Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Gold Flight] A Golden Afternoon: Fianth's Flight! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Thaliawen generated a random number between 1 and 37 ... 35!

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 pm
His dream? My hope is to gain the attention of one of my fellows here today, fair queen. She was beautiful, but she wasn’t his. She was the blue’s. Speaking of that blue—

I was cheering you on! And you attack me? Astonished and hurt, the brown tried to surge forward and away from the blue. Ouch. He’d be nursing that later.

—-

Reyinath’s stats

Base points for browns 40
between 6-15 turns 7
Motivated 10
HR resident 5
Nice Dragon +5

Total: 67

Strength: 14
Speed:15
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 15
Wits: 10  
Thaliawen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:25 pm
Danger zone roll  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 4!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 pm
The apology given to the group as a whole made Lireloth give his head a little shake. She had no need to apologize for letting her emotions rule her rather than her mind, especially in the heat of the moment of feasting on the blood of the beasts she had slain. No, she was a queen about to take flight and no one could fault her for doing so.

The encouragement and happiness coming from Fianth bolstered the brown even as she disappeared into a rather dense cloud. He could sense her still but where she was going, he hadn't a clue. He hesitated a moment before deciding it would be better to go over the cloud rather than under or through, although he was towards the back of the pack so hopefully he'd be able to pick up on their cues as to where she would emerge. He was keeping a very safe...perhaps too safe...distance from Krah, but he had no reason to wish to irritate the blue.

For now I'll keep my distance, shining Fianth. Your mate is strong and I wish to have the stamina to chase you to completion. Despite his lingering at the back of the pack Lireloth still kept pace, knowing a hard-fought surge of energy would bring him closer to the queen. He just needed the right time and moment to show off for her.

---

Base points for brown: 40pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
A High Reaches resident: +5pts
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Total points: 67

Strength: 11
Speed: 18
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 19
Wits: 9

Round 1: 8
Round 2: 4
Total: 12  
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 24!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:26 am
Pride and pleasure swelled within Zijianth as he received the approval and praise of the Queen, a mental caress that drew from him a sigh and bolstered his flight. His passion grew into fervor, and lust and longing poured from him in waves. Lust for Fianth, and longing for the magnificent sons and daughters they might have, if only she would choose him! To that end, he would do anything to prove himself, endure any attack from her blue mate. I could have no greater honor, no treasure more splendid, than sons and daughters of my own. For that, for them, I would do anything! I will fly fast, and high, and forever, if only they might be real!

Green, blue, brown, metallic, white...he would love them all, gather them beneath his large, strong wings, and hold them dear and safe for always.

For A'ryx, the strong surge not just of lust but of the longing for children caught him off-guard even as he reached the pens and caught sight of Olliah. That was...not the most appropriate thought to have in that instant, looking at someone he knew only passingly, barely. That thought, and the sight of the others near her, caused him to waver. She had others, of course, and no need of him. If not for the flightlust, he would have turned away then, denied himself even the chance, but it was hard to swallow back the sheer want. Dark eyes shied away from eye contact with any of the rest, save her, offering a fleeting glimpse of hunger before he looked away.

Perhaps...perhaps this was not the best idea, but...

---

Zijianth's Stats
Base points for bronze: 45pts
Total: 72

Strength: 10
Speed: 18
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 16
Wits: 14
Strength+Dexterity+Wits=38

First Roll: 22-3=19
Second Roll: 24
Current Total: 43

Meepfur
Crew

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 42 ... 37!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 am
When she spoke to them all, sweetly seeking forgiveness, and at last spoke to him, expressing concern, his hearts soared to feel the brush of her mind against his. Bugling, he strove higher still...but Krahsujunth was near again! The dusty brown was forced to twirl out of the way, but rather than take offense, he sent the blue a burst of almost playful feeling; since he'd thus far avoided being struck, he viewed it more as a game than anything, an added challenge that he embraced without flinching.

Do not worry for me, Lady Fianth! I am too quick and clever for these strangers, who do not know our skies - and even for some of those who do! He sought her through the clouds, pushing the foreigners to the edges of his awareness for the moment. I wish to serve: you, our Weyr, and Pern itself. Dobrokhoth let his devotion unfold for her, the passion for duty and service that lay at the core of his being. I have fought and bled for our cause, but I would serve in this way, too, and if you chose me, and allowed it, I would teach our children the importance of us all, to achieve every task set before us, great or small.

...But if you willed it, I would instead keep my distance, that they know no father but your worthy Krahsujunth. I would hold my pride and love in my hearts, and watch them from where they cannot see. I would keep them with me always, and fight all the harder to keep them safe. It would be bittersweet, perhaps, but it was a sacrifice that he was willing to make. There were few he wasn't.

The surging feelings from his dragon had M'yk off-balance, and slowed his progress as now and then he was forced to stop and steady himself, breathe and remember who he was and what he wanted - or didn't want, as the case might be. But the sight of Olliah as he made to pass by that same way struck him, gave him pause. She had only a handful of suitors, fewer than he would have expected for the Weyrwoman Second, and his flightlust-fogged mind found that...encouraging. Another wave of feeling from Dobrokhoth pushed him to step that way.

---

Dobrokhoth's Stats
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts (unless you're foreign. hiss!!)
Total: 67

Strength: 10
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 11
Wits: 17
Stength+Dexterity+Wits=42

First Roll: 24
Second Roll: 37-2=35
Current Total: 59

Meepfur rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:31 am
Danger roll for Dob~  

Meepfur
Crew

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 44 ... 3!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:38 am
Iptoneth was watching as Fianth worked on weaving through the clouds, that was actually a pretty good tactic. It would be easier for her to hide her destination, making all of those chasing have to find her. He continued to fly slowly, so he could better watch to see what she was doing. However, he couldn't miss the sound of a very grating voice in his head. Did he really just call Avroth a half stewed Wher?! Oh no, he would not talk about a good brown from High Reaches. He was half tempted to knock him out of the sky for his lack of respect. It would be worth it, even if he could not manage to catch Fianth. Actually, it might be more noble to protect the queen (though he had no doubt his blue wingmate could handle it single clawed), then to chase more. After all, it would definitely would be a big apology to both queens for his actions. His own Ariath in making the flying grub pay for leaving her and her babies alone after he caught them. And to Fianth, in making sure he didn't use her as well.

He was deep in his thoughts, which made him loose track of Fianth in the clouds for the moment. Since he wasn't fully paying attention, it was a good thing he was still gliding and not going very fast. His thoughts were broken into when he heard Fianth in his head. Yes, it seemed they had a difference of opinions on this..or at least he thought so. Maybe his reasoning had been silly after all. If Ariath wanted him to catch her, then he wouldn't need this practice in flying. As for the father part, maybe he could wait longer, it wasn't like he couldn't have children when his gold would rise eventually. As she apologized and spoke about him calling out to Ariath. He mentally winced, yeah, he couldn't blame her for that near order at all.

You do not need to apologize, Lady Fianth. I am not like those bronzes that have left a bad taste in your mouth, but you were looking out for Ariath. For that I want to thank you, for caring so much for my beloved. And I apologize for calling her to come get Mine. I will do my best to catch you, but I may find a better way to serve after all,Iptoneth thought back respectfully. He looked over to Krah, seeing the red in his eyes, knowing why he was upset. Of course he knew he didn't have any hard feelings towards him, but he had upset his mate. If it was him and someone angered his love, he would do the same, even if the other had not hurt him.

You are certainly not one to talk about being incapable, Zioneth. After all, I doubt very highly you will get lucky a second time with a High Reaches gold. That is all you were last time, it won't happen again,Iptoneth growled into the head of the brown. No, he wouldn't allow it again, not if he could stop it.

The decision is up to you, pal. I don't have a good enough reason for you not to do what you are thinking. I can already tell Fianth's words are affecting you and you are starting to agree with her. So if you want to take THAT brown down in a way to back down, then I support you. If anything, it would definitely be a worthy cause and would make you still the bronze I know and love. Your earlier thoughts to run were not, but this..this is brave and caring,Ash'il assured, pride in his thoughts as he spoke to his bronze.

Avroth, I can see you share similar feelings about Zioneth that I do. If he opens his mouth again, how would you like to join me in knocking him out? It would take us out of the running though, so I leave it up to you,Iptoneth spoke to the older brown. He would not think any less of the other if he decided not to, but maybe he wanted a piece of the foreign brown too. He had a new mission in mind, all he needed was Zioneth to open his big mouth, which he knew was only a matter of time.

Ash'il A very good man, but quite a workaholic. He is protective of those he cares about, but sometimes butts in where he is not needed. He will be in his Weyr or dragged off with Ephia and Ariath

Iptoneth Calm bronze, who is seen as a very laid back dragon. He can take things serious, but doesn't see any reason to worry about everything. He is very protective, like his rider and very devoted to him. (Hearts belong to Ariath, so no competition for his blue Wingmate for love, just will help to father the clutch)

Iptoneth's Stats
Bronze Base Stats: 45 pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 pts
HR Resident: +5 points
Total: 72 pts

Strength: 17
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 18

Roll 1- Strength (17) + Speed (10)= 27 [22 rolled]
Danger Roll: 2 - Pain lances through you as Krahsujunth's teeth sink into a softer patch of flesh. You trumpet alarm and manage to pull free, but you've fallen a bit behind in the process! -6 to total score
Total at end of round 1: 16
Roll 2- Strength (17) + Dexterity (10) + Wits (17)= 44 [3 rolled]
Total at the end of round 2: 16+3= 19

Uta
Replying to Fianth

Hattaki
He is asking for it lol

Revel1984
Iptoneth suggestion for you

TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 37 ... 37!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:45 am
Beautiful Fianth, I have flown long and far before I came to rest in your Weyr. I will prove myself worthy tonight. He shot after her like a streak, tossing in an elegant roll in the process....just trying to show off. It was in this process that he dipped a bit too close to Krah. Teeth sank deep in to his shoulder, and he bugled his alarm and pain. A snarl echoed from him, and he whipped his tail towards the other, putting power behind it before shooting forwards. True, he was friends with the Blue, and he would not hurt him too much, but he had to prove himself to the Gold...and to his friend, ]Watch your teeth, Krahsujunth!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nessuth's Stats:
Strength: 12
Speed: 16
Dexterity: 11
Stamina: 14
Wits: 14

R1: 21
R2: 31

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
TheWishling rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:46 am
[Krah Roll]  
stella cinere generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 30!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am
He kept his position in the back as desire rippled through the suitors. Maybe a flash of amusement swirled in his eyes as her voice rung in his head, dancing a little higher to move closer and to observe the rest.

You are very generous with your words of encouragement you remind me of mine rider. Your blue mate is rather admirable as well, he loves you dearly and I must admit I’m a bit jealous.

---------------

Rynsaith
Positive Traits: Confident, Competitive, Outgoing
Negative Traits: Stubborn, Lazy, Bratty

Sa’do
Positive Traits: Confident, Competitive, Thoughtful
Negative Traits: Aloof, Defiant, Stubborn

----------

1. Strength 12 + Speed 17 = 29 // 7
2.Strength 12 + Dexterity 14 + Wits 12 = 38

Rynsaith's Stats
Base points for bronze: 45 points
-Less than 5 turns: +3 points
- Motivated: +10 points
- A High Reaches resident: +5 points
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5 points

Total: 68

Strength: 12
Speed: 17
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 13
Wits: 12  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 43 ... 43!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am
Mharlith.

Of course Fianth didn't need to apologize,not to him or anyone and he flushed with a new wave of love that he sent directly at the queen dragon to let her know what she saw as a failure had not put any sort of damper on her allure. Emotions were high and she had every right to judge the suitors that tried to swam around her and jostled for her attention.

Mharlith was not the most intelligent of dragons, he had his own gentle wisdom but that did not translate into overall smarts. However for one reason or another something clicked in his brain and he recognized what Fianth was going to do before she did it. It could have been the way her head turned towards the large patch of cloud or the slight mischief he sensed after but it made the brown determined to catch up.
He gave trumpet of effort and surged forward so that he was right on the gold's tail, close enough that even when they flew into the thick cloud he could still see the shape of her and the flick of pale colour before his nose. Even as he continued to call her.

Beautiful sun queen I am only as large as I am to shield everyone smaller under my wings and fly long and high with my wing to protect them. I would gather all my children under them in safety and comfort.

It was true the brown was up there in size for his colour, at 42 ft he even out sized many bronzes but he did not use it as a boost or point of pride, it was just a natural asset he used to his advantage and his goals. It just so happened to help him in playing big brother to anyone that asked and give him credibility as the dragon of a wing second where bronzes were still favored.

Now he wanted Fianth to see what that size and strength could offer her so he stayed with her, almost nipping at her tail playfully when suddenly he was taken down.

Another dragon getting too close and too confident for Krah's liking. The last hit obviously hadn't been lesson enough because this time the blue bit. Teeth sunk into his ample rump and dragged him back causing the brown to creel in pain and surprise. Whipping his tail to the side he managed to wriggle free of the bite hold fairly quickly. but it also lost him his guiding flash of gold and lost him in the thick cloud with the rest.

At least Mharlith knew Fianth was close but finding her again was going to be hard. And now his butt hurt!

Round 1: 18+10= 28 Result: 21-3=18
Round 2: 18+12+13= 43 Result: 43-6= 37

Total rounds roll!: 55

Base Points Brown: 40pts
-Between 16-45 Turns: +10 points
-Fit/Motivated: +10
-High Reaches Native: +5
-Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Total: 70

Strength: 18
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 17
Wits: 13  
Sinders Path rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 am
Mharlith Danger zone  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 45 ... 18!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:10 am
Vagarath

Once he was back into his the rhythmic wing beats of his flight Vagarath was able to properly assess the damage.
No matter how stoic he was and detached he tried to be, getting complimented by the current source of his hearts desire still flushed the bronze and made his chest swell and his efforts double.

"Your paramour managed to sink his teeth into the muscle so it has slowed my flight for a while until I can adjust my wing strokes to compensate but it has not at all discouraged me or forced me to halt my pursuit. I still hope my other attributes will keep me among the likely winners of this flight."

Vagarath did not embellish or downplay the state of his injuries. It was an honest and blunt assessment. As always. Krah had done his mate proud but the bronze was not so weak that one little (fairly big) bite would take him down.

It had dropped him behind though so when Fianth broke into the cloud Vagarath followed her focusing on his senses of her, the guide of his flight lust and also his hearing to follow her. The sound of her distant wing beats and the trail that she had left through the shifting cloud that had disturbed the swirls of white fluff.
It was a small mercy that his new reduced position in the queen chase seemed to have steered Krah's anger, teeth and claws away from him to focus on others.

Round 1: 16+14 =30 Result 28-6=22
Round 2: 16+12+17 =45 Result: 18

Total rounds rolls!: 40

Base points for bronze: 45pts
Between 16-45 turns: +10 points

Total 75
Strength: 16
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 16
Revel1984 generated a random number between 1 and 39 ... 9!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am
Avroth's tail twitched, he was frustrated and irritated, there were too many Weyrless dragons, not only that but Angry, rude, horrible males. He sighed a little as Fianth led the males, one or two even outflying her, oh he felt lucky, she could have been caught, maybe .. slow and average as he was compared to some, he could get close. His hearts lifted as he watched Krasajunth lash out "Good job!" he cheered the blue on, wishing so badly for him, that he was able to catch his golden mate. When Fianth cheered him on, his hearts SOARED, in this moment, he loved her for her sweetness, but she was Krasajunth's and he hers. "Sweet, lovely, kind Fianth, i will do my best for you" he trilled, even if that best, was bogging down other, nastier dragons maybe.

He turned an eye towards Iptoneth when spoken to. "Perhaps, Iptoneth, we shall see where this Flight leads us first?" he questioned, willing to thrash Zioneth with pleasure but he also wanted to catch Fianth. He would see what happened, if Zioneth got too close, he would definitely try and put the weyrless male out of the running, there was also Jirkath to worry about, weyr dragon though he was, he was even worse than Zioneth.

He flew up and into the clouds after Fianth, watching the gentle poof of the clouds as the dragons entered before him, once in, his vision was compromised, he hung in the air, white swirls rolling round the ends of his wings where he beat them, trying to see where she had gone.

Uta

ShinosBee

Dea and #Teddy#

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- A High Reaches resident: +5pts
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
= 65

Strength: 14
Speed: 11