Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mik4ilah & By Whatever You Wish's introductory 4e D&D game! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:40 pm
Mik4ilah
Rain Yupa
Mik4ilah
Thanks a LOT! this is how my profile looks now woe it's me!

Still need your skill bonuses I mentioned ^-^

Likewise, with your Surges/Day.

A recommendation I made to Flames, is to uncheck all your powers, and to check them off when you use them. You don't HAVE too, but I find that least confusing.

Still went with Hit-and-Run anyways, even though you can't use your bow with it?

You didn't list your leather armor (which I presume by your +2 armor bonus).

I honestly think 300 arrows is too much. I think 90 would be more than enough. Remember, you have to carry all this! It's unwieldy! I might even recommend going down to 60. That'd be 2 quivers on your back. Imagine carrying 10!!!

Now for your attack & damage workspace. Since it looks like you'll be using ranged AND melee attacks, I want you to do the following:

For Ability 1 (in both), type Dexterity (or Dex). For Ability 2, type Strength (or Str).
Attack workspace, row 1: '2' for Prof (from your longbow).
Attack workspace, row 2: '3' for Prof (from your longsword and dagger; both have the same bonus).

In the end, you should have +6 to hit with your bow, +6 to hit with your blades. +4 damage with your bow, +3 with your blades.

Sudden observation: Are you sure you want your ability scores as they are? Fox's Cunning has a bonus equal to your Wisdom, and many other future powers you will see Wisdom pop up. Currently, your wisdom bonus is 0. You can still use Fox's Cunning, but you get absolutely no extra bonus to your attack roll (making it just like any regular attack).

Though you already have the bonuses listed in the quick look-up correctly (minus the damage bonuses), having the attack stats in the workspace on the right will let you know when it increases as you level up. :3

Beyond the things I listed here (and some are optional), the only things you need are your description and background (you don't need to work too hard on this), and towards the top, you have 1 action point.

Flames, you have one too, I forgot to mention that.

I'll check your gold when we know for certain about your equipment choices! :3

Oh ok, I'm fixing it right now. thanks for the observations.one quick question. what is the real advantage of using two weapons instead of one but using it two-handed (just read about versatile weapons).

Looks like your final gold should be 12 gp left, out of 100? 25 for leather armor, 30 for bow, 15 for sword, 1 for dagger, 2 for 60 arrows, 15 for standard adventurer's kit.

Still need the skill bonuses and surge total 4laugh

Also, just noticed that you're missing the +2 bonus to initiative from Quick Draw. That would go under Misc, giving you a +6 to initiative rolls.

Something for both new players, about bonuses: If it ever lists a type of bonus (feat, racial, power, item, etc), it never stacks with any other bonuses with the same type. An example is Quick Draw and Improved Initiative. Quick Draw gives a +2 feat bonus to initiative checks, and Improved Initiative gives a +4 feat bonus to initiative checks. If you took both feats, you'd take the higher of the two, rather than combining them, because they are both the same type.

Untyped bonuses stack though!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 pm
Kowsauni

Okay, did you want in? They seem to want your companionship for this entry level mission.

If so, it's PHB1 only (for their first game). If that's not a dealbreaker, roll me some dices!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:01 pm
Okay, a Dwarf Fighter, Half-Elf Ranger, and Eladrin Warlord have all been audited! biggrin

I'm a fan of surprise premises, so all you guys will know is that you are traveling adventurers, and for the most part until work presents itself, you travel looking for it. Game will start when you arrive at a town and plot is dropped in your lap! 4laugh I will leave it up to all of you if you know none, some, or all of each other prior to the start. 3nodding

Just gonna wait and see what Kowsauni wants to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:12 pm
Okay, I was waiting to see what you said first before I made anything.

I'll try to have my character done this night. I'll either make a wizard to bring a controller, or a sorc or rogue to bring the charisma and the associated skills.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 pm
Rain Yupa
Okay, a Dwarf Fighter, Half-Elf Ranger, and Eladrin Warlord have all been audited! biggrin

I'm a fan of surprise premises, so all you guys will know is that you are traveling adventurers, and for the most part until work presents itself, you travel looking for it. Game will start when you arrive at a town and plot is dropped in your lap! 4laugh I will leave it up to all of you if you know none, some, or all of each other prior to the start. 3nodding

Just gonna wait and see what Kowsauni wants to do.

omg! I gotta finish my background first!  
Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 3, 3, 4, 5, 2, 6, 3, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 5, 4, 3, 1, 5, 2, 5, 1, 4 Total: 84 (24-144)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 pm
dice rolls, here they come  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:18 pm
Kowsauni

I'll try to have my character done this night. I'll either make a wizard to bring a controller, or a sorc or rogue to bring the charisma and the associated skills.

Sorcerers are PHB2! gonk

Also, Rogue would make it an All-Martial group, interestingly enough. Meanwhile, Wizard would complete the Role suite.

If this turns into anything long-term, I plan on letting people keep accumulated experience if they make a new character for a sequel, which would allow more books.  
Rain Yupa rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 pm
You... you can roll over 20 dice? eek  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:23 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Sorcerers are PHB2! gonk

Also, Rogue would make it an All-Martial group, interestingly enough. Meanwhile, Wizard would complete the Role suite.

If this turns into anything long-term, I plan on letting people keep accumulated experience if they make a new character for a sequel, which would allow more books.

oops Sorry I forgot sorcerers were player handbook 2 ><

I sort of had a halfling rogue partly designed just using PHB1 but I'll take a look at wizards as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:24 pm
Kowsauni

Looks like 10, 12, 15, 16, 12, 11 to me?

If so, turn the 11 into a 14.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:25 pm
Rain Yupa
You... you can roll over 20 dice? eek

lol I know, I saw someone else do it and it blew my mind too. I figured I would try it and it works!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 pm
Kowsauni
oops Sorry I forgot sorcerers were player handbook 2 ><

I sort of had a halfling rogue partly designed just using PHB1 but I'll take a look at wizards as well.

Well, you can be whatever. They have no Divine, so there's reason to play Divine. Rogues are good for skills. Warlocks and Wizards can add arcane goodness. Justifications aplenty!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Looks like 10, 12, 15, 16, 12, 11 to me?

If so, turn the 11 into a 14.

ok sounds good to me, I was actually just about to roll with it  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:13 am
Here's Ambra Goldstar. Tiefling Wizard extraordinaire!

Here is also a little sketch my wife did up of her!  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:17 am
oh god i haven't even got around to doing my characters background yet gonk been busy lately

edit: done gaia_kittenstar good enough for me and i did the flavouring  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces