Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Introductions! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irhelp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:32 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:44 am
Hi I'm Meav, I live in Colorado and work as a veterinary technician. I love all animals but horses and ferrets hold a special place in my heart. My furry family currently includes two cats and a dog: Ostara (bengal) and Shilo (DSH) and Leggs (Border Collie X). 3nodding  

Meav

magicmakr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:52 am
Hello all,

I live in Las vegas and i have a ferret. His name is spaz. I'm a girl. smile

That's all for now.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:58 am
Heya, I'm Shan!

My life always feels incomplete unless I'm surrounded by animals, so I try and make sure I always am. I love cats, dogs, small animals, reptiles, birds, you name it- the only type of pet I've never had at one point is something like a tarantula or hissing roach, but I've got nothing against them either. If I had to have an insect pet, I'd looooove a praying mantis.

The first pet I had was a silky terrier named Oliver. I was five when my mom and I found him in our driveway. We put up found ads but no one responded, so we kept him. He loved to play, was totally sweet, and would often help me find and catch lizards in our front yard. He lived a good 13 years before succombing to kidney failure. I'll always remember him!

A year or two after Oliver passed, I aquired two kittens from the local shelter. They were siblings and had to be adopted together and were my first time having cats. I named them Simba and Nala, and the two of them were so playful and loving that they effectively won my heart over dogs.

I didn't believe in declawing, but they ripped up my mom's leather furniture and she insisted that they go through the surgery. Simba died during it... ugh. Something I still haven't fully gotten over. A few years later, my mom made me give Nala away when she stopped going potty in the litter box. All as a result of a bad declaw surgery... fellow cat lovers, NEVER GET THIS DONE TO YOUR CATS!

I currently own a cute black DSH kitty named Ritsuka and two dogs that were abandoned in the kennel where I work, named Teddy (german shepherd mix) and Skittle (dobie mix). All provide me with much love and entertainment!

With that said, I've always had hamsters, birds, and reptiles alongside dogs and cats. My first hamsters were from a classroom and named BJ and Sweetie. They were mother and son, but you know how hamsters are... we ended up with about 20 and eventually had to separate them. My second hamsters were Hammer and Elvis, also classroom hamsters, but I watched over them during the Summer and Holidays. Then I got Magic, my favorite, and my friends and I created a 'hamster club' and would always hang out in my yard with our hammies. After Magic I had Riley, one of Magic's babies, and then Pazu, who I snuck home and had to give away a week later.

I still have hamsters, my current ones being two baby dwarfs I just got last month... I've always had larger syrians, but now I think I like dwarf hamsters better. ^^

I've only had two experiences with birds. One was a cockatiel I bought my mom for mother's day. His name was Ace. The other was a parakeet named Zazu. The parakeet died when an unfertilized egg wouldn't pass, and the cockatiel died of old age. I haven't had a bird in awhile since then, but if I got one, I'd love a macaw!

Reptiles, however, I have an extensive history with. My first REAL reptile pet was an iguana named Neal when I was 7. He only lived for two years and then died of liver problems; we took him to a vet that put him on meds to prolongue his life, but that was all they could do. I also had a turtle at one time that my grandmother had to petsit along with Oliver when we still had him, and she thought it would be a good idea to move its cage out to the garage in the middle of winter. I also rescued a giant skink from a flea market that looked malnourished, who I assumed was already old. He also lasted a couple of years before kicking the bucket.

I now have two leopard geckos, Shakir and Khiva, whom have lived with me for a good six years now, still going strong... as well as a crested gecko named Kyuubi that I purchased at a breeders' expo this Summer. I have a BIG soft spot for reptiles and ambhibians especially. My dream is to start a reptile rescue shelter down here in Florida since there's such a big need for it.

I currently have a job at an animal hospital for domestic pets, but I'd REALLY love to work with exotics instead- I'm planning on getting hired at the Science Center or Animal Kingdom as soon as possible.

Anyways... HI ALL. biggrin  

Cosmic Rainbow

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:19 am
Well, I've had experience with many types of pets from Hermit Crabs to Shelties to Triops to Tabbies. But Mostly, my darlings right now are what make my life worth it. I am a single girl, 26, in Utah. I live with 2 roommates, 3 (usually... right now I am rehabing another rescue so I have 4 and one in the pouch I do not expect to make it) Sugar Gliders. I also have 2 gerbils and a red eared slider hatchling. And then there are multiple fish. Other than my FurrBabies I work at Ancestry.com full- time, love popcorn, reading, and religion. This is me and here I am!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:43 pm
Hello, my name is Rain.

I've had animals all my life and always wanted to work with them.

I work at a Veterinary Hospital for small animals and exotics. i work in the kennel and also in the treatment room as a Veterinary Technician.

I also work for a Professional Trainer and help with behavior consults, teaching private lessons, teaching group classes and training dogs at the boarding kennel.

I am in Search and rescue training my own dog for air scent, as well as a trainers dog for Explosive detection. I teach the new handlers basic obedience twice a year and help with behavioral problems seen in the field and at home.

I raise puppies for Guide Dogs for the Blind and have two dogs currently working. I have a dog named Bismark who is going back for professional training in February.  

Rainey_angel81

carliscool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:42 am
im a geckos lover  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:42 pm
Hi, I just joined the guild. as you can probly guess I like ferrets alot! =) I own 5 and I also have a 4.5 year old goldfish and a heeler mix puppy =)I really like horses though I don't get to ride much. A pic with all my ferrets is in my journal thing.
I am a 16 yr. girl from the USA. Now don't yell at me or anything but I don't read any manga or anything, I joined here cause all my friends are here and its a way to keep in touch.

Well anyways,
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!  

Ferretgurl

Fiennty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:58 am
My name is Miranda, I am 15 and well, a girl. I own pet rats and a corn snake. I also have a dog and cats.

I go to an agricultural school, and though my teachers ask me to go into the animal science classes I want to get into wildlife. My major plan is to go into all the natural resources and when I go to college I want to get into Willife management and then from there specialize in herpetology, (the study of reptiles and amphibians). I have volenteered at a Nature Center. Gone to Nationals in FFA for enviormental science and I won 38th place. Which is funny because I wa the youngest one going and I won the highest award out of all of the peope on my team.

so yes, If I get some decent pictures I might edit this.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:34 am
My name is Jessie and I am attending College majoring in Biochemistry. I have a dog and a hampster. I really would like to get a cat one day. I really don't have a favorite animale. I just turned 23 in December, and when I graduate I want to go to grad school to get a doc. in biochem. oh ya, I live in PA, almost forgot to mention that. ^^  

Wild-flower-Alchemist

alchiap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:16 pm
Hello my real name is Amy (a girl) and I'm 15 years old and I have had my pets since I was seven.

Here is a picture of them....

User Image

heart I love them all and I can never choose between them. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:43 pm
Hi, My name is Tasha, I'm so excited cuz this is my first ever guild!! Anyway, I'm 22 and female. I live in Virginia and I have one dog ( a beagle/yellow lab mix... she looks like a miniature yellow lab, so cute!!) Her name is Yuffie and she is 1 year, 1 month and one day old! I have 2 cats... Daizy (Brown and Black tabby) she is 4 years, 8 months, and 4 days old; and then their is Kairi (Grey and Black spotted tabby) she is 2 years, 4 months, and 27 days old.... we call her our Anhorexic(sp) kitty cuz she is sooo skinny. I want to get a chihuahua or a pembroke welsh corgi. I prefer cats to anything.

My kitties are like people, they tell you when they are hungry, scared and anything else. When they are cold they climb up the bed and tap me or my husband on the face so that we can lift the covers so they can crawl in them. If they have no food in their bowl, they will bug us until we wake up or nibble on us (it doesnt hurt). They follow us around the house and everytime we go in the bathroom, they scratch at the door until we let them in. They also talk to us when they want to go out on the front porch and cuddle with us if we are not feeling good or are having a bad day, I dont know how they can sense that, but they do. I love they so so much!!

I will post some pics soon.
heart  

CherryMunkie

STATlC ECH0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:46 pm
My name: Krysta
My pets: 3 cats, 2 kittens, rabbit, dog.
Favourite animals: Any, but usually those of a cuddlier variety are more appealing to me. xp
Why I love animals: There is always at least one animal up to playing with me and listening to me in my house. They don't judge, and they never stop loving you. Plus, they're the best to cuddle with on a cold day. ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:37 pm
name is cathi im going to be 17 in feb i live in southern cali i have a gopher snake which hatched over the summer biggrin i have a pug and hes so cute and fat i love him heart my sister has an alstaian shepmixed with queensland heeler.my step dad has a choc.lab,my brother has a german shep rott mix (the nicest dog very pretty too),then my step brother has an iguana,and we have a rabbit and some fish in the pond in our back yard.yes we have alot of animals.my fave would have to be snakes i love them they are very intersting pets. i love animals becuz they dont care what you look like they just except you in my opion animals are the bestes friend any one can have  

Vampire Mistic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200

fbfgoldfinger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:57 pm
Hey. I am 18 and am from a small town in western Pennsylvania. I have a dog and a ferret. Well sort of. I started college in August and the only pets we're allowed to have are fish...so before I moved I had to hand over control of my pets. My sister has my ferret and my dad takes care of my dog. Since i've moved we got another dog at home...plus my mom has a dog, cat, bird, and 2 fish. So in a way I don't have any pets....but I have so many too. I think out of all of them though my ferret is my baby. She is so spoiled.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff