Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaidurya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:36 pm
Alexandretta
Vaidurya
Isn't this whole thread covered in the "What's your religion?" thread? I mean, c'mon..

Well.. yes and no....

This thread started because someone couldnt handle being told that another person didnt believe in God and came here thinking she was going to have 100 % support of belief, and unfortunately from the number of posts, she doesnt have 100% support...

Crazy eh? LOL

Yeah, well, I've had to deal with this kind of double-threading in other forums. Usually it consists of there being a thread, much like here, simply asking the innocent question of religion. Then some hothead decides there are too many "heathens" and they've apparently "never heard the Lord's word!" Meanwhile, the truth is, most non-Christians know more about Christianity than a fair, oh, I'd say about quarter, of its followers. I, like the starter of this post, grew up in the Bible Belt. The difference is that my mother and grandmother moved there from England, and my grandmother was raised Jewish. That knowledge immediately removed any concept of "One species, one belief," that I might have entertained. I now follow my heart, and not what some book tells me to think.

On another, more amusing note, my cousin ended up going to Christian schools until he reached college, where his professors lingual choices threw him for a loop.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:01 pm
Vaidurya
Usually it consists of there being a thread, much like here, simply asking the innocent question of religion. Then some hothead decides there are too many "heathens" and they've apparently "never heard the Lord's word!" I now follow my heart, and not what some book tells me to think.

ABSOLUTELY! This is what it should really boil down to... Follow your heart and your own personal choice. Those who feel they have to pass judgement because of YOUR choices not necessarily reflecting theirs, are part of the problem of judgement all on its own. I dont believe in a book that is someone's interpretation on how you are supposed to live, believe, do and not do... You dont have to go to church...if you choose to be religious, you can pray from home, you can pray in the tub, on the toilet.. it doesnt matter where. Not to mention.. The Church is a man-made building... nothing more or less... people have always tried scolding me for not going to church and I tell them, if you want a book to tell you what to do in your life, that is your business. Dont push it on me because I dont want to hear it. I hated my family members who were overly religious Catholics constantly rubbing that belief-system... OHHH, its one of the many reasons why I refuse to have religion in my life..

I live life by my own decisions, I always do my best to make good choices, think appropriately, never causing harm to anyone, and helping a person in need if I can help them at that time... just doing the right thing.. and that is what it should always be about... and you dont need religion to tell you this or teach this..... its good common sense...

Wixandrettas

Seanne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:30 pm
I believe in a whole bunch of them! ^_^

Arkjinnahn
I know God is there with all my heart.
Don't be sad for non-believers for if they truly don't believe in God due to a lack of knowledge, He will be forgiving of them.

It's the ones who do know God and turn away from Him that are to be pitied.

And sweetie, I don't mean to be rude, but... I neither need nor want your pity. "His way" was not the way for me; it's as simple as that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:57 pm
I am "spiritual" but I am not "religious". And I do not believe in God.  

jojomade

Sparkly Cat

14,790 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sarah_Jones69

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:40 pm
This is always a hard topic for me to talk about..I do not believe in God, but my parents do, and they're always tryin to shove it down my throat..>_>  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:57 pm
Seanne
I believe in a whole bunch of them! ^_^

Arkjinnahn
I know God is there with all my heart.
Don't be sad for non-believers for if they truly don't believe in God due to a lack of knowledge, He will be forgiving of them.

It's the ones who do know God and turn away from Him that are to be pitied.

And sweetie, I don't mean to be rude, but... I neither need nor want your pity. "His way" was not the way for me; it's as simple as that.
I feel the same exact way. Except, well, I don't believe in his way, at least not entirely. Many of the Christian values are good, and I agree with, but I don't agree with his way.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Pinkade

Shameless Tycoon

17,525 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:37 am
Yes I believe in God and Jesus as our Savior, but this is the wonderful thing about our God is He gives us the choice to choose. So don't worry about what someone else believes, just pray for them.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:33 pm
I'm agnostic. I like to believe in a little of everything--but tend to get a little angry if someone attempts to push their one sole view on me.

Last time someone did that, I got into a long discussion with them on why God's a girl, Mary's an incubator/foster parent, and Jesus is a zombie.  

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150

chdllthstll

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:53 pm
I believe there is a God there is only one God. I believe that Jesus is the the Truth and the only way to heaven. I believe he died for me and everyone else. I dont believe its right to belittle anyone for what they believe. I will tell anyone who is wanting or willing to listen about Jesus. I will not push myself or my beliefs on anyone. You dont want to talk about it I will not talk about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:56 pm
There's something; what there is? I have no idea. I'm 99% positive it's unrelated to the Judeo-Christian mythos, however.  

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:21 pm
I believe in atoms and reality tunnels.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:20 pm
Well I would be friends with that person try to be open minded but know who I am in Christ and talk bout God to that person every now and then.. but not try to push it on them ...I think that is wrong when you try to push your beliefs on others.  

Serenity Celestial

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:11 am
NO.... emo  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 am
I'm seconding Noir. There is something bigger than things we see and understand. And therefore, I also believe that human beings should not try too much to pin everything down.

Every mythos is build upon something older. I see behind all of that there is the origin of belief in its simples form. That's closest to seeing god for me. The need to believe is more important than the name of religion or god or any promise living being can make. I don't want use any name, "god" might as well be an entity or essence, something that just is and gives the extra thing that makes this universe unique.

Plain moral and ethics should never be forgotten either.  

Veddhartha

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:45 pm
Keep the heat down in here guys, just saying, not blaming anyone. We don't want to have to delete this thread.
It's a discussion thread, which means keep your mind open to other people's point of view(s).

I, myself, do not believe in god. I form my own beliefs based on what I've experienced personally, not through what's been written in a book(that doesn't make sense) or preached. I have more of a realistic/scientific(not scientology) view to what I believe, cause I need proof or evidence. I also have nothing against people with other beliefs, as long as they don't push them onto me or are conceited themselves about their "superiority".

Originality is key!

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces