Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Embodiment - 1x1- Anime & Zelly Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm

"Oh, trust me, even without the armory, the Church does frightening things. I'd be more than willing to share some stories of the atrocities I've bore witness to, but alas, I'm sure you could care less." Justine quietly tip-toed past a dorm room, which was full of loud snoring. One room even held the sounds of muffled moans and cries. "...Hyppocrits..." she grumpilly thought, right before discovering the archives. She picked the lock with a little more difficulty, but as had happened with the doors before, she was able to quickly defeat the lock and enter the archives. "Ah...here we are! So...you said we look for things detailing possession, correct?"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 pm

"That, and Hunters. Although you really should tell me about the Order's past actions some time. I'm rather out of the loop on what's happened throughout the world and any warning signs to look out for would always help." Raphael said.

((Can has Pumpkin...? >.>))

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 pm

'Certainly. After we've got what we've come for.' Justine thought in reply as she began sifting through the many books and scrolls that littered the archives. She took as much as she could find that even remotely mentioned possession and Hunters' tactics before heading towards the exit. She had brought a large burlap sack to carry all the books. Even despite looking as stereotypical a burglar as possible while carrying that burlap sack, she was able to sneak out and back home completely unnoticed. Or at least, she was certain this was the case. No point in reading anything inside enemy territory, right?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:46 pm

{So...shall we roll some dice to see how useful their finds are? Or whether or not they were seen/caught/whatever by whoever else might be lurking about at night?}

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

((Yeah, I've got the block so that sounds good. >.<;; And either one or both rolls is fine by me. You can go ahead and do it.))
M3Gnificent rolled 4 100-sided dice: 92, 51, 74, 59 Total: 276 (4-400)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:01 pm

{TOTAL:
If all 4 dice amount to 100 or less, they found absolutely nothing.
If all 4 dice amount to 101-200, they found enough to pique interest and give vague clues but little else.
If all 4 dice amount to 201-300, they found more than enough to help them on their travels.
If all 4 dice amount to 300 or above, they find all they need and gain a little exposition on Grandpa/Raphael's Killer.

~*~

If the third dice is 50 or less, they got caught and must flee from the village as quickly as possible. If the third dice is 51 or more, they got away scot free.}

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Locked within her home, safe from prying eyes for the moment being, Justine studied anything and everything she was able to haul away from the church archives. When reading up on Hunters and their fighting methods, many of the books strongly emphasized stealth and opprotunity. It seemed that Hunters never face a monster head-on, but instead, use every weakness a monster has to their advantage. It surprised Justine to see them detail such fighting styles similar to her own. Perhaps what Grandpa said was 'self defense training' was truly intended to make her his heir to the legacy? Or possibly he wanted to stick it to the Church as much as he could? Nevertheless, what they found on Hunters was more than sufficient in Justine's eyes.

As for possession, numerous methods were listed as to how possession came about. Too much so for Justine to truly understand with what little she knew. In an attempt to figure things out, she asked Raphael, "Do you remember who you were trying to possess and why? Or, perhaps, do you even remember making such an effort at all?"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm

"I was in a fight, I remember that much." Raphael said. "As I recall, it wasn't going so well and the Hunter--whoever it was, I don't remember--was about to do me in for good. I think I let my soul slip free as a last ditch effort to survive until I could ressurect my body. Free souls just don't survive very well without a body. But whether I was looking for someone specific or not is a bit fuzzy."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:19 pm

"This makes no sense. We're clearly missing something!" Justine grumbled, more than a little annoyed that she couldn't figure out the cause of this whole situation. "We didn't see anything on the restoration of one's body, did we?" she eventually asked, just about ready to give up for the moment being.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:22 pm

"No, we didn't....Even then it's hard to say how useful it would be with my body a pile of ashes by now, I'm sure..." Raphael said rather glumly at his grim realization.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

"There are numerous legends about monsters, not always of Phoenix lineage, that can be reborn anew despite their bodies being a mangled mess or nothing but ash. Legends are often based on then-unexplained facts We simply must be patient and perserverant!" Justine attempted to comfort and assure Raphael. "You will get your body back or one even better than before, this I promise you!"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 pm

"Is that your optimism talking or do you just not want to believe there's a chance of being stuck with me?" Raphael half joked.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 pm

"Oh, I wouldn't mind you staying with me if that's what you want. Thus far, all you've had to say up until today are your various lamentations about being stuck in the body of a woman. I simply figured that it was you that couldn't stand being stuck with me, so I might as well make myself useful and help you get back to your glorious home and life." Justine admitted, surprised that he'd supposedly think that she was so eager to get him gone. Wasn't that what he wanted all along? "I don't mind the company, myself."
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm

"It's not so much what I want as it is what we can manage to do. If I could jump to some other body, don't you think I would have by now?" Raphael said. "But in all honesty, I'm sure I'll get used to this whether I want to or not, given enough time..." he admitted with a slight grumble.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

"If there's anything I can do to make things easier, just let me know." Justine spoke up once more, letting out a soft sigh shortly afterwards. "If nothing else, we'll at least find out why things happened as they did."
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff