Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Yet Another 1x1 - Zelly & M3G Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:31 pm
This, of course, caught her attention. "Draconis wing? Is that a constellation?" she asked, now looking up at the sky as well. Morgan couldn't help but wonder how different things were in this world compared to Earth, even simple things like the alignment of stars.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:41 pm
Rylen looked at her, almost shocked before remembering who he was talking to. With a smile like he was almost excited to show off his knowledge he scooted closer to her and looked back up at the sky. "You see that line of five stars up there? Kind of a wide upside down 'V' shape with a bright star at either end?" he said pointing upwards, his head practically touching hers to help guide her view. "Those stars at either end there are the tips of its wings, and that middle one is the head craned upward. Follow the sort of center collumn down to that bright point there.." he slowly moved his finger across the sky, tracing out the shape of a great dragon, soaring upward. "...and at the end is its tail." He continuously glanced back at Morgan the whole time, wondering if she could see it and if she could guess what the creature was from his description and the name alone.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:22 am
Once Morgan spotted the star cluster that Rylen was pointing out, she became giddy like a school girl on Spring Break. Her eyes were wide in excitement and wonder, her lips fixed into what seemed to be a permanent grin. "How fascinatin'! Tell me, does this constellation have a story behind it? Back home, most of them do."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 pm
"Well, astronomy isn't my forte, but if I recall correctly, Draconis was supposedly the name of the very first dragon to walk the earth and who caused massive amounts of destruction. And, on the other side of the world, there's a constellation of a warrior called Valthen, supposedly the warrior to finally slay Draconis." Rylen picked up a stick and started tracing a circle in the dirt, followed by a simple line sketch of Draconis and the warrior opposite it. "The way Valthen is arranged in the sky makes it look like he's charging into battle with his sword pointed forward. You can only see them both at the same time one month out of the whole year, and only in the northern most regions of the world, and it looks like the two of them are charging towards each other from across the sky. They say even thousands of years after their first battle, they still continue their fight in the night sky."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:31 pm
"That is too awesome!" Morgan exclaimed with much delight, clearly quite pleased with the tale. "It reminds me of the constellation known as Cancer and its story." Which, of course, she began by giving a brief summary of Heracles' story. She detailed Zeus' general reputation for promiscuity, how Heracles was one of his many bastards, and how Hera - in her jealousy - did all she could to kill him. She talked briefly about his twelve labors, but put the most focus on the fight with the Hydra and where Cancer came in to play. "...Cancer was sent to aid the Hydra in its battle against Heracles, which it did by nipping at his feet whilst he battled the mighty serpent. Of course, his strength was no match for Heracles', so he was promptly crushed beneath his foot. It was said that Hera created an image of Cancer in the sky, as thanks for his service. Of course, none of this actually happened - it was just a myth from Ancient Greece. Don't know how it came to be, really."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:37 pm
Rylen smirked a little. "Well our constellations are actually based on real events and figures. In truth, Draconis was badly wounded in the fight but did ultimately win the fight before flying off somewhere...or so they say." he quickly added. "I think people for one don't like the human hero losing, and having them forever battle in the sky just sounds more romantic I suppose." he said with a simple shrug.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:45 pm
"I can actually see that being the case. Though, I have to wonder what the real Draconis and Valthen were like. Were they really the hero and villain that history seems to have written them as?" Morgan pondered, briefly fascinated by the idea. These were real individuals, after all, unlike Cancer and Heracles. There certainly had to be some human, or at least complex, traits to them both. Traits that were probably long lost to the passage of time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:51 pm
"Not in the slightest." Rylen said simply before feeling something hit his head. He felt around the top of his head before looking up, another something hitting his shoulder, and then his hand. "Rain?? Tch, the skies were clear just a few hours ago!" he cursed as he quickly hopped up and pulled Morgan to her feet, pulling her under the cover of tree branches as the best option for cover as the sprinkling raindrops quickly turned into a downpour.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:56 pm
Morgan, despite the rain, still seemed to be in good enough spirits to offer a small chuckle. "Mother Nature is as unpredictable and flighty as ever, it seems." she commented in good humor, soon leaning herself against the bark of the tree. "Say, that reminds me, can magic impact the weather in this world?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:30 pm
"Certainly, though only a truly skilled and experienced mage can do it." Rylen said as he leaned against the tree trunk, huddled up beside Morgan as he peered up at the dark sky from beneath the branches. "Far out of my league, I'm afraid." he said as he settled back down on the ground and attempted to make himself comfortable against the tree.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:22 pm
"Oh, I imagine! Even in my world, that sort of thing is pretty advanced. Technology hasn't come that far in my world, but we can predict weather patterns. So, for the most part we can tell when it's about to rain - or even when a cyclone is heading in our direction, so we can properly evacuate." Morgan commented, looking almost wistful. "It's interesting how two different societies can be so similar, yet so different, isn't it?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:30 pm
"We can do that too. They're called seers and can look a short distance into the future." Rylen wasn't terribly impressed as he lightly tugged on her sleeve to sit her down beside him. "Come on, traveling is hard enough without getting sick too. I'm sure you must be getting cold." he tried not to think about the implications of his actions as he wrapped an arm around her, huddling close in the cold wet weather, bare tree coverage be damned, and held up a hand in front of him to create a small green flame in his palm. "It's no cozy blanket, but it'll do. I'll keep it going until you're asleep." he assured her with a kind smile.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:44 pm
Morgan's cheeks rosied somewhat at the physical contact, but she said nothing on the matter as Rylen did have a point. At least, nothing to betray her nervousness. "A little bit, yes. Thank you." Yet, she couldn't bring herself to make eye contact. No, it was too embarassing - although she couldn't for the life of her fathom why.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:55 pm
After several minutes of silence filled only by the pouring rain and the faint crackling of his flame, Rylen finally spoke again. "Anyone waiting for you to come home? I know you said you never had much in the way of close friends, but family, or a loved one? So far you haven't mentioned anything or anyone worth going home to, at least from my perspective." he said absently.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm
Morgan, not putting too much thought into the question, answered with surprising ease. "Nope. I'm as singularly single as can be~" Her voice even seemed to have an almost sing-songy tune to it as she spoke.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff