Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:53 pm
NEW YEAR!
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to see what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue it the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwords." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

With: my second year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: Please note that if a student does not show up for class 10 points will be deducted from their house. Unless you are absent from the guild or reason is given for missing that class. First time a class is missed will be waved from point deduction.

Arkendrai
Dmitri Reed

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine
Prudence Lowery

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario

Violet the Maestro
Cecilia Barrington

Diamond Wales
Elijah Pemberton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:33 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxbeauty may be dangerous, but intelligence is lethal.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Dmitri walked out onto the Quidditch pitch and stood alongside his classmates. Honestly, he was excited to be out there, but he knew he was a pretty shite flyer so far. Really, that's the only reason he was taking this class again. That, and it would definitely help out with next year...he was planning on actually trying out for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team next year -- he'd finally have a little more experience on a broom... When the professor, Professor Price, asked them to introduce themselves, Dmitri was one of the first. "I'm Dmitri Reed, from Ravenclaw. I took this class to get better at flying and Quidditch so I could join the Quidditch team next year, maybe... I'd like to play as either a Chaser or a Beater."

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:02 am
I see you in my head and eye.
Your eyes are vacant and your mouth is bright.
And all you say are things I don't want to hear...
So I smash my hands against my broken ears...
We'll be the thoughts that you were warned about!
We are the shadows in your basement!
When you say doomsday, they say everything's alright!
But it's all the same, get yourself a number.
Oh, we've been watching you sleep.
We know your tricks, we know all your bad habits...
We know your secrets, we know what you've lost...
We sneak into your closet and have dinner with the skeletons!

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰˢᵉᶜᵒᶰᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Advanced Flying was a class Vander was actually looking forward to. It was outside, he suspected there wouldn't be very much homework, and he was learning more about quidditch. The professor was a bit too bright and sunny for his liking, but he kept his mouth shut until it was his turn to speak. "Evander Lillantine, Slytherin- I want to play Seeker for my house team." There. That was enough information, right? It wasn't as if anyone here wouldn't be interested in playing Quidditch. The class last year had covered the basics of flying.

OOC:
Username

All along you've been asking what's wrong with me!
All along you've been living your predicament!
Saying you were innocent, but what's that got to do with me?
We are the cracks in all you dream about!
We are the noises in your attic,
We'll be the people you were warned about!
We are the monsters in your closet!
Now despite your hopes, despite your prayers, you're broke like us.
We watch you when you're asleep, we hear as you grind your teeth...
We're always wearing smiles, but we're never what they seem.
You run when you're awake, but we still kill you when you dream!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:13 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorsecond yearpureblood

Pru knew she was going to love Advanced Flying purely because of it being outside. No stuffy classroom, no curtains drawn over the windows, no eerie torch light... Just fresh air, green grass, and a blue sky above them. The breeze ruffled her bangs, but she didn't bother to fix them, holding her broom firmly in one hand. "Pru Lowery, Gryffindor, sir. I'd love to play Keeper for Gryffindor." At first she thought she might like to be a beater, but she wasn't sure she wanted to be in such close proximity to bludgers all the time. She'd seen what they could do.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm
          User Image

LOUIS . MAURICIO. ADDARIO

Second . Year ,. Slytherin
9" hazel,. unicorn. tail. hair, . rigid

___ Louie hurried on to the field, excited to be up in the air again, unbridled and free. Right now, he felt so encumbered, weighed down beneath his uniform, jumper, and robes, strangled by a tie and lugging around a school broom he borrowed from the broom closet that morning. He wanted to be sure to have a sturdy broom, and have enough time to polish it before his first flying class. As he arrived on to the field in long strides padded by the green grass crunching underfoot, he diverted his gaze between Prudence, and Evander. A part of him wanted to join Pru, she'd be fun to talk too. But on the other hand, he supposed he ought to get to know Lillantine, they were Slytherin, and they needed to stick together, right? As much as Louie really wanted to join Pru; he knew he shouldn't. It wasn't like he'd have to deal with being in the same dorms as her for the next five more years, and he didn't want that target on his back. So, he shuffled along, nodded to his fellow Slytherin, took a place beside him and introduced himself lackadaisically to the professor. ”Louie Addario, Slytherin... And I just wanted a class where I don't sit behind a desk the entire team.”

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon listened to all the introductions of his students. He was happy to hear what position everyone was looking to play. Though when it came to Louis' reason for taking the class he couldn't help smile. "It's nice to meet all of you. I'll do my best to give you the skills you'll all need to be excellent Quidditch players." he told them. "And Louie I'm glad to hear you'd rather be out here then in the classroom. I can certainly relate." he added to Louis before getting into the lesson.

“Now for today our first topic will be the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

OOC: Sorry for my lack of activity. Next lesson will be up Sunday.

Arkendrai
Dmitri Reed 1/1

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine 1/1
Prudence Lowery 1/1

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario 1/1

Violet the Maestro
Cecilia Barrington 0/1

Diamond Wales
Elijah Pemberton 0/1

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright now, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around, it doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

OOC: ---

Arkendrai
Dmitri Reed 1/1

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine 1/1
Prudence Lowery 1/1

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario 1/1

Violet the Maestro
Cecilia Barrington 0/1

Diamond Wales
Elijah Pemberton 0/1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:50 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxbeauty may be dangerous, but intelligence is lethal.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Dmitri walked onto the quidditch pitch and just kinda stood around as he waited for class to start. When it did, Professor Price explained that they'd be working on barrel rolls. So we finally get to get on our brooms... He thought to himself, running his hand through his hair. The professor explained everything they needed to do to do a barrel roll, then demonstrated himself. Seems simple enough... Dmitri thought to himself. However, he knew how horribly he did last year in Flying I, it was easy enough for him to pass, but at times Dmitri was absolute shite on a broom. Letting out a long breath, Dmitri mounted his broom. He had to try and replicate what Professor Price had done...just the thought of trying it was making Dmitri nervous. Stop it, you idiot...if you psych yourself out, then you're not going to be able to do it... The thought to himself, drawing in a deep breath. After a moment of mental preparation, Dmitri attempted it. His legs were already locked together, his grip was tight, all he had to do was lean over, Professor Price even said that it didn't take that much force to spin all the way around... And so, that's what Dmitri tried. As he'd expected, he didn't go very far the first few tries, which only made Dmitri frustrated. After taking a few deep breaths, Dmitri was able to calm himself down enough after the first few tries to try once more. Once more seemed to be all it took. His legs were locked together, his grip tight, and when he learned over he found himself spinning the whole way around, then back into an upright position. Dmitri couldn't help the minuscule hint of a smile on his face when he was done.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:14 pm
          User Image

LOUIS . MAURICIO. ADDARIO

Second . Year ,. Slytherin
9" hazel,. unicorn. tail. hair, . rigid

___ Louie squinted against the bright sun; he held a hand over his eyes to block the intense waves, but they flittered between his fingers anyway. He marched against a strong gust of wind, the tails of his robes flapped wildly behind him until he reached the center of the field where a dragon fly buzzed just over his shoulder before it disappeared in the glare of the sun. Dmitri was the only other student who arrived before him, though he didn't deign himself to acknowledge him. When the professor instructed the students to retrieve a broom, he acquiesced, collected an old Comet series broom and used his robe to wipe the handle clean before he placed it on the ground, commanded a quick ”Up,” then waited for further instruction.

___ Before long, Louie was up in the air on his broom barely several meters off the ground. The air felt lighter up here, almost harsher to breathe, but he knew it was all in his head. It had to be. He hadn't gone very high. He steadied his breathing, in through flared nostrils and out through pursed lips, until he sneezed. Forced to shake his head, then rub the dander away from his nose with his fist, he locked his legs and gripped the handle before taking off. He leaned way too hard, corkscrewed for half a minute in a diagonal direction, and nearly plummeted into the earth. The second time, he didn't apply enough force, and hardly made a single turn down the field. The third, fourth, and fifth, were much the same, either too hard, or too soft, to attempt a successful roll through the air. Just when he thought he'd gotten the hang of it, his hand slipped, his chin smacked into the broom due to the lovely nature of gravity and would have fallen straight off his broom if his legs hadn't been clutching to it for dear life.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:31 pm
NEW YEAR!
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwords." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

OOC: Please note that if a student does not show up for class 10 points will be deducted from their house. Unless you are absent from the guild or reason is given for missing that class. First time a class is missed will be waved from point deduction.

King Beardly
Devonte Bannister
Layton Bannister

SummerIsles
Rider Willson

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey

mc2
Lola Ye

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop

amo10690
Adaline Davenport

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Selina hiked out to the Quidditch pitch with her brand new, barely used broomstick slung over her shoulder. She knew Lola was in the class with her, as was Layton, so she knew there would be some with her she'd know. If nothing else, she liked having an excuse to get out of the castle, even if she wasn't on the House quidditch team.

While Layton tried to get her to tryout, when it got right down to it, she really didn't feel so strongly attached to her House that she was willing to take a Bludger to the face for it, and sports never worked out well for her. At her old school she was always picked last whenever they chose up sides, and she had opportunities enough to be made to look foolish without inviting them upon her.

When the class was formed up on the pitch, and Professor Landon called upon them to introduce themselves, Selina bowed her head respectfully, and answered, "Grey, Selina Grey, Ravenclaw House, sir. I'm here to learn how to better fly a broom, and not so much interested in Quidditch."

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:23 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Lola stepped on the pitch and picked up one of the school brooms and then went over and stood beside Selina. When it came to her turn to introduce herself she smiled and said, "I'm Lola Ye and I'm in Ravenclaw. I decided to take the class because it never hurts to be a little better of a flyer. Also, I decided to try out for my house's team... beater... I thought something outside my comfort zone might be good." She shrugged at that and waited for the following introductions after this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:05 pm
I could buy myself a reason,
I could sell myself a job,
I could hang myself on treason,
All the folks I know are gone

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Slytherin ║ Pureblood ║ Chaser

Devonte walked out onto the field, for Advanced Flying. He stood on his own. "Devonte Bannister, Slytherin. I'm taking this class to improve my skills. I currently am a chaser on the Slytherin team."

OOC:

Quote:

So I ate the wedding cake,
Until the whole damn thing was gone,
And I'm gonna drown the ocean,
Now ain't none of that so wrong?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:08 pm
The days get shorter and the nights get cold,
I like the autumn but this place is getting old,
I pack up my belongings and head for the coast,

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Hufflepuff ║ Pureblood

Layton came in right behind Devonte's heels, looking towards their new professor and straightening himself out. "My name's Layton Bannister, I'm a Hufflepuff, and I'd like to be a seeker for the Hufflepuff team. Even with this." He pointed to his eyepatch, knowing that many would consider it stupid for him to pursue being a seeker, of all things, but crazier things have happened.

OOC:

Quote:

It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most,
The days get longer and the nights smell green,
I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image

Addie rushed down to the pitch where her favorite class was being held. She wondered if Joel was taking this class too. Maybe she should have waited for him. Too late now. She reached the pitch and she waited for the professor to begin. The flying instructor began and wanted the students to introduce themselves. Soon enough it was her turn, "I'm Adaline Davenport from Gryffindor. I'm hoping to be a Beater. I was reserve last year."  
Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff