Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 pm
User Image

User Image

Jacob was knocked down by the angry redhead, and he barely missed another hit to his side before he kicked the other boy in the gut. Damn, Luke fought dirty! He punched the other boy in the face again, and got socked in the eye for his trouble. He kicked off Luke finally, and managed to stand up before he got punched in the mouth. Damn, the kid had a good right hook in him. Spitting blood, he barely avoided a kick at his bad leg before he punched the other boy in the face again, exchanging bloody lip for bloody lip.

----------------------------------
State: Pissed
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 pm
User Image
User Image
Single Former Gryffindor Arithmancy Professor Werewolf Quidditch Fanatic

So we’ve been outnumbered, raided, and now cornered
It’s hard to fight when the fight ain’t fair
We’re getting stronger now, find things they never found

••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••

ᗩḰᓮᖇᗩ walked towards the Great Hall. Her stomach was growling, and she could smell dinner from here. Baked chicken, pork ribs, and, oh! Roasted duck! The werewolf licked her lips, anxious to sink her teeth into the meat that awaited her in the Hall. However, she never made it to the Hall. Stopping in the Antechamber, Akira set eyes on two young Gryffindor's, fighting it out and not holding back. "Hey! You two! Stop it right now!" she said as she rushed over to them, stepping between them. A hand on each of their chests added with her werewolf strength pushed them apart and held them in place so she could glare cyan daggers down at them both. "Just what do you two think you're doing? Fighting in the Antechamber? Outrageous!" Akira knew she had to take disciplinary actions, but she hated being the bad guy... Oh well. These two needed some straightening out. "For making such a horrible example of your house, fifty points will be taken from each of you. I understand that's one hundred points from Gryffindor in the long run, but I think you two need to learn a lesson from this. Also, you both will serve detention in my office tonight. Is that clear?" This was the voice that she tended to use with Iris at times, but it wasn't used very often. Only for matters such as these, when scolding had to be done. "Go to the Hospital Wing and get cleaned up, and do not let me catch you two fighting again. Is that understood?" The wolf's eyes were sharp by this point. Sharp, and cold.

••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••

They might be bigger, but we’re faster and never scared
You can walk away, say we don’t need this
But there’s something in your eyes, says we can beat this

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 pm
User Image
Adalaide Blythe
Daughter & Sister // Fourth Year Hufflepuff // Wearing at The Black Lakespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chrisspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, God, I am such a brilliant bloody moron, aren't I?' spacespac

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs...'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide brushed past Chris as she walked into the Castle, and a thought struck her, something odd about his comment about finding her Dorm. Her nervous, desperate for an out mind clung to it, and she asked, rather quickly, her words almost bleeding together, "Wait, you've never been to the kitchens? I don't even sneak around after hours and I've been to the kitchens." She paused, pursing her lips. She'd thought it was basically a right of passage for students to figure out how to get in the kitchens. As far as she knew, everyone did it. Or at least tried. She'd discovered the way in on accident, placing her hand on the portrait and tapping her fingers against the pear, causing it to laugh and the door to open. Not that she hadn't been trying to get in, quite the contrary, she'd been tapping her fingers in frustration, trying to think of what the password could possibly be, since it hadn't been anything she or Michelle had thought of thus far. That'd been first year... her eyes widened as she realized how long ago that had been. And if a goody two-shoes like her had gotten in the kitchens, surely a guy sneaking around all hours of the night to meet some girl would have at least tried at some point? "I thought everyone went to the kitchens. Like, everyone," she said, trying to get her thoughts to stray away from the mystery girl.

'As they tried to teach me how to dance.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))
** Exit to the Atrium **

Monday: Potions Tuesday: Transfiguration, Alchemy Wednesday: Art, Charms, Divination, Mythology Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures, Ghoul and Ghost Studies, Herbology, Astronomy Friday: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 pm
User Image

User Image

And now I walk a lonely road...

Chris blinked when Ada had asked him about Gracie. Well, he'd never said who it was. Heck, for all he knew, Gracie was one of her friends."A fourth year Ravenclaw. Her name's Gracie, actually. We, um, kinda met over the summer, and she's been like my little sister, only with less snark." Entering the Antechamber, he looked around, taking in everything. He really wanted to go to the Great Hall and look at the celing, or go explore the moving staircases. Heck, he even wanted to see one of the common rooms. When she asked about not being to the kitchens, he blinked. "Um, well, no. I went to another school." Great, now his shame at being born a squib was showing. He swallowed nervously. "I mean, I know people that have gone to Hogwarts, or are currently going, but I never attended." He moved a bit faster, trying not to let his own shame show. It hadn't bothered him in a while, so why now?

With no light to guide my way.

--------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: Exit to the Basement
--------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 am
User Image
Adalaide Blythe
Daughter & Sister // Fourth Year Hufflepuff // Wearing at The Black Lakespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Chrisspacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, God, I am such a brilliant bloody moron, aren't I?' spacespac

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs...'

Adalaide tried to ignore the surge of relief when he said that he was meeting Gracie, and said she'd been like his little sister. That meant he couldn't possibly like her, right? Although, it was sort of hard to imagine Gracie as being less snarky than anyone, excep maybe her cousin. She was pretty in your face. Ada frowned. She hadn't really seen Gracie in any lessons all year, except Astronomy and Ghoul and Ghost Studies. What was that about, anyway? She was going to flunk everything. "You should tell her to go to her lessons. She's hardly been to any of them all year." Ada realized that it would probably be in the best interest of sneaking around for her to shut up now. Nothing would get them caught quicker than being loud. She decided to shut her mouth right around the time she realized that he'd said he didn't attend Hogwarts. If he didn't go to school here, what was he doing here? Aside from meeting with Gracie, of course, but surely he hadn't come to the school just for a late night meeting with her? She scowled a bit. That would be something a person would totally do... for their girlfriend, not their sister. She shoved that thought away into a dark corner. It was't the important part. The important part was that he didn't go to Hogwarts, and yet, here he was, sneaking around the grounds after dark. She had a brief moment of panic, but consoled herself by saying that anyone Gracie trusted enough to meet late at night couldn't be dangerous or bad to be around. Gracie wasn't a stupid girl, after all. Even if she was going to fail for skipping every single class, all year long. Ada kept walking with Chris, following his lead, keeping to shadows and mimicking his movements, although she couldn't help but notice that he was much quieter than she. It seemed odd, but she wrote it off to him being used to sneaking about. Who knew how many times he'd been here, after all? Without anyone ever knowing. If he'd gotten caught, surely he wouldn't be here now, after all. It took an insane amount of willpower to keep from asking the millions of questions bobbing around in her mind, but she kept telling herself that A, it would be rude to ask, and B, they were supposed to be being quiet, so she needed to keep her questions to herself.

'As they tried to teach me how to dance.'

User Image

** Exit to the Basement **

Monday: Potions Tuesday: Transfiguration, Alchemy Wednesday: Art, Charms, Divination, Mythology Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures, Ghoul and Ghost Studies, Herbology, Astronomy Friday: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas led the group of first years into the anti-chamber, the sound of all the older students sounded out from inside the great hall. "Well, first off Welcome to Hogwarts." he said, stopping about a dozen feet from the doors. "Soon, you will enter the Great Hall and be sorted into your houses. Here your house is your family. Do well and you will earn points. Do badly and you will lose points. The houses are Slytherin. Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw. And Gryffindor. Soon you will be sorted into your houses." he said as he looked at the group. I wonder who will be in my house. he thought as he looked at the group. "I will return shortly." he said before disappearing into the hall.

(( Please wait here until Lukas announces Sorting is open ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:17 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable in The Antechamberspace
CURRENTLY WITH // First Yearsspacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh. My. Glob. This is it!' spacespac

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out...

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy stood with the other first years, scarcely believing that this was all real. She was here, at Hogwarts, waiting for her sorting ceremony to begin! In a matter of minutes, the Professor would usher them all through that door, and she'd be in the Great Hall, of all places, and then, not long after that, she'd be sitting on that famous stool, the hat on her head, waiting to see what house she'd be spending the next seven years in. She crossed her fingers, praying she got Gryffindor. She wouldn't mind Ravenclaw that much, after all, she was an artist, but the idea of being in a house known for hitting the books just didn't appeal to her. At least, not as much as the idea of getting sorted into the house of adventurers and history-makers. Seriously, all the best people came from Gryffindor house. And she was ready to begin her journey towards being one of those people. She wanted at least a paragraph in some book of famously awesome witches and wizards. A picture, too, if she could swing it. She bounced on the balls of her feet, her hair and eyes turning orange. She saw the color change and frowned, her expression growing a bit annoyed. Orange? Oh, hell, no. She was so not nervous! She was ready for this, she'd been born for this, her whole life had been nothing but the rehearsal for this single moment... okay, maybe she was nervous. But hey, who wouldn't be? She was about to take the first step towards her destiny; that sort of thing could make anyone, even Gypsy, feel a bit on edge.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          I laugh myself to sleep, it's my lullaby.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm
User Image
Emperors and kings are but obeyed in their several provinces,
but his dominion that exceeds in this...
... stretcheth as far as doth the mind of man.
A sound magician is a demigod.

ɀanderɢarcia
First Year // Unsorted // Wanting to get it over with // Antechamber

Though thou hast now offended like a man, Do not persever in it like a devil.

After the fiasco at the docks was finished and sorted out, Zander followed the rest of the students as they were ushered into the castle. Admittedly the boy was a little excited to see where the dumb old hat would put him. 'Anywhere but Hufflepuff...' The boy thought to himself as he crossed his arms. His parents had told him that Hufflepuff was the house that 'everyone else was put into'. The people who didn't quite fit in, the mediocre bunch. Zander recoiled at the thought of having to associate himself with them. He knew for a fact that he was better than that. Standing off to the side, Zander crossed his arms and waited for the announcement to be made that the students were allowed into the hall.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:29 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Unsorted ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia listened intently to the professor. She vaguely remembered her sister telling her a bit about each of the houses. Hufflepuff was where nicer people tended to go. Gryffindor for the courageous and bold people, like the upperclassmen she and Veronica had spoken to at the platform. Slytherin tended to be where the snobs went, though she hadn't actually said that, Lyre was too nice to say that about people. Then there was Ravenclaw, where all the smart, and strange people tended to go. She wasn't sure which one she would end up in, and honestly didn't have a preference, except she wasn't too sure about Slytherin. According to the information she had managed to gather, it was where the purebloods tended to go, which were kinda snobbish at times, so she'd rather avoid that group if possible. But then again that really wasn't up to her.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Bass the Rabbit Status

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 pm
Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]
House: Unsorted
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Man overboard... at least it wasn't someone from my boat? That would have been probably one of us shoving the other overboard.

User Image
Ronna was relieved that the girl had been fished out of the water so easily and dried. She was glad she gave the girl space. The professor who was able to dry her easily with magic was probably the best to do the job, anyways. After the excitement of the man overboard the Deputy Headmaster showed up to lead them to the antechamber. There he explained the four houses, but said nothing about them. Apparently there was a point system which to Ronna seemed to encourage a rivalry. Then again competition wasn't so bad.

As she glanced around the other students she noticed the girl with the teal hair suddenly having orange hair-not a ginger but a bright crayon colored orange. Ronna stared for a moment and wondered if there was some genetic quirk that made you unable to control your hair color. That was actually a kind of cool thing if it was true. She doubted the girl was using magic at this age to change her hair color. Or at least she assumed not. It seemed like a silly thing to waste magic on if that was the case.

Trying to avoid staring she scanned the crowd trying to figure out what house she would be placed in from the broad bit she did know about the houses. Definitely not Slytherin for a person like her. Ravenclaw like her Dad joked about hoping? Probably not, she was too rash and hardheaded which sometimes got in the way of logic. Though, she'd like to think she handled the boat ride fairly well all things considered. That left Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Did it really matter which? It was just a house, it didn't mean she had to exclusively interact with her house. She frowned and realized she sort of hoped for Gryffindor as the two upperclassmen boys she had met who had been nice were in Gryffindor and they seemed an entertaining sort. She liked to be kept on her toes.

Doing: waiting to be sorted
In Company of: all the current first years but no one in particular
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:05 am
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

First Year ~~~~ ____ House ~~~~~ Eleven Years Old ~~~~ Great Hall Entrance

User Image

As all the students gathered in the Great Hall Entrance, Mory looked around at them all again. The sounds of the other, older students already in the hall could be heard. She wondered how the others reacted to it as she studied the faces around her. It would be normal at some point soon, for all of them to be relatively nervous in one way or another. Some showed that more than others.

Attention was given to the Professor who lead them there once again as he announced what was to come next. To most it was self explanatory, but she assumed it was tradition and there were probably those who didn't know. Mory surveyed the group again for those in mind. She caught the eye of Veronica who seemed to be doing the same as she. Mory smiled, although it wasn't necessarily a friendly smile, but more of one of amusement. She didn't know the girl and wasn't sure if she wanted to know the girl or not, but that was for another time. Mory continued to survey the rest of the group still.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:12 am
User Image
User Image

Jarlath followed after the Professor and joined the crowd of first years. He was excited, nervous, and most of all anxious. Soon he would be sorted. Would he end up in Hufflepuff, like generations of his father's side? Or Would he be in Gryffindor, like his mother? Perhaps Ravenclaw? Wait maybe that wasn't teh best choice for him. He never could focus on anything long. He knew for sure he did not want to go to Slytherin. They would have to drag him kicking and screaming to that house. "Soon." he said as he looked at the double doors that was hiding the very place they would be sorted. Where would I go? he thought as he looked stared.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:27 am
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped back out of the Great Hall. A roll of parchment in her hand. "We are ready." he said as he looked at the group of first years. A smile on his face.

(( Sorting is now Open. ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Eleanora McKenny
Unsorted First year

The breath caught in Nora's throat as she hurried along in between two tables, which were already packed with students. 'How will the rest of us find somewhere to sit?!' she thought, alarmed at the prospect. As she neared the head table, fully lined with teachers of all shapes and colors, she saw empty space at the ends of the tables. She let out a breath; at least she'd have somewhere to sit. 'But which table...?'she gnawed her lip some more, longing for a friend to cling to.

Her heart nearly dropped when the deputy headmaster held up a scroll. Her only consolation was that she could see her aunt from here, at the far edge of the table. At least she knew someone, but a peer would be much better in this situation. Tugging her fiery curls away from her face, she wrung her hands and waited.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Amadeli

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:17 pm
User Image
User Image
Hayden led her new acquaintance into the entry-way of the castle, her kitten still practically attached to her ankles. Glancing around, she found herself surprised at the utter detail of the architecture, but was quickly distracted by the Headmaster demanding their attention.

"Ready to become housemates?" she whispered over her shoulder to Dmitri. Each syllable was diluted with confidence, and even though she knew the answer to her question, she would have loved to hear him say it. However, as she turned around to peak at him, he was no longer there. Before she could feel any disappointment though, they were all ushered into the Great Hall to be sorted, and her thoughts were rushed off into another direction.

[[Exit to The Sorting Hat]]

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas