Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
canon or fic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanfic or canon?
  fanfic ^_^
  canon -.- (can you tell i'm biased? XD)
View Results

LilMeady

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:45 am
Canon and I don't get along. Mainly since HBP was such a disappointment and really I have no interest in canon couples.

I agree with wonky about Harry's Draco obssession. I kept using it as proof to show my mother that it was possible Harry's gay.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:29 pm
LilMeady
Canon and I don't get along. Mainly since HBP was such a disappointment and really I have no interest in canon couples.

I agree with wonky about Harry's Draco obssession. I kept using it as proof to show my mother that it was possible Harry's gay.

I really wish that JKR would get over the social pressure and just . . . write a gay couple. (Or, past tense, wrote.) There would be a lot of bigoted people who would bash her for it, but I think it would do wonders for children reading the books -- she's already changed literary standards, why not go for tolerance towards gays as well?

I just think she's in such a position of power that she could use some of it to bring about some good social change.  

wonkyspoon

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:54 pm
my otp is generally considered crackslash, so ff all the way  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm
It depends on the book for me I mean I hated the fifth one I wasn't particularly fond of the sixth either. But I love the third and the seventh {even if the trio are retards}. But it's more likely to see me reading ff than the actually books. But then my family gets mad at me cause I'm always reading slash never a straight couple in there.  

SplitDemonIdentity

xThe Bloodyx

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:33 pm
After the last book, I must say that I have put most of my stock into fanfiction. At least there I can get exactly what I want without any type of bad happening.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 pm
Yeah, I have to agree. I really did not like the canon pairings. I hate Harry x Ginny. If he had to get with a girl I'd rather it was Hermione or even Cho (although Tonks might have might have been cute for him).
As for Lupin x Tonks. I hate that pair too. Some of my friends said there were hints to that pairing, but I didn't see them before the seventh book. (although hey, I read the others a long time ago, so maybe I don't remember) But before I read the seventh book I was reading some fanfiction where they were together and I thought that was the most random why-would-anyone-think-of-that pairing. Then I find out it's canon. wtf. I think I'll just stick to my Snape x Harry fanfics.  

Wrath Phoenix

inmypod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:03 pm
I'm probably one of the few who actually liked all the books, but come on guys, it's HER story, not ours. That's why fanfiction exists....so we can correct her mistakes razz

But srsly, there are some things I wish she didn't write into the stories but all that aside I thought it was a good story. Not GREAT, but good.

as to the canon pairings

harry/ginny-no thank you. the only girl I ever liked him with was Luna [they soooo gave each other a look in the movie xd ]

-remus/tonks-WTF eek never saw that coming. i dont see how they go well together but I can live with it.

-snape/lily-SO ADORABLE and sad! favorite canon pairing heart

and i agree that it would have been a very brave move of rowling to write in ANY gay pairings but crying sadly she didn't crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:27 pm
I've honestly thought since I first read it that Cassie Claire's Draco series would be worth more money. It's just about the only het fanfic I like but... ITs great.

I would pay the writer of "The Mirror of Maybe" to finish that story. I fell in love with it but she hasn't written the last few chapters in like three years... I cared more about the end of tha tthen canon forever...  

Haydn Phoenix

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:24 pm
Not. Typing. Much.
Fandom or Canon?

Fandom > Canon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:55 pm
i like fanfic better because it's more fun.
it's more exciting and interesting than canon,
'specially where pairings are considered.
for example, you'd never find s/r in rowling's book.
[almost, tho ; D]
&& you certainly won't find any s&m harry/snape,
loti.

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

faeriesandfools

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 am
Slash and Fan Fic or wayyyyy better!!!!

They're soooo prettttyyy!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:21 pm
xXbubbllesXx
Slash and Fan Fic or wayyyyy better!!!!

They're soooo prettttyyy!!!

perfectly said :B

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Zelenyee Milaya

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:32 am
Me + Cannon = No-no

Why? Well because I think her books are okay, not 'awesome' just okay. I don't like HarryxGinny. I my eyes she is/was nothing but a fangirl. It even says somewhere in the books that when she was little she wanted to marry Harry. But I know it doesn't work that way -.-;;.

In my eyes I starting thinking the fanfiction was cannon or at least why the hell wasn't it? Why read a boring (in my eyes) book the JK wrote when theres a slash fangirl out there that just made a great 'can't-wait-for-the-next-chapter" story? One that WILL catch my eye?

It's mad I tell you, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:52 pm
In my opinion SiriusxRemus is Cannon. If JK says any differently she can just go cry in a corner, cause I don't care! mwhahaha!
I've read fan fiction much better than her writting.
books 1-3 are super mega awsome, sure.
Beyond that, they suck. Don't read them, and don't let small children read them. They turned my cynical. ((well... they contributed to it))
Long live the Fannon!!!
or at least the good fannon
heart  

Black_the(last)dogstar

Shi-koi

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:17 pm

I prefer fanon to canon. I loved the first two books, but then everything just seemed to go out of whack, and I still read the books, but I didn't enjoy them as much as the first two, and I ran for fanfiction almost as soon as I put them down.

There's a lot of good about the canon, and I'm grateful and loyal because without the canon, there wouldn't be any fanon in the first place. But I get much more enjoyment from reading fanfiction, doujinshi, and looking at fanart then I do from anything canon. (Except maybe some of the merchandise, like bookmarks, and keyrings, and the mugs which I use to entice visiting friends into joining the fandom.)

Obviously, canon is canon is canon. That's it. It's done. There's no change.

Fanon however, keeps changing. You can go to a website and find a hundred HP fics, and each one will be so completely different that it boggles the mind. It's fun! More fun than canon. Plus, I get all the slash and crossovers I need for my addiction. 3nodding

HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff