Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Texan-Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 pm
Those who go around critisizing others, the *****, and the people who really need to shower! Seriously! Standing in a crowded room near someone who smells like week old garbage is unbearable! And it's embarrassing when youre trying to talk to someone and you have to ask them if they want to move through they giant crowd just to get away! Oh, and a vendor asked me if I wanted to look at hentai and I'm a minor! No offense to any of y'all who may like it but I'm not into that sorta crap!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:56 pm
1) Terrible cosplays. i cannot, repeat, cannot bear to look at those! It's one thing if you try to actually LOOK like them. But putting a drawn box over your head and saying DURRHURR I AM DOMO does nto always make an amazing cosplay. True that Domo is shaped like a box, but he's not drawn on.

2) *****. I haven't dealt with one myself but some of my friends have. They were working in the Maid Cafe, and scary guys would ask for their number and stuff. One even had a boner and was hitting on my adorabe friend.
3) Cosplay criticizers. it's not nice, unless the cosplay is REALLY that bad. I cosplayed as L my first Fanimecon, and I guess I wasn't good enough. I styled my already-short hair and it looked decent yet i got bad comments. I mean, I don't have the money to buy a wig...  

Ryuusei Rocket

OhMyGoat

Man-Hungry Smoker

11,950 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:37 pm
It srsly annoys me when people call me a Narutard, because I cosplay DEATH NOTE. Not Naruto. People really do need to know the difference between Naruto and Death Note. Does Beyond Birthday look like a ninja? No, he does not ._____.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 am
For costume day at my school, the other bass clarinet player in band dressed up as Goku in Super Saiyan form (he dyed his hair blonde a while before then) and a girl in color guard thought he was Naruto. I mean, COME ON! The guy had an actual Dragonball Z costume on and it doesn't look close to what Naruto wears pre-Shippuden.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Miss Whimsi

Spoopy Duck

9,250 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:48 am
-Pretty much anyone who is overly vain of their cosplay and think they are better than everyone else; especially when they are at the point of carelessly insulting others without considering their feelings.

-B friggin' O!!! Seriously, every con I've been to has had numerous unwanted smells, mainly consisting of peoples' bodily aromas. I mean come on, is it really too much to ask to bathe yourself for your own sake, as well as for those around you? It's more unpleasant and humiliating than they take it to be. x_x

-Instant relationships. Sure, it's fun to meet someone you're attracted to at a con but must you jump into it right then and there? What I mean is getting too personal too quickly and assuming that they are "perfect" for you and all that jazz. Orrr~ for hormonal reasons. Meh, maybe it's just me being the love cynic that I am. =w=

-Major attention-seekers, and that's just an underestimation. I mean the extremely desperate ones who fuel up on nothing but attention in order to get through the day. When they are either ignored or merely pushed aside, they start playing the "cute-sad" act in order to receive pity from the other party. I dunno about you but these kind of people irk me big time. >_<*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm
I don't mind glomping especially if it is asked I don't really mind if something tears (especially if its an accident). What I do mind is leg humping I know I am a guy and most guys enjoy it from cute girls and stuff but even though I am straight and single I don't care 4 it much. The only 1s allowed 2 leg hump me are my friends LOL.

But on the more serious side take showers ppl or at least wash ur armpits and use perfume or something and if u know that u have bad body odor even if u shower carry Ax with u.

4 gods sake creepers do not pick up Jail Bait and sometimes saying that u did not know is not a good excuse especially when they have the "Jail Bait" tag on there pass.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Kilala831

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:46 pm
The only thing I have found that I don't like is when people wear things that are 4 sizes too small. I love it when people wear costumes for characters that they love. I'm all for it but wear it in a size that doesn't make you look horrible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:13 pm
F u y u k o_b e r r y
-Pretty much anyone who is overly vain of their cosplay and think they are better than everyone else; especially when they are at the point of carelessly insulting others without considering their feelings.

-B friggin' O!!! Seriously, every con I've been to has had numerous unwanted smells, mainly consisting of peoples' bodily aromas. I mean come on, is it really too much to ask to bathe yourself for your own sake, as well as for those around you? It's more unpleasant and humiliating than they take it to be. x_x

-Instant relationships. Sure, it's fun to meet someone you're attracted to at a con but must you jump into it right then and there? What I mean is getting too personal too quickly and assuming that they are "perfect" for you and all that jazz. Orrr~ for hormonal reasons. Meh, maybe it's just me being the love cynic that I am. =w=

-Major attention-seekers, and that's just an underestimation. I mean the extremely desperate ones who fuel up on nothing but attention in order to get through the day. When they are either ignored or merely pushed aside, they start playing the "cute-sad" act in order to receive pity from the other party. I dunno about you but these kind of people irk me big time. >_<*

Ditto  

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

the-fluffy-angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 pm
I went to one con so far and I got hugged once it kinda scared me...because one i didn't know her and she just appeared out of nowhere!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 am
the-fluffy-angel
I went to one con so far and I got hugged once it kinda scared me...because one i didn't know her and she just appeared out of nowhere!

Yeah I think that happens to everyone at least once but in the end I have just learned to deal with it  

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lolita_Doll_Sakurai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 am
F u y u k o_b e r r y

2 things I really hate, a friend I meet during a con was a nice girl and she was left behind by her friends which canceled at the last minute their cosplay plans and left her alone. But now I kinda understand how/why, she use other and popular people/cosplayers to become even more popular. I don't really know what to think about it because she's betching everyone around behind my back but not me or in my face..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 am
the-fluffy-angel

Try wearing spikes on your costume. That sometimes works.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 pm
Lilith Dragon Witch

:: ”Elite” Cosplayers Attitude ::
They spend over hundreds of dollars and hours to make on little costume and they belittle others who just either started out or didn’t spend so much on making or buying their cosplay. Its like they are high and mighty and should be praised on their hard work, when clearly, they are just a normal person with a bad attitude and no sense of having fun. Everything is a compition for them and they forget the whole point and make the rude comments to others having fun. So annoying…

I know I am late in quoting it, but I have to, because I agree 100%. That kind of attitude just pisses me right off. I myself love to cosplay, but I can't sew, that's just one talent I don't have. So, I go out to a thrift store and I get the things I need for the base of a costume, then alter it into the cosplay I am going for. I kind of half buy, half make my cosplay, but it's the best I can do. Now, I understand that I am not going to look as perfect as someone who can design patterns and sew with the best of them, but I don't look terrible and the cosplay is as accurate as I can POSSIBLY make it, and trust me, I can get a little a*** about my accuracy. It's those kind of elitists that really get me down about cosplaying and make me wonder why I should bother anymore... so yeah, that's a big peeve of mine.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 pm
OMG DON'T GET ME STARTED! roffles.

People who try to pick up guys/girls: WTF! I came to the convention to enjoy anime just like everybody else. I didn't come to find a boyfriend. GO AWAY! This happened twice during Sugoicon 09.

Unwanted hugs: I know I gave unwanted hugs during my first con, but now I know better and I just don't do it. I didn't have this issue during Sugoi, but some people at least lifted their arms to show me that they wanted a hug and that's just fine with me.

"Elite" cosplayer attitude: A buttload of people put this down already, but I think I've noticed this during Sugoi. No one said anything to me about my Milk-chan cosplay, but I did get some pretty challenging glances. I don't know how to sew using a machine and my hand sewing skills aren't that great. Who cares if I knit my cosplays? At least I put effort in my costumes.

Con creepers: They're SO annoying. Friday night during Sugoi I ran into a guy I thought forgot about me years ago. He was a little short kid wearing a Naruto headband and he decided to follow me that entire night so we could catch up. I always thought he was creepy and I really didn't want him following me.

Dealer's room browsers: If you're gonna buy something, do it or just keep moving! I do go into the Dealer's room on Friday to browse, but I don't stand there for ten minutes staring at a plushie that I want. I walk and gaze, walk and gaze.

Annoying Memes: I also hate it when people shout "You lost the game". I don't care if I hear it once, but if I hear it throughout the whole con, I'm gonna be upset.

Stinky cosplayers: Like everybody else, please, please, please shower! If you're not the one who's funky, but it's your costume, go back in your hotel room and febreeze that thing.

Anime shuffles: If you're gonna go watch an anime, please be respectful and SHUT UP while others are trying to watch!

People who go to cons just to tease cosplayers: Wtf. Why are you even at the con if you're not there to enjoy anime and have fun? You're just wasting your money....

Attention whores: It bugs me when a girl says she's crossplaying and she's wearing skimpy clothing. For example, a girl claimed to be Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear. The thing is, everything she had on was EXTREMELY revealing.

Hot topic gear: D: Girls claiming to be Misa Misa, but everything they have on looks to be from hot topic.

Yaoi fangirls: Please don't maul me. I don't like yaoi. Some of the yaoi fangirls scare me senseless. Why did I decide to not be Hiei for A&G? Lol it's because I might find another Kurama and girls might beg for fanservice.

D: Rude people: Did your parents not teach you any manners!? If you run into me by accident, don't shout "MOVE" at least say "excuse me" or "I'm sorry."

Flamers: I don't like others who bash people because they're not dressed as an anime character or because they missed ONE itsy bitsy detail on their costume. Heck, I saw a Johnny Bravo and a Coraline!

Clones: I don't care if I see 2 of the same character, but if I see 100+ of them during the first day of the con, that's a little too much lol.

Cosplays that look half finished: It bugs me especially when they think they have the nerve to tell you your cosplay looks bad XD  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

the-fluffy-angel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm
Right before I got there a girl bought the ONLY Sesshoumaru plushie!!! scream It was soooooo fustrating so now I'm searching for one of my own and why does everything have to be so expensive...  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff