Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayDemon1

Durem Informer

4,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:31 pm
I do not know if I am or not. My story starts 2 years ago when I was 15 I never like any one I didn't like dating I felt like I was a outcast any time I was not dating some one so I just dated guys to fit in which was really dam on my part for some odd reason every guy I dated ends up having to move because there dad got a new job or something. When I was in 8 grade at the age of 15 I was going home one day I got on the bus and there was only 3 or 4 students on the bus that day I sat down and there was this girl in front of me and she was reading a twilight book( I do not like twilight to my it was a really bad story with a beautiful landscape) She saw that I was looking at her reading so she turned around to say hi. I really didn't want to talk to her because I knew she was one of those fan-girl types. She said hi and I said Hello She started to talk about the book to me and saying how she wanted a real vampire to taker her away and make her hes queen vampire I didn't like the way she was talking about vampire's so I said you really do not know what real vampire's are like do you
:her: I thought this book knew all about them O.O
:Me: No... that's a lovers story book not a history book. =_=
and we became friends in her eyes I still didn't think of her as a friend. I started to see that every one at school was mean to her and even the teachers didn't like her but for some reason it never got to her she just laughed with them when they made funny of her. I seem to be her only friend every one at school didn't like me earth because they were scared of me they thought I was evil or something. And they told the girl at one point not to be friends with me because I was "evil" and she would tell them she didn't care . At first they thought that I was going to be mean to her as well so they sat back and watched me and her and saw that I wasn't mean to her. 2 years have passed and people at school still hate me and her But I have grown to like her maybe even love her. Because she has seen my bad side and my good side but she ever leaves my side and i'm scared to ask her out because shes my best friend I don't want to scare her off and I have kept her safe from all of the dam a** people and I don't want to see any one ever hurt her I love that nothing those people say about her gets to her I wish I could be as strong as her I love her so much and I'm running out of time to tell her v_v and no one knows I'm gay my family would hate me forever if they found out.....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:15 pm
i realized it earlier this year, about two months after I joined gaia, when i was 12. i met a lot of gay people here, and i never used to think about it, but i was always fairly accepting, so after thinking about it, i had no problems accepting it. i still haven't come out yet, of course. i'm just not ready, but ill fill you guys out when i do.  

Vinsmokin

rielles

Gracious Hunter

9,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 pm
Hm well when i was about nine i went to this summer camp and ended up crushing on this one girl but at the time i didnt realize that it was a crush but my friend noticed how much i talked about that girl. later on (i had begun having feelings for girls around 6 or 7) and when i was about ten i began to think "is this wrong?" i finally realized i was attracted to both genders. then i tried to hide it and become straight. a year later i realized i was for sure bisexual. i told my best friend and it involved so much crying. at 12 i began to come out and i was not fully supported but thats okay. now i am Pansexual and proud!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:11 am
In middle school I noticed I had some physical attration to men as well as women. But it wasn't until recently (now I'm 16) that I decided to "come out of the closet" so to speak. I just think love shouldn't be restricted because of someone's gender. Love is love. If I fall for a man, well my family won't have a heart attack. If I fall for a woman, they'll have to get over it (: - sorry went a little off topic there XD  

Xx_Pro Swagga_xX

Shameless Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 am
I guess I've known since elementary school. I wore all guys clothes for most of my life and I think my mom just thought it was a phase. Turns out it wasn't. I've always had male mates and found females more attractive. So I guess I've always known I was transgender and never really thought anything of it until high school.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm
Meh. When I was around 9 or 10 and I haven't come out yet. Only a few people know I'm bi and there's a lot of homophobics near where I live...

Rakapuuti

Wealthy Vampire

3,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

Tumble13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm
I'd say I was aware something was different about me as young as...ehh....10-ish, I think? Didn't think anything of it. I only started suspecting what it was about the time I turned 12-ish. But I was in full denial. I even took the route to become a loathsome gay-basher until I turned 16. Still a virgin at this point, mind you, I became very repressed about the idea of sex and sexuality, till I finally accepted that I was into guys when I was 18. Wasn't till a year later that I actually did anything, but up till that point, it was all personal interest, with no idea what it'd be like doing anything

My only regret is that I came out about it to my mother right away...While most of my family accepts and is somewhat supportive of me...it still is a little strange knowing they know so much about my personal life. And those who don't accept it do still make sure I hear about how 'all those faggots need to get shot'...I only regret coming out because if I had known then what I know now, I would have arranged much different situations...that might have minimized the spread of the information. Freaking mother is a gossip...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 pm
I was like 3 when i started having crushes on girls. my dad realized it to so i guess i was just born a lesbian.  

Icevolcanoes

Hilarious Hunter

2,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Junior Trader 100

Elementalists

Loyal Werewolf

3,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 am
i just recently accepted it i mean i knew i like guysbut it didn't bother me until know but i have a bf who is my age (17) so i'm all good. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm
Only recently did I think of myself as bisexual, I was questioning for about a year before and came out to myself at least maybe a month or two ago  

VirtualooSnape

Toxic Shade

17,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zandex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:32 am
I always felt different, because people were saying things like "Oh you will get a girlfriend and have kids" I always imagined my future with a guy... and I came out of the closet this year in Feb  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
My sexuality never really came up as I never really dated anyone. Sure I found all sorts of people attractive despite their gender and found it to be natural but I never acted on those feelings or connected with many people.

Though people always thought I was weird or different as far as I could remember, even if I never did get why or disagreed. Maybe they can tell something that I myself never really noticed or thought about?

I never seen clothing style or wearing men shirts or shoes an issue or saying that I thought a girl was beautiful or a guy was handsome a problem. I played with barbies dolls as well as with my microscope and did experiments and collected iron out sand (as well as played with the sand bees) when I was little and with dinosaur toys, etc....so I guess I don't notice anything. Dinosaurs was actually my obsession as kid. I just went with what felt natural to me or appealed to me. Crossing/crossing playing never bothered me, I never really felt that I wanted or had to be boy or girl.

But unfortunately I was the target of bullies while growing up, even if I never saw why they would bully me. I usually kept to myself and never really bothered people and would talk to anyone if they came up to me. I ways hard more problem with girls for some reason, they were the ones that harassed me the most, started rumors and wanted to fight. I thought it was kind of odd.

I really don't know to be honest. Sexuality and all that never really I thought about too much until the past few years when people started saying I should look,dress or act a certain way or should of dated by now and many people my age are starting to get married or even having families, I was really too busy focusing on my health issues and trying to fight the healthcare system so I never really had time to question or explore like others did earlier on as dating in general was put on a back burner and didn't really go to on campus schools to meet people, mostly took online courses.

Last year was the first time in years that I actually felt good enough to take different classes in person and try new places and do things. It was also when I finally got my diagnosis and what I could do about it and head towards the right direct health wise. I learning new things about myself more and more the past year.

Old post but decided to update it. Well I just found out about a week or so ago that I am technically intersexed as having an overproduction of sex hormones (in my case androgen's such as testosterone) classifies me as such. Well I guess that explained a lot of my feelings and I proved I was right about my hormones being the cause. But wow, I can't say I actually thought I was intersexed. Though my doctor said I have PCOS, I am checking the levels again to see if I don't have CAH as that would explain a lot and untreated could cause PCOS actually.

I always felt like my body hated me or felt that way since puberty as it just didn't seem quite right or quite like other girls.

Still crossplay/cross dress but still don't feel like I am really 100% female or male but a mix. My mom actually encouraged me to buy some men's clothes when I went shopping and was feeling frustrated and not really liking any of the styles so I ended up buying some men swim trunks and a top.

I am questioning my sexuality still, but I am most likely bi/pan now as I am starting to realize it more. Though I might say that some girls are pretty/beautiful in front of my parents when they are on TV, I don't want to say anything else unless they ask or end up dating which seems unlikely right now. I don't know if they really think much of it or if they are in denial. Kind of afraid to find out. Personally, I can't imagine my future with anyone, so that is up in the air for now.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Senpai Ken Ken

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,125 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am
Ive Always Been Different To Be Forreal, But Ive Never Really Been Comfortable Around People Tho Because I Was Oriented Around Church. And People of The Faith Dont All Except Bisexualility Cause It's "Sinful". But Just Recently I Accepted That Not Everyone Will Agree With My Choice To Be Bisexual But It Makes Me Happiiee And My GirlFriend Makes Me Happiiee And Thats All That Really Matters.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:26 am
I honestly don't know... When I was little, I would always say that I had crushes on girls, and of coarse I believed it. After a while, I accidentally just thought about a boy. I felt weird, but I figured it was nothing. Come eighth grade, I still have no idea. There were a few boys that made fun of me, so I thought about them kissing guys as a sort of punishment. Obviously I began to grow feelings for one of them. Come graduation, I still didn't acknowledge who I really was.
Now here's the good part. The summer after freshman year, I met some friends, and having low self esteem, I attached to the nearest thing that wanted to be my friend. Eventually, I became attracted to one of the boys, but I didn't tell him. And every time he would have a crush on a girl, I would say the same. Soon after he got into a relationship with someone, I felt really shitty, and my friend wanted to know what was wrong. That's when I told him I had a crush on him and I referred to myself I was Bi. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do and it actually brought me to tears.
Now sophmore year came, and we were both still great friends. I was still saying I was bi. But the first day of school changed my life. I saw my first boyfriend. I knew I HAD to talk to him. He was quiet at first, then when he became friends with more people from school, he wouldn't shut the hell up!
Near Christmas break I told HIM I was bi, because he was openly gay, and I trusted him not to tell anyone.
One day I felt really upset because I felt... alone. Though he wasn't my boyfriend (yet) my gay friend asked what was wrong. Over Christmas break, we talked a LOT! I eventually grew feelings for him as well. And then came those six words, "Would you go out with me?" I was baisically happy as hell and said yes. After a while I came to terms that I didn't have an attraction to girls.
Seven months later and we're still together <3  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100