Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:14 pm
Stranger in the dark, the lonely night;
Heard your mother, calling:
"Where you been, Cain, where you been?
Where’s your brother?"
Abel in the dark, Abel in the night;
Heard his brother, calling:
"Watch your sin, Cain, watch your sin
Remember, I’m your brother."

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ˁᴸʸᵀᴴᴱᴿᴵᴺˁᴱᶜᴼᴺᴰ ʸᴱᴬᴿᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺ

If Rhys were to come in here again and backtalk the professor, Cy was certain he would someday die happy. It had been like watching fireworks go off. It didn't help that Hill practically begged to be defied with his usual sour attitude. It had only been a matter of time until some young brave soul decided to put him to the test. Though, that didn't mean Cy wasn't relieved that young brave soul had not been him. With the general over saturation of sweetness that would rot your teeth in his year, a public power struggle with Hill was less likely to gain you admirers than it might otherwise be.

OOC:
Quote:

The light goes down; a mark from God;
You’re shaking now, your brother’s blood...
Left alone, what have you done?
Your father’s boy, your mother’s son!
Adam in the dark, Adam in the night...
Heard a father calling, "Man and sin, Cain,
Remember, man and sin love each other."
Eve in the dark, the lonely night, only mother calling...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:06 am
User Image
User Image

Liam slipped into a seat at the front of the classroom, and waited for Professor Hill to begin. When he finally did, he seemed to be having some mixed emotions, but the Ravenclaw was quite certain he wasn't one of the few who could had contributed to the bad ones.

Before the teacher had pointed out the plant next to him, it had successfully caught the boy's eye. He had read all about mandrakes over the summer, but had yet to see one in person. Talk of the potentially-deadly creature-like plant straightened his posture and piqued his interest. Despite already knowing of the threat this plant posed, it was a much different experience being in the presence of one than it had been reading text and analyzing bland depictions of them in his brother's old textbooks.

He considered answering the professor's question regarding the limited threat of an immature mandrake, but a Hufflepuff girl, though not very specific, seemed to sum it up in a question-like answer that illustrated her own hesitation. The lack of interest in the other students to pay attention, let alone participate, once again reminded Liam that not everyone found interest in each of the courses at Hogwarts.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:05 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:09 am
When the monsters are sleeping under your bed;
They've crawled out from under and into your head!
And outside the carcass, into your skin...
And you need someone to keep it like it's said-
Your wishes into the air.
So someone listens, someone is there,
And you won't know anything about it...
Until you have to live without it.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ second year │ halfblood

Di didn't like Professor Hill. And she didn't like Herbology. But that didn't mean she wasn't going to try in this class. She still wanted to do well, after all, even if just the name Abyssinian Shrivelfig was enough to bore her out of her wits. It was probably important to learn about them if they were so useful, anyways. Besides, this was her only class today, so she should at least show some effort. She got to work trimming the tree, trying to avoid healthy looking stalks.

OOC:
Username

Chasing the fire for you, light in the nightmare-
Watching from high above you...
If you can make it, then the sun will rise!
It doesn't matter if you closed your eyes!
Before you wake up, I'll keep you safe tonight.
'Cause I am a warrior and I'll fight, I'll fight;
The wheels are moving behind your face.
Your arms are directing the time and the place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:30 pm
User Image
Z A L L I E
R O S E
D O Y L E

Hufflepuff2nd Year12 Years OldSingle

Zallie had a smile on her face as she moved into the greenhouse. She loved herbology, even if Professor Hill scared her more than a little. She was very convinced that one day the man might just bite her head off. When the class had all showed up and the doors were locked, she listened intently to what they were learning. She was more than happy to learn that they weren't covering what they had learned last year. She didn't need any more of that. When the man was done speaking she slipped on her gloves and carefully took up the shears. She was careful to avoid anything that shouldn't be cut and used a gentle hand to help the tree in the way it needed so it could continue to thrive.

OOC:
Username

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:22 pm
xxxxxxxxxUser Image

Cerry moved into the greenhouse, not especially looking forward to having herbology once again. The summer had been a great time to completely ignore the subject. Unless she was near the Doyle's because Jane and Zallie could talk about plants for hours. It was literally insane. Cerry didn't care. It was as simple as that. Not to mention she was sure the professor was a complete and total lunatic. It was only a matter of time before he started killing. Why else would he lock them all in on a regular basis? As if on cue the doors locked and he began speaking. Cerry was not at all pleased that they didn't have chairs, she was lazy and she fully admitted that. Clearly she was going to let Zallie do all the work, she doubted the girl would even let her touch the tree with anything sharp. That left her to stand and pretend she was actually doing something. When the teacher let them get to work Cerry watched her friend carefully. As usually she seemed to have an innate sense and knew exactly what they were supposed to do. She just held onto her tools, not sure if she dared trying to make a move.

ooc; outfit in top pic
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Gryffindor First Year

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:15 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Herbology (greenhouse) - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Raymond walked into the greenhouse and took a seat. He wasn't thrilled about Professor Hill, however he didn't mind the class. As soon as Professor Hill started speaking, the Slytherin looked up and began taking a variety of notes. They were doing new material which was fine and it seemed to be the kind that helped with potions class. Writing down the many uses of Abyssinian Shrivelfigs, Raymond wondered what kind of potion it would be used for.

Instead of asking though, Raymond remained quiet. Watching how they were supposed to trim the plants. Putting on his gloves, the Slytherin looked his plant over. He doubted that anyone would want to partner with him, not including Nike or Ralph. Pushing that thought aside Raymond started trimming the dead parts of the plant. It was pretty simple, find where the dead and the living meet and snip.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:11 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I am honestly surprised. At least a few of you seemed to be more competent than you showed last year, and I am highly disappointed that you did not reveal this during classes. As such, I don't find myself feeling as though this class is going to be a complete disaster like I fear it could easily be. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:08 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:09 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:27 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Second Year Twelve Years OldSingle

This was one class Fianna did not look forward to. She was half-convinced her teacher was some psychopath, no matter how much her cousin talked him up, and expected to find him eating some poor student whom ticked him off, or grinding them up for compost. While she passed the class last year, her grades weren't exactly ... spectacular, which earned her a lecture from Da about 'scraping by with a barely passing grade not being good enough'. She'd been warned if she didn't pick up her grades this time out, she'd have Linny as a tutor, the same way her sister did for her Transfigurations classes. Not that Fianna's Transfigurations scores were much better ...

It was exactly her luck to be first to show up for class, and she made a point to keep her distance and not make any sudden noise, at least not until the doors snapped shut and class started.

Unlike other teachers, Professor Hill went straight into new material, which was good and bad. Good because Fianna got bored with all the review, bad because she'd barely even cracked a schoolbook over the summer. So when it came time to start in on pruning a Shrivelfig, she was a bit nervous about doing so under Professor Hill's watchful eye. She still wasn't convinced he couldn't smell fear.

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

-YEAR // Second
    -AGE // 12
    -APPAREL // Schooling Robes
    -ITEMS // Pack, wand, book, note taking items, and Herbology supplies.
    -COMPANY // Professor Hill, and Fianna Grey
    -RELATIONSHIP // Single
    -THINKING // 'A new year, a whole lot of new possibilities.'
    -FEELING // Excited.
    -LOCATION // Herbology II Greenhouse - First Row - Second Tree to the Left

══════════════════════════════════════════

XXXBenjamin was one of the first students to arrive to the class, and he was determined to keep up his near to perfect marks. He noticed that Fianna was already in the green house, but he opted to pick a tree that was the healthiest, as he had already taken a guess at what the lesson would be about. From the back of the class, he spotted one near the front that would be perfect, and when he got to his tree he quietly examined it first before setting down his pack and gardening items, wanting to make sure it was to his liking before settling in. The Abyssinian Shrivelfig that he had chosen was nearly perfect, and really only needed to be pruned here and there, which would make this assignment easy for him.

He dropped his pack quietly, slipped on his dragon hide gloves, and waited to officially get the instructions to snip the dead stalks from the plant. When Professor Hill mentioned about there not being any professional herbologists at the school besides himself and Professor Thorne, he kept a stolid façade; but was really fuming in his head.

'If I could take my NEWTs right now, I probably would be a professional, and I could probably take up your post better than you are now. At least my students wouldn't be afraid of me, and I wouldn't put them down all the time.' He thought quietly to himself.

He listened to the rest of the instructions and advice, then proceeded to work on the assignment before him.

((OOC: ))

══════════════════════════════════════════

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:27 pm
      User Image
      User Image
      𝓼𝒆𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝒆𝓪𝓻 𝓻𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀

Monika arrived at her Herbology lesson with Ahnna, her arms filled with books. She enjoyed this class, and enjoyed the company of her best friend even more. Thankfully, being in the same house and having the same class schedule usually put them together when they were headed to class. Moni took her seat, saving one next to her for Ahnna, and took out a clean piece of parchment and a quill to take notes. Around the room were multiple trees and pairs of trimming sheers. Clearly, they would be doing a class exercise involving those objects today. As Professor Hill spoke, Moni wrote down what he told them all, being sure to get down all of the key points so she wouldn't fail their exercise today. "Would you like to be partners, Ahnna?" she asked, turning to her friend and smiling. She knew that her seafoam-haired companion wasn't fond of this particular class, so maybe she could help her with this project.

I am moving through the crowd. Trying to find myself.
                                                                    Feel like a guitar that's never played. Will someone strum away?
                                                                    And I ask myself, who do I wanna be? Do I wanna throw away the key?
                                                                    And invent a whole new me? And I tell myself, no one, no one.
                                                                    Don't wanna be no one but me.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Devlyn Maycry

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
      • Millionaire 200
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Dressed Up 200

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 pm
      H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

Second Year RavenclawMetamorphmagus

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                                      you thought that we could ever be.
                                                                      Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                                      We'll I'm empty.
                                                                      You're empty.

Ahnna walked into class with Monika. They tended to end up walking to classes together most of the time. Beyond the fact that they were best friends, they also shared the same schedule, and the same house. So they were technically also roommates. They spent a lot of time together because of all that. In general Ahnna liked all her classes, but this one.... this one was hard to like. She not only was terrible at it, but the professor was the type to murder her if she hurt his plants... and she was awful with his plants. She tried her best! She just really sucked at plants. She grinned when Moni asked if they wanted to be partners. "Yes!" She exclaimed, clinging to her best friends arm as they headed towards one of the trees. At least Monika would probably save her from actually killing one of the trees. She quickly pulled on her dragon hide gloves and picked up the sheers before staring at the tree. "That branch looks a little dead right?" She asked slowly, before carefully snipping it off. She hoped she didn't kill the stupid thing.

She's like a rock
                                                                      and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                                      to hold on to.
                                                                      And there's gotta be,
                                                                      gotta be something more than this.
                                                                      In a life full of exits and entrances.

The Shiny Furret

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash