Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe
Night Walker War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:48 am
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

(What is soul of a black kite? Is the glowing hare like a willow-wisp? Are these scary faeries? There are glowing hares in breath of the wild, but I guess I am not familiar with the background lore.)

Nefretiri allowed a small smile to form from the corner of her mouth. She was slightly miffed that the girl had figured that out already. “Very much so as of late…”

Is it something that you enjoy had a complex answer. It felt similar to drinking blood so she did enjoy it. Using it more often and more intensely than she used to had its own consequences. The more she used it, the more she enjoyed it. The more she used it, the more she wanted to use it. The more she used it, the more difficult it became to stop. The more she used it, the harder it became to not have it affect those around her more than a little. The more she used it, the less she truly cared about that.

It made traveling easier to have someone that could sustain themselves for a time on something else; she would feed on the fear and her blood drinker companions on the blood. “I can feed from it and go longer periods with less blood if I do…but I don’t wish to have such a pleasure on present company.”

She saw advantage to companions having the ability to stay calm when she wasn't focused on them with intent. “If one lacks the spirit but is knowledgeable for the rest could they teach it to someone that does?” (Those who cannot do teach)

Nefretiri allowed her eyes to wander as they walked. It was in part to remember how to get back to where they have been, in part to let the other red eyes know she saw them, and in part to admire the trees. They saw so many in their travels, but it had not quite become mundane to see. Thinking of the trees helped her push away the fear of potentially entering a lion's den. Once at Eydis's home, the party that would need better winter attire for some members in the coming weeks gathered around the fire as she indicated. “Such a fine house.” She assumed that log one was Eydis’s because it was the best looking of the homes. “I enjoy seeing the structures made of wood and so many trees. Wood is scarce where we come from.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 pm
“Ah poor Charon,” Cian said with a small smile, “I wonder how he felt about his missed coin.” Cian was glad that his friend’s family had had closure. It was one of those things little thought about but it could cause great anxiety…if one still thought about his or her family. Zeus only knew Cian hadn’t for a long time. And yet here he was now…remembering sweet Kallope’s hair and scent and his own adolescent idolatry of the woman.

Cian’s eyes went blank as he remembered the foolish reason he had left Daphne to her own devices soon after her making…He would always blame himself in part of that massacre. If he had been there, he could have prevented it. If he had stayed, he could have taught her about herself. He could have preserved that part of her spirit. He could have helped to make her less fearful. “I left her soon after she was reborn.” Was what he said to Veni now. He assumed Veni could fill in the blanks. Cian would not tell Veni everything as that was Daphne’s story to tell but he could at least give him some insight. The vampire smiled at the blond vampire’s next statement, “I’m always willing to practice and learn.” He explained, a courtier’s expression on his face.

Cian watched as Veni’s eyes moved from their conversation…Perhaps some ghost or critter that Cian could not see. There was a rune he knew to bring more…spiritual clarity to his eyes but it both took too long to draw and it was hardly necessary in this case. Cian also knew it would not bring whatever being into the full sight of his vision. For all his knowledge, the only thing with the ability to do that without the spirits’ consent was his maker.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 am
“Your leaving and her misfortunes are Rosemary’s and my boon because we may have never met otherwise or at least have formed a companionship.” Veni’s eyes looked back up and ahead after the ghost had left. He was unable to see certain ghosts as well before he had Jacob’s blood. Cats are believed to at least sense a spirit, but the necromancer’s blood had been potent and awakened previously unknown and unpracticed things.

He then had what he thought a good idea. He had been stuck on how to go about with a beginner’s explanation because he always sort of did it and others often figured out by watching him and willing it on their own. He held his and up and between them. “It occurred to me it might be easiest to start off simple like with a hand. A hand is where much magic is focused to as a release point, yes?” Though worded like a question this was more of a statement. With his elbow on the counter, but hand in a horizontal position he started to move his hand in a waving motion from the wrist much like one would to music. “This form is deceptive…it can be other things…my main limitation is how I perceive it for my being is not limited to this. While this is indeed my hand, it is merely in the most comfortable and least energy consuming form it can be in…neutral if you will…but I am a shadow of life and as the shadow of a hand isn’t always perceived as a hand, nor does mine.”

His hand looked like a dark fluid mass that somehow held up instead of sagging attached to his arm. It had started changing at the fingertips until the whole hand was consumed a little past the wrist. He moved his other hand through the shadowy area which parted and came back together like water. Their companion reached for the cookie the ghost had touched and continued to obseve in silence. “This is the easier one I think. Objects can pass through or I can influence objects. Very few things can damage this state. More difficult is to have this form in something sturdier…” His fingers became very pointed and long. His hand hardened as if it could withstand a blade strike from another powerful being. It shifted back to that liquid darkness of before. “You can also choose to have it look like a familiar's paw or mist if you so desire. For me this is as simple as willing it to happen much like moving a finger, but maybe a bit more precise like a practiced one. The body should know what to do but with more of a conscious effort…self hypnosis comes to mind like when it is one for relaxing. It has you start at your extremities picturing them shutting off and move inwards. Do you understand? You may touch my ‘hand’ if it helps your understanding.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís nodded with the Egyptian one’s statement. Though she was curious about what creatures most foul would be drawn up from the terrors the other woman might bring, she was more than grateful that the beautiful one chose not to do it here.

Eydís hummed a “no” when asked if one could teach the magic. “I suppose you might be able to.” She offered after a brief bit of silence, “You would not be able to teach the spirit though. You must teach the spirit.” Otherwise, it was like teaching a person to dance with no partner. It could be done, however, one would not know where to place his feet as there would be another to glide across the floor. Eydís giggled suddenly at the thought.

“No Trees?” Asked Eydís in wonder, “Oh. You are from a larger town then. There are trees that surround your town.” Still, the little goddess smiled with glee and pride as she overlooked her kingdom, “You will stay in my home.” She added, in a singsong tone.

Cotiso and Rescuturme went as quickly as they could. There were not so many to gather but there were enough. There were many still out in the night, hunting. Still, as the call to gather was sounded, several more of her children appeared around the fire. Interesting to note, there were no other children.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:39 pm
The gray and white striped tabby cat wandered the streets of Gaia. His friend should have joined her by now. The cat meowed her complaint to the night sky. She sat on the sidewalk, bringing a paw to her face to lick. Once. Twice. Wash your face, clean it off. She sniffed the air.

Still, no friend approached. He did not appear.

She walked a bit, then stopped again, meowing. Demanding.

The kitten grumbled. Usually her blond friend brought her snacks.

She sniffed the air again. No, she did not smell him. She sighed. Would it have been easier to seek a new slave?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:51 pm
Cian tried not to wince. He did not succeed. “Your leaving and her misfortunes are Rosemary’s and my boon because we may have never met otherwise or at least formed a companionship.” The Roman vampire’s words echoed in his mind as he mulled them over. They had hit him where his still heart had once beat. He did not like to consider Daphne’s trauma as a boon. It really wasn’t. What she had done left scars on her soul that were so deep that even for all the time she had been…reborn, she had worn those scars. Cian knew she didn’t let it show, though. She kept it hidden. She kept it locked up tight. Did Veni understand that he could never say those words to Daphne? Did Rosemary understand how much they would wound the blonde? In the end, the Grecian vampire let it go. He did not press his feelings on the matter. Veni said them in his confidence. He meant them to be a compliment not a lethal jab. That counted for something.

”I...caution you to not use those words with Daphne. I do not believe she views the trauma as a boon. I think she feels she would have ended her journey here one way or another. As would have I as I would follow her to the ends of the earth.” Cian mentioned mildly, his voice not unkind.

The subject of magic then was addressed. Cian’s own magic was language and hand based. He knew Daphne’s mostly seemed based on soul and mind and touch. His maker...well, he believed hers to be different. He understood the principle that Veni seemed to be explaining; it reminded him of Aristotle and the idea of the perfect idea of an object.

As a trained soldier, Cian found the idea of turning off ones extremities difficult. He was aware of each of his parts. He stood still for a few moments, concentrating. He was a statue as he thought about how to do it.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:24 pm
Veni merely nodded and dropped the subject wanting to focus more on something else. “Claws might be easier still.” Veni spun his bar chair around to face the now standing Cian. He flexed his hand, much like a cat flexing its paw, his nails getting longer as he did so. “What if I want to swipe at something just out of reach and let’s pretend I can’t get closer? Please humor me by allowing me to demonstrate.” He swiped toward Cian with it, but he was out of reach. “Let’s say I don’t want to alert my target by moving much and let’s pretend there’s nothing you can levitate at them.”

Veni did another cat swipe from his sitting position and this time it reached closer. When the movement ceased it was apparent his claws were longer than what came naturally to him as they were thinner and his fingers slightly deformed. “We’ll call this one ‘refining a weapon to better suit their need’…that’s what soldiers do don’t they?” Veni tilted his head and smiled almost sinisterly; this revealed that his fangs were longer too. “I have seen your fangs change in length; the sensation is similar.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:32 am
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Night

“I would still like to see if the effort is fruitful,” said Nefretiri about learning a calming technique that she could potentially pass onto people who she did not desire to have her presence affect. “Once again Little Goddess, I am grateful for your perceived generosity,” she said aware of other nightwalkers surrounding them. She did not turn or move to greet them as she wasn’t sure what was custom in this land. She only acknowledged them with a glance of her eyes and an unconscious instinctual slight flair of her aura as if to warn them to stay away from her. It was only subtle and hardly more than what the ambient amount had been previously. The humans settled close to the fire for warmth and three of the four other vampires of the little traveling band mostly stood behind them; between them and the other vampires. The other one sat down next to the humans.

She smiled slightly and continued the conversation as if the newcomers weren’t there at all, but at the same time she said more about themselves for the new arrival’s benefit.“Yes, I am from a larger town with human made structures that rival the height of some of these trees,” Nefretiri replied without correcting the second part. She had already said wood was scarce, but Eydís seemed unable to visualize an area with few trees. “And the sun is quite hotter, and the air more dry, but there is a river nearby that makes the land fertile for growing food…oh so much food that if properly stored, the humans can still eat during a few years of famine. I have witnessed many bad harvests, but, though difficult, it was well if there was a good harvest the previous year. And because of this trade was also good for goods such as an expensive commodity like cinnamon. However,” Nefretiri frowned slightly, “because of the land’s ability to produce food other peoples, conquering people, have wanted it to help feed them as well, so they come wanting the fruit of the river and land to feed their armies. But I think the conquering Nightwalkers would have still come even if Egypt wasn't fruitful for the their conquering humans.”

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:28 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Night

“Mmm be wary of the fruit some plants produce.” Eydís intoned cryptically, “But yes. Yes. I will teach you. You will learn. So will your priest. I will teach him.” Her otherworldly eyes took in the priest, staring again as if she could see his soul.

Eydís nodded with the darker one’s statement regarding her generosity as if it were expected and already known.

Eydís’ children began to fill the clearing, began to gather. Eydís hummed a song from before --an old lullaby. The childlike vampire only stopped when the other began explaining her town and the sun’s heat.

Hm.

The sun’s heat…

There were few times Eydís missed the sun--this was one of them. The moon was pleasant but so distant. So cold. A pale companion for the sun. A pale reflection of the sun’s might. The sun represented life and growth...The moon represented death to the makeshift guardian goddess. It was when the demons, specters and spirits could come out to walk the dark soil. The night of the soul.

It was times like now that Eydís could not remember how the sun felt. She could not remember the warmth caressing her cheeks nor the way the light shifted during certain times--from the colder winter sun to the brighter summer heat. It was almost as foreign as the idea of Egypt.

Sometimes in the spirit realm, the sun made an appearance...it was rare though. The spirits enjoyed the stars, the feeling of the moon. The sun sometimes burned the spirits.

“Some are not satisfied with what they have. They feel it is within their right to reach for more and more without heeding consequences.” Rare bitterness seeped into the childlike vampire’s tone. Her maker had paid for his filthy sins. He received his consequences when his progeny became a lethal huntress. “Their time of ruin will come. The consequences for one’s action always have a way of coming back.”

Eydís turned from the other vampire and to the small group that had gathered. Eydís dipped her hand into her herbal satchel once more, she smudged the rune from her neck, then redrew it, altering it slightly. Her voice would reach everyone’s ears now despite the language barriers.

Around the edges of the clearing, Eydís’ lieutenants’ gazes shifted from the family to their matriarch.

“My children, my friends…” she spoke, a queen holding court.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:51 am
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Night

The priest in question looked past Eydís to avoid her gaze for he was not a priest of Eydís and these night gods had alluring gazes. “If Nefretiri desires it, I will learn,” he said though he could see value in knowing it. He sat with the others when they arrived.

Eydís paused in her speech as if waiting for something which wasn’t lost on Nefretiri who began introductions. “My companion Sheut Thoth and I, Nefretiri, are the leaders of our traveling party mostly from the Roman conquered land of Egypt to the south. Ta-Mieuw is Sheut Thoth’s mother. Azizi is an old lion who decided to come with us.”

The other vampires introduced themselves Sha (undecided, probably male), Uni (female), Andrea (female), and Dimas (male); the humans stood as they introduced themselves as Shani (female) and Masud (male).* “Tutankhseneb, hem-netjer-tepi (basically high priest) in service to Nefretiri.” He sat back down and stared into the flames, then at the stars.

“Sha, Uni, and Andrea are what are left of my children.” That she knew of. There could have been more. ”Dimas comes from another wiped out clan.”

*And if you want more feel free to add one.

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:05 am
Kitten Time!

From atop a building two fiends heard the demanding meow of a kitten. Dan looked towards the creature making a fuss. "Say, isn't that the cat Master Veni fancies?"

"I think you mean 'humors.' Look at her call for him," said Daisy wrinkling her nose a little.

"Shall we play with it?"

"Absolutely not! We'll...'humor' the cat as Master has forgotten..." Her eyes closed partially. "Poor thing." She smiled mischievously.

"Poor who?" asked Dan.

"I wonder..." They both laughed.

Daisy got up and, with inhuman speed, entered a store, grabbed a pop top can of kitty food, left a couple dollars on a counter, and left the store before anyone including the cameras could see her. She appeared next to her brother and with a glance at each other, they left their rooftop perch, appearing near, but not too close to the kitten.

"Imperatrix," said Dan putting on his best pleasant smile while trying to not look a little sinister. Meanwhile Daisy pulled the top off the can with a loud pop. She blew the scent of the food towards the kitten, set the can down, and took a step back.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:50 am
Kitten Time!

The grey and white stripped tabby let out another plaintive meow. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw movement. Her ears and nose twitched. Her tail swayed.

Friend?

Two hunters appeared in the shape of the only slave the kitten feared: children. Children pulled your tail. Children teased string just out of your reach.

...but children also dropped the best snacks. Her eyes watched them carefully, her body low to the ground.

"Imperatrix," Her ears and nose twitched again. That word was meant to call her, no? It was what her light-coated friend called to her when he saw her.

Imperatrix shifted her weight and rolled to her side to the ground. She rubbed her head against the sidewalk with another meow. It wasn't for long--the children brought food. Imperatrix was soon on her feet again. She took wary steps toward the children before winding in between their legs.

The kitten looked down at the food they brought. This was to be their offering to her? Imperatrix looked up at the fiends. She let out a loud complaint--a loud meow. Her friend brought much better food. She ought to wait for him.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:08 am
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Night

Eydís had intended her pause to be brief--enough to gather the attention of her visitors, her family, and her supplicants. Her shoulders tensed then shrugged with the foreign queen’s introductions. Her airy nature allowed her to ignore the looks of confusion that spread across her flock--her lieutenants saw the confusion but did nothing but stare at their queen.

A cool wind blew across the community. Eydís closed her eyes, around her the spirits’ voices rose (silently save for the Spirit Walker’s ears) with the wind.

The foreign queen finished. It was twenty long, silent seconds before Eydís’ eyes opened to her subjects once more.

“Take note of these names.” She called out suddenly. She repeated the names as the foreign queen had stated them--her accent only slightly off, “Memorize these faces.” Her eyes roamed her flock, making her intent known, “The spirits call for action this night. They mention change--collaboration, unity. They whisper of a Southern threat.” the childlike night creature holding court, paused, “My family, these strangers now bear my claim. You will bring them no harm.Memorize their faces, their names because if you bring them any harm, my judgment will be swift.”

Eydís turned to her guests, “My eyes will also be trained to you. Should you test my hospitality, the same consequences will be dealt. The same judgment must be given to all.” The spirit wind blew again, a small, eerie smile rose to Eydís’ lips as her hair was lifted gently. The smile fell away as her hair came down once more. She met the eyes of all of the foreign vampires, then those of her lieutenants.

“Do not test me.” She warned. She did not dare say that her word was like that of a god’s. To do so would place her at risk in the spirit realm. It would not due to anger the primeval nameless gods.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:52 am
Kitten Time!

“Fancy Feast is apparently not fancy enough,” said Daisy with a slight sneer staring down at the ingrate. The cat was fed well enough to turn down what the vampire thought to be the better end of cat food.

Dan meanwhile was staring into the kitten’s eyes trying to make sense of the garble he was picking up. Veni could communicate with the strays and even command them to do some tasks when he wanted. Did he give the cat like 5 star dining crap? Not that he really knew what that was save what he saw on TV… he left suddenly.

Daisy waited several minutes before she tried to see if the kitten liked to be petted and even paid attention to where the cat liked and disliked being stroked. Dan eventually returned with a paper plate in hand with a bowl covering. He lifted the bowl off the plate like a butler to reveal human food grade canned white albacore tuna covered in roe; unlike Daisy he didn't leave money.

“Wait, why are you taking this so seriously?” Daisy grabbed the can she bought and chucked it hard and far as Dan set his plate down.

Dan shrugged. “I am curious as to why Veni humors this particular little creature.”  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:00 am
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Night

Who’s to punish you should you bring harm? Nefretiri wondered, but not out loud. “I do not intend to test you, but…just so it is clear…let’s say one from my group were to intentionally do harm on their own, and, I am assuming that you are skilled at truth seeing, you are able to determine that no one else was involved, meaning that I nor anyone else told them to do harm; would you judge all or the one?”

RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff