Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Pasadena Housing District
1203: Ayluin Saelion, Erik Leroux and Kro Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:52 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
My Card My Voice My Residence: Bookworm's My Occupation: Cashier at Bookworm's
========================

A whole freaking week had passed and he was still at Ay's place. He knew he was going to have one hell of a debt to repay if he ever saw the outside world again. That said, even as stubborn as he was he had to admit that this was definitely good living and he was benefitting from it greatly. Like, maybe even doing better here while injured than he was at the store without holes blown in him. But of course he wasn't exactly here of his own volition: Kro had been giving him such looks and had been so emphatic about staying, that he had just given in. Even if Kro was a pest, he was the pest that had stuck with him these past two years when things were probably at their lowest for him. Now though he was stable. Shoulder was healing up well, still definitely sore but with the tonics and such that Ayluin had been using on him, he could still function alright. Ribs, well they would need a good bit more time to really heal up, but once again with the pain killers he could function again without damaging himself. The wound in his abdomen…that one wasn’t exactly so neat and tidy, but at least it wasn’t infected or still completely raw. After nearly ripping it open everyday, at his request, Ay used plant magic alchemy to make a sealant of sorts to help keep the wound closed. That with some hardcore bandaging and now he was able to roll over in bed and move in general without inviting every microbe to come and infect him. Oh, and he had recovered from the blood loss, so he wasn’t lightheaded all of the time. Yay!

He awoke fairly early in the morning, late enough that the sun was rising, but it was still in the rising stage. With permission from Krotak (yes, permission) he made his way downstairs, Kro scooting down the banister right alongside him. He didn’t notice Ay anywhere on his trip, but hey maybe it was all a matter of vantage. Whatever. The kitchen was his goal, and anything shy of tearing an injury open wasn’t going to keep him from it. Not that he was famished or anything, which was another lovely benefit of his temporary residency, but he was still going to take advantage of this excess which at the moment meant food whenever he wanted. He had heard Ay could grow plants from seeds so if he just took a small plant and left the seeds, then it would definitely not be as much like raiding the pantry. Not wishing to put in too much effort, he grabbed out a couple carrots, a tomato, and a peach. He stayed in the kitchen, cause, well, tomatoes and peaches were notoriously messy and at least he could loiter over the sink while he ate them just so he didn’t make a mess everywhere.

========================
Gang: Kro Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: __
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:35 am
OoC: -

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Ayluin1215 Pasadena
Where: At Home
Voice: Though he rarely sings or speaks in the old language.
Dating: Single
Thoughts: 'It's good to see them up.' ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:
MH: -
Armor: -

User Image
100/100 HP

It was a surprise how fast this week had passed for Ayluin. Of course his day had been relatively more busy. Not that the moonelf minded. Not at all. He was glad that he could help his friends in their time of need. And it was nice to have others over as well. The young man was awake very early this day but since he was awake enough already he had decided to just get his day started. The first thing he had done was take a nice warm shower, dry off and gotten dressed in jeans, for the first time but he wanted to try anyway, with a black shirt and something the store clerk had called a zipped hoodie. But now Ayluin was brushing his hair in his room while taking his time. Since he didn't wake up Erik for treating their injuries, as rest was just as important, he would wait till they woke on their own. Ayluin had even taken to making sure his door was open before he went to bed every night so Kro could reach him easily if need be, or he could hear when something wasn't going alright. When Erik walked downstairs he was halfway through his brushing. When he heard something, Ayluin stopped his activity for a moment to listen, but when he heard it was a calm gait and not the sound of falling or anything he continued his brushing. Erik had healed quite alright over the passed week, which was a relief as Ayluin had been rather worried about him, and the moonelf had taken a step back since they were alright to do things now. However he still kept a watchful eye on his friend.

When Ayluin was done with his hair he put away the brush and walked out of his bedroom to get downstairs. Ayluin quickly went down the steps and walked, still barefooted, into the living room. First thing he wanted was to get something to eat and drink, so he made his way to the kitchen. The moonelf wasn't at all surprised to find Erik here actually and in extend of course Krotak. "Goodmorning Erik and Mr. Krotak. How are you feeling today?" he asked smiling at them both, glad to see them doing better than they had, as he passed them to get the milk from the fridge. When he looked back he noticed the choice of breakfast of Erik. It was definitely not as much as he had seen his friend eat before. "Are you feeling alright Erik? You want me to make you something?" he offered the other in case they would want to eat something more substantial. It would be no problem for him at all after all. And he had recently bought extra meat for them and their winged friends just a few days ago. Of course he would make himself breakfast either way, but he would let Erik and Krotak let him know what they wanted.

ON HIS PERSON

House Keys
Several bags of seeds

HIS ABILITIES

⬤ One of his abilities is that he can grow plants from seeds. Nothing major but he can grow small fruits (berries, strawberries etc.) and herbs.

He can conjure a powerful shield of energy which blocks attacks and repels the attacker. But the more often he has to use it or the longer he has to sustain it, the more energy this drains. The same goes for how many he is protecting. If it is just himself it takes less energy than when protecting two or more. If he is to tired he can't call upon the shield at all.

Beginner Illusions
He can cast the more basic magic from the school of Illusions. This in his case is most strong when he casts animals. They are also more solid and interactive when the full moon is high.

Quoted
Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

[color=#00b359]"SPOKEN"[/color]
[color=#b3cccc][i]THOUGHTS[/i][/color]
[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4SGvU.png[/img][/align]
[imgright]https://i.ibb.co/tsmxH6G/Exit.gif[/imgright]

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

The moment he heard footsteps approaching, he made a move to hide what he had grabbed out, but through sheer force of will made himself keep it out in the open. ”Chill Sora, he let you stay and let you make yourself at home. Hiding s**t just makes you look untrustworthy.” He watched for a moment as Ay entered the room and gave his guests a once over. Sure coming from Ay it was a perfectly innocent act, but it always made him feel defensive and like he had to put forth a stronger front lest someone consider him an easy target. ”Morning. Yeah, we’re doing alright. Warden Krotak has been keeping an eye on me; making sure I don’t make a break for it or anything like that.” Krotak rolled his eyes in the background and muttered ”angst bucket” under his breath. Erik gave the bird a smirk before returning his attention back to Ay. ”You good?” That was an incredibly concise and unemotional way to ask how one was doing, but he still had that street slick persona to protect. Didn’t take long for Ay’s focus to switch back to the food Erik had gotten out just a moment before; Erik wondered if he was in trouble or something, but that didn’t exactly sound likely now did it? The questions though definitely cleared up that little hiccup. ”No need to worry, mate. I didn’t realize you’d be getting up so early, so I was just grabbing a little something to tide me over. No sense in cooking half now and half later. I guess I can put all this back now and get to work on fixing breakfast. Anything in particular you want?” He had chosen his approach carefully, sort of precluding Ay’s chance at disagreeing and taking charge. Erik owed so damn much already, now that he was fairly stable he needed to get to work on repayment. He also needed to gtfo as soon as he could so he didn’t rack up much more on his bill. ”I’ve cooked under pressure for years, so don’t worry about something being too difficult for me, I got it.” Why had he been cooking under pressure like that? Hell if he was going to explain. That was something Ay would just have to get used to: Erik didn’t explain things from his past. If he let you in on a cursory detail that was all the information you were getting, didn’t matter how cryptic it sounded. Despite offering to put up the food he had grabbed, he had sort of subconsciously started munching on one of the carrots like a certain cartoon rabbit.

========================
Gang: Kro and Ay Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: __
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Ayluin1215 Pasadena
Thoughts: 'He really is feeling better than he has.' ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:

User Image
100/100 HP

Erik was definitely right about Ayluin not minding them grabbing any food they wanted. If they would run low, he would just go out and get some more. Especially fruits and vegetables were easy to grow and thus not much of a problem for the moonelf. If meat would run out, he would just go buy a new batch. Money trouble was far from the fun-loving and quite inexperienced young man's mind. Besides that, he was happy to see that his friend felt comfortable enough to treat the home as his own as well. "I'm happy to hear that. I hope you are well too Mr. Krotak and good job watching over Erik. We don't want you to get hurt worse my friend." he replied, the cheer clear in his voice with how happy he was Erik felt better. Once his gaze found Erik's choice of breakfast it also fell on the seeds put to the side. That brought a gentle smile to the elf's lips. They even seemed to remember his magic powers. "Thank you Erik. I'll make sure to put them aside when you are done for the next harvest we'll need." he also complimented Erik. He listened to their answer about the breakfast though and he was slightly surprised. It sure sounded like they set out today with the plan to cook them all breakfast this morning. In general Ayluin preferred to cook himself, after all what kind of a host let their guests cook for themselves and him along?! They were guests after all.

However Ayluin didn't forget Krotak's words about how Erik was always set on keeping the record straight. If they wanted to, and were well enough to, why deny them this peace of mind? The young man smiled. "I always get up early. There is a whole new day to explore and enjoy." he said and chuckled as he watched the young man eat the carrot. He had seen that rabbit a few times before. It was a funny sight. "Alright, if you feel well enough for it, I don't mind leaving breakfast in your hands today. Thank you." he replied, though his choice was easily made and it wasn't complicated at all really. "I was going to make another tropical fruit salad for myself and something with meat for you both if you wanted to. Feel free to use anything that is available. It's easy to get more. Just don't push yourself." Ayluin admitted for Erik to take care of breakfast today while he poured himself just a glass of milk for now then. They never had milk where he came from. Once he tried it in this new city, Ayluin had quickly grown fond of the drink though. Especially when fresh from the cow. It was so rich and creamy. Delicious, the moonelf wondered why they didn't have it in Odoraen as well.

Of course the comment about cooking under pressure was an unusual one, but Ayluin didn't want to be nosy. If they wanted to tell him stuff about their past, he was sure Erik would once he felt ready and willing. And if they didn't, it was all the same. The moonelf would never try to get too much details unless they were actually on the topic and talking about it. It had been the same with Drizz as well. They also seemed reluctant to let go of some info. Of course the young man was curious to his friends their lives, but the diplomat in him also told him he had no business trying to dig it up. "I'll be in the living room if you need me. Just shout and I'll be there." he said, smiling before walking with his glass of milk out of the kitchen, fully entrusting the kitchen to Erik for today then. The moonelf walked to the living room and activated the television before grabbing the remote to put it on something that looked interesting. More often than not it was a nature documentary. Of course Erik was also free to change the channel to something he wanted to see. Ayluin often just had the tv on for background sound and looking at the screen now and then. It didn't take long for him to continue studying his favorite subject: Illusions.

ON HIS PERSON

House Keys
Several bags of seeds

HIS ABILITIES

⬤ One of his abilities is that he can grow plants from seeds. Nothing major but he can grow small fruits (berries, strawberries etc.) and herbs.

He can conjure a powerful shield of energy which blocks attacks and repels the attacker. But the more often he has to use it or the longer he has to sustain it, the more energy this drains. The same goes for how many he is protecting. If it is just himself it takes less energy than when protecting two or more. If he is to tired he can't call upon the shield at all.

Beginner Illusions
He can cast the more basic magic from the school of Illusions. This in his case is most strong when he casts animals. They are also more solid and interactive when the full moon is high.

Quoted
Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

He got up early every day because there was a bright new day to enjoy? He really did make the Smurfs sound like thug life. They probably rode unicorns across rainbows or some s**t like that, it was just too kid’s show happy to seem even remotely real. ”Yeah I’m good, I can take care of it easily enough.” He’d been recuperating how long now? Like a week and a half almost two weeks. It was rare for him to be down for so long and he was starting to get a bit stir crazy, he needed to do something to keep himself occupied. ”I wonder why it’s taken me longer to recuperate than normal? Well, I’ve never been this injured before, I guess, but proportionately it does seem a bit protracted. Is my lifestyle already catching up to me? Thought I’d at least hit thirty before that showed up. Or is it…nah, that’s not it.” The option he refused to consider was one that seemed to go against his very nature, yet it guided his subconscious; perhaps the reason it was taking so long is because he did not want to get better. Or rather, being injured was his excuse to be in this safe haven. Even though he was nervous about how much he owed, he was willing to allow himself to believe that as long as he was still limited in what he could do he could stay with Ayluin. Not that he trusted Ayluin, after all the only person you could really trust was yourself, but at least Ay seemed like the kind of guy who would have to be put under a bit of pressure (or accidentally stumble into it) before he would willingly do something that might cause harm to someone. He supposed in that sense, he actually felt almost safe here: being with someone who was less likely to screw him over, having access to nourishment 24/7, having protection from the elements…yeah, it was definitely easy street for him. It was almost a shame then that he would have to get going in the near future. That was a topic he would need to broach with Ay, but not just yet, for now it was just a slow start to the morning.

”Alright, have fun, you don’t need to worry about me. Cooking isn't generally a very dangerous thing." Welp, he had probably just jinxed himself but seriously how bad could it get? Welp, Ay had requested that fruit stuff, and Erik wasn't about to protest, but he still was planning on experimenting just a little. Maybe make it a little more zesty or something? Yeah, he would mix some orange extract for kick and almonds for texture in with the yogurt then layered in little pieces of pineapple, banana, kiwi, and other tropical fruits which had been drizzled with honey. On top he sprinkled a bit of orange zest then put a cherry on top cause why not? At the same time he was making omelettes for Kro and him. Kro’s was pretty easy as all it contained was a pinch of cheese and a bit of bacon. His was more complex by a long shot. First he chopped up some onions, bell peppers, and one cayenne pepper and sautéed them all together. Then he cracked four eggs into the pan and blended it all together. Of course while it was cooking he would pick up the sides and let the uncooked egg slide under, but also he would be working on Kro and Ay’s breakfast cause multi-tasking wasn’t a problem for him. With the egg itself all cooked, he added diced tomatoes, cheese, and andouille sausage to one half, deftly flipping the other half up on top and pressing it together so that everything blended well. Everything was plated around the same time and any sort of seed he had seen in any of the ingredients he had put to the side for Ay to do with as he wished. ”Hey Kro, go in and ask Ay if he wants to eat in the living room or in the kitchen. Thanks.” Kro glared at the statement, which should have been in the form of a question or request, but whatever, his chiclet was still on the mend so Kro would forgive him for now. Kro flew into the living room and perched on the table beside Ay. ”Hey, you want to do breakfast in here or in the kitchen. It’s ready now.” Just cause he had wings didn’t mean he wanted to be a freaking messenger.

Inside Ay’s book of illusions, a sheet of vellum had been placed upon which were a series of strange characters. The vellum appeared to be very old, yet it was in practically mint condition. When had that gotten there?

========================
Gang: Ay and Kro Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: Ha! He did just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:24 am

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Ayluin1215 Pasadena
Thoughts: 'What in the world?' ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:

User Image
100/100 HP

The moonelf settled himself on the couch once he was done with the tv set up. He sat down comfortably with his back against the armrest, one leg stretched and the other with the knee up. He would just move and change his pose to make room if Erik wanted to sit on the couch too. While his friend went about his way in the kitchen, Ayluin glanced in the general direction but unless Kro would come to get him or he heard disturbing sounds from the kitchen like a fall he would let Erik be. They were really on the mend and seemed to do better than they had. The elf was glad for this. He had been really worried for the other the passed weeks. Now it was really clear they would be all better, Ayluin could rest a bit easier too. He opened the book he had grabbed to study up some more for casting illusions, it was resting against his leg that was knee up. That way he had his hands free to work on the magic. He started easy with some illusions he already knew, like a warm up if you will, like little butterflies and birds flying around. Since he was still a novice though there was no sound just yet, just the movement of the bird chirping mutely but the elf was glad enough that he had gotten this far now, he was certain he would get the hang of it. His next cast was a little more complicated. He would focus on conjuring vegetation and a whole area. The plants worked well enough, as they formed a jungle illusion around his furniture, but the human he conjured up, in the style of the jungle man he had read stories about before, was static and lifeless. A slight sigh escaped the young man as he got up and placed the book against the backrest. The jungle illusion disappeared, but the man stayed as Ayluin walked around them, trying to focus more on that in particular.

He knew it was possible, heck the best illusions were inseparable from the reality regardless of subject, but perhaps he just wasn't strong enough yet with the magic. The young man closed his eyes and took a deep breath to increase his focus while he pictured the man from the books combining it with how people walked in reality. It really wasn't easy with just books to guide you. Ayluin increased his magic output as he tried to put more energy in the illusion. The man only moved slightly though before the illusion flickered and disappeared as Ayluin was drawn out of his focus by the sound of wings nearby. With the illusion gone he looked around and soon spotted Mr. Kro on the table next to him. "Mr. Kro.." he acknowledged them, surprised with how worn out he sounded and he took a deep breath. He felt like he had just ran a marathon, it would seem that spell drew more energy from him than he had expected. Nonetheless he just shook his head a bit and smiled to the raven. He wasn't about to just give in. "Thank you, my feathered friend. The kitchen will be fine. I'll help with bringing the plates to the table if you both want to join me there too." he said with a small smile and walked to the couch to pick up the book. When he lifted it from the pillows though, he noticed something falling out of it and landing on the couch. Blinking a bit Ayluin looked at it.

At first he felt a light pang of panic and dropped his book. He knew that material! But he hadn't seen it since he ran from the castle. And the book was bought here in Soleil. There was no logic reason for it to be there unless others were here too! When he looked closer to the symbols on it though, they weren't like anything he had ever seen. It was no language that he knew, if it even was. The moonelf carefully picked up the parchment and looked at it a bit closer as he walked to the kitchen, slightly bewildered as of how that paper managed to get here in his house. Had it been in the book all along? Ayluin couldn't say that he remembered anything being in it when he bought it though. As he entered the kitchen he remembered where Erik worked and decided to just ask, maybe they knew something. The elf looked up and at the food, momentarily forgetting about the parchment. That fruit salad looked pretty amazing and the food he saw beside it he did recognize it as egg but it wasn't in a way that he had seen it before. "Wow, thank you Erik. That looks delicious. You want to eat at the table together?" he praised the other and smiled. He walked to the counter and held up the piece of vellum that had fallen from his book. "Have you seen this somewhere before by the way? It fell from one of the books I bought at Bookworm's some time ago, just now." he asked as he showed the parchment to Erik. Maybe it came from a book about ancient languages or something, at least that was one idea that played through the elf's mind. And Erik worked at that bookstore, maybe he had seen it before.

ON HIS PERSON

House Keys
Several bags of seeds

HIS ABILITIES

Beginner Illusions

Quoted
Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:37 am
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

Kro wasn’t sure what the heck was up with the random not-there person in the middle of the room, but the moment the glow bug turned to look at him the figure disappeared. ”Ah, an illusion. It’s…passable.” He nodded in recognition of the thanks, but didn’t bother commenting on it cause of course extra thanks was needed for an individual like him demoting himself to messenger. ”Good. Plates are a pain for me to carry, and the half-idiot should probably go easy on that one arm.” Hmm, maybe the glowworm deserved a shiny for being so obedient, helpful, and trainable. He used Ay’s distraction by the paper to flap over and perch on Ay’s shoulder. Just cause Ay didn’t need a see and eye raven didn’t mean he couldn’t get one, just meant Kro didn’t actually have to work while riding. ”Oh snap someone broke the book…hope it wasn’t from the library,” Krotak teased just to mess with the glowworm even more than the sudden appearance of the paper. Like seriously, pages fell out of books all the time, so what was the big deal here? Oh well, at least the pansy-worm eventually regained his mind and started heading into the kitchen where he belonged. Erik was working on tidying up while Kro was off on his duty, though as soon as he saw Ay enter the kitchen he put the cleaning down and wiped off his hands on his jeans. ”As opposed to sitting at the table separately?” he said with a smirk. ”Yeah sure. Hope you like the fruit thing, I changed it up a bit, gave it more of a kick. Hope that wasn’t sacrilege or anything. Oh, you can have a bite of mine or Krotak’s if you want. I’d recommend his cause it’s way less spicy.” The idea that Ay had never even heard of an omelette before would never cross his mind. Seriously, it was a common dish, why would rainbow boy know nothing of them.

He would have preferred to take care of breakfast first before they got into any deep conversations or business or anything, but it seemed Rhun had something he wanted to go over first. Casually glancing at the page, he was about to grab it up when he noticed how abnormal it looked. Now fully commanding his attention, he carefully took the page from Ay. ”That’s…genuine vellum, they haven’t been using that for centuries. Bookworm’s would never be able to get its hands on something like this, it would probably be in some rich schmucks private collection or in a museum.” He scanned over the text, seeing if he could make any sense of it. ”I don’t read the language, but I can transliterate it for you sometime, and then maybe we can do some research to learn enough of it. Oh, the writing is Elder Futhark, it was a system used by the Vikings long long ago. They were renowned explorers and conquerors. Also, they’re my ancestors.” That wasn’t too much of a giveaway, right? His name was sufficiently European that he could probably pass as a descendant of the Vikings. Granted his real last name was even more obviously Norse. ”That said, there is a name that keeps popping up rather often, and I’m not sure if that is a good or bad thing. This has something to do with Loki, the trickster god who was phenomenal with magic, especially shapeshifting. I’d be curious as hell how the crap that got in your book. Seems like something practically no one would have, and now they managed to slip into a book without anyone noticing.” Krotak was keeping to himself during this whole matter. Yes he wasn’t very interested in magic and the omelette smelled fantastic, but more so because he knew who had brought it, and it was a truth neither the glowworm or half-idiot were ready for. ”Mystery solved. Can’t do anything more about it now, may as well grab breakfast before it becomes supper.” More abrupt than he liked, but hopefully it would draw the bipeds from the mystery.

========================
Gang: Kro and Ay Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: __

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:55 am

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Ayluin1215 Pasadena
Thoughts: 'This really tastes amazing.' ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:

User Image
100/100 HP

The young man had nodded when the raven mentioned the plates. "I could see why Mr. Kro. And yes, he should. You are absolutely right about that." he replied, as well as agreeing that Erik should take it easy, and smiled to the raven. After he found the page perhaps part of his snap out of thoughts was because he suddenly felt Kro's talons as they landed and he moved to the kitchen. "Nah, it's a book I bought at Bookworm's." he ensured the other. The moonelf lifted one hand to gently pet the raven. When he reached the kitchen and looked up from the vellum he saw his friend ready to eat and the food looked delicious. A smile played over the young man's lips when Erik joked. And then listened as they spoke of the fruit dish. "Oh no. Not at all. We don't really have sacred dishes, we just never did much extra with them. I am eager to find out how this one will taste. It will definitely be new." he answered, his voice happy with trying something new once again. He then looked at the other dishes again when Erik said he could have a bite of those too. But one question at a time and he already wondered about the parchment.

The moonelf entrusted the parchment to his friend as they looked over it. They seemed about as puzzled as he had been. Ayluin smiled a bit when Erik mentioned it hadn't been used for centuries. He himself used it all the time back at home after all. It was just much more convenient in a place like Odoraen. Of course ever since he left Odoraen behind, Ayluin had soon switched to the modern paper too. It did sound a lot more friendly being made from trees, rather than animals. Still his expression changed to surprise when the other male told him it was apparently expensive. At least that was what he understood from the information he was told. The moonelf smiled happily when he heard they might be able to translate it. "That sounds great! I would love to learn what is written on there." the elf said, his curiosity showing. After all if it wasn't from a book in the store, he kind of bought it didn't he? The fact it might be a gift didn't really come up in his thoughts, since he didn't expect anything of a reward for taking care of his friend. He happily did it for free. And he would always keep his promises! "Vikings? No wonder you had so much trouble with the previous heat we had to deal with." he said once he heard their ancestry. After all vikings were a tribe of the far North of Europe, he had read about them in one of his books he picked up in the area.

Ayluin looked at Erik when they mentioned Loki. That was a name he had read in the same book as well. "Isn't he said to be the father of Fenrir and Jörmungandr?" he asked when he heard the name and Erik was done talking. "I remember reading those names in one of my books I got since I left the... my home." Ayluin had almost said the palace. It was bad enough that one person already knew where he came from, the moonelf was grateful that they didn't act upon it or told the people in Saela at least. "I'm not sure, it was in my bookcase the whole..." he started but he was interrupted when Kro spoke up and looked at the Raven in surprise. For a split second the elf wondered what was up but then he shook his head and chuckled softly. "Are you that hungry Mr. Kro?" he asked, but walked to the counter and picked up the two plates of egg and brought them to the table first. "Dig in then. Thank you for making breakfast Erik." he said with a smile. If Erik hadn't yet he would pick up his own plate and sit with the other two to start eating. Curious to the new recipe, Ayluin took a bite from the fruit salad and tasted it calmly before he smiled happily. "This tastes amazing. I never thought of making any like this." he praised Erik once he had swallowed his bite and would enjoy this new take on fruit salad. "So...what did you make with those eggs?" he then asked, curious still as to what it was. He had eaten egg before and baked with them, but so far he had only eaten them cooked if it was the egg itself.

ON HIS PERSON

House Keys
Several bags of seeds

HIS ABILITIES

Beginner Illusions

Quoted
Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:55 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

He gave a slight smile when it seemed that Ay happened to know who the Vikings were, not that he was really expecting it. How did they know about Vikings in HappyRainbowElfLand? Had his ancestors really gone so far as to “discover” this far off magical realm? Perhaps, there were legends of elves living in some of the realms, but it still seemed a strikingly odd thing. ”Guess maybe we haven’t been out of the far north for long, that or the genetics hit me extra hard. Don’t really know.” He was only slightly paying attention to the conversation as he read over the vellum, his hands trembling ever so slightly and not because of any sort of weakness in the blood. ”Huh? Oh, yeah, that’s him. Also the father of Hel and the mother of Sleipnir. Norse god of mischief but also a master of illusions and shapeshifting.” Wait a second, Ay was an elf, and they generally could do some magic, could it be that this was some sort of treatise on magic or spell that he was supposed to find? No, that was talking hard core superstitious. Since when did gods ever stop by and leave things behind for mortals to discover? Even if the arrival and nature of the document was mysterious, there had to be a logical explanation for all of it. Kro’s ever-so-rude interruption yanked him out of the near trance into which he was falling. He flashed Kro a confused look, but his avian friend ignored him and chose instead to perch at his spot and idly shuffle as the two bipeds tried to correct their misbehavior. ”Silly bipeds worrying over some piece of paper when there’s food to be had while it’s still peak. Glowworm should know fruit doesn’t last after you’ve peeled it, and Mr. Makes-Skeletons-Feel-Fat over here is about two seconds from ignoring the rest of the world until he cracks this thing. By my wings I don’t know how you two have lived so long without me.” He huffed and shook his wings. "That will give me more time to create a proper diversion-” He quickly shut down his train of thought as Erik gave him a suspicious look. Kro shot back an impatient glare and Erik was off gently tucking the paper back into the book for safe keeping.

On his way back, Erik went ahead and brought Ay’s breakfast to the table whilst Ay brought the bird boys’. ”No problem,” Erik replied with a shrug. He still didn’t like cooking, but Ay had taken sole possession of those duties for over a week now, and it was high time Erik paid him back. Fair’s fair and all. However the invitation to dig in was heeded without the slightest bit of hesitation. Things were much better than when he arrived here: he only had to give himself slight reminders to maintain civility and follow conversation. At least it would work wonders to dissuade people from thinking he had some sort of disorder. He gave a slight smile in between bites of third degree omelette. ”Glad you like it. I have a tendency to make things bolder whenever I get the chance.” Not that he got much chance back where he grew up, Mr. Geldoff had always thought spice and such was a waste of money. If it wasn’t needed to make something edible then there was no sense in spending any money on it. This taste totalitarianism led a young Sora to try experimenting whenever possible but also to appreciate more adventurous flavors. Back to the present, he quirked an eyebrow when Ay asked what he had made with the eggs. That…was a weird way to ask what was in the omelette unless…”never had an omelette before, huh? It’s kinda like pancakes except eggs. You can put sautéed stuff in the eggs,” he gestured to his omelette, ”or not,” he said then gestured over to Kro’s. ”Put stuff in the middle then melt it together and that’s it. You can try Kro’s or mine if you want. His just has sausage and cheese, mine’s got peppers and a bit of heat to it.” Ay was certainly permitted to try the spicy little bugger, but Erik figured a warning was in due order since he sort of doubted the gentle little elf had a high tolerance for heat.

========================
Gang: Ay & Kro Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:30 pm

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Ayluin1215 Pasadena
Thoughts: 'How curious...' ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:

User Image
100/100 HP

Ayluin had read about quite a bit by now since he got to Soleil. He could be found in the library quite often, though he recently had started to switch to books he could keep, which had led him to Bookworm's so much now. Vikings had been part of a book he was reading which also had the information about the deities. Though he hadn't gone in too much yet and he had yet to get to the gruesome parts. So in his mind right now, he just knew about vikings being from the North and their gods. Sure some had ominous names and realms set to their name, but that was no different in Odoraen. The young man had since learned life wasn't always as easy and wonderful as it had seemed at the palace and it had led him to wonder if this was just coincidence or if perhaps his parents just didn't tell him all they knew. Not that he had much time to ponder it too much so far. Erik seemed distracted with the parchment though, so Ayluin would not go into detail right now about what he had read so far. Instead he smiled and hoped that his friend could indeed help him out on the vellum. It was a mighty curious item. Nonetheless the moonelf was happy to hear he had understood the gods alright by now. They had been very confusing at first. Parents of those, brothers of those and so on. But before they could get further into it, they were interrupted by Kro. This had illicit a chuckle from the elf. They were hungry were they? At least that was what his mind made of it.

However it would seem that was not the case when the raven continued and started to berate them both. Ayluin looked confused for a moment and perhaps a little startled. As it was the first time that Mr. Kro didn't just correct Erik but him as well. In a way one could slightly wonder if perhaps this meant the raven had sort of accepted him in a way? The moonelf didn't know, nor did he really worry about it. He liked both enough for being good friends with them and it didn't matter that Kro was a bird. He would also place down drinks for those that wanted, pouring himself some pineapple juice, and then settled to eat. Once they sat down at the table, Ayluin first focused on his fruit salad which pleasantly surprised him. Not that he had doubted Erik's culinary skills, but it was just different from the salads he knew. Much to his delight though it tasted even better than just plain fruit parts on a plate put together to compliment each other! He smiled and nodded when Erik accepted his compliment, happy to see them smile. That seemed to be a rarity. Still he couldn't help but curiously inquire about what they were eating. He recognized it as egg but not the way it was implemented. "Omelettes huh? I baked with eggs before and had boiled eggs but that is about my experience with eggs." he admitted and blushed a bit rubbing the back of his neck.

Perhaps he should venture out to try some new food more often. So far he had kept to safety nets. Not anything that was very different from home at any rate. On that note when Erik said he could try one of the omelettes, Ayluin spoke something about being adventurous and trying some of his spicy one. That and Kro seemed rather distracted with his food and Ayluin didn't really have the heart to interrupt them for a taste. So he went with the omelette of the one that offered it. Soon after he was given a piece of the omelette though and put it in his mouth he near teared up and coughed a bit before he quickly grabbed his still full glass of pineapple juice emptying it in one go. "Wow I didn't even know I had ingredients that could cause that to a person." he said after taking a deep breath. "How do you not burn yourself? Count me impressed." he asked. If anything he had to admit he admired Erik's resistance to that heat. It was a fact that the elf had no experience with spice whatsoever. Their meals were made with purely what their land granted them. Which in Saela's case was plenty of fruit trees and stuff like wheat, corn and some root vegetables. Because of the heat from the desert just over the mountain from Saela, the climate was more suited for moderate Mediterranean crops and the like. "Well, if you ever feel like experimenting more, you're free to use the kitchen too. Only you know your own favorite dishes after all." the moonelf offered Erik. After all while they were with him in the house, they were free to use everything here at their disposal.

ON HIS PERSON

House Keys
Several bags of seeds

HIS ABILITIES

Beginner Illusions

Quoted
Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

========================

Damn, the gumdrop elf really was pretty sheltered! It’s not like Ay had just admitted he had never heard of eggs, cause that would indicate they just weren’t a thing where he was from, but to have heard of them but never heard of an omelette, now that was some special kind of sheltered. ”Guess I’ll be teaching you how to make them, saying you end up liking it.” Always a chance he wouldn’t like it, especially if he didn’t care for the extras in either of them. Speaking of, he quipped a slight smirk when Ay decided he was going to try a little from Erik’s plate. ”Hope you like heat,” he warned under his breath, but to no avail. From the instant the spices hit Ay’s taste buds, he could see the fires rising only to be drowned in a flood of pineapple ”You managed to get it down, so yay for you,” he attempted to compliment while also trying not to laugh. Schadenfreude, go figure. ”Peppers can work wonders if you know how to use them, and which ones to use. As for the tolerance, thanks but it isn’t that much of a feat. Capsaicin, a chemical found in peppers among other things, creates the same stimuli as being out in heat. So just like the weather, the more you expose yourself to it, the more used to it you get. Start with low heats and work your way up and soon you’ll have the same tolerance I do.” Man it was looking like there was a whole list of things he would need to teach the fairy elf-father, which meant he would be able to visit often, right? Maybe the lessons would be enough to pay his fare. ”Futhark, omelettes, peppers, spice tolerance, and random recipes: sounds like quite a bit to teach you. I’ll be coming back for visits all of the time, won’t I?”

Kro gave Ay a look as if to say “don’t say anything” and let the comment rest at that for a moment. ”Yep, there will be a lot of learning going on here.” And Ay wasn’t going to be the only pupil, that was for sure. With the onus of conversation switched from him, Erik had a chance to actually enjoy his meal, which he found spicy but not too hot in the least. ”Man I’ve been living well since I got injured. An acquaintance showering kindness upon me, an actual house to stay in, so much food I can be picky...I wonder how much it would cost to rent the room? Probably more than I can regularly afford… Oh well, at least I get to enjoy it while it lasts, then it’ll be back to trying to figure out how to get out of debt with him." Welp, while he was here he may as well make himself useful, in fact, ”are you ready for Halloween? Cool if you don’t celebrate it, but if you do…I think you could use a little more preparation. Probably make you more popular in the neighborhood if you did it.” Well, he had no clue if Ay wanted to be Mr. Popular, but he did seem to enjoy being a nice guy, and what sort of nice guy could turn down giving out candy to kids? Totally up his alley. And man with a huge place like this you could really go hardcore on the decor. It would be wicked cool! Maybe Ay had never heard of the holiday, if so it was Erik sworn duty to introduce him to it and make it fun, cause…duty, yeah…maybe paying a bit of the debt? ok fine, he mainly wanted to do it because Halloween was fun and it had been a hot minute since he got to celebrate it. ”Just to delight you, childe, you may put a bust of Athena in view of the door and I will perch on it and greet the tiny idiots.” Erik quirked an eyebrow, ”you’re being awfully obliging, but I’m taking you up on that offer before you get a chance to back out. Saying of course that our host is down with it?” Well at least he hadn’t flashed the sad puppy eyes yet. Yet.

========================
Gang: Ay & Kro Relationship Status: Flockless Mood: Chill Observing Other Corvids: One of these days I’ll fit the whole “you live here now” thing in...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:42 pm

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Ayluin1215 Pasadena
Thoughts: 'I wonder what this Halloween is. It looked scary but they seem not scared at all. Rather eager for it more like...' ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:

User Image
100/100 HP

Ayluin allowed himself some time to recover from the heat from the food he just tried as he listened to Erik. Never in his wildest dreams would he have guessed that any of the ingredients he owned right now was capable of this kicker. Granted he hadn't exactly watched any summary or info. Thankfully it had really helped when he downed his glass of pineapple juice right after he had felt like his mouth was on fire. He hadn't even once even entertained the thought to spit out the bite he had. It had gone down with the pineapple juice in a few gulps. The only thing that lingered was a tinge in his tongue and his inner cheek on the side where he had chewed the bite. Since he had a regular guest to take care of too, the young man had pretty much just grabbed as many ingredients as he was able to in his last visit to the grocery store and it would seem peppers was part of them. In the end it was a good thing he did! As Erik was now with him for days on end. Ayluin didn't mind, he welcomed the company of his friend. But he felt bad they got so terribly hurt. Still they seemed to do well slowly and their joined living for the moment seemed to go well too. The moonelf was wondering why the other complimented him about managing to eat it, but before he could ask he was distracted by the rest of the conversation. It would seem the tolerance was trainable. So even he could learn to eat peppers then was it?

"I wonder if this is how firebreathing dragons manage to not get burned inside their maws." he commented as he thought about that relevant idea. They lived with heat on their tongues the entire time. But it wasn't like he would get a chance to ask any of them anymore. The dragons were back in Odoraen, not here in Soleil. "I'm willing to try and get used to it." Ayluin said and smiled a bit, now recovered from the heat. Of course he was curious to all sorts of food as all was new to him that he came across here. The elf smiled happily when they said they would have to visit often and was about to comment about it, assuming Kro told him by now. But one look from the raven told him all he needed to know and he swallowed his words. Instead he looked at Erik when Kro spoke, his expression somewhat tamed. It would seem that his friend was as of yet ignorant to what the raven had arranged for them. The moonelf smiled a bit again as he heard Kro's words. "I'll gladly submit to your teaching. There is so much I want to learn about this place." he admitted, not considering for a moment how that may sound to his guests. Of course Erik already seemed aware that Ayluin had lived rather out of the way of the usual things though, so maybe it wouldn't bring any questions.

With that part of the conversation over, Kro enjoying his food and Erik seemingly lost in thought, Ayluin would just finish the salad that Erik made for him. In his features it showed clearly that he was enjoying the new take on the fruit salads. The moonelf had never really thought about putting extra stuff through it. But his teachings had largely been about politics and aristocracy, how to properly behave oneself during official visits. None of those teachings had ever remotely allowed for experimenting. Be it food or otherwise. Ayluin was slightly surprised when he heard Erik speak again and he looked up at them. Though what they inquired about was wholly unfamiliar to him. Well he had heard the name once or twice on the television and seen some scary stuff appear in the stores but didn't really make the connection to any kind of holiday. He had figured it was a new trend! But it was something you could celebrate? So a holiday of a kind. "I've heard the name once or twice but I am not even sure what it is. I heard of it on tv between documentaries at times and seen some scary looking stuff in the store that seems to be like what I saw on television." he explained how much he knew, or actually didn't knew, about Halloween.

But it would seem Erik wasn't the only one familiar with the concept as Kro put in his own dime about this Halloween. "How could it make me more popular? I mean, it all looks rather spooky, wouldn't it scare people off sooner?" he asked, clearly confused. It hadn't escaped him it had something to do with scary creatures, but wouldn't it have the reverse effect? Scare people off. The moonelf looked at his friend who asked if he was alright with celebrating Halloween. He wouldn't deny them anything that wouldn't harm them really. "Of course you can, if you want to. But what is Halloween?" he finally asked the burning question. Ayluin was mighty curious to this Halloween now. As it seemed to entertain Erik and Kro. Perhaps it wasn't scary at all? That said he of course didn't have anything in the house for it. They would have to go shopping. Not that the moonelf would deny that to Erik. After all they were on the mend quite well and perhaps going out for some fresh air would be good! Of course the young man would not let them carry anything. Lest it might cause something to tear again.

ON HIS PERSON

House Keys
Several bags of seeds

HIS ABILITIES

Beginner Illusions

Quoted
Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25