Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Threads
University of Hermes: Tremere Chantry (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 pm
He stopped before the large wooden doors, his hand running along the boards like they were a lover, his eyes closing as he recited a simple chant, the runes that lay etched into the very wood beginning to glow with a violet light, growing stronger with each recitation of his chant. it was only when they glowed their brightest,a near blinding flash of white, that the doors swung open the gust of wind and scent of aging books filling the senses with what lay beyond.

He waved his hand, the slight cloud of dust and gravel settling, he giving Araminta a knowing grin before turning and heading into the chamber beyond. This chamber was his office, the large, dark,wood desk set to one side, it much like a miniature colossus standing guard over the line of bookshelves and journals that lined the full of the back wall. To one side there rested a wood and leather chaise the end table beside it holding a candelabra the fires burning bright enough to read by. "Step one, my dear. We shall see how wise you are." He moved from her side, he sliding his form down upon the leather surface of the chaise, his eyes warm, watching her. "Tell me how to reach the room beyond. it should be easy enough for a girl that can summon a demon without much thought."

His fingers played along the smooth texture of the fabric, now and then a claw catching, making a popping sound as he pulled it free. There would be protection spells in place, spells that could easily kill should they be recited wrong or the wrong tomb touched. Would this little one live to reach the lab beyond? He surely hoped she would.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 pm
Araminta stepped into her Professor's study feeling very meek and cautious. This was her first step to becoming someone different if not more then she already was. Her eyes kept a vigil on him as he placed himself upon the leather chaise. It seemed almost like she was in a snake's lair as he prepared to strike as her heart began to betray her in deep beats. Straightening herself up though she stood tall with shoulders forward. While this was intimidating she marveled in his appraisal to see her skills at work first hand.

"Very well Professor..." she spoke as her eyes scanned hundreds of books looking for the keys that would reveal the next part of this journey to her next life. So many titles with the same subjects it seemed then something clicked. There were enchantments buried within this maze of knowledge he held so dear. Thinking to herself, "Hmm what would I be to keep a grand secret from imposing eyes? Little things with a hint of surprise are definite..."

After about 10 mins of looking over each title she nodded, "The answer you seek Professor starts with Religion". She stepped to the left as her finger slide lovingly touching upon a Blue velvet title, Politics of things Unseen and also heard.

The next book she reached out to touch then stopped taking a slight walk to the other side of the collection which she retrieved the ladder stepping up 4 steps, "Which is proceeded with History" she murmured again as her fingers slide down the spine of a book that looked very much like it was the skin of some animal or creature, "That which we have learned and have Survived.

Now the last ones were tricky which made her rethink two times before her choices. Coming back down the ladder she paused at her next selection. "Third is Occult" she noted as her finger swirled upon the thick spine, "Creatures and things that make us ponder.."

Finally she climbed nearly to the top of the stairs pausing in her choice....

Taking a deep breath she spoke, "Last is Death.." she coos letting her fingers slide downward and upward intimately with spine of the book entitled, Death and the Afterthoughts of life. Cradling the title in her hand as her fingers playfully slid over both covers she pulled gently to retrieve from its nesting point as her lips gently pressed upon it. As she did so she spoke allowed, "Release thyself". Holding her breath the enchantments vanished and the door began to open in response till there now displayed an open doorway.

Climbing downward she smiled, "Do I pass the first test?"

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 am
The elders eyes never strayed far from the form of the young girl, to say she was on interest, was and understatement to be certain, she was quite the obsession by this point. He had to have her, her knowledge and power more inciting to him than he blood could have ever been.

His eyes followed her as she moved from book to book, watching her fingers caress the spines of each in turn. He felt the wards break, felt the protection fall and as she pulled that final tomb from it's place his eyes narrowed in pleasure. "Well done, extremely well done..." He held out his hand to her, he asking in pure silence for his book. It was only once the precious manuscript was on his hand that he slid from the chaise, the action using all the fluid grace and grandeur that his race allowed. "Now tell me, how did you know which books to touch?"

He did not wait for her, he moved through the now open passageway descending what seemed to be a never ending flight of stairs into the darkness. As he passed by, torches caught light, the fires blazing with magic as he continued onward, certain she would follow.

At the bottom of the stairs were two large doors, the barricade that of solid wood with metal bracers. His golden eyes turned to glance at the woman behind him, he giving her the darkest of smiles before he rounded, grabbing her wrist and flinging her against the hard wooden door. "A sacrifice of blood...to prove your loyalty..." His claws bit deep into her wrist, drawing that crimson vitae forth, the sweet droplets falling in what seemed to be slow motion onto the frame. His power flared, his fingers falling into that given life, he smearing it upon the door before the locks clicked open. "Soon....you will spill far more than a drop of blood, young child..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm
Her heart beat fiercely signifying the excitement her voice wouldn't let on to in the least little bit. This game it seemed grew darker by the moment but Araminta herself wasn't a coward, nor would she back down. Steadying her mind her eyes kept a tight gaze upon her Professor for the more this charade played out the creepier he became. Her senses were sharp but she refused to turn away at this point... "Stay strong Araminta. You can do this..."

Her feet could barely keep up with him as she traveled in his shadow down it seemed never ending upon those trailing stairs. What cruel torment lied in the beyond, her mind whispered and urged her to flee. Breath coming in heavy random bursts she tried to answer his question but the black canvas around her kept Araminta's voice at bay. When he stopped sudden though she flinched eyeing the grand door before her. Faster then ever her hidden heart beat in a "thump-thump" notion till it was if it beat outside her body manically in her ears. It was too much and still she fought hard to ignore it.

Though in her calming of her mind and assurance of things to soothe her wrist was being grabbed as was her body as it hit the door hard. She was a strong girl but yet somehow a tear escaped without her approval. She bit her lip when he punctured her wrist feeling her life-force drip slowly. Keeping her eye on him she noted he was truly not sane. A different being then before, even in the classroom. Perhaps now she understood her Mother's teachings to steer clear of the vampires and their lures. Now it was too late...

She nodded her head slowly as the door opened, "Yes... Professor.."

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm
User Image

Baphomus walked quietly down the chantry hallways, marveling at the ancient, yet well-maintained tapestries that lined the smooth stone walls. The support arches were equally impressive, some being worn smooth as to have a glass-like sheen, others carved into magnificent statues that seemed amused to support the weight of the building.

"Fascinating," he muttered as he peered down another hallway, spotting several students. "This place is old, and steeped in power. Perhaps they will have what I'm looking for." The Kryenae strode the halls with the confidence of one who belonged, though this was the first time he had set foot upon the school grounds. Baphomus had walked into the school hours after dark, expecting it to be empty. Imagine his surprise as the place seemed to come to life. It would be his luck the school was filled with a bunch of night-owls like himself.

He paused for a moment, debating to ask one of the students who where he might find the administrator's office, but quickly chastised himself for the thought. He hadn't made it this far in his research by asking such easily solved questions (not for years, anyways). Still... a little direction might not hurt.

"Excuse me," he smiled at the passing student, "My apologies for bothering you, but I'm new here, and a bit lost. Which way do I need to go to find administration?" Once he found the admin, he could take the steps to enroll properly. After all, he preferred using school resources legitimately, much less legal hassle that way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm
Lazarus grinned at the fear in her eyes, noting that she was no longer the cocky, confident woman she had been minutes ago, and that excited him. He forced the doors aside with a wave of his hand, drawing the girl into the private lab. The walls lined with shelves of jars, vials and even more books. There was a tall, white skeleton attach to iron bars in the far corner and a long stone alter in the center. There were runes engraved upon it's surface as well a hieroglyphs that read "He who is reborn of the grave will live forever"

((Random images of the lab: [x] [x] [x] ))

He forced her into the center of the room, he near tossing her by her injured wrist. "Welcome to hell, young Araminta. This is where you say goodbye to the light..." He moved toward her, all shrouds of the masquerade gone from him, his skin paling, his golden eyes alight with power as he stalked toward her. "You have given yourself to me already, without a word..." He grabbed her hard, drawing her in against his body, his fangs rearing back before sinking deep into the flesh at her neck. He moaned deep as he drew her blood into his mouth, drinking her down and feeding of her till he was certain he could take no more.

User Image

The student that had been stopped was pale, his golden eyes staring at the other that addressed him. He lifted one dark brow, his expression amused for but a moment before that expression faded to blank. "What you are looking for is located near the entrance to the school itself. You have come to far, beyond this point are classrooms and study halls." He placed a hand on his hip, the other going into his pocket as he watched the male. "Though I should tell you, they are picky. Better be a smooth talker and full of yourself to get your a** in this place. Only the best attend, only gods graduate." He laughed, the sound dark and bitter.

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 pm
An arched eyebrow was the only sign that Baphomus had been taken by surprise. He'd thought he'd done well in hiding the fact he was a stranger, but this pale student had seen through him as if he were glass. I've underestimated them, he thought in amusement, very well, I hate charades anyways.

"Thank you for the directions," he chuckled dryly. "you are more astute than I gave you credit for, and for that, I humbly apologize. Perhaps you would be willing to tell me more of the University? I have been to several schools already, searching for one that I believe will help me with my research. Just the feel of this building," he waved a hand to encompass the hallway, "makes me believe I may have found what I need."

He'd noted the dark, bitter laughter, but betrayed no emotion as he tucked that odd little tidbit away. Perhaps there was even more to this school than he suspected. If so... well, the Kryenae was certain he could handle whatever the school threw at him.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:55 pm
She was terrified as her Professor became something on the level with those spirals she heard howling in the distance. No, this was the same level but something entirely different. A lusting beast to drink upon mortality to bring another into his grasp. His eyes were wild, blazing with darkness as he drew her within his private lab. Her body shuddered as her mind screamed over and over to flee. Loosing your mortality was not to be taken lightly as the evil sucked your soul into its own bowels leaving resonance of a shell.

Her eyes flicked around taking in the sights of her impending prison. She noted the books, jars, vials, so many things he held dear for his research. The skeleton, the runes, it all made sense. Her lips worked with her eyes deciphering the hieroglyphs quickly which she repeated flawlessly in a vague whisper, "He who is reborn of the grave will live forever".

Her breath was sharp though trembling in his grasp as he tossed her to the center of the room. Her wrist was sore where it had been cut making her wince and shudder more now. "Professor... I" she started to whisper then gasped as he drew her toward him like a hunter claiming his prey. As he bit down and drew out her life-force she called outward then faded into a moment of shock.

Now she understood the line between life and death.

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 pm
The elder drank her down, took the blood that he needed to complete this embracing. She would be as his alter stated, the born again immortal, brought to life through his blood, though the kiss of his fangs upon her skin. He was the god that could grant life and take it away, his namesake could not have said as much. "May god shine through my eyes and grant you the life that you have so willingly tossed aside for knowledge.."

He lifted her weakened body up, laying her there upon the alter, her neck spilling those last few drops that he had left her upon the cold, dark stone. He watched the runes spark to life, the soft red hues of them lighting the room and bringing everything into a better focus, showing the new world that she would be born into. "My life...for your life, and you will be born again, Araminta Di...born again as Tremere...the perfect being...the perfect clan...and you will be my childe, just as surely as you were your mothers, the moment she birthed you from her womb."

He took a dagger that sat there on the alter, slicing into his wrist, his crimson blood falling and mingling with hers upon the stone before her offered her the bleeding wound. "Drink...regain your strength.."

Renu simply watched the man, watched as the expressions on his face went from serene and calm to abit darker and resolved. He knew he had this man, knew he was intrigued, but all the same he would not give away too much. "I can tell you that it is a school, and simply that. You will have your classes in math, history, english...You can pick a specialization, though the really promising students are taken into the more...select...classes..." He smirked.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:41 am
The faintest twitch of annoyance passed under Baphomus's eye, virtually invisible under the yellow fur unless one knew what to look for. What kind of student didn't like to brag about their school, particularly the more prestigious the school? Perhaps this pale gent was here under parental duress...

"Fair enough," his voice had gone from friendly to cool in a heartbeat, "I'll ask the administrator for more information regarding the reputation of the school. Thank you for your time."

He spun on his heel and took several steps down the hallway before stopping and turning back. "Tell me one thing, at least. The math department, I trust they teach some of the more... advanced workings that have recently been theorized by scholars?"

They must, the thought shot desperately through him, though his face never changed expression, if I can't prove my theories... too many years wasted. "No," the words were the barest whisper, "no failure."  

Anguis Lingua

Fashionable Vampire

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 pm
Araminta shivered as her breaths fell shallow in an echoing room. She grew cold and tired as exhaustion followed suite leading her toward another life. She wanted to speak as he drained her yet her mouth was dry and voice was unresponsive. A single tear slipped down her furry cheek as her life was nearly gone. In her mind she questioned, "Is this what it feels like to die? I'm sorry Mother I knew the risks... I".

She barely felt as his strong hands cradled her being placed upon the cold stone alter. Her stare was blank but his words revived her as she looked toward him on the verge of death. Reaching out instinctively she pulled his wrist to her as she wrapped her lips around him. Her mind was blurry yet her hunger was heightened. She began slow like a child born unto the world attaching itself unto the life giver's resource. Her body screamed as this fluid flowed into her demanding more. Taking in her energy, prosperity, future she drank greedily not refusing to give away a drop.

Finally she pulled herself away or perhaps her Elder had deemed her finished. Whatever the case she felt strange and oddly awake. Her hands touched upon her fur feeling the coldness. "Am I dead?" she repeated curiously as she pulled herself up to look around. Deep inside her body felt strange yet it was alive. "No.... " she paused and smiled, "I am just beginning aren't I professor?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm
The young vampire smirked and watched the other as he walked off. Oh this one was interesting to say the very least. Patience was something this one would need to learn. Patience and Humility. "You can trust that ever one of the classes that are offered in this university are of the highest quality. The instructors have open minds and are willing to discuss many....questionable...theories.." He laughed and placed a hand upon his hip. "I hope that my answer is satisfactory?"

Lazarus was left weak, staggering as the young woman released his wrist, surrendering to him the blood that he had given her. He looked down at the blood stained fur, he grinning as the wound already began to close. "Hardly dead, my dear. Your life is just beginning. From this point on, you are Tremere. You are a small part of a great whole that is the University, this Chantry. You are family here, my blood childe, blood sibling to the others that share my vitae. Araminta...welcome to the night. The rode is long, and full of fantastic things. Let me be your guide, and I give my word that you will only rise in this clan." His eyes seemed to shine, a pride in them, a pride that said that this female would be his world, his ticket to greatness in his clan. He was proud.  

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 pm
User Image

How long had it been? How long had she slept in her little wing of rooms within the University? Too long. It felt like too long. Kilah hated sleeping, even though her older age demanded it from time to time of her. She could have been doing so many useful things during her time, continuing to experiment with her offspring and figure out just what made them tick. What made them weak and strong, and all the other things she was trying to figure out about them.

But now was not the time to ponder such things. She moved rather swiftly through the halls of the University, even though she felt the pangs of thirst dwell within her. She was about to check what time it was when the scent of blood crossed her nose. It caused her thirst to rise and the older vampire knew that she would have to feed soon, but it was not something that would make her lose control upon herself. At least, not yet. The blue haired female quickly moved, trying to find the source of the blood in question as she came upon... nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. She was at a pair of double doors that would not give her any sort of information and even the scent of blood was cut off. A low growl escaped her for a second before she remembered herself. Kilah was always a little disorientated from her slumber when she first woke. But since she knew who else slumbered, she also had a feeling she knew who was awake. "Lazarus." The name didn't leave her lips, instead it was a mental calling out. Telepathy was an easy enough skill for one as ancient as herself. "Where are you? Much is needed to be discussed." It was probably him who hid the source of such a wonderful smell behind these doors. Then again, she was pretty sure she always thought of him behind every little thing that happened. It typically paid to be paranoid. She waited for a response, but she wouldn't wait forever. It would be upon Lazarus to decide to heed her call or feel the wrath of ignoring it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm
He had not expected this. Had not expected to hear her whispering voice in his mind again. Though what a foolish thought that was, she was alive, she walked this world just as much as he, and that fact, that fact was the one true truth. He would never be rid of that woman's ghost.

These were the thoughts that ran through his mind as he watched his newly formed childer. The blood, the blood had called his superior to this place. Perhaps even caused her to wake. That fact alone disturbed him. 'Though why the fear, foolish man, to have her at your side, that is your strength, strength of clan, do not fear that which you can gain control of.' He chuckled low in his chest, the sound like a rich rumble as he reached his mind out toward the tingling whisper of the female. 'Kilah, you wake...' He let his amusement fill his voice, but kept it withheld enough that it would hardly be the mocking tone he wished in his head. 'I did not expect to share another life time in your presence, I am honored.'

He dropped the ward upon the first set of doors that were the entrance to his study. Within she would find his desk and towers of books there in. 'Do take a seat, i shall be with you shortly.' His words were like a silken caress on her mind, that was, if silk could sting with a touch. He was not the most pleased to have her interrupting him. "I wish for you to remain here for the time being, my childe, for she who lays beyond this room, in the room where you impressed me so, is no friend of yours. Stay hidden, calm your mind and I shall return to you once the threat it over..."

With that he took his leave of her, he leaving the laboratory and ascending the darkened stairs once more. With a touch of his hand on the cold, wooden door, the shelves slid away, revealing himself to the Methuselah that awaited him.

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:11 pm
Araminta's head wavered from a rush of experience and thrill as her life extended its fingers to a different view. For once in her life or rather un-life she could say she felt power even through what mortals felt as weakness. Her senses awakened as well bringing her attention to the oncoming guest or nuisance her professor had inhibitions about. Bringing herself upright and in a studious presentation she awaited her orders. While yes she was a vessel of power she still maintained her loyalty and orders of her maker: Lazarus.

"Yes Professor" she murmured with a direct nod. This was not her place to ask questions nor be curious. She simply awaited his return when this subtle lingering threat was excused and sent on her way. Ears perked as eyes stayed trained on her master she sat quiet and utterly still. Slowly she let her fingertips glide along the edge of the table she sat upright upon.

This new life would take some getting used to... indeed.

✚ Archived Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff