Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
"Pern" / Dragon Riders of Pern RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonriders must fly when Thread is in the sky... (a Pern RP?)
  Clear skies and fair weather (yes)
  Wherry Teeth! (no)
  I'm here for the Gather (poll whore answer)
View Results

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:06 am
Ifailedmywillsave
Why don't we have a junior queen already in the Weyr, but not old enough to fly mating flights yet? She will assume the leadership of the Weyr because she's the most senior queen, but she wouldn't be the one protecting the eggs on the sands because they're not hers. Then we can have one of you have the preexisting queen and one have the egg that's hardening on the sands.

And I wouldn't mind getting that information, Flaco. :3

Luna says :

that might work ^^
nya! i just dont want to loose the great secnario ive got going...>.>

randoness-my chari was attacked by a whatch weyr as a child causing a small fear of dragons and while helping out in her hold in ruthat she is searched much to her dismay, but she goes to bring honor to her family
after she impresses she discovers that because of her fear other dragons cant bespeak her but she senses the emotions of humans in an uncanny way

... like it?
>.<

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!
Gaians against Vitalisim!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:30 am
I think I'd like to curtail the Speaking-to-all-dragons characters anyway, so that should be fine. Though I'm a little confused as to why she would have such a strong empathic link with people, and would she still be able to speak to her queen? The queen's going to get very distressed if she can't talk to her or give her coordinates.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Just put up the list of weyrs and holds, including some minor ones. If you have made up a hold or pulled one out of an obscure corner of the books, or if I've made a mistake, let me know and I'll fix it. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 am
Ifailedmywillsave
I think I'd like to curtail the Speaking-to-all-dragons characters anyway, so that should be fine. Though I'm a little confused as to why she would have such a strong empathic link with people, and would she still be able to speak to her queen? The queen's going to get very distressed if she can't talk to her or give her coordinates.

Luna says :

well i figured she could speak to her own queen telepathic link and all....

and as to the feeling others
i just though it might be a good something to throw in.... like riders can normally talk to other dragons and such but because of the block the telepathy that normally would have been with dragons got redirected to their riders in my cari's case ....
i can change it though if its too far fetched ^^
i did think it up at work after 6 hours and not much sleep >.>;;;

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

Seraphim Sins

Maze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:28 pm
My guy probably worked with hides before he got transferred to training duty. I saw that was a profession, anyway. 3nodding

Hey Ifa, what age-range should I be aiming for? o:  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:48 pm
We'll have to discuss it with Flaco, Lunaria.

Maze-san, what kind of character? A Candidate, a full rider, a craftsman who works in the weyr or hold?  

Ifailedmywillsave

Maze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:52 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
We'll have to discuss it with Flaco, Lunaria.

Maze-san, what kind of character? A Candidate, a full rider, a craftsman who works in the weyr or hold?

That depends on when we're playing XD;

Your rider's friend. I don't mind if he's not aware that you're a girl because he only became your friend after the hatching. If he acts like you're a guy, that'll only make everyone else believe it more, after all. XD

He was in training with a craftsman before he got.. what's the word..

Found, I guess? XD;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:57 pm
Searched. 3nodding OK, then he'd be a full rider and she's about... 30 now, but he can be anywhere from 15 to 70. surprised  

Ifailedmywillsave

Maze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:01 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
Searched. 3nodding OK, then he'd be a full rider and she's about... 30 now, but he can be anywhere from 15 to 70. surprised

She's a full rider and thirty? o:

Hmm, since I suspect we'll have a bunch of young people here, I guess I can make mine at least 'not a teenager'. 8D Older people are more fun, anyway. cool They can stay out late without their mom nagging them.

Hmm, give me a few posts to decide!

How often does a hatching take place, anyway?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:22 pm
Maze
Ifailedmywillsave

She's a full rider and thirty? o:

Hmm, since I suspect we'll have a bunch of young people here, I guess I can make mine at least 'not a teenager'. 8D Older people are more fun, anyway. cool They can stay out late without their mom nagging them.

Hmm, give me a few posts to decide!

How often does a hatching take place, anyway?
During a Pass, I believe most Queens come into heat around once a Turn (which is the equivalent of a Year but longer than a Terran year), or once every two. So that usually means at least two clutches a year, of small to medium size for the junior queens and medium to large size for the senior queens.

She's 30 so that she's had a long time to foster her hidden love and become experienced enough to teach the weyrlings for a year or two.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Maze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
During a Pass, I believe most Queens come into heat around once a Turn (which is the equivalent of a Year but longer than a Terran year), or once every two. So that usually means at least two clutches a year, of small to medium size for the junior queens and medium to large size for the senior queens.

She's 30 so that she's had a long time to foster her hidden love and become experienced enough to teach the weyrlings for a year or two.

Well, if nothing else, this tells me how we get enough dragons to fight off such a large threat.. XD

Would you prefer if my guy was already a rider, or if he were just someone you knew, who happened to be a Craftsman and then suddenly got told to start paying attention to these lessons already?

Actually, I'll think I should make him new to this, considering I'm new to this. XD

Is it normal for teachers and students to fraternise? o: *pesterpester*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:47 pm
*ponders* Weyrling masters usually end up retiring after a few years because there are so many casualties first time riding Thread. So it might make sense to actually lower her age to something like 23. I think I shall do that. And yes, the Weyrlingmaster tends to spend a lot of time with individual weyrlings to make sure they're doing all right. They're surrogate parents, mentors and friends all in one, which tends to make for close relationships. If you're an older weyrling and I'm a youngish weyrlingmaster, it'll make sense to have an even closer relationship than usual. *nodnod*  

Ifailedmywillsave

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Luna says :

>.< so much excitement for the rp to start^^

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:48 pm
okay, i realize i havent read the guides and stuff, im kinda just waiting for them to be done D:
<3;
but how old are these riders when they impress with their dragons, and how do they end up at the hatching in the first place XD?
is there a special school, are they just selected?  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:56 pm
Certain dragons are sensitive to those children between the ages of about 10 to 20 which have potential to form the special link between dragon and rider. These dragons fly on Search throughout the holds which they protect, Searching for these children. If a kid is found, they are presented with an invitation to attend the Hatching taking place at the local Weyr and try their luck at Impressing a dragon. Most children accept, but some would rather keep their routines and families, and so tend to stay home. Others never actually receive the invitation due to overprotective and suspicious parents who would rather keep them for labor and marriage purposes.

The guides, unfortunately, are going to take a while because Ifa has lots of stuff to do right now. D: You may want to read some of them now, or when she puts up the enormous things like the history of Pern and the creation of Dragons, you're going to be reading foreeeeeverrrrr... Though the list of weyrs and holds probably means little to nothing to you yet. She's still trying to find a good map to put up so you can see precisely what she's talking about.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff