Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:45 am
When WE first came HERE,
We were COLD and we were CLEAR,
With no COLORS on our SKIN,
We were LIGHT and PAPER THIN.
And when WE first came HERE,
'Till YOU let the SPECTRUM in.

Say my name: Bored
And every color illuminates: I don't remember anything...
We are shining: Chloe
And we'll never be afraid again: History of Magic

N E W L Y N
T A R A
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C O N D Y E A R |

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newlyn entered the classroom and took a seat next to her best friend, giving Chloe a small smile. History of Magic was her worst class after Astronomy, and she dreaded having to take notes and write essays about history she already knew and didn't care much for. Such horrible things had happened in the past, and it was honestly depressing learning about them. The Hufflepuff couldn't remember any specific facts about the topics they had covered last year, so she said nothing, slipping out a piece of parchment to draw on.

M A T U R I T Y is only achieved when one accepts L I F E as full of T E N S I O N.

And when we COME for YOU,
We'll be DRESSED up all in BLUE,
With the OCEAN in our ARMS,
Kissing EYES and kissing PALMS.
And when it's TIME to PRAY,
We'll be DRESSED up all in GREY,
With METAL on our TONGUES,
And SILVER in our LUNGS.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:08 am
I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn walked into class and her eyes fell on Darius. She almost thought about walking straight up to him and apologizing for everything she had ever done to him, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. He had been horrible to her all her life. He had shoved her and hurt her and probably made her cry a thousand times. She couldn't just forgive that, even if she knew the only reason he had done any of that was because she, her brother, and her father, had been total asshats to him. She sighed and took a seat a row behind him. She had nothing to say on this lesson, she really didn't care about history of magic.
User Image
OOC:...

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am
They say They don't trust
You, me, we, us
So we'll fall If we must
Cause it's you, me And it's all about
It's all about It's all about us

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

ELLIRYANNA LAURELIA MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw Beater and Gryffindor Keeper|||Pureblood|||Second Years|||

User Image
User Image
Verily walked in and spotted Darius. She smiled brightly and walked over to him, taking a seat next to him. "Hey." She said. She listened to the professors questions, but didn't much feel like answering at the moment.

Elli followed her sister in and took a seat near her and Darius. She had nothing to say about this class, she hadn't really paid attention last year. She found it pointless.

If they hurt you They hurt me too
So we'll rise up Won't stop
And it's all about It's all about
It's all about us

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Second Year || Beater
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sun sat towards the middle of the classroom, unsure of what was going on. He didn't remember anything from history of magic, since, well... It was history. Need he elaborate more? He always tuned the professor out after five to ten minutes into the lecture. Sun sighed, praying that the professor won't suddenly call on students, especially him, to recall one of the many subjects.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius smiled a bit as his only friends came to sit by him.“Hey” He tapped his quill on his desk a bit bored.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm
Eliora Blake
Second Year
Slytherin
User Image

Eliora sighed. She HATED History. It was a wonder she passed the class last year. Come the end of the course, she could never remember a lick of what she had learned. Divination? She could remember. Flying? Sure. DADA? Most definitely. But History? Her mind was blank. She preferred to question history than know it.

She remained silent.

Translations:
Currently: Lost.Outfit:Slytherin Uniform. Accent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: So... i remember absolutely nothing?..

little_kitten52

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:42 pm
User Image
Vїяgїl Яо₴₴
§Second Year§Slytherin§Twin Brother§Pure-Blood§
User Image
Ѵirgil came into the class and seeing his sister sitting behind the mutt Darius. He frowned and sat next to her and softly whispered. “I don't think you should be so close to stray dogs. You never know what they have.” He also hated the two girls he hung out with they and her family were just as bad. It was a shame whoever killed that one girls family did not get them all.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm
User Image
User Image
Single Second Year Ravenclaw Pureblood Beater

▶ When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars ◀
▶ When darkness comes you know I'm never far ◀

╒═════════════════════════════╕

cнᴀɴcᴇ walked into the classroom and was instantly shocked. His eyes fell upon Jaslyn, as always, Virgil, not surprising, and... Darius? They were all sitting... together? How odd. But, Chance just shrugged his shoulders and walked over to them, sitting in the seat beside Darius. "Hi, Jaslyn, Virgil, Darius. Quite odd to see you all sitting so close together." he said before turning to face the professor. Just a recap? Way to make a boring class more boring. Still, Chance tried his best to answer. "We conversed about the founders of Hogwarts and each of the houses, and what made them all different from each other, and yet they all got along enough to create this school." That was what he remembered, among other things, that came to his mind at the moment.

╘═════════════════════════════╛

You'll never be alone...
Hear the whispers in the dark...

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:18 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius heard his name and turned seeing Chance and Jaslyn and Virgil sitting behind him. He looked at the with a mix of shock and suspension. He quickly checked his back in case they put something on him without him noticing. That was one of Virgil's preferred way to torment him. Finding something nasty and trying to stick it on him. He stopped after Darius made Virgil eat the beetle that he had stuck on him.
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:18 pm
I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn rolled her eyes at her brothers comment, but frowned when Chance went to sit next to Darius instead of her. She blinked her eyes in confusion and laid her head down on her desk. Was Chance mad at her? Had she done something wrong? Did he not....like her anymore? She sighed quietly and twirled a piece of hair around her finger, trying to not think of all the what ifs.
User Image

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

They say They don't trust
You, me, we, us
So we'll fall If we must
Cause it's you, me And it's all about
It's all about It's all about us

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

ELLIRYANNA LAURELIA MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw Beater and Gryffindor Keeper|||Pureblood|||Second Years|||

User Image
User Image
Ver turned around immediately when Virgil made his comment about Darius and glared at him. "You know you could learn to not be such a nitwit. Maybe then you'd actually have friends like your sister." She turned away from him and smiled at Darius just slightly.

Elli turned around and flipped Virgil off. She drew her wand silently, and pointed it at him threateningly. "You think your so effing superior just because you've got your high and mighty blood. Guess what Virgil, you're nothing, and you will never be anything."

If they hurt you They hurt me too
So we'll rise up Won't stop
And it's all about It's all about
It's all about us

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I'm pretty sure that there are some floating about in your heads, and I have no problem answering them."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:06 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Second Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Like before, Sun sat towards the back of the class, listening to the lecture. He took some notes, though they most likely weren't useful in the future. In fact, his mind wasn't even thinking about the Ollivander family. So he simply waited for the other students to ask their questions, if any, and stayed quiet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:48 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (10:00am to 10:45am)

Chloe stepped into class and took a seat for once in the second row. Taking out her parchment she got her quill ready so she could take down notes. Jotting down everything Professor Powell was saying she wondered what made the Ollivander’s so good at wand making. Maybe it was the knowledge that was pasted from one generation to another. “Professor is it the knowledge of each generation that made the Ollivander family so good at wand making?” she asked curiously.

With: Second years

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 pm

User Image

Charlotte Leavold
Second Year Gryffindor
Pureblood Witch

╔══════════════╗
Charlotte his a yawn with her hand. Though fascinating, history bored her. she listened to the lecture, and had no questions. She opened up her notebook and started to doodle. She though about writing her family a letter sometime tonight, it had been a bit since she had talked to them.
╚══════════════╝
((Out of Character~ ))

Thinking: how is my family doing?
Feeling:
sleepy

Life is an adventure, whether you choose to explore it or not is a choice.

Nekomancer1

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:23 pm
When WE first came HERE,
We were LIGHT and PAPER THIN.
And when WE first came HERE,
'Till YOU let the SPECTRUM in.

Say my name: Sleepy
And every color illuminates: Must...Stay...Awake...
We are shining: Second Years
And we'll never be afraid again: History of Magic

N E W L Y N
T A R A
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C O N D Y E A R |

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newlyn was practically falling asleep. Her seat was by a window, and she was bathed in a patch of warm sunshine, which only increased her sleepiness. It was very hard to resist the temptation to just lie her head down on her desk and take a nap. She forced herself to stay wake, blinking rapidly, and hummed softly to herself, practicing her piano fingerings on her lap.

M A T U R I T Y is only achieved when one accepts L I F E as full of T E N S I O N.

And when we COME for YOU,
We'll be DRESSED up all in BLUE,
With the OCEAN in our ARMS,
Kissing EYES and kissing PALMS.
And when it's TIME to PRAY,
We'll be DRESSED up all in GREY,
With METAL on our TONGUES,
And SILVER in our LUNGS.

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff