Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)
Making it as we go Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 am
Ma smiled slightly with the corners of his mouth barely moving up as he thought of this. "I meant for you, Jacob."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 am
Jacob paused, then couldn't help but smirk a little and chuckle a bit himself. Considering all the times he's been maimed, injured, de-limbed, and all sorts of horrible things...

"Right, well.. It gets tricky for me when I lose my arms sometimes, but I can still manage without them if I really have to. I'm just more efficient with them is all."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am
The vampire felt a little tension leave him as he hadn't been sure how the necromancer was going to respond to what he had asked. "Probably takes you at least a couple seconds to recover and switch modes. Are you hungry?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm
"Well, I'm not absolutely starving or anything, but I could eat I think. I just started getting a tad hungry."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 pm
"That could explain why my body is feeling greedy," Ma said and led the way towards the exit of the park and down the other side of the street that they had entered on. He wanted to ask Jacob what sort of things did his powers pick up on of himself, but he wasn't sure he wanted to hear that answer and that it was like Jacob asking him the same question...though he had shared a little of that earlier in demonstrating that he could pick up on past hurts when he had asked to hold the other's hand for a moment. A bit down that side of the street they'd run into the individuals offering their own actual blood while hooked up to special devices and of course other foodstuffs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:17 am
“Heh, my apologies then. Food is probably a good idea then.”

Glancing around at the different foods being served, he decided that as much as he liked the chesni meat, he would avoid it for now. It was a rather unhealthy meal, and he'd rather have something different anyway. Finding something that caught his eye, he got a couple of meat buns, filled with some sort of savory meat covered in sauce. He wouldn't think he would need to eat both of them, but just in case he got both because he didn't want to be draining any vampire connected to him due to even a slight bit of hunger on his part. He also got a bottle of something Ma noticed was called “Nutri-Juice”, that came in a variety of colors, presumably different flavors... Jacob's was tinted yellowish-orange, advertising some sort of foreign fruit he hadn't heard of (He may have heard of the Nutri-Juice, but that particular fruit neither was familiar with. It was on a whim that Jacob chose it.)

Taking a sip from his drink, Jacob paused a moment and considered the flavor.

“Somewhat like sweet tea, but with a citrus hint mixed with... I want to say a slightly sour kithos berry taste. It's odd. Not bad, just different.”

Interestingly enough, a public vehicle passed them by with an advertisement for “Nutri-Juice” plastered on it's side with a holographic type display. “Drink Nutri-Juice!,” Jacob and Ma was able to read, where Ma was more than likely able to read the rest rather quickly, “A nutritional, healthy, revitalizing fluid balanced with healing agents and the materials needed to rebuild! Guaranteed to quench thirst, refresh the body, and revitalize the mind!” In smaller print, as a disclaimer, Ma also was able to make out. “Please note that Nutri-Juice does not claim to be able to rejuvenate the spirit, as the soul is not our field of expertise!”

Blinking at the oddly timed ad-vehicle, Jacob took a bite of his food and noticed out of the corner of his eye the “blood vendors” section, in particular the one where healthy people were offering themselves to be fed off of while hooked up to rejuvenation machines. Chewing and swallowing his bite, he commented on it.

“Hmm, looks like they improved the machinery of those auto-healing infusers lately...”  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:23 pm
"That is probably one of those....ah....fads that claim to be so good for you," said Ma taking a few seconds to find the right word. He didn't start walking and let Jacob eat. He followed the other's gaze and saw what he was talking about, but it didn't make sense to him... if it was meant to be a conversation starter Ma hadn't exactly seen or knew how they functioned before he first saw them. "I wouldn't know. What do you think of the concept of that?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am
"It's different than the blood bags I'll say. It does provide it from the source I suppose it's not necessarily a bad thing, considering the machines keep the people alert and healed for the most part, unless they overdo it for most of the day. As far as I know, they also check the blooder for any sorts of illness of course, and I believe for certain magics if they would affect certain blood drinking species. I think it's a good thing overall, probably not without it's flaws somewhere, but...."

Jacob eyed one leech person finishing up their meal, the individual quietly stifling a small burp and thanking the blooder as donor was called apparently, leaving payment and tip behind. For the most part it looked professional, though sometimes depending on certain species, idle chit chat was made, or the rare occasional minor flirt happened (the chit chat mostly happening with species that had more than one mouth or used something else of theirs to drink blood with.)

"What's your thought on it?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 am
Ma was looking at the things with slight disgust, but didn't verbally express that he found many of the blood sucking and food eating species to be disgusting in some ways. "The idea is nice, but I dislike that they're out in the open for everyone to see. Even at restaurants you get the illusion of booth privacy. Is that your but? I'm used to doing such things away from others. Would you pay a lot of money to drink a superb drink from a cup that has been recently drank from countless strangers without being cleaned? They charge like they're gas stations because those machines keep track of how much is taken. The cheapest they charge $2 an ounce which is $16 a cups worth for the reapers whose easier to force heal, which is probably the equivalent to a snack for me. Besides several of my adult students work at these. I'm not sure feeding off them would help my reputation."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 pm
"Yes, there is a lack of privacy and such I agree. And no, I wouldn't drink from something that was sipped on from numerous strangers without cleansing... though the machines do sanitize the feeding sites I hear, but that's besides the point."

Jacob quietly took another bite of his food and swallowed it before continuing, idly realizing he was gradually feeling less hungry as he ate. He hadn't been too hungry to begin with, but it was good he noted that he got food when he did. If Ma hadn't made the suggestion, he probably would have wanted to get something to eat soon enough himself.

"I suppose the way they create those blood bags makes it somehow cheaper to manufacture."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:36 pm
Ma gave Jacob an incredulous look at what Jacob said about the machines cleaning a feeding site and the blood bags somehow being cheaper to manufacture. "My saliva sanitizes the feeding site... How many people do you think are willing or could mentally stand to do this sort of thing with all the possible overgrown leech species out there (yes he's referring to himself too and probably doesn't know why he used the term overgrown leech)? The bags are manufactured in bulk with minimal need for people and you don't have to pay the bags a salary. Most of those blood suckers don't know is that these people work three days a week at most for about 4 or so hours a shift and they make twice the amount as someone who works 40 hours a week at minimum wage plus tip."

It was then that someone either spotted Ma or Ma allowed himself to be seen as the word, "Sifu," was shouted.

"And this one told me so," said the vampire and walked towards the one who spoke to him. "My you are working hard, Eztli," said Ma with a smile when he said that name. Eztli may have had some reaper in him, but he looked more like a dark skinned human than reaper. "How do you do?"

"Holdin up here fine... is he with you?"

"Pardon me. This is Jacob Merak. He is... a family friend." Ma paused there because he didn't know what to say Jacob was to him and settled on what he thought was the safest answer. "I just showed him the park and we were heading back. And this is Eztli," once again the amused look, "a very promising student. He helped paint and set up my place."

"Nice to meet you! Say you have the same name as that spook chaser! He chased some poltergeist out of my friend's place. Got egged pretty good before he got the thing out."

"Did he now?" Said Ma smiling and though he wasn't looking at Jacob, Jacob probably knew he was smiling at the thought of the ghostly terror bombing him with eggs.

"Uhhuh. My friend said he was in a "rotten" mood when he left."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:09 pm
Though he tried to be somewhat discrete about it, Jacob did give a bit of a off to the side look and attempted not to clear his throat. He remembered that incident though, it was the poltergeist he had "chased" off before he met Moor'teis and that horrible business with the illusionist demon. Interesting that he remembered Moor'teis first. That particular spirit, though powerful, was at least harmless to it's "victims", just a touch on the mischievous side. The one before that though was particularly nasty, and he was lucky he was able to bind most of it's power and that throwing eggs was one of the worse things in the way of collateral damage it had managed before things got bad. It did however tried to mess with Jacob's emotions a fair amount, and giving him past sensations that he had no fondness to recollect.

Jacob collected himself rather quickly, and realizing that if this current Eztli had any reaper in him like it seemed possibly that he might have detected his emotional state through empathy, (He had became slightly flustered, and just for a very split second surprised and irrationally annoyed at the memory more than anything of that ghost.) He then returned the greeting to Eztli.

"Funny coincidence. Nice to meet you as well, Eztli." Jacob quietly reflected on how uncommon, but not necessarily excessively rare that name was in Limbo. Another example would be Galantros, though a tad bit more common than Eztli.

"Well... I'd imagine having a spirit smash some eggs in your face would "spoil" your mood rather quickly.."

"Jacob? Jacob Merak? Grstk sh'fv..(the rest is almost considered a strange sort of high and low pitch variances of gibberish that would be difficult to put into text. It was an uncommon enough language also that it took the translation devices a moment to decipher them. What's translated is what other translation devices would see, as Ma's are of a cheaper, 1 langauge variety.)...to see again since last saw, Never thought mr. necromancer!"

Jacob blinked and looked behind him. A strange, black shrouded demon floated there, somewhat reptilian with a multitude of horns, and spidery-like jointed legs on it's lower half twitching. She (apparently, as the voice though strange, was female), and held in thick muscular arms a miniature version of herself, a small child that was resting.

"Uhm.. Excuse me a second, sorry." Jacob responded in kind for a brief second in that similar language with his own ton of voice, which was kind of amusing and disturbing at the same time, until finally the devices figured out the language. A reaper's mind would've figured it out much quicker. "sh'vigrxxyn so catpaw hammer, question mark? My, De'shivak, you have a little one now. It certainly has been a while."

"Yes, my little Sithos. He's two. I'm sorry Jacob, I mostly wanted to see if that really was you since your face has changed a fair amount. I can't chat long. Do you still live where you did previously?"

Jacob nodded at this. "Yes, you should come visit again, though some days I'm not always there... the others are though, and they probably miss you."

"Of course. I'll catch up with you all later, besides you seem occupied at the moment. I just wanted to say hello. Sorry for the intrusion! Take care Jacob... you seem more well, keep at it."

Jacob waved his fare ware to De'shivak, then turned his attention back to the others and gave an apologetic shrug. If Eztli couldn't figure out that he was that same Jacob Merak before... well, then he wouldn't know what to tell him.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm
Eztli watched Jacob's reaction to the mention of said poltergeist. It didn't take an empath to see he was reacting to what was said. Then the demon came and spoke and about half way through their conversation Eztli said to Ma, "he is the spook chaser isn't he, Sifu?"

Ma nodded.

"My friend said his body was messed up and he smelt of blood. How do you know him."

Ma sighed and said, "it's a long story Eztli." Once again a smile at the name. "I'll just say he knows Githar and his friends and I am friends with Githar and many of Githar's friends are friends of my family."

"...why do you keep smiling or looking amused every time you say my name tonight?"

"I looked up your name to see if there was one similar to it on my home world and found out there is and it means blood..."

"Haha! How funny."

Ma nodded once again and Jacob gave his apologetic shrug.

"Hey spook chaser Mr. Merak. I am sorry if I insulted you with what I said earlier. My friend and their family were grateful."

Meanwhile Ma was watching the vendors and said, "ah Eztli I had better go before they start charging me for your time. See you in two nights unless we run into each other again and before you mention it, no. And to the other thing you'll likely ask me after that, maybe."

He picked out one of the blood bag goods probably as a way to make up for taking Eztli's time though there wasn't anyone in line for him at the moment, paid for it, and started to leave. Once out of ear shot of his student, the vampire looked at Jacob with a serious face... "What are you to me anyways?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm
“No offense taken, Eztli. You can just call me Jacob. I know they were grateful, I made sure I didn't take out my mood on them... it's just that the spirit infesting their home was a particularly nasty one. Poltergeists can be either very minor things, or very disturbed, cruel creatures.”

As they left, Ma caught Jacob only partially off guard with his question.

“Well... That's a good question. I'd say...Hmm.” He thought a moment, wanting to try to be sincere and honest in what he said. “I suppose family friend sort of fits? I wanted to take this time in getting better acquainted with you. There's parts of me that still attempt to recluse myself, and I've really been making efforts to do away with a lot of that. I'd rather not come off as stand-offish or aloof anymore like I used to long in the past.” Jacob thought family friend sort of fit, but wasn't sure a closer idea of friendship or relationship would be fitting just yet because he didn't know what Ma thought exactly himself. For a moment, Ma could probably detect a slight hint of nervousness in Jacob. That want to be accepted that almost all people have it would seem.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 am
His heart race increased a bit and his palms started to sweat a little Ma observed of Jacob. "Your effort is admirable. Living a long time makes one more aloof because of everyone having a much shorter lifespan than you and dieing or also in my case...because I'm a vampire."

He pulled out the circular coin like object, crafted from some sort of animal bone with arcane symbols on it that Jacob gave him for Christmas. It now had wore wove around the edges to hold it in place for either a chain or to become a shirt pen....depending on how Ma felt. Though right now he had a black necklace string on it. "It is a good gift," he said and hid it in his clothes again.

But Jacob wasn't just what he answered with. It was a nice thing to tell others but the guy could boss him around with mere words. Ma remained silent for a while as they walked along. and didn't say anything else until they were approaching his place again. "What will you do if the original head of this family isn't dead?"  
Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games