Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
..::[The Sad Cafe]::..|Accepting&&Open| Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This cafe doesn't actually exist.
  I know. haha.
  WHAT!? I've been liiiiied tooooo.....
View Results

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:16 pm
"♪♫Whəⁿ I Rΰιə тħə W¤гιd, I'll plant flowers."

Ezra put the tissues back in her lap." I'm all ear too, and keep it. You may need them. Tissues do come in handy." Ezra softly chuckled. He had more than plenty to spare. He put his book away and took a sip of his coffee." What's your name? It's obviously not 'Homesick.' Unless it is, then my dearest apologies." Ezra smiled and looked over at Roanon.

"When I rule the world, I'll have SNAKES!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:26 pm
Roanan nodded, understanding her caution. "Well, at least you have your family here with you, right? And, no matter what happens, family is family, you still love them for who they are, despite their faults and all. Now other people? Different story, of course." He said, a smile spreading across his face. "Some chose to let lose their own frustrations upon others. They think it feels good and keep going until finally it comes back and bites them in the a**. And then there are those who are the friendliest people in the world, willing to help no matter what, yet they feel too insecure to let their true kindness show. And they suffer." He spoke, without realizing it. He didn't notice how he was rambling, but he was. At this point, his fingers were moving on their own, stringing together different songs and solos. A small smile played across his face, though it was laced with a bit of...something. Something to take the rosy color out of his smile, something to ice down the warmth of his normal gaze. But, it was gone in an instant, as he paused to take another sip. "Mmm, I'm a sucker for sweet things..." He said with a grin.

Drunken_Ninja08

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Ezra started to think about his family when Roanan talked about family. He could feel the tears well up in his eyes. He tried hard to not cry, not let the first tear drop down his smooth cheek, but it happened anyways. When the first tear came down he felt himself rush to the restroom not wanting anyone to see him like that, even if most of them were strangers. He didn't say a word when he left. He simply just left.

" Why? WHY? WHY!?" Ezra almost yelled as he banged his fist on the wall. HE turned his back to the wall and fell in to a ball against it. He didn't try to stop the tears, he didn't care if anyone had seen that first tear, he didn't care if anyone heard him yell. Ezra just didn't care about himself anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 pm
Only say what you are positive about.

Ashriel offered a weak smile as he gave her back the tissues. She nodded quietly when he said that tissues came in handy; she could think of billions of uses for them. Just thinking of that made her smile grow slowly. "M-m-my name? Ashriel..." She said softly, looking at Ezra again. "Wh-what's yours?" She asked, still looking straight at him. When Roanan spoke, she found herself looking at him, taking a deep breath as he spoke. She supposed he was right, in a way. She listened as he spoke, slowly calming with his words. He was right; people were different. However, when Ezra began crying, Ashriel looked at him curiously, watching as he ran into the bathroom. "Wh-what?" She looked at Roanan, taking a deep breath as she stood up. "I-I think I should repay how nice everyone has been to me." She rushed toward the restroom, knocking softly on the door. "Wh-what's wrong?"

Otherwise, you open the door for regret.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 pm
Roanan had a sinking feeling as he felt Ezra brush by. He hit a wrong chord, it seemed. Laying his guitar on the table, he followed behind Ashriel. Luckily, it being the men's bathroom, as he could feel by the braille, he could just slip in. He gave Ashriel a small smile and said, "Seems I hit a touchy subject. I'll be right back." He found her shoulder, gave it a soft squeeze, and slipped into the bathroom. Roanan tapped his way in, his walking stick leading the way. He sat on the counter and sat in silence for a couple of seconds. And then he spoke. "A family member's death is hard to deal with, hard to cope with. You don't have to talk about it. If you want, I can leave. If you'd like, I could listen. After all, we all have our skeletons in our closets." He leaned against the wall. "Even I do. After all, there's a reason I decided to move so far away." He faced the wall, the smile gone from his face, just longing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Ezra quickly started to wipe the tears from his face when he saw Roanan come in, but when he remembered Roanan was blind he stopped. He looked over at Ashriel when the door was still open. He looked back at Roanan." It wasn't just one of them, it was all of them. My mum and dad. My . . . sister. All of them." He wiped his tears and looked at Ashriel with the look of ' Sorry I'm such a cry baby.' He sat up straight and looked at Roanan." Sorry. I never meant to yell. I hate acting like a jerk. " Ezra started to calm down. He smiled that fake smile and got up as if nothing had happened.

BaritoneGoddess

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:42 pm
Roanan nodded, unmoving. He closed his eyes and when he spoke, his voice was quiet, subdued compared to what it normally was. "I wasn't always blind like this. Back when I was 13 was when I lost my sight. It was only my father and my little brother at the time. My mother died giving birth to my little brother. I was 3 at the time. My father was devastated. He loved her to death. The result was an underlying anger towards my younger brother, despite him doing nothing to deserve it. Yet, he took any of the verbal abuse that was thrown at him. On the other hand, I was supposed to be the 'star child.' In my father's eyes, I was perfect, everything he ever wanted. Yet, my brother never held it against me. I would help him when hard times came around and he'd make me feel less lonely when I felt singled out. And then, our apartment caught on fire. It was all my father could do to bring me out of the fire. He made no attempt for my brother. He ordered me to stay while we waited for the firefighters to arrive. It was devastating." At this point, Roanan had his foot on the counter, his chin resting on his knee. "I broke from his grasp and ran back into the blaze. I ran all through the apartment, looking. He was stuck in my room, under my dresser. I managed to pull him out. I had him following me towards the door. We were almost out. And then the roof collapsed on us. My brother died a day later and I lost my sight due to the searing heat of the fire. That day, I lost my brother and the trust my father had in me. I couldn't even cry at my brother's funeral." His voice caught in his throat. A single tear rolled down his cheek. It was all his tear ducts could ever manage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Ashriel listened to their stories from the other side of the door, a horrible feeling wrenching from the pit of her stomach. She'd felt so bad for herself, moving away from her friends, while they had lost their families. Sure, her parents didn't exactly get along, and she didn't speak to them. Sure, her father was a drunk. But they were still there. That was a good thing, she guessed. Her mind often entertained the idea of a better life if her father died, and now she found herself regretting those thoughts. Quietly, she walked back over to the booth, focusing on drawing a single picture. Perhaps she should have said nothing. There she went, again, saying things that she wasn't sure she wanted to be known. Perhaps she should just go mute - she wouldn't mess with other people then, and this guilt could go away. She swallowed hard, feeling guilty for what she did. A dagger formed on the piece of paper, and a heart slowly formed around it, resulting in a drawing of a dagger plunging into the heart, blood splattering out amongst the page.

Her eyes stared at her finished drawing, and she wondered if she should get back up, say something. Her mind debated it back and forth for a while - what would she say? How could she make anything better? She was just the quiet little girl who felt bad for herself; it wasn't like she was important to them. Besides, they had just met. She barely knew either of them. How could she reassure people that she barely knew? Especially if they are upset because they lost their families. Part of her wanted to lose her father...but because of this scene, she was double thinking that. Her eyes stared at her drawing, and she took out her colored pencils, beginning to color it in as she continued to think. Was there anything she could possibly say?

[-Every time I feel this thread has to be bumped, this post will get longer. Yes, I still can make it longer, if I wanted.-]

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 pm
Creamsicle Bunnies
Something about this woman was peculiar. Marcus gave her a long look. Wasn't it her doing that people were so happy? He tilted his head in thought before speaking again. "Suprise me," he said in a small voice, leaning back down in his chair so that he could sift about his thoughts. Her words haunted him. He didn't like how she made it seem that it was Marcus' own fault for making himself feel so depressed. Was it? He stared off into space, no longer reading his book.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Ezra sat down again next to Roanan. Why was he crying when something, really much worse, had happened to Roanan and he only shed a one tear." I want to say I'm sorry for what you went through, but that isn't the right phrase to be saying right now."Ezra paused and looked over at Roanan and said," That really blows, and not in the good way." He wanted to chuckle at his own comment, but instead he just looked away from Roanan when he felt himself blush at the sight of him." Maybe a small piece of cake will make us feel better. After all you said you your a sucker for sweet things." Ezra got up and tapped Roanan's hand to let hims know he was putting it out to help him up. He felt a bit better about every now, but he still felt like a jerk for the way he had almost yelled at Roanan. Exra opened the door and looked at Ashriel, and nodded as if he was telling her he was alright." Would you like a piece of cake too?" Ezra took off his glasses and cleaned them from the tears. Without his glasses on Ezra's green eyes looked even bright and bolder than they normally did. Ezra had always like his eye colour. They were unique compared to the chocolate brown the rest of his family had had. He put them back on and slightly smiled at Ashriel.

BaritoneGoddess

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Ashriel took a deep breath, signing the side of her finished drawing. She took a deep breath, breathing quietly. Patiently, she waited for the boys to come back out, thinking carefully. That wasn't all that great, she swore. There was no way she should feel bad for herself at all; she had it so much better than them. Yet...she'd stopped talking to her father back before they'd moved. Her mother was constantly working. Really, she didn't see her family, but she supposed they were still there. She looked up when Ezra came out, giving him a weak smile when he nodded. She nodded when he asked if she wanted a piece of cake. Her eyes looked up at him gently, and she took a deep breath, feeling bad for what had happened earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm
__________________________________________________________________________________________User Image
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

Lucy was already rounding the counter with a large plate.

"Here, try these" she said smiling brightly, she ignored tear tracked faces or eyes that were a tad too bright. It came with the territory in The Sad Cafe. Besides it was usually great for bonding.

She set the tray on Roanan's table which was the one they could all easily reach.

"Misery said you were playing for treats, but I didn't know what you liked so I figured you could try this, it's like a sample plate, there are bites of brownie, cakes with different icings and flavors of course - I love the lemon with butter cream personally-, then there's cheese cake bites too, and nanaimo squares, rice crispie bites and a couple random caramel popcorn balls. " Lucy finished the description slightly breathless and took a big one in to compensate.

"I figured you all could share" she added at the end after a slight pause.

"Oh! And I'll refresh everyone's drinks too! Lemonade, and what were you two having? she asked Ezra and Ashriel having not seen their cups.

in the sky…

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Ezra looked down at Ashriel's drawing." Wow, you're really good." He said as he walked to the counter with Ashriel and Roanan, or at least he thought Roanan was behind him. He sighed and took a deep breath. He thought for a moment, before ordering, about how Roanan kind of looked like Ezra's old boyfriend and how he had been so nice and good to him until he dumped him for some pretty girl from New York. Bad memories that he didn't want to think about. He walked over to the table when the girl with the dark hair put cakes on their table." Thank you." Ezra said and looked the girl right in the eyes." A cappuccino, you should sit and talk some more, I was starting to take a liking to you."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:11 pm
__________________________________________________________________________________________User Image
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

Lucy looked over to the counter and saw that no one was there, then she looked back to Ezra.
"Well sure, but I've got to watch the counter. Cappuccino annnnd Iced tea?" she asked Ashriel leaning sideways to see if she nodded.

in the sky…

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out