Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:40 pm
"Urgh...Cloverfield"

It Has great graphics and a great monster....but thats it.

People will disagree with me but, im gonna say this cause its just my opinion. Alright, it starts off with a camera. Now alright the camera thing...ive never been a real fan of, i mean the concept of the movie in camera vision is fine. The shakyness/motion sickness..not fine. Plus im not a fan of it, i mean it adds to the story but, i prefer the usual way a movie goes.

So we see a man and some woman in the beginning, then another man with another woman, with the same camera...then it goes to a third man..luckily it sticks to this man for the majority of the film. But this man is a cam u dont want as a character, hes the comic relief guy. Looks stalkingly at this one girl, and says awkward comments.

Alright its the lead characters going away party is people are drunk. UNTILLL the girl from the opening scene shows up. Apparently shes now his ex...and she brings her b/f...more awkwardness continues. She leaves, yay she seemed like a b***h somewhat. They talk about things and then a shock as THANKFULLY the monster comes in, it was so awkward and boring. Yay monster.

So the gang runs out of the house, and then the STUPID decisions come in. they see the statue of liberties head fly onto the streets and.."DEH IMA GONNA TAKE PICTURES AND STAND HERE NOT MINDING DAT OTTER THING DAHHH" before someone puts a politically incorect angle on me i have autism and is technicly special ed. so i dont want to hear the "you dont know them stop making them sound like that!" spiel. no one runs until the smoke/dust cloud comed towards then then they run.

So they hide in a store as that happens. alright something smart for once. So they get back out and find the main group of friends. They finally excapt to the bridge...well that was...quick, so the movies over thenBUT WAIT!!!...the lead character gets a call from his EX..err if shes his ex shouldnt he delete her number or something...ohhh hes somewhat a wuss and still loves her and cant let her go. Well since he wanted his friends to stop because he wanted to talk to his ex. his brother is wating not far from the bridge when a giant tentacle or arm shashes killing him and destroying the bridge.

Yeah. way to go with ur brothers death. oh part two comming up  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:45 pm
Have you wonder the ending to cloverfield had to be horrible because a second film wouldn't get spoiled.... Ugh this reviews... But what ever ohh and how can you insult such a great film their will be blood it was about the madness of a man for the empire of oil and monopoly really please get some one to help you sorry if i offen you im 13 and i see the movies you have reviewd to some be good and some be bad

Atheist Guy

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:41 pm
Atheist Guy
Have you wonder the ending to cloverfield had to be horrible because a second film wouldn't get spoiled.... Ugh this reviews... But what ever ohh and how can you insult such a great film their will be blood it was about the madness of a man for the empire of oil and monopoly really please get some one to help you sorry if i offen you im 13 and i see the movies you have reviewd to some be good and some be bad

Wow you're 13 and you liked There Will Be Blood? That is impressive, I must say. I don't think I would have liked that film when I was 13. I love it now, but at that age I'm sure I would have been bored to death. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm
Clover field part 2

so the brother dies...way to go...cause u had to answer ur phone from ur ex while running away from a monster....how many stupid moves so far? (3) the stupid moves is the stupid things people do in this movie. Now they evactuate when the lead character tried to call his ex, but the battery dies. BUt convienently right across from them people are breaking into a electronic store (S.M.4) (stupid move 4) cause when a giant monster attacks, lets rob electronics so we can put them in a home thats most likely destroyed by that monster..BRILLIANT...

so everyone follows into the stor where they see the monster, the news reports dont say much about the monster..or no emotion that THERE SEEING A FREAKING MONSTER DESTROY N.Y. CITY...and for some reason spongebob is also on....i dunno. Se he calles his ex and shes hurt. (hurray) oh right he still has emotions for her. Shes hurt so he goes and thinks of what to do.

Err you run for your life? BUT NOOO, his ex who was somewhat a b***h at the party. is hurt now alright im up for saving friends, but shes an ex. also during this movie they show more of the tape of the lead character and his ex..for what reason? i dunno, background story i guess as to say "he still has feelings for her even though shes his ex and brought her b/f to his going away party"

if you confused reread it i know im confused too. So he dicides "im going to save her" ok bye. but wait the friends wants to come too, he even points out that they could go get evacuated but they continue. (S.M.5) yes friendship but still. Now the best part the hurt ex girlfriend lives in a building RIGHT THERE THE MONSTER IS, oh love has no boundries, being an idiot doesnt either it seems.

So their on their way (cure final fantasy epic traveling music) they encounter the monster and decide to go into the subway. So far nothings explained of the monster but we also know that these mini parisite things (which looks like those rolling crab things in the Resistance: fall of man games...rip off???) no origin of those creatures either not even a name, just that they come off of the big monters back.

So they go into the tunnel as the camera man tries to mildly flirt with the one girl who wasnt into him in the beginning. They go into the tunnel where the cameraman makes awkward comments...(S.M.6) they hear a noise and turn on the nightvision so see the parasites on the cieling above them. now they run (part 3 soon with yes spoilers)  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm
Atheist Guy

the mans greedyness was interesting but for the most part i just want a fan and continue ur opinions negative or positive.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:57 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Atheist Guy

Wow you're 13 and you liked There Will Be Blood? That is impressive, I must say. I don't think I would have liked that film when I was 13. I love it now, but at that age I'm sure I would have been bored to death. sweatdrop

lol im a indiviual  

Atheist Guy

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:06 pm
PART 3

alright so they get attacked everyone for the most part id alright. they go into a random room in the tunnel which is a breakroom The sky girl who gets creeped out by the camera man as she got bit but a parasite and if u see the bite mark IT LOOKS PAINFULL, as she asks "does it look ok?" not showing any pain considering THE FREAKING DEEP BITE WOUND...urgh

then there at a mall store...how i dunno they find one, again thats why i hate the camera angle thing, it doesnt show how they went from a room in a tunnel to the doors of some department store in a mall (so it looks like) The army finds then and takes them in, as the camera looks at the wounds of dead soldiers "no respect"

Then we learned that the girl who got bit is known at "a biter" or some nickname with a bite, her eyes bleed and she gets taken away, as we see her stomach explode. She died to help this man find his Ex. (S.M.7) so shes dead sadly. And they go from the protection of the army to go look for the Ex. (S.M. cool

they walk to her building to see that its mildly fallen over. so these daredevils decide to ignore the fact that the monster is nearby. and continue into the buildings that will fall at any moment. (S.M.9) They enter and go through the roof as the camera man talks about the monster and shitting his pants...i hate this character...so they cross buildings to find the ex hurt with a rod through her upper breast area...alright shes gonna die lets goBUT WAIT...she loves him...

wait wheres her B/f oh he left....so the ex. loves him, then..WHY ARE YOU EXS THEN??? i mean come on!...so they lift her body from the rod with NO MAJOR BLOOD ISSUES these guys superhuman? they get mauled by creatures as the girl with the bite wound doesnt show pain, when shes bleeding in the eyes she goes "i think there something wrong with me" (or something like that)

they can travel up 40something flights of stairs with no sign of getting to tired. And this girl gets impailed but a rod, missing vital organs and when she gets pulled no major blood loss? Honestly i know new yorkers are tough but not to the point of not bleeding. (part 4 soon)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:14 pm
(Part 5)

so they leave the building with no harm and they (cue Arnald Swhartzeneger saying "get to da chopper" ) yes helicopters are here to the rescue, they lived with only 2 people dying. and many of new york city, and everyone else who was at that party. So one of the characters get into the helicopter and leaves as another comes by. And they leave in it, watching the monster with no name or origin destroy N.Y.

Ahh and a stelth bomber comes in and blows it up....the end? no ending spoiler? oh ill spoil it..but the creature died right?....right? (WRONG!) as from the smoke the monster jumps out and attacks the helicopter sending it out. It crashes and we head that the monster survives, oh ok. So the cameraman, the lead character, and his supper Ex emerged, oh but whats this? instead of walking away the cameraman gets his camera AS THE MONSTER IS A FEW YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM (S.M.10)

So the monster eats or..something we cant fully see. kills the annoying cameraman (thank you again monster) Ans the two thats left pick up the camera (which by now must be cursed)

The leading man and his ex run under a bridge...not sure if that should be a stupid move or not. Well the army attacks the monster and the two are under a bridge in the crossfire, the leading man says his parting, his ex says whatever. the brighe crumbled on them....and they die.....yep...all of that for them to die. then it shows a remaining video of the two from being on a ferris wheen it zooms in on the womans face...the Exs face smileing which this whole story was about then excaping, then rescuing the EX...just for them to die...it ends with that womans face and personally i hated it.

This movie su.....it SU..C....damn it..i cant say it fully sucks cause the plot itself of a monster attack N.Y. was good, the graphics was great.....the looks of the monster itself was amazing...but the rest just...suuucked....its characters sucked that did 10 obvius stupid things, at points there was no logic, the camera viewing concept didnt do anything but make me confuzed and made me dizzy. No origin of the monster or the parasites no ******** NAME for the monster or parasites either and what kind of name is "CLOVERFIELD?" whats it supposed, to mean? it doesnt say, is it the monsters name? WE DONT KNOW CAUSE IT NEVER SAYS....no screw it this movie gets a 2/5 i dont care the graphics and monster was good BUT THAT WAS IT..everything else was stupid and confusing, maybe the prequal movie might help more but untill then im sticking with this review Cloverfield gets a 2/5  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:11 pm
(more movies soon)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:45 pm
"The rock" if ur thinking of the wrestler then.....nevermind

A Marine takes over Alcatraz and its up to Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery to stop them from destroying San Fransisco.

Theres action, blood, next to no romance, guns, Dr. Cox from scrubs is in there too, they have a joke at the end about the shooting of J.F.K. it was delightfull, but there was next to no cursing which was odd.

This is a obvious average Joe review, music is alright but it gives u respect for the war heros. So i give it a 5/5 it was a good movie for its time.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 pm
-lookd at script- i have 3 movies on me, good will hunting, ghost dog: the way of the samerai, and Persepolis, whiiich is some animated movie...i also have seven, treasure planet, hook, resident evil:degeneration, rob zombies version of halloween, sweeney todd, and more sooo WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT ME TO REVIEW NEXT!!??  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:53 pm
Saintsage777
Bonniebluejeans
Indiana Jones 4...brief reference to the first movie, theres killer ants, a russian dominatric, Jones is reunited with his love, he also has a son, a town explodes and theres ALIANS.....

Okay I was with you until you said aliens eek . WTH? The 4 yo I babysit said something about aliens in the movie but you know I thought he was just being 4 and getting a little mixed up. ALIENS? REALLY? In Indiana jones? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. For now i will die laughing. rofl

stephen spielburg the guy who made alien movied included aliens in this....and it sucked

I know. He also directed Close Encounters. I guess I just kinda thought he knew how to keep his genres separate. Ya know?  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:31 am
now which movie to review? ill take suggestions, or pick out movies from my list  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:45 pm
review sound of thunder or little children those movies are just .....

Atheist Guy

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:01 pm
"Persepolis"

This is a great film so already you know its gonna be positive.

This is abount the life of a Iranian girl during the struggles of her life. War, death, revolution, shes been through it all. Now ALSO THIS IS A GREAT ANIMATED FILM. (damn caps lock) Its mostly in black and white but that wont matter.If you have lived through the 70's and 80's you will get most of the references in here.

Now as tragic as this film is its witty and inspiring. Alright so its about a girl who becomes a kid obsessed with bruce lee. And could talk to god. Then learns about politics and her lifes views change. Then she slowely grows up to a rough neighborhood.

She leaves to go to europe where she at her age was able to switch apartments. Then goes through love, then a more awkward love. Goes back to Iran. All of this she changes and its a interesting view, all while animated. More tragic events, love, more odd events. and then it ended softly. with a odd yet hopeful message.

So the animation is great. But dont put it on both audio and subtitles, the subtitles becomes a distraction since they say practically different things. The voicing is nice exept when the main character sings "eye of the tiger" but man that was funny. 5/5 i recommend it for those whos looking for a good movie. for film students its a must, it won independent film awards so...yeah i loved it.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff