Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:41 pm
The plan was working well. They were even attempting to flee the fight inside already. Good, good.

As soon as the soldier threw open the doors, the bugbear was in motion. He quickly ran around in a semi-circle so that he could stand in the warrior's way. Thrusting his b*****d sword forward, he tried to make sure that the human knew that continuing in this direction wasn't going to earn him anything but pain.

Quote:
Move Action: 1 square SW, 1 square SE
Standard Action: Viper's Strike, 18 vs. AC; 13 damage.
If the target shifts before the start of my next turn, he provokes an AoO from an ally of my choice (Daelos).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:34 am
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14--15--16--17--18--19-
A-K--K-----------------------------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-A
B-E--E-----------------------------------B---------------Te--G4--P-B
C-E--D-----------------------------------B-----------Ta------H---P-C
D-E--D-------------------------------Gr------------------Te--G3--P-D
E-E--E-------------------------------P---------------------------P-E
F-P--P-----------------------------------B-----------------------P-F
G----------------------------------------B---D-------G2----------P-G
H-------------------------Ge-------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-H
I------------------------------------------------------------------I
J------------------------------------------------------------------J
K------------------------------------------------------------------K
L------------------------------------------------------------------L
M------------------------------------------------------------------M
N------------------------------------------------------------------N

Initiative Order
1. Hars 24hp, marked by G4, marking G4
2. Pelloth has concealment
3. Cain
4. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2, G3, G4 has 14 damage, is marked by Hars and is marking Hars
5. Gerash Initiative
6. Grashuk
7. Daelos

Gerash steps forward and conjures his daggers, which tear at the flesh of the guard.

Grashuk attempts to finish the job, but the frightened soldier just barely manages to parry the bugbears sword with his own.

Daelos threw his dagger at the guard, his aim was good and it struck him right in the neck. As he fell to the ground dead, blood sprayed all over the faces of Grashuk and Pelloth. The elf then drew another dagger and dodged past Pelloth and headed inside.

Hars, Pelloth and Cain may go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 am
[Aura: 2]

Pelloth doesn't flinch at the spray of blood and moves past the fallen guard to halt in front of the table. After cursing one of the guards flanking Hars he lets loose his psychic fury once again.

Quote:
Move: 2 NE 1 E ending at C15 gaining concealment, again.

Minor: Curse G3

Standard: Spiteful Glamor: 18 v Will, 19 psychic damage.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:20 pm
Hars grins at the guard she has backed into the corner and twirls her blades. "Let's dance, pretty boy." As she says this, she shifts her features into a mirror of his own for just a moment, enough to cause the guard to doubt what he's seeing.
((changeling trick, bluff @22 vs G4's passive insight))

Her blades lash then at both guards flanking her, deflecting blows from both of them at once and driving them to simultaneously trip into their own tents.
((Funneling Flurry @21 vs G4's AC, 11 damage[23 and 15 damage if Hars has gained CA, sneak attack expended], @26 vs G3's AC, 12 damage))

((Both guards are marked))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:48 am
Cain cackled to himself as he watched the fighting from above. The men bellow had clearly heard the sweet, sweet sounds of his Lord's wisdom. Everyone but Cain seemed to become overwhelmed with gratitude when His voice started speaking to them, most to the point of pain, some to the point of death. That must be why The Elemental Elder Eye choose the Cain for His worldly messenger.

Though now it was time for the fun. The fight bellow was just starting to heat up, and Cain felt left out. With one causal look towards the rope dangling a mere foot away from his hand, Cain smiled as he jumped off of the ancient roof. Though his wings didn't work, his Lord would protect him from harm.

The fall seemed to take a long time, it didn't seem as high as it was from the top. Eventually he landed on the tent, smashing upon landing with an almighty crack. The Kenku didn't know if the sound was a bone or something in the tent, he couldn't think about that at the moment, he had people to kill. But the pain of the fall left his body shaken and his eyes watered. After attempting to get the nearest human, he took a second to regain some composure.

Quote:
Move:
Jump down the hole to land me on the tent at D17.

Free:
Acrobatics to reduce falling damage. +10=17
Resist 8 damage from the 5d10 fall. sweatdrop

Then if alive:

Minor:
Oath G3.

Standard:
Overwhelming Strike vs G3:
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsWillAC=14/15
1d10+6=8 damage and I shift 1SW, dragging G3 into my space.

Action Point:
Second wind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:01 am
B-E--E-----------------------------------B---------------G4------P-B
C-E--D-----------------------------------B-------P---Ta------H---P-C
D-E--D-------------------------------Gr--------------C---G3------P-D
E-E--E-----------------------------------------------------------P-E
F-P--P-----------------------------------B---------------G2------P-F
G----------------------------------------B---D-------------------P-G
H-------------------------Ge-------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-H

Initiative Order
1. Hars 24hp, marked by G4, marking G3 and G4
3. Cain 36hp, Oath'ing G3 and is dazed (save ends)
4. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2, G3 has 39 damage, is marked by Hars, is cursed by Pelloth, is Oath'd by Cain and is bloodied G4 has 29 damage, is marked by Hars, is marking Hars, is prone and is bloodied
5. Gerash Initiative
6. Grashuk
7. Daelos

Hars uses her sneaky-ness to cause the guard to fumble, giving her the chance to get some schneak damage in there. She manages to cut at both of the guards, bloodying one of them, as they both stumble towards their tents they try to regain their footing. The one who had been bluffed trips up completely and falls head first on top of his tent! The other guard demolishes his tent, but manages to stay up right.

Pelloth then stealthily glides into the room, and the shadowy figure takes his place next to the table. After laying a curse on a guard, he racks the humans brain and deals psychic agony, bloodying him.

Cain decides on a radical course of action, although to the Kenku it isn't radical at all. He makes a leap of faith. (And at this point I like to imagine Cain flapping his arms madly and going 'Squawk Squawk Squawk!') As he falls through the air, Hars with her perfect timing manages to give the Kenku a squishy landing. It seems that Tharizdun does indeed watch over Cain, (I.E. the dice Gods are on your side) because coupled with his acrobatic skill, and landing on the humans head, both Cain and the guard take 8 damage. The Kenku then rolls off the human to a standing position next to him. After laying an Oath on the surprised and battered man, Cain attempts to Overwhelm him, but comes away with nothing.

(You put vs. Will Joe but it's against AC right? If it was against Will it would hit. Also, since you only took 8 damage from the fall, you may want to retract your Action point ^^)

It's not looking good for the guards as they try to combat the Ambushers. The only uninjured guard left sees the opportunity to gain a flank with the Kenku who had just fallen from the sky. After manuevering to the better position, he takes a powerful swing at Cain. He hits and succeeds in pushing the Kenku away, and the power of the blow dazes him! Upon hearing Hars taunting him, the Guard standing over his broken tent quickly rubs his head from the pain of a Kenku landing on him, and then turns back to fight the changeling. They exchange blows, but Hars proves too much for the soldier. The last human manages to detangle himself from the mess that is now his tent and stand up, returning to the fight with Hars. But despite being engaged by two foes, Hars manages to hold them both at bay.

Gerash and Grashuk may go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
When no more soldiers run out of the building Gerash sighs. He knew this would happen. Walking up beside Grashuk, he looks through the ruined doorway, "What happened to flushing them out?" he asked rhetorically as he raised his orb and fired an arcane projectile a bit half-heartedly into the melee.

((Move to E11, magic missile G3, 17 vs. ref and 10 force damage if it hits))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:50 pm
"Looks like they are either hartier than I planned, or they have figured they are going to die, and decided to do so on their feet facing their death."

If that be the case, why not give them what they want? Running to the nearest foe, Grashuk brought his b*****d sword down, cutting deeply into his leg, hobbling him for future attacks.

Quote:
Move Action: move to the nearest position I can attack from.
Standard Action: Warlord's Favor on nearest foe. 21 vs AC, 18 damage, and Hars gets +2 to the next attack against the target.

iDragow

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 am
"Oh be kind, Grashuk, I'm sure they would run if I'd let them!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 am
B-E--E-----------------------------------B---------------G4------P-B
C-E--D-----------------------------------B-------P---Ta------H---P-C
D-E--D-----------------------------------------------C-----------P-D
E-E--E---------------------------Ge--------------------------------P-E
F-P--P-----------------------------------B-----------Gr--G2------P-F
H----------------------------------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-H

Initiative Order
1. Hars 24hp, marked by G4, marking G3 and G4 Initiative
3. Cain 36hp, Oath'ing G3 and is dazed (save ends)
4. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2 has 18 damage, G3 has 39 damage, is marked by Hars, is cursed by Pelloth, is Oath'd by Cain and is bloodied G4 has 39 damage, is marked by Hars, is marking Hars, is prone and is bloodied
5. Gerash
6. Grashuk
7. Daelos

Despite the lack of effort, Gerash's bolt of force managed to strike the human squarely in the back, knocking him flat on face, never to stand again...

And Grashuk heads inside and manages to take a chunk of flesh out of a previously unwounded guard. His attack also gives Hars a good opportunity to attack the surprised man. ((Har's actually gets a +4 to an attack roll next turn against this foe, due to your tactical presence))

Daelos draws another dagger and launches it across the table at the enemy fighting Hars. It strikes true and pierces the flesh of the Valletan guardsman.

Hars, Pelloth and Cain may go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am
[Aura: 4]

As the guards continue to fall, Pelloth feels the power of his shadow growing within himself. Cursing the fallen guard, he lets loose an eldritch blast into him. His damage wrought, moves away once more to stand beside the elf, hoping he would be dumb enough to attempt a strike against the drow.

Quote:
Minor: Curse G4

Standard: Eldritch Blast on G4 - 15 v Ref, if hit he takes 19 damage.

Move: 2S and 1SW ending in F14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:13 am
Hars blows a kiss to the prone man lying tangled in his own tent and mind-raped by Pelloth. "And I'm off! Ta!"

Hars takes a step and a leap, landing opposite Grashuk((Shifts south, Blade Vault grants shift two more squares))

Without flourish she drives her oathblade into the guard.((Blade Vault @ 26 vs AC, 19 damage to G2, if he lives he's marked))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:11 am
Cain was still a bit woosy from the fall, but he could hear his team mates controlling the situation. He just needed a minute to compose himself, that was all. He stood where he was, feebly putting his weight from one leg to the other. His legs hurt a bit, but they've been worse. The cracking noise turned out to be the guard. Maybe it was a bone, maybe it was something in his pocket. Either way, Gerash made short work of the pathetic excuse for a soldier.

Quote:
Standard:
Total defence.

Post Turn:
Saved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:04 am
B-E--E-----------------------------------B-----------------------P-B
C-E--D-----------------------------------B-----------Ta----------P-C
D-E--D-------------------------------G5------CW------C-----------P-D
E-E--E---------------------------Ge----------------------G4--G2--P-E
F-P--P-----------------------------------B---P-------Gr------H---P-F
H----------------------------------------B---I---K---K---E---E---P-H

Initiative Order
1. Hars 20hp, marked by G4, marking G2 and is bloodied
3. Cain 36hp, Oath'ing G3 and is total defence
4. Captain Warrik is marking Grashuk
5. Humans G1 has 42 damage, is cursed by Pelloth and is bloodied, G2 has 37 damage, is marked by Hars, has 10 temp. hp and is bloodied, G3 has 39 damage, is cursed by Pelloth, is Oath'd by Cain and is bloodied G4 has 39 damage, is marking Hars, is cursed by Pelloth, is prone, has 10 temp. hp and is bloodied G5 is marking Gerash
6. Gerash 22hp, and is marked by G5 Initiative
7. Grashuk 25hp, and is marked by Captain Warrik
8. Daelos

After nimbly repositioning herself, Hars easily pierces the soft flesh of the guard. He lets out a howl as your blade retreats, causing a gush of blood to flow out of his lower back.

Meanwhile, Pelloth's blast of Eldritch energy narrowly missed the prone soldier since he was sort of hidden in the mess that used to be a tent. ((Also, shouldn't your Aura only be 2 since only two guards have fallen? :S))

Cain, feeling a bit dazed decides to concentrate on defending himself for once, at least until he cleared his head.

The humans were now seriously outnumbered, with only two of them left...until...Around the corner of the keep, Gerash sees another man appear. He is wearing plate armour and wielding a halberd. His face is one of disgust and he says to Gerash, "What the ******** are you?" From inside, one of the soldiers shouts, "The captain's here! Captain Warrik!" The captain, seeing that Gerash poses no melee threat, nips past the wizard and goes inside the keep. He then shouts, "We have not lost yet men, have faith!" which seems to rejuvinate the guards still standing. Then, with his longarm weapon the captain swipes at Grashuk. His aim is good at Grashuk feels the halberd sting across his back. Warrik is filled with rage, (and an action point) he shouts at the Bugbear, "And get away from my men!" He lifts his Halberd up and attempts to hook it over Grashuk's shoulder. But this time the Warlord is prepared and manages to avoid the attack.

There is also more reinforcements! Following just being the captain is another soldier. Hmm, along with the one Hars killed at the beginning, that equals a squad of seven, like Torchbearer said. The new soldier runs up to Gerash and swipes his sword, cutting the decrepit flesh of the wizard. Inspired by their Captain, the two bloodied soldiers inside both attack with renewed vigor. Deciding not to ignore a mark, G2 attempts to carve a chunk out of the beautiful but deadly Hars. But the changeling is too good for him and deflects his attack, afterwards the human shifts out of his dangerous position. The guard lying down gets up, and lets out a battle cry before charging towards Hars, giving Cain a chance to attack him. When he reaches Hars, he wildly swings his sword and hits! But the attack is weak and only deals four damage. Despite that, Hars is now bleeding from an open wound.

Cain make an OA, and then Gerash and Grashuk may go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:00 am
[[19vsAC, 5 damage]]  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash