Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Inleros Desiccated (Pathfinder full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:05 pm
Dion Necurat

I guess I'm trying to figure out what the Kineticist would do differently opposed to the Psychic Warrior in general. From the look of it, I'll probably be doing a mix of both rays and AoEs in order to have the optimum coverage of abilities (also, screw over swarms).

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I can take the archery track as bonus feats.

Archer track, pathfinder hasn't made a ruling on it, so it is up to the fearless dm

Psychic Warrior, is a blend class like the Magus or Bard, they are frontline fighters in general. Where a psion is more akin to a Wizard/Sorcerer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:10 pm
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

I guess I'm trying to figure out what the Kineticist would do differently opposed to the Psychic Warrior in general. From the look of it, I'll probably be doing a mix of both rays and AoEs in order to have the optimum coverage of abilities (also, screw over swarms).

Archer track, pathfinder hasn't made a ruling on it, so it is up to the fearless dm

Psychic Warrior, is a blend class like the Magus or Bard, they are frontline fighters in general. Where a psion is more akin to a Wizard/Sorcerer.

Quote:
A martial kineticist's bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as metapsionic or psionic feats. He cannot draw his bonus feats from the feats noted as combat feats.

Unfortunately, those feats constitute as combat feats. Now granted, I can still take those feats, just not at each level I gain a bonus feat.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:15 pm
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

Quote:
A martial kineticist's bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as metapsionic or psionic feats. He cannot draw his bonus feats from the feats noted as combat feats.

Unfortunately, those feats constitute as combat feats. Now granted, I can still take those feats, just not at each level I gain a bonus feat.

That is why I added Psionic Shot, it is a psionic feat, note it needs Point Blank Shot first, but still.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

Quote:

That is why I added Psionic Shot, it is a psionic feat, note it needs Point Blank Shot first, but still.

I figured bonus feats bypassed prereqs?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 pm
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

Quote:

Some do, some don't, unless they say precisely "even if he does not have the normal prerequisites." I normally er on the side of cation  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 pm
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira

Quote:

Some do, some don't, unless they say precisely "even if he does not have the normal prerequisites." I normally er on the side of cation

Alright, cool. I suppose then I'll choose my powers first, then pick out feats.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:28 pm
Dion Necurat

Have funs  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:59 pm
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

Have funs

Here's a good question: Inertial Armor vs Force Screen. I know I'd like one or the other (at least to start), but which is the better option?

EDIT: Also, do I get 0-level powers, or...  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 am
Dion Necurat
Here's a good question: Inertial Armor vs Force Screen. I know I'd like one or the other (at least to start), but which is the better option?

There are no level 0 powers, instead they are re-writes of level 1 powers called Talents. Talents are "cast" simply by maintaining one's Psionic Focus, told you a lot revolves around it razz .

Psions can get two talents from their Discipline, the first entry for the discipline. Or, can swap the disipline talents for three found here...

OR you can swap one power for five talents.

Now on to the the good question, do you plan on wearing armor? If so, go with Force Screen, being it is more akin to the Mage Armor(a hovering shield). If you plan to be a front line warrior, go with both. A +8 to AC [and upgrading it, as you level up, makes you even harder]and Flat-footed AC makes you harder to hurt.

Other wise, It doesn't really matter which one you go with, they both do the same in the end.

Edited: It makes more sense this way  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

There are no level 0 powers, instead they are re-writes of level 1 powers called Talents. Talents are "cast" simply by maintaining one's Psionic Focus, told you a lot revolves around it razz .

Psions can get two talents from their Discipline, the first entry for the discipline. Or, can swap the disipline talents for three found here...

Now on to the the good question, do you plan on wearing armor? If so, go with Force Screen, being it is more akin to the Mage Armor(a hovering shield). If you plan to be a front line warrior, go with both. A +8 to AC [and upgrading it, as you level up, makes you even harder]and Flat-footed AC makes you harder to hurt.

Other wise, It doesn't really matter which one you go with, they both do the same in the end.

Haven't really thought about it. Perhaps leather, just for the extra AC padding.

Would I still get a discipline even though I'm a kineticist?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:26 am
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

Haven't really thought about it. Perhaps leather, just for the extra AC padding.

If we are talking of the same thing, Kineticist is a discipline of the Psion class. Psions who specialize with Psychokinesis, movement of external forces with one's mind alone, are known as Kineticists.

So, you have your discipline, unless if you took the Dual Disciple archtype.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:32 am
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

If we are talking of the same thing, Kineticist is a discipline of the Psion class. Psions who specialize with Psychokinesis, movement of external forces with one's mind alone, are known as Kineticists.

So, you have your discipline, unless if you took the Dual Disciple archtype.

Aaaah, I see, gotcha.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:35 am
Dion Necurat
Aaaah, I see, gotcha.

Glad to be of help.
smile
I shall be here for another four hours, if you have more questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 am
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat
Aaaah, I see, gotcha.

Glad to be of help.
smile
I shall be here for another four hours, if you have more questions.

I probably will... XD  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:15 am
Xun Ira

In deciding powers, I notice that once I hit level 3, I can channel my range attacks into melee attacks. That being the case, would it be beneficial in the long run to multiclass into Monk?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff