Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:48 pm
Well would you guys rather have two controllers (which I'd probably opt for a druid razor claw shifter) Or two leaders the aforementioned bard. Is anyone opposed to me being a succubus I understand if you don't want a slutty vixen on your team. I can always go with a different race pretty quickly.
Also I can tell that you all have been doing this for a while. I want you all to know I'm still pretty new at this so be patient with me...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:53 pm
I was not even aware succubi were statted as a player race in 4e.

But if you have a level 18 character ready to go, just use that I'd say, since it seems like we can start as soon as your character sheet is done  

Genericho

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:57 pm
I wasn't I did a 22 point buy and just got the plus 2 to charisma and intelligence.
but I don't know if Reeve trusts Winged Demons DMing so I think I have some editing to do before it's acceptable >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:59 pm
Maybe you should post your sheet so we can all help look at it and assist with making it game-ready.

Did Reeve tell you that succubus was okay? If she has no problem I'm sure no one else does. It sounds like just a tiefling without racial abilities or feats.  

Genericho

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:21 pm
>.< I know the avi is deceiving but Reeve isnt a girl
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=151339

that's it though. Everything is from approved books and I used the 22 point buy. But there was a little melding the creature in the MM into a usable race.
It was actually done for The Everlasting Struggle game but it never took off and she just sat in the dust bin...
she got *charming kiss* as her racial ability and the shape shifting being that is the whole point behind her... I think I put everything in the racial block.
But I suppose it would be pretty simple to switch her to a tiefling pretty quickly  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:40 pm
Doppleganger also fits the shapechanging as well, and for the same stat boosts  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:42 pm
It does, and I wouldn't mind playing one... but would that be anymore okay then the succubus?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:46 pm
It would be much more okay, Dopples have a PC statblock in the back of the MM, as well as a full race entry in Eberron Player's Guide  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:50 pm
The succubus have a stat block in the MM, it's on page 67 me and reeve are discussing the adaption and I don't have Eberron Player's Guide. I am open to switching over to the doppelganger but I don;t know how I would get the race information.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:53 pm
What Arc means is that doppelgangers have a stat block for use as a player race at the very end of the monster manual, along with a handful of other monsters, which is a separate thing from just having a monster entry  

Genericho

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:54 pm
Are you familiar with the appendix in the back of the MM? the one with many monsters statted as PC races? Dopplegangers are in there, Succubi are not.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:19 pm
Nope! Like I said very noob-sih I only have the four basic books and I haven't had a chance to read them all through completely. I will have to look over that though when I get home from work (my laptop doesn't have the books on it)
It didn't seem like Reeve was against the idea he just want to make sure my character is fair and not loaded up with extra special powers.
Like I said not against changing I just don't want to feel like I'm holding things up either. I would be fine with you guys starting with out me. I can make a fashionably late entry  

Bound Birdie

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 am
Its' truly not a matter of trusting WingedDemonVM's DMing, its' just a matter of difference of opinion. Everyone has a different opinion on things being 'balanced' among the other characters/races available.

Anyway.

I've whipped up a stat block for the Succubus for the time being, (feedback requested; posted it elsehwere so this thread doesn't get cluttered with discussion admist the game), but have asked that a different race (or new character.. the former preferred) be used instead - but I've also said I will allow the racial block I've provided assuming nobody else has any problem with it.

Still, it seems all likely it will take a few days to resolve this.. so I will be starting the game soon (as soon as I take the turns for the monsters ahead of you guys), and Bound Birdie's character will just come in on round x/whenever it is ready. I don't think enough harm will be done in the first few rounds to make the need for a second healer required, but I'm sure someone fresh jumping in later will be.. useful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 am
[ Doorway to Chaos; Part I: Battle of the Portal (Introduction) ]

You pull open the wooden doors before you, and step into the room.. and find yourselves facing down well over a dozen beasts of various shapes, and sizes amid a room full of pillars, glowing crystals, and a massive portal.

At the forefront, amid four pillars are two kinds of beasts lingering over bodies of fallen men, women, and children - no doubt villagers from the nearby town. They tear apart the dead, while some feast on their entrails. One type of beast is roughly humanoid, hunched over with decayed red flesh. Two glowing red eyes, a long tongue, and claws are their most distinguishing features aside from the faint mist which they seem to exhale from their mouth. The other beast is a four-legged canine-like beast, having no eyes but a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth and an extremely long tongue which they seem to use to drag bits of food into their massive jaws. Gold and black armor covers most of their body, with golden spikes coming off the top.

Past them, on the left and right side of the area are a pair of two different monsters. One appears to be nothing more than a massive pillar of flame, though as it turns to face your group, you are able to make out a demonic horned face with fire where its' eyes and mouth should be, and several skeletal hands. The other is a large, fat blue-skinned horned creature with red eyes and a gaping mouth of crooked, jagged teeth. Its' belly is massive and red, with faces seemingly trying to burst out from it. In one of its' hands is a chunk of red flesh, appearing to be torn from its' belly - it holds it as though it was going to throw it.

Up the center of the area stands a massive fur-covered beast. Its' maw is full of teeth sharpened to a point, though with its' large fists and bulk you don't think it uses its' teeth for anything but eating the flesh of anything it pummels. On its' wrists, fingers, and various other parts of its' body are golden braclets and rings. Standing just behind him is a monster made of brimstone and fire, having the upper body ofa humanoid and a long stone tail like a snake on its' lower half. Fire spouts from its' eyes, and it appears to be holding blazing chunks of brimstone.

At the very back of the room, you can see a raised platform with 3 stairs leading up to a red portal surging with energy. Electricity streaks across it in all directions, and it constantly grows and shrinks in size as if unstable. Occasionally a burst of lightning flies from the portal, striking glowing red crystals atop stone pedestals which then arcs to any nearby pedestal before fizzling out when it strikes the wall, or the stone pillars these focusing crystals are scattered around. Cultists in brown robes stand with outstreched hands around these crystal pedestals, their chanting audible overtop all the other beasts in the room.

On the platform leading up to the portal, just before it is a humanoid figure. Having heard the doors open, the figure is facing you but shrouded in a brown robe with a hood so you cannot make out who, or what it is. However - you do know that this is the one you have been seeking, for you saw her flee into the fortress when you encountered resistance outside.

[ Battle of the Portal (Combat) ]

The cloaked figure near the portal steps down from the platform, raising up an arm and pointing toward your group with a pale, thin hand as it slips out from under the robes.

"Stall them at all costs! Kill them if you can!" She hisses, repeating the instruction in two other languages (abyssal, and primordial).

At the call, the creature of brimstone and fire steps out from behind the huge one and promptly hurls one of the rocks it held toward your group - however, it is far off target and it slams into the wall above the door, breaking into a bunch of pieces which rain down over you and cause no harm.

The redskinned beasts then drop what body parts they happened to be eating at the time, their attention now on more.. live prey. They rush toward your group, swarming around you and lashing out with their claws. One tears into Toranis, wounding the spellcaster. Three assault Barberie, though only one manages to get its' claw past her defenses. Another strikes out at Sentinel, causing no damage while the final three attack Red Herring - two of them make it past his high defenses, subsiquently getting burned by the fire emanating from him... causing them to explode into a dark purple pulse of energy which causes even greater damage to Red.

[ I rolled these attacks with my own dice, so my above reply was not lost amid a bunch of rolls. All future rolls will be made in this thread, and I request all yours be as well. ;p

@Red Herring: 24 damage total from 2 hits, 1 miss. 14 untyped (7 each hit), 10 necrotic (5 each 'boom') You are also immobilized (save ends).
@Sentinel: 1 attack, missed.
@Toranis: 1 attack, hit - 7 damage. You are also immobilized (save ends).
@Barberie: 3 attacks; 2 miss, 1 hit - 7 damage. You are also immobilized (save ends).

G1 & G2.. have exploded!

Knowledge Checks: If anyone wishes to make one, Arcana applies to 5 of the creatures, Religion to one other.
Cultists: There are cultists around the focusing crystals, but they are considered noncombatants/NPCs. There are three at each one, consider them minions in terms of statistics if you are feeling.. mean.

[ Initiative - Round 1 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R
[33] RD
[28] G3, G4, G5, G6, G7, G8
[28] Sentinel | Turn |
[27] Toranis [7 Damage] | Turn |
[26] G
[25] S1, S2
[23] Xavier
[20] C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8
[18] I1, I2
[16] Soveliss
[14] Barberie [7 Damage]
[12] Red Herring [24 Damage]

Round 1: Sentinel, Toranis - Go! ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Genericho rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Genericho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:10 am
Arcana check

6 + 21 = 27  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items