lunch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:39 pm
F'lin smiled at Kes's statement that dragons were always right. Garinth said the same thing. Then he frowned.

"There are new bronzes?" he asked, not really expecting Kes to clarify. He was just surprised that Garinth hadn't warned him. Normally, the brown was very good about keeping his rider informed about transfers.

You would have figured it out sooner or later, F'lin. The brown's voice was chiding. They are R'lan on Ellorth and D'ran on Voliath. My hide itches. He added the last almost as an afterthought, but inwardly, he was pleased that he had inserted the statement so deftly.

I'll go get some oil from our weyr, then. I'm sorry, Garinth. I hadn't thought I'd been neglecting you.

You never neglect me. The storerooms are closer. And we are nearly out of the oil in our weyr.

"Garinth says he has an itch," F'lin said apologetically to Kes, suppressing a slight frown; he had been sure that he had oiled Garinth only yesterday, and they had more than enough oil. "I'm going to get some oil from the storeroom. I'll be right back."

He spared a glance for Garinth before he took off for the storeroom at a slow jog. Garinth watched him go with mixed feelings: he felt bad for deceiving his friend, but he also wanted F'lin's feelings out in the open. He turned back to Wreth.

Yes, it needs to be settled.

-------------------------

Tyreena watched F'lin go in silence. She suspected that this was part of the three dragons' plans. She wondered how Kes and F'lin would react, and barely suppressed a smile.

Things are going smoothly, Reena. It will be fun to watch, though. Purith stretched her wings happily, eagerly anticipating the commencement of the Plan.

-------------------------

Lina smiled at the bronze rider, and was about to respond when M'gor took over. She felt a little guilty that she hadn't been able to respond to the man.

"M'gor this is D'ran," she said, determined to make up for her silence earlier. "He's a bronze rider from Southern. We've a candidate from there, D'ran. Shanira's her name, I believe. Do you know her?"

While she had introduced D'ran for him, she knew that she needed to have a conversation with someone, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Silverspun_lining

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:18 pm
D'ran smiled at the Weyrleader and was fumbling for a proper response when he was saved by the Weyrwoman. He was about to politely inform the Weyrleader of his delight in being allowed to join Ieirne Weyr's riders when he took in Lina's words.

"Shani's here?" he asked, surprised into using his friend's nickname. "As a candidate? Well, that's really something. I never thought she'd be persuaded to stand at a Hatching again, not after Southern. Yes, I know Shani very well. She stood at one of Southern's Hatching several Turns ago, but she didn't Impress. She refused to stand for any other Hatchings."

D'ran shook his head. That girl always astounded him.

Why are you surprised? We were told that she'd been recommended as a candidate for Ieirne.

So we were, Voliath. But who could have guessed that she'd take the offer, after all these Turns?

D'ran turned back to the Weyrleader, feeling a bit more relaxed now that a moment of awkwardness (for him, at least) had passed.

"I thank you for your welcome, Weyrleader," he said; he would have bowed if he were not already seated. "I must say that coming here has fulfilled a long-standing dream of mine. Southern Weyr was all well and good, but Ieirne needs some history in her."

And we, of course, will make that history. The bronze's voice was wry.

--------------------

Shanira walked into the Dining Hall and looked around. She didn't know why, since of course she wouldn't know anyone there. To her surprise, she did see a familiar face. She glanced at the man several times, trying to put a name to the face.

D'ran! She suddenly knew that the man was D'ran, rider of bronze Voliath. She hadn't seen him in Turns, but she still felt a little flip-flop in her stomach when she saw his smile, though it was directed at one of the Weyrleaders. His shoulder knots indicated that he had been allowed to keep his wingsecond position. A sudden thought intersected itself in her head: Voliath would be wanted a swim in the ocean just now. It was his favorite past time. D'ran must have had to be stern to keep his dragon dry. The thought was so absurd, since she hadn't had any contact with either bronze or rider, that Shanira had to lean against the wall as her shoulders shook with muffled laughter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm
Minoa wandered into the dining hall. Hiking the strap of her bag farther up on her shoulder, she grabbed some meatrolls and began to munch on them. Her little brown firelizard appeared next to her and landed on her shoulder. Minoa gave him a bit of meat and he scarfed it down. He nuzzled against her cheek as she scanned the dining hall absently.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:35 am
Thilwen Nimlondiel
Invite her, R'lan. Your table has plenty of room. Ellorth urged R'lan.

R'lan sighed inwardly and reluctantly waved Verenna over. There were several seats around the table that had yet to be filled and perhaps she wouldn't notice his gesture. His brown firelizard nuzzled his cheek absently.

Verenna noticed then that a rider, R'lan, was waving at her. She brightened, but recoiled inside. A dragonrider. They still freaked her out sometimes. He didn't look thrilled at her coming over either, perhaps she should just ignore...no. She was hungry. And Myvonne was too. Her firelizard always liked to chatter with other firelizards, and R'lan had one, she noticed. Taking a seat, she smiled.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:03 am
R'lan smiled back at Verenna. Rune greeted Verenna and Myvonne with a chirrup and continued to eye R'lan's lunch. When R'lan didn't offer him anything, the little firelizard darted in to snatch something. R'lan caught him just in time. "You had your lunch now let me have mine." Rune trilled in disappointment and perched himself on R'lan's head.
R'lan sighed overdramatically and glanced over at Verenna. "Rune likes to play around in front of others and generally cause a little trouble."

-----

Minoa finished her second meatroll and realized she hadn't gotten anything to drink. She turned and headed off to get a nice cup of klah.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:28 pm
Myvonne chirped back and wrapped her tail around Verenna's shoulder, giving a curious glance to R'lan before settling down.

"Oh, I know all about that. Myvonne you've met," Verenna said, indicating the green, "But there's Matt as well, my brown. Matt's the troublemaker, but Myvonne's the fighter." With a slight chuckle, she helped herself to some food, careful to break off smaller bits for Myvonne.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:49 pm
R'lan finished his wherry and continued on to the remainder of his tubers, little knowing what he might talk about. He was far too used to being unnoticed by most people in Fort Weyr.

-----

Minoa finished her meatrolls and grabbed a cup of klah before deciding she ought to seek out the weyrleaders. She noted them talking with another and began strolling over, stopping occasionally to sip her klah. She hated to interrupt but she did need to settle in and she didn't know where she ought to go. Flicker curled his tail gently around her neck.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 am
"How long have you been a dragonrider?" Verenna eventually asked. It was more than a polite question- she truley was curious. He seemed nice enough, after all. Not likely to bite her head off if she asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm
"About nine turns. It doesn't seem nearly so long," R'lan smile slightly. "What about yourself?"  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 pm
((I honestly don't know! lol. ))

"Um, about 5 years, I guess it's been. But I'm still training." The 20 year old tilted her head downward, suddenly ashamed. Her brown ear-length hair fell into her eyes, so she didn't have to look into his deep blue eyes while she continued in a near whisper. "I've never even flown Thread."

Myvonne sensed the change in Verenna's mood, and chirped indignatly at R'lan.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:35 pm
"Nor have I," R'lan replied, his deep blue eyes sincere. "You have nothing to be ashamed of. Had I ever flown against Thread myself I would not judge you the less for not having flown against it. As it stands, we are equals."
Rune trilled reassuringly at Verenna and hopped down from his perch onto the table.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am
Verenna looked up in shock, blue eyes widened. "I don't mean to sound rude, but how old are you? I thought you looked old enough to have flown." A shy grin crept up her face.

A brown firelizard suddenly swooped in from Between. He landed on Verenna's other shoulder, chirping his hellos to Verenna, Myvonne, and Rune.  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff