Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:25 pm
Nuala
VelouriaDS
Yeah, there's something about k=9. And I hear that he and Sara Jane Smith are going to be in the new season that's comming up. That should prove to be very cool indeed. smile

There was a clip of K9 in the previews screened after The Christmas Invasion. He's looking a bit the worse for wear after all of these years.
Hmmm, I never thought about it, but it does make sense...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:56 am
For anyone who may not have heard elsewhere, the new Who will begin showing in the U.S. on the Sci-Fi channel begining on March 17. It'll occupy the Friday 9 pm timeslot. As a consequence, the DVD release (which was orginally rumored to be slated for February) has been pushed back to July.

Source: www.gallifreyone.com  

Hairy Priest

AmberKatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:54 pm
Hairy Priest
Any thoughts on the season 2 teaser that was shown at the end of The Christmas Invasion? Some people seem to be thrilled that Anthony Head, who apparently acted in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will be guest starring in an episode. I never watched Buffy... is he any good?

Anthony Head? Isn't he the guy who played Giles? If so, yes he is quite good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:46 am
My favourite Doctor was always William Hartnell, closely followed by Tom Baker. Now their giddy heights of Whodom have been joined by Christopher Eccleston, who was truly fantastic in "his" season heart . I also liked Romana, the female Time Lord (Mary Tamm incarnation), and my favourite companion was Leela - the only one I've liked as much is Rose (yes, it surprised me, too!). The Eccleston season was excellent - strong storylines by Russell T Davies, dark, scary tales with atmospheric sets to match, a host of new aliens, and a refurbished Tardis which looked (on the inside) much more like a high-tech vehicle with super-powers that has been shuttling back and forth through time. The new, improved, golden Daleks were menacing - and a lot more difficult to fight than they used to be - and there was even an episode with a dying Dalek that was very emotive crying . I liked the Doctor/Rose storyline very much, and it'll be interesting to see how that continues with the newly regenerated David Tennant Doctor. I was apprehensive about the unexpected regeneration eek , but the Christmas episode was promising - hopefully all will be well!

Harbone (and anyone else who's interested) - there is an animation on the BBC website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shada/index.shtml

I've seen a couple of references to The Prisoner in this thread - another of my favourite shows - maybe we should start a dedicated thread!!  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:43 pm
Thanks for sharing... will have to check it out more thoroughly when my teen isn't sitting on top of me telling me it's time for us to leave the house already wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:30 pm
Yipee, Who on SciFi! Hopefully that will make up for Stargate becoming so lame. Roll on March!  

Catira Norr

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:31 pm
Dr Who is one of my favorite shows.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:48 pm
Hey! nifty!
Maybe I can get someone who has cable to tape it for me! I've almost got my VCR working again! I just need to solder the coaxial cable jack back on again after accidentally yanking it off!  

Harbone
Crew

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:41 pm
America gets doctor who a season late. How sad. Good thing it is possible to download it from the internet... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:17 am
Considering how short a season of Dr. Who is (thirteen 45-min episodes), if the show does extremely well on Sci-Fi, it's conceivable that they might consider picking up season 2 right away and start showing it immediately after broadcasting the end of season 1 (which I think will be in June or July). If that occured, we could be caught up in time for season 3 in 2007.

Not that I believe that it would actually turn out that way, but one can always dream... neutral

In the meantime, thank god for the internet!  

Hairy Priest

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:27 pm
ok, so do any of you kind of keep the tardis noise in the back of your mind, hoping that one day you'll hear it and then you can go running towards the blue box and hop in, or is that just me... mrgreen lol blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:42 am
Well, I've always wanted to travel in time, but with my luck I'd end up at some point in history that I DON'T want to change (and accidentally change it, like preventing Mother Jones from meeting up with the Knights of Labor after the great Chicago fire or accidentally pointing the seven or eight foot angel entity toward the wrong young fella sleeping outside the gates of a certain city in the Middle East.)

Or, even worse, I'd end up at some point in history that I desperately want to change but don't have the power to alter (like keeping Regan from firing the air traffic controllers or trying to convince Nicola Telsa that it's okay to touch J. P. Morgan's daughter despite her icky, icky pearls. Whew! That'd be tough!)

And what about the cloister bell? Huh? Huh? I bet that damn thing would ring within MINUTES of me stepping inside.

So, no. I don't listen for the wheeze of the time rotor, but I do sometimes scout out flea markets looking for an omni.  

Harbone
Crew

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:24 pm
Where I live, we have those blue police boxes on the streets, but I've never seen the Doctor coming out of one yet - only rather brassed-off looking police officers. Maybe they were hoping it was the Tardis as well... xp It would be great to hear that creaky, whooshy sound, though... cool  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:28 pm
It would be a great sound to hear. I don't think I'd set the cloister bell off, but I'm fairly sure that I'd get laughed or at least left behind when the tardis went on its way again...

Still, I think my heart listens for the sound even if I'd get left at home... xd  

Velouria Dragoon

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:34 pm
March is comming... Yeah that's right. The new season of doctor who comes out in the spring, and we all know that March 21st is the first day of spring.
*rubs hands together in anticipation* heh heh heh pirate  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces