Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Charms I ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CEOxJOE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:11 pm
User Image

Alex listened to his professor as they are going to perform a levitation charm. He took the notes as he was suggested by her. Focusing on an objective when casting any spell and importantly losing focus can cause the spell to backfire and cannot affect humans. Wing-GAR-dee-um levi-O-sa was the incantation as he mouthed and wrote on his notes. After he took the notes down, he started practicing the motion with his wand and mouthing 'Wingardium Leviosa' a couple times to be comfortable.

Alex saw Sonora levitate the feather on the first try. As expected from her but it was a simple charm.

It was Alex's turn to levitate. He repeated the words the professor gave , "Wingardium Leviosa" . The feather hovered from the chest all the way in front of his face. He was doing his best not to smile so hard but he did leave out a grin of satisfaction of levitating it.

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:55 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

"The wrong visualization? That makes sense. I guess having a spell just not working is better than it doing something strange." Sonora furrowed her eyes at the other girl's feather as she tried again. Nothing. Then she said the spell in a slightly different way and the frustrating feather wiggled. She wondered if it was just a stray breeze, but surely...well, it was worth a try.

Sonora was sure she had been pronouncing it the same way as she had when it worked, but she patiently hunted back in her notes and the textbook for a pronunciation guide.

"Oh, Wing-GAR-dee-um...levi-O-sa." she read. Surely that was what I was saying? Did I mess up the second time? I guess pronunciation is more important than I realized. She turned to her feather. Wing-GAR-dee-um. Wing-GAR. GAR-dee-um. GAR-dee-um. levi-O-sa. levi-O. O. Okay. Swish and flick. Swish, flick. And now. Not a rope elongating, but the feather as a whole, lifting up in the air.

"Okay, feather. Wingardium Leviosa." Like clockwork, the feather floated gently up. "I guess the pronunciation is more important than we thought," she remarked. It reminded her of that obscene equation from Transfiguration that she was still trying to completely understand. Just like how Professor Cohen mentioned spells backfiring like Professor Shoichet had on the first day of class, it seemed the "z-factor" was playing into charmswork as well. Excellent. Connections. Patterns in spellcasting.

Her revelation had caused the feather to float away from her though, and was dancing over to the other girl's hair before Sona noticed. "Ah, sorry about that--uhm--" she paused when she realized she didn't remember her name. "Sorry! I don't remember your name?"

Stefan Lee Salvatore

could be brighter tomorrow.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:20 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera giggled as it went above her head, "Oh, I guess we we're saying it wrong, Win-GAR-dee-um levi-O-sa," The feather began going higher and higher, it was joyous to do a spell correctly. Now she wouldn't have to get a ladder, or say that Jonah was right. "Oh, right, my name is Vespera Salazar, you can call me Ves.. or V... or Vespera.. or anything really,"She began to ramble at what to call her, she wasn't that great at introductions. "I promise you can tell me your name and I'll forget it by tomorrow, but for now if you don't mind... what's your name?" She asked hesitantly, it was normal to ask for people's names right?

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Charms
With Whom: SFirst years
Thinking about: charms
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: school robes
OOC:

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:17 am

♪♫ Sonora Li

"Sonora Li. You can call me Sona. And that's fine. It just means I get another chance to meet you."

Introductions done, Sonora turned back to the theory that had gotten them mixed up in the first place. "Right, pronunciation. If it was just that, then our original idea stands, I think. I'm going to try to levitate the feather around you. If it works, then the spell should be limited by distance. Otherwise, it's limited by line of sight." Plan established, she turned her wand to her feather and spoke the spell again.

The feather floated partially around Vespera then fell away, fluttering to the ground before it made it around, the spell broken.

"Line of sight it seems then," she noted, adding that confirmation to her notes before reclaiming her feather. She watched Vespera levitate her feather higher and higher and just smiled. "I don't think I'm eveer picking things up again normally," she confided a few more practices later.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera giggled as it went above her head, "Nice to meet you Sona," She looked up at hthe feathers in awe, magic was so wonderful. She was glad she wasn't a muggle in this time, being able to lift things without effort? It was the best. She had missed Sona's decision that the spell works by line of sight.

"Oh definitely never picking things up normally again." She said, as she pointed her wand at her text book, "Wingardium Leviosa!" The book hovered for a moment, then fell again. "Guess it would be harder to move a heavier object, which is probably why they started out on Feathers," She shrugged, and continued practicing it, moving the book a little higher each time. I wonder how well this spell could work on a pile of leaves.. I could drop them on an unsuspecting victim...

OOC:

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:32 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had scrambled into Charms class barely on time, chugging down the rest of his flask of coffee from breakfast this morning and shoving the empty container into his backpack upon crossing the threshold. Coffee? Check. Decent amount of sleep? Check. Ludicrous amount of studying? Check! This time, he was ready.

He had intended on picking a spot next to Sonora this morning, but was pleasantly surprised to discover Vespera had already snatched it up. ‘I hope they get along. Wouldn’t that be fantastic?’

Fortunately, he managed to spot an empty seat beside Alexander and took a seat with a cheerful “Good morning, Alex! Sleep well?”, pulling out his supplies to take notes while Professor Schoichet started into today’s lecture. Focus, movement, pronunciation, and visualization. Sounded easy enough… Sounded rough for Mr. Hobart. Jonah was aware there was a charm to levitate a body--was it derived from Hobart’s original charm? If so, he hoped the man had lived to see it come into fruition. If not, well… He certainly deserved the Chief Warlock’s penalty for not just trying that charm instead.

When it was time to choose feathers, Jonah chose a nice brown one he hoped may have come from a griffin or hippogriff and returned to his seat. He carefully studied the movement of the spell, testing the motions a couple times with his wand. It seemed like… A swish, and a flick. The blonde nodded in understanding and turned his focus to his feather to attempt the spell. “Wing-GAR-dee-um levi-O-sa.” He smiled brightly as the feather lifted off of his desk and up above his head, beyond thrilled to have casted correctly. He was unable to hold it however, and the feather fluttered back down to the desk in front of him. He turned to Alex, smiling excitedly. “Want to see who can make it to the ceiling first?” He swished, and flicked, “Wingardium Leviosa.” Jonah started levitating the feather again, more slowly this time, hoping to maintain focus long enough to make it to the top of the room successfully. This really was more challenging than it looked!

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Charms
With // Alex and First Years
Feeling // Energetic
Thinking // If a feather is this hard, I wonder how difficult it would be to levitate a body...

OOC:
Hope you don't mind the interraction? >3>

CEOxJOE

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:39 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Vespera had a good idea, practicing with heavier objects, especially if Sonora's thought that the transfiguration equation might apply to charms work as well. She turned to the heavier textbook, practicing mostly in quiet unless she thought she had a question to remark.

"I wonder if you could charm an object to just follow you around," She wondered aloud. She'd gotten distracted by the idea of controlling an object with minute movements was practicing levitating her quill to scratch doodle-attempts on a fresh page of her manuscript book. "Or if you could charm an object to just stay floating somewhere, then float up to people that arrived. Like a guest book. Guest walks in, guest book and quill rushes over to them for signing."

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:47 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera nodded to Sona, "I'm sure you could charm an object, just not with this charm. It couldn't follow you if you needed eye contact, it could be ahead of you though? Unless.... it's someone else casting the charm and they made it follow you? She nodded to herself, and jotted the note, maybe it could be something to use against Jonah.. or Sona in the future. She could make different things follow them... imagine... a snow imitation of them, following them everywhere and poking them with a broom. THIS WAS A WONDERFUL IDEA. She picked up the pace with her writing notes, Sona was a genius.

OOC:

addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:27 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Of course, there had to be multiple spells for levitation. This one might be limited by line of sight, but another might not. She plucked her quill out of her levitation spell--it was still much easier to write by hand--and added "Other levitation spells" to her "Books to look up" list. She smiled, oblivious, as Vespera noted her own insight. This is definitely going to be a wonderful partnership. We've barely met and are inspiring fun ideas already.

"If they can see both of them...I wonder if you could take over the spell from them?...Would you try something else with me?" She stared at the book Vespera had been practicing on. "Wingardium Leviosa," she directed, living the book between them unsteadily. "And then if you were to cast the charm over the same object...would it work?"

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:49 pm
User Image

This new spell would very useful and entertaining in the future in all honesty. He mastered the spell with considerable easy. Granted it wasn't that all to difficult. He saw Jonah and Sonora here to class as well.

He turned to Jonah asking how was his sleep. "Slept great.Made sure to arrive on time for today's lesson and picked up with ease. Ehhh, why not. 'Wingardium Leviosa'" . Alex flicked his wand at the same time Jonah did. It looked like he was struggling. "Jonah, relax. Your feather is is slowly because you're anxious. " he said while paying attention to his feather that was smoothly levitating from the ground.

Trickblues

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Quote:

CEOxJOE

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:39 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

“Right, right…Got to relax,” Jonah exhaled the breath he was holding, relaxing his shoulders and trying not to focus too hard. The feather levitated well above their heads, but didn’t quite make it to the ceiling before the spell dropped. “Hmm…. Close, but no cigar. Best to try again--wingardium leviosa.” He made the motions to catch the feather mid-air but seemed to miss, the feather drifting to land on top of Sonora’s head. He couldn’t help but snicker.

“Whoops! Sorry. Don’t move, I’ll fix it. Wingardium Leviosa.” He cast the spell again, pulling his arm back to levitate the feather back to his and Alex’s table and then back up to aim for the ceiling. He’d get it this time for sure! “You’re right, relaxing helps. Just got to beware of where it’s going to end up…”

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Charms
With // Alex, Sona, Vespera, First Years
Feeling // Relaxed
Thinking // Probably would have been better to start with something like.... Like a rubix cube or something. Something that won't drift off if you lose it.

OOC:
CEOxJOE

Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:56 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera nodded to Sona and cast the spell, "Wingardium LEviosa"The book kept levitating, even as Sona released the spell. She grinned, this was a wonderful thing. That was when Jonah dropped his feather into Sona's hair. She hadn't even know he was behind them. Vespera turned around and casted the spell again, "Wingardium Leviosa" She said, and moved her feather over to Jonah, where the feather began to tickle his face. THIS was a much better improvement that poking with a quill. "Hello Jonah" She said to him, giggling.

OOC:

addaellis

Trickblues

CEOxJOE

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:12 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

Alas, Jonah’s greatest weakness: the tickle feather!

He sputtered when he was suddenly confronted with a feather to the face, leaning back in his chair to try and get away. He thought he was successful, except… Oh no. The tingling in his nose was all too familiar and he tried to drop forward in his seat, but it was too late. Jonah sneezed, the small force just enough to knock him the rest of the way out of his chair with a thud. “Oof!”

The boy dragged himself back up, crossing his arms over the table and resting his chin on top as he stood on his knees, staring at the girls blankly. “Good morning, dear reason I need coffee in the mornings…” He grinned, “First you steal my seat, then try and take me out? I'm wounded, really.”

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Charms
With // Alex, Sonora, Vespera, and First Years
Feeling // FATALITY
Thinking // Lesson learned: Do not lean in your seat during spell time.

OOC:
Addaellis

CEOxJOE

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Oh, hello, feather Sonora smiled when Jonah's feather landed on her head and he levitated it right off. "Good morning, Jonah, Alex."

Sonora cut off giggling when Vespera turned her own feather on Jonah in a tickle attack. Then the sneeze--"Bless--haha--you" and the crash--She was caught between a fit of laughter and concern for her friend when he dragged himself back up with a grin.

She levitated a feather gently over to Jonah and brushed it lightly in an attempt at a comforting gesture against his hair before setting it in his hair with an affectionate smile. "There, there. I really ought to wake you up in the mornings, huh?" That being said, Tuesday mornings she was still getting out of bed in a flurried panic and had skipped breakfast again in order to make it to class early. Nothing seemed to be working for getting her to stay awake the entire way through Astronomy or wake up the morning after--she really shouldn't be teasing Jonah.

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Trickblues
CEOxJOE

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:41 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera laughed at his reaction to coffee, "Well, if you would get here before me then you could have had your seat. If Sona can get here on time, surely you could have too." She looked at the professor, hoping they wouldn't get in trouble for chatting away. She jotted down another note, to remind her that Jonah was ticklish. It was a great threat to know. She practiced more with the feather, moving away from the conversation between Sona and Jonah. She didn't mind talking with others, but sometimes it just got to be too much effort to keep up a conversation, and this was one of those times.

OOC:

addaellis

Trickblues

CEOxJOE

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items