Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Rainbow Bridge
MY DAD LIED TO ME ABOUT MY DOG....ONIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinjaGirlHinata

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:37 pm
ok it sonds like your dad thought she had rabies or somthing so why not quorinten her for 10 days to see then if she had rabies kill her humanley if at all posibel Iam so sorry by the way (did your dad get the corps checked at all to see if she was rabid)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 pm
I'm sorry, but your dad is a heartless murderer....

Ok, I don't mean that but REALLY!

That's so sad, why couldn't he at least just taken Onix to a vet?

If a vet is not an option, at least try and train it out of her! Or... Or...

crying  

ILuvK9s

Glibee

Space Duck

22,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:23 am
that's really horrible.I m sorry. Poor Onix. cry crying cry  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:18 am
I have three things to say about this: 1. Like everyone else said, that is a very inhumane way to kill a dog. 2. The dog growling is not a good reason to kill a dog. 3. If growling is a reason to kill an animal, all three of my cats should be dead by now. Growling is in an animals nature. It doesn't nessisarily mean the animal is aggressive. Your brother could have been, I don't know, hitting your dog with a baseball bat and your dog growled at him. Even if the dog bites, it doesn't mean they should be shot. If the dog bites hostily, they should be taken to the vet. I'm sorry about your loss.  

razzberryJAMZ

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 am
He could have killed Onix in a more inhumane way. i.e.: Tying her to a post and giving her no food or water, hanging her, zapping, and so many more worse ways.
Not every one can afford a vet to check that kind of thing out. Say Onix had rabies, cause she was due for shots soon? And what if they took her to the vet, and she bit someone there? That would have been more money. Yes, an instant death would have been better, but it isn't the very worse. Seriously, he didn't drown the poor dog...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:44 am
That is terrible you know what he should be taken out and tied down and be shot that is a rude man no offense on your dad but i had a black lab and she was nice she was stupid but nice and tell your evil dad i hate even though i havent met him i do hate him twisted because im a Virgo and Virgo's love animals!I am soooo sry for you but if you have a picture of Onix then make it last forever i know you loved the dog but that was very very very very cruel i hate your dad! twisted evil  

yinyang_prinsess

Kaialoren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:44 pm
Baconbits_on_VMK
Thats a terrible way to put something under. At least take him to the vet or to a shelter. I'd run away.

Yeah, cuz that would solve everything rolleyes

Shooting an animal in the head is actually a very fast and can be the most humane way possible to kill a dog if you can't afford injection. It's quick, plus he gave her food to distract her from the gun. I think he did it in probably the most humane way he could afford. If she may have had rabies and if she was indeed harassing the animals he couldn't risk it being spread to the livestock.

I don't know how old christmas day is, young people can often overreact because they don't know/understand all the details of a situation. But I think there is probably more to it than "she was acting funny so I shot her" Though if he didn't recognise real signs of rabies (which to my knowledge is incurable and killing the animal is the only option) and didn't have her checked out I'd say he came to a very wrong conclusion.

I'm very very sorry you lost your dog, but if she was honestly sick w/rabies, I know it's hard to understand, but he really did do her a big favor, they either die quick or they suffer, go mad and die from the sickness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 pm
Ruthie_Uchiha
That is terrible you know what he should be taken out and tied down and be shot that is a rude man no offense on your dad but i had a black lab and she was nice she was stupid but nice and tell your evil dad i hate even though i havent met him i do hate him twisted because im a Virgo and Virgo's love animals!I am soooo sry for you but if you have a picture of Onix then make it last forever i know you loved the dog but that was very very very very cruel i hate your dad! twisted evil

DUDE! Being a Virgo has NOTHING to do with it! I'm a Libra, and I dragged out the largest guinea pig cage we have that I can move, spent 40 minutes cleaning it up, then setting it up and putting my pigs in it and bringing them upstairs cause it's a freeze day (-39F)! And I prolly love animals more then YOU do! It's also rather rude to assume that someone is evil JUST BECAUSE THEY DID WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN BEST.

If the dog DID have rabies, and it bit the livestock, and it spread through them, well, there goes hundreds of dollars right there! Holy crap, people! Not everyone can afford the vet! "Oh yah ur dd shold of brng onix to th vt frst" No. Just No. Think about it this way. Right now, the American economy is crap. Totally screwed over. And we're getting the income that we had before it got so bad. So, we're not all rich right now. Now, add thousand pound animals. Feeding, water, troughs, fences that need to be mended, homes, people food, water, bills, and all this other crap, and you don't exactly have much free time money. So, now add dog with rabies. No, he didn't know if Onix had rabies. BUT, suspecting is better then not knowing. IF Onix had went wild, bit the livestock, broke free, went into town, and bit more people, holy crap. Load of good THAT did. Now, think about it this way. Onix is shot. Onix is dead. Onix is in Heaven. Hundreds of dollars saved. Wazzam. Which scenario sounds better?  

Azusanga

Sukai Buyou Ookami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:01 am
I am so sorry! That is wrong in so many ways. When we had to put one of our dogs down, we had Jonah put to sleep and then cremated.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:25 pm
Okay, you city dwellers don't get it. That's the way it's done on the farm. A cow is down and won't recover, bullet to the brain. A dog is harrassing or attacking livestock, the owner of the livestock has a right to shoot to kill the dog. We have had some of our pet dogs put down at the vet, but sometimes it needed to be done then and there. When I was a child my Aunt had a dog that started getting aggressive with everyone...don't know if it was rabies, or maybe he was just crazy. But Pal bit me in the face. Early the next morning my Grandfather and Pal went for a walk, and Pal didn't come back. It is a humane way to put an animal down, and a .22 bullet is a lot less expensive than the $70 my vet charged me 5 years ago to put my cat down.  

kennychesneyfan

Therese Psyche Reeve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:33 am
My dog was about to be put to sleep too, but before they even reached the vet his heart stopped beating and... died crying crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:52 pm
poor thing!!! why didnt ur dad take it to the vet!?!? dats animal abuse!! poor thing!!!  

Xx_viet_bunny_xX

Xx_viet_bunny_xX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:54 pm
kennychesneyfan
Okay, you city dwellers don't get it. That's the way it's done on the farm. A cow is down and won't recover, bullet to the brain. A dog is harrassing or attacking livestock, the owner of the livestock has a right to shoot to kill the dog. We have had some of our pet dogs put down at the vet, but sometimes it needed to be done then and there. When I was a child my Aunt had a dog that started getting aggressive with everyone...don't know if it was rabies, or maybe he was just crazy. But Pal bit me in the face. Early the next morning my Grandfather and Pal went for a walk, and Pal didn't come back. It is a humane way to put an animal down, and a .22 bullet is a lot less expensive than the $70 my vet charged me 5 years ago to put my cat down.

oh i thought he lived in the city ok then it kinda ok poor thing  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:53 pm
oh em ge thats so sad but there is one thing i dont get y did he take ur brother out with him or was ur brother and older brother or younger? jw
im so srry about that it makes me wanna cry  

Madis0nMayhem

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm
je ne regrette rien
Onix was my black lab. she was two years old and she was the most lovable dog i have ever had in my life! Then one day she would just growl at my dad, mom, 2 brothers, and sister. But NEVER me. I didnt know she did that untill my dad told me that:"Paige, im sorry to say this, but we half to get rid of onix. she just keeps attaking the horses and cows." And i was like: "alright." and i was fine with it, because he said his friend wanted her. so one night, he said:"ok, that guy is comming to get her at 11:00 at night. ok?" and 11 rolled around and my dad said: "hes outside paige" and i was like: "ok, can i come with you?" and he told me no. and i felt pretty bad and stuff. so it was 4 months later, and it was 11:15 at night and i was sitting on the deck with my dad and he said: "do you want to know the truth?" and i said:"about what?" and he said:"onix." i told him yeah, and he told me: "Paige, i had to put her to sleep. she was acting weird and she would growl at us, and if she was to kill your brother..." and i ran in the house and cried and i was screaming and stuff and i called my boyfriend and he said: "Its ok paige. Here, he didnt want to do it, its just that...well, she probably got bit by something. ya know?" and i cried more, and hung up and that was the worst thing ever. Then my dad came in and told me that he tied her up, pet her, gave her some food and brought my brother out there. and then he shot her. and i noticed that the day she..."left", there was blood everywhere out in the feild.

You could of called the cops as shooting a dog is considered animal cruelty. Though you may of found out to late for them to do anything.  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff