Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:37 pm
(Since there was a water kami present in the area, the raise becomes one for clarity):

Turning his head to Misaki, the shugenja would bring a finger to his lips to indicate silence. "Please watch the commander for me for a moment." He would then turn and walk to the trough.

"O kami of water, I am in need of aid, in the form of answers to questions. My first question is as such: Who were the people to last enter the building before me?" After seeing the vision granted to him, he'd ask his second question, especially taking stock of the quantity of individuals. "Who were the people to last leave the main building before me?"  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 4, 1, 9, 7 Total: 33 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 pm
"Of course. Don't take too long. I don't want to be the only one around when she wakes up. I have heard stories of the ferocity of the Unicorn Maidens." He moves in to keep an eyes on the woman, praying to the Fortunes that she wouldn't rip him apart for any perceived insults or other dishonors.

Raw Willpower: 3k3
4+8+4=16  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:16 pm
@Misaki

You watch over Aneksi. Nothing much happens. You do however, manage to fight off the urge to try to sell her some fine kimonos while she's barely awake.....for doubly inflated prices.

@Jinyu-Zhe
The water coalesces into a sphere and you in the response to your first question, you see what look to be two Bat clan samurai entering the building slowly and stealthily. They're saying things, but since you don't have lipreading....

To answer your second question, the same couple leaves the building at what looks like morning. They aren't as concerned about stealth and lead towards the stand of trees to the north.  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 2, 8, 2, 10 Total: 34 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:02 pm
Jinyu-Zhe watches the images in the water, then starts to work out in which order they occurred. He would gauge them to see if he could work out the chronological order of events. Behavior, supplies, wounds... anything would help.

Quote:
Perception/Investigation 4k3 = 20

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 pm
Jinyu-zhe would find that they entered first, then left. They were very concerned when entering. Less so when leaving. They looked less exhausted when they left, but not more hurt when they left. Like a couple people who went into a spooky haunted mansion and found out that it was all in the plumbing.  
Rain Yupa rolled 7 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 2, 5, 5, 3, 8 Total: 35 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:10 am
Walking back to where his wife was, fresher tatami mat under one arm, bucket in another. Choosing a position that would be away from any window, he would spread the mat, and then lay Aneksi upon it dutifully. "We should be alone here," he would tell Misaki. "Thank you for keeping vigil here while I confirmed our safety."

He would look about the room, and towards any doorways. "I don't know if there are any items of use or importance here, however. My primary responsibility is to the commander, at least until daybreak, so I'm going to remain right here."

Taking out a scroll from his case, he would kneel and begin chanting once more, in order to create water to fill the bucket.

Quote:
Summon Water: 5k3 with 1 raise for composition, 17 vs TN10+5. I realized that I forgot my affinity of Water earlier when I communed. Whoops!

After the water would be summoned above the bucket, it would lower into the container, and be much cooler than room temperature. He would put the scroll away and fetch a cloth, soaking it and placing it upon his wife's forehead. After which, he would take her hand in both of his and wait by her side.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 pm
"I'll go see about setting up a watch still... can't be too careful. Still, this is a nice little place, I'm marking it's location down in my reports. I could see uses for it. Especially if someone enterprising built a few more buildings and made a tea house and inn rest stop. Maybe a little shrine too to life traveler's spirits." The Mantis nodded to himself as he left, going to go fulfill what he said.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:12 pm
Questions:

1) is Jinyu-zhe going to stay up the whole night? Either Stamina or Stamina Meditation checks are needed. a raise is required if he's tending to wife during that time.

2) Watch. Misaki can scrounge up the two drivers and the two samurai into a watch. How does he want this done? Is he taking a watch shift himself?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 pm
No, Jinyu-Zhe will not purposely lose sleep for the sake of watching over a sleeping spouse. Making himself succumb to the same exhaustion helps no one.

He will, however, remain by her side until dawn.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 6, 9, 7, 6, 7, 2 Total: 55 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 pm
Misaki will ask they settle the matter between themselves. He's got a bit of a report to write up so far for Ide-san. After all, they would like the good jobs they have been doing to not be forgotten in the long run, in case of any big excitements, would they not?

Also, they don't need him, they are all more than qualified for the task at hand.

Awareness/Courtier to make his report sound really important and to make the talk of them taking watch themselves sound more praiseworthy.

6k3 - 34  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:04 pm
It sounds strongly as if Misaki and Jinyu-zhe are both going to sleep. Could you two please give me a perception/ Investigation (Notice) roll with one raise called due to your less than watchful nature?  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 10, 7, 1, 7 Total: 37 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:34 pm
Jinyu-Zhe stays close to his wife, relying on the other people in the detachment to keep watch.

Quote:
4k3 + 2 dice for explosions, against TN+5.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 8 Total: 17 (2-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:47 pm
Misaki goes to sleep, hoping he can get his much needed rest.

Perception/Investigation - Unskilled
2k2 - 17  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 pm
You both wake up to a shout outside that's been cut short. Misaki thinks it COULD have been an animal's yelp. Jinyu-Zhe thinks it sounds more like a human in pain.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 am
"Oh, kami..." Jinyu would say, sitting up and trying to blink the sleep from his eyes, resting his hand against his brow. He would look over to his spouse, looking to make sure she remained asleep.

"Right. Darling, you stay here. I'm going to see what it was. If the kami are kind, it's not assassins."

Since they were out in the field, and due to the state of his wife, he had no reason to dress down any more than the bare minimum, which mostly just removing his wakizashi and scroll case, which he quickly remedied before standing.

"Be back in a minute," he would promise her, hoping he'd be a good husband and keep it. He would then head outside the door to the structure to see what's up.  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff