Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
About being pro-life or pro-choice... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now, are you pro-life or pro-choice?
  Pro-life [if so, I want to see what happens if you get impregnated as a result of rape]
  Pro-choice [I agree.]
View Results

ashleyjordan

Beloved Worshipper

9,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:16 pm
I see the vadality of your arguement yet at the same time I find how you construed the issue to be quite judgemental of people who are Pro-Life

The reason why I am Pro-Life is simply because I believe that all life is precious. We, no one on earth has the authority to take that wonderful gift of life away. It is inhumane to murder an innocent child that has done no wrong and has no way to protect itself.

I understand if it is a case of rape, then I believe some mercy is in order for it is not because of the girl's choice to be involved with that sort of situation. My problem is with all of the teenagers who frolic willy-nilly without thinking of the consequences of their actions and wind up being pregnant then they freak out because they don't want anyone to know about their affair, they can not take care of the child or they just to not want to deal with the problem and so they destroy all evidence. It's just upsetting because abortion should not have to be an issue. Girls need to have more respect for themselves, not give themselves away to piggish men who just use and drop them once they've finished their conquest. Being sexually active is the cause of all this...it creates unwanted childbirth, diseases, death, pain, heartache, ruined relationships and ultimately, multiple problems that no one intended or dreamed would happen to them. You will be blest for saving yourself from all this strife by waiting for that one special person who intends to be united to you for the rest of your life.

Sorry for the long speech, all I'm saying is that life is precious no matter what. I think that there are certain times when abortion could possibly be an option such as rape or incest but honestly, maybe that was your destiny to have that child? Who knows, yet I would not want to be responsible for the death of a child who was unwillingly created by some offending creep who was crude enough to take advantage of a woman. I think that you should bare with the growing child for 9 months, give birth and then give it up for adoption, that way you no longer have it in your life, your child survives and you will still be free to go about your life.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:04 pm
ashleyjordan
I see the vadality of your arguement yet at the same time I find how you construed the issue to be quite judgemental of people who are Pro-Life

The reason why I am Pro-Life is simply because I believe that all life is precious. We, no one on earth has the authority to take that wonderful gift of life away. It is inhumane to murder an innocent child that has done no wrong and has no way to protect itself.

I understand if it is a case of rape, then I believe some mercy is in order for it is not because of the girl's choice to be involved with that sort of situation. My problem is with all of the teenagers who frolic willy-nilly without thinking of the consequences of their actions and wind up being pregnant then they freak out because they don't want anyone to know about their affair, they can not take care of the child or they just to not want to deal with the problem and so they destroy all evidence. It's just upsetting because abortion should not have to be an issue. Girls need to have more respect for themselves, not give themselves away to piggish men who just use and drop them once they've finished their conquest. Being sexually active is the cause of all this...it creates unwanted childbirth, diseases, death, pain, heartache, ruined relationships and ultimately, multiple problems that no one intended or dreamed would happen to them. You will be blest for saving yourself from all this strife by waiting for that one special person who intends to be united to you for the rest of your life.

Sorry for the long speech, all I'm saying is that life is precious no matter what. I think that there are certain times when abortion could possibly be an option such as rape or incest but honestly, maybe that was your destiny to have that child? Who knows, yet I would not want to be responsible for the death of a child who was unwillingly created by some offending creep who was crude enough to take advantage of a woman. I think that you should bare with the growing child for 9 months, give birth and then give it up for adoption, that way you no longer have it in your life, your child survives and you will still be free to go about your life.

if all life is precious, then stop stepping on grass. Stop MOVING, seeing as there are BILLIONS of tiny microscoping bugs and organisms floating around, and you kill some with each movement. Never swat a fly again. If life is THAT precious to you then you basically can't be alive :/ A developing fetus isn't a human. It doesn't have thoughts, feelings, memories, emotions, etc. Late term abortions are wrong, because that's when it IS a baby. But within the first 2-3 months, there's nothing wrong. Again, it's a life form and not a human.

Let's see YOUR viewpoint of this if you ever got raped and pregnant. You wouldn't be so "Yeah well you should deal with the pregnancy and just give it up for adoption" anymore.  

The_Brightest_Moon

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:04 pm
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
You can be both pro-life and pro-choice. It is possible. In other words, for example, personally I'm pro-life, I don't think it is right to take something's life. I could never do it myself. However politically I don't think it's right to take away someone's right to choice. Everyone deserves a choice especially in cases of rape.

I think it's wrong to demonize women who do get an abortion. I think it's horrendous when people demonize teenagers for getting an abortion done. To get an abortion done takes a lot of emotional strength. Demonizing them does not give them strength or compassion but it causes more problems for them. More stress. That is something they should not have to go through. Instead of calling them names, saying horrible things about their reasons like saying "they're going willy nilly" etc, why not do the adult and responsible thing and give them compassion? I mean really.

Sorry but lately that's all I've been hearing. I'm sick of the condemnation.

Also late-term abortions according to the AMA or the American Medical Association, are to only be performed when the mother's life is endangered or when the fetus has a very serious life threatening diseases. A doctor cannot do a late term condition unless the situation is very grave. If he does, not only is he endangering the mother but the well fetus' life. And he's risking his own liscence to boot.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:29 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
You can be both pro-life and pro-choice. It is possible. In other words, for example, personally I'm pro-life, I don't think it is right to take something's life. I could never do it myself. However politically I don't think it's right to take away someone's right to choice. Everyone deserves a choice especially in cases of rape.

I think it's wrong to demonize women who do get an abortion. I think it's horrendous when people demonize teenagers for getting an abortion done. To get an abortion done takes a lot of emotional strength. Demonizing them does not give them strength or compassion but it causes more problems for them. More stress. That is something they should not have to go through. Instead of calling them names, saying horrible things about their reasons like saying "they're going willy nilly" etc, why not do the adult and responsible thing and give them compassion? I mean really.

Sorry but lately that's all I've been hearing. I'm sick of the condemnation.

Also late-term abortions according to the AMA or the American Medical Association, are to only be performed when the mother's life is endangered or when the fetus has a very serious life threatening diseases. A doctor cannot do a late term condition unless the situation is very grave. If he does, not only is he endangering the mother but the well fetus' life. And he's risking his own liscence to boot.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

Agreed (about late term). Unless it's life threatening, late term abortions are wrong. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with abortions  

The_Brightest_Moon

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:32 pm
pidgezero_one
People who support abortion "only when she's raped" are not pro-life OR pro-choice. They're not pro-life, because life becomes secondary to whether or not they approve of the woman's sex life. They're not pro-choice, because pro-choice does not mean "you get a choice when I choose to feel sympathetic".

This is a great point. I agree completely.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:35 pm
User Image
If I put my hands around your wrists, would you fight them?
If I put my fingers in your mouth, would you bite them?

I'm very pro-choice.

If a woman wants to have an abortion, it's not anyone's business but hers.

Cyanidette

greeness

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:39 pm
I can only condone abortion if continuing the pregnancy will severely harm the mother and/or child. and I can't think of any reason that would be right now. a rape victim should keep the child if they can. if not, there is adoption.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm
greeness
I can only condone abortion if continuing the pregnancy will severely harm the mother and/or child. and I can't think of any reason that would be right now. a rape victim should keep the child if they can. if not, there is adoption.

Ok, so lets see if YOU get raped and still wanna keep the kid, raise it as if they were not the result of a horrible deed, and as if they were made with someone you love. See if YOU still wanna have that thing grow in you. Lets' see how you would feel.  

The_Brightest_Moon

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:33 pm
The_Brightest_Moon
greeness

Ok, so lets see if YOU get raped and still wanna keep the kid, raise it as if they were not the result of a horrible deed, and as if they were made with someone you love. See if YOU still wanna have that thing grow in you. Lets' see how you would feel.

I agree, being raped is punishment enough. No girl should be forced to carry some b*****d's child.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:35 pm
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Candy Flavored Kittens
I am your Mord Sith

Yeah, and its selfish of you for thinking that a girl should have a kid that she doesn't even want. Rape is punishment enough and it would be cruel to make her have that bastards kid.

Call me selfish, call me a monster. I have no morals and I really don't care about what you think of me. I'm pro choice and if I get knocked up before I want to, you can bet your sweet a** that I'm going to abort the little ********. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Mord, I love you, hahahaha.
And I agree, even if abortion was illegal and I got knocked up, I'd probably find a way to either miscarriage or abort it myself. I wouldn't want it any time soon. I'm not going to suffer for 9 ******** months over some thing I don't even want.

I'd have my man falcon punch me if that was the case. We've talked about it and he has no problem with giving me a surprise abortion if it were to become illegal.

I wish I had a man like that. Haha.
When I was with my ex-boyfriend he said he wouldn't mind being the one to slide the coat hanger up my thigh. But I told him that I would have preferred a falcon punch.

If arron ever had to Falcon punch me, he said that he hopes that its just as dramatic as this

User Image

If he ever has to falcon punch you he should totally wear a costume like that. It would add to the epicness.

He plans on it.  

Matron Mord Sith

greeness

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:36 pm
I am your Mord Sith
The_Brightest_Moon
greeness

I agree, being raped is punishment enough. No girl should be forced to carry some b*****d's child.
my sister is doing so right now smile
she's about five months along. drugged and raped by a friend.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:40 pm
greeness
I am your Mord Sith
The_Brightest_Moon
greeness

More power to her, I honestly don't care. JUst because your sister is going through with it doesn't mean the rest of the female population should. If it were me, I'd abort the little brat via falcon punch. I've got to much to live for and I'm not going ******** everything up now by getting knocked up.  

Matron Mord Sith

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:57 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith

I'd have my man falcon punch me if that was the case. We've talked about it and he has no problem with giving me a surprise abortion if it were to become illegal.

I wish I had a man like that. Haha.
When I was with my ex-boyfriend he said he wouldn't mind being the one to slide the coat hanger up my thigh. But I told him that I would have preferred a falcon punch.

If arron ever had to Falcon punch me, he said that he hopes that its just as dramatic as this

User Image

If he ever has to falcon punch you he should totally wear a costume like that. It would add to the epicness.

He plans on it.

Sweet. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 pm
I am your Mord Sith
greeness
I am your Mord Sith
The_Brightest_Moon
greeness

More power to her, I honestly don't care. JUst because your sister is going through with it doesn't mean the rest of the female population should. If it were me, I'd abort the little brat via falcon punch. I've got to much to live for and I'm not going ******** everything up now by getting knocked up.
I'm just stating my opinion. not trying to shove it down your throat. I was pro choice for a long time. but as of right now, I'm not.  

greeness

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Building the Army 50

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:04 pm
greeness
I am your Mord Sith
greeness
I am your Mord Sith
The_Brightest_Moon
greeness

I'm just stating my opinion. not trying to shove it down your throat. I was pro choice for a long time. but as of right now, I'm not.

What made you switch from pro-choice to pro-life?  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff