Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:32 pm
Blizzard120

"Mahogany is a smaller town in Jhoto. There's a Pokemon League gym there, but that's about the major thing to note. Though, a real tough one. Its an ice type gym. Apart from that, there's not much there too noteworthy..." Tristen quickly stopped himself, trying to think about any manner of trivia that he could think of. "...not unless you want to look at the Lake of Rage to the north of Mahogany Town where there are a lot of Gyarados roaming around in there. Some of them red in color..." He was left to wonder if he should admit he got one of those red Gyarados to him just then...then again, perhaps for now, he shouldn't say much. He still didn't allude to him being with Snagem, let alone his adoptive father being part of the gym circuit.

"...Lake of Rage? Gyarados!? Red ones too!?" Matteo exclaimed, showing the most interest in what Tristen than he ever had. It figured these two things would catch the young teen boy's interest, he was still a kid and what was cooler than a lake full of rage filled sea serpents? "That sounds wild! I mean...that's cool, I guess." The boy said, quickly recomposing himself as he tried to reel in his excitement, can't let Tristen see his true feelings I guess.

"We have dragons living near my hometown too, great big ones that are said to have a giant blade of ice on their backs. I can't remember the name of them but folks tell scary stories about them, how if you go too far up the mountain you'll get turned into an ice statue from the breath of the Ice Dragons of Glaseado Mountain and then smashed into bits by their blade!" Matteo told Tristen, initially his tone plain but quickly escalating in excitement as he spoke of this 'Ice Dragon' Pokemon. It seemed like he really enjoyed talking about ferocious Pokemon like Gyarados and this one.

"...but um...yeah. Ice type Gym Leader, huh? You ever battle the Gym Leader? Or you not into battles...or maybe not good at them?" He sneered with a grin, clearly trying to be provoking again. "I'm pretty decent, Ryme won't let me try out my pals against her though." Matteo huffed, changing the subject back around to again hide his excitability.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:52 pm
SubonicXP
"...Lake of Rage? Gyarados!? Red ones too!?" Matteo exclaimed, showing the most interest in what Tristen than he ever had. It figured these two things would catch the young teen boy's interest, he was still a kid and what was cooler than a lake full of rage filled sea serpents? "That sounds wild! I mean...that's cool, I guess." The boy said, quickly recomposing himself as he tried to reel in his excitement, can't let Tristen see his true feelings I guess.

"We have dragons living near my hometown too, great big ones that are said to have a giant blade of ice on their backs. I can't remember the name of them but folks tell scary stories about them, how if you go too far up the mountain you'll get turned into an ice statue from the breath of the Ice Dragons of Glaseado Mountain and then smashed into bits by their blade!" Matteo told Tristen, initially his tone plain but quickly escalating in excitement as he spoke of this 'Ice Dragon' Pokemon. It seemed like he really enjoyed talking about ferocious Pokemon like Gyarados and this one.

"...but um...yeah. Ice type Gym Leader, huh? You ever battle the Gym Leader? Or you not into battles...or maybe not good at them?" He sneered with a grin, clearly trying to be provoking again. "I'm pretty decent, Ryme won't let me try out my pals against her though." Matteo huffed, changing the subject back around to again hide his excitability.

Once again, Tristen was caught off guard of the roller coaster of emotions Matteo seems to be on. Brooding one second, cheerful glee another...albeit to apparently things of the hardcore side. "Ice dragons?" he spoke up, the notion of that caught his attention. Not so much for himself...but perhaps his father figure currently roaming around the region...provided that he haven't found these dragons himself. Maybe whenever he can get out of class, he would give him a call via the SNAG. Glaseado Mountain...mental note for later. "I think I know someone that would like to see about going after those Ice dragons actually..." Tristen mused to himself.

"I battled him a couple of times; not for his badge though. It was more of practice than anything. A couple of lessons and stuff." Tristen said, while truthful, still left a lot of potential questions on the table. "I didn't do it for any sort of badge; not that I'm not any good, I'm okay I guess. I can battle just fine and all. It just didn't really interest me to do a gym tour. Part of why I didn't want to go on the Victory Road course when I came over here. But...the gym leader doesn't want to battle you? They can refuse here? Why?"  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:07 pm
Blizzard120

"I battled him a couple of times; not for his badge though. It was more of practice than anything. A couple of lessons and stuff." Tristen said, while truthful, still left a lot of potential questions on the table. "I didn't do it for any sort of badge; not that I'm not any good, I'm okay I guess. I can battle just fine and all. It just didn't really interest me to do a gym tour. Part of why I didn't want to go on the Victory Road course when I came over here. But...the gym leader doesn't want to battle you? They can refuse here? Why?"

"Because I can't to the last stage of the performance!" Matteo almost shouted, quickly catching himself and lowering his voice. "I mean...the gym test for her gym. It's a series of battles and I could never focus with all that music going on." He explained. It wasn't that the Gym Leader refused but instead the young boy didn't have the skills to actual challenge the Gym Leader, provided this 'gym test' was similar to the gym puzzles Tristen was more familiar with.

The boys would chat a bit more but before long the timer Matteo set went off to signify the dough was done rising. Setting the bowl down he removed the towel to reveal the dough had doubled in size, now nice and springy as the dough was filled with gases produced by the yeast. "The next step is to divide up the dough and shape the buns. The shape is basically three circles at its most basic so not too hard." He said, going to wash his hands again.

With all done and said the dough was divided again between himself and Tristen and the boy would go about rolling balls of dough and combining them together for the proper shape of their buns, placing them on the cookie sheet in front of them. As they worked Matteo would continue to talk. "So, we're about the same age, right? I'm thirteen..." He started to say. "I mean...you're evolved, right? ...how?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:31 pm
SubonicXP
With all done and said the dough was divided again between himself and Tristen and the boy would go about rolling balls of dough and combining them together for the proper shape of their buns, placing them on the cookie sheet in front of them. As they worked Matteo would continue to talk. "So, we're about the same age, right? I'm thirteen..." He started to say. "I mean...you're evolved, right? ...how?"

Tristen listened intently to what Matteo had to say, staring in confusion. A gym trial, then. He couldn't get past this regions equivalent to a gym trial. That raised questions about his overall skill, if they were anything like the ones back in Jhoto, that is. Though, he wasn't sure just how tough this gym was either so, perhaps it was safer to just not pry at that one. It did come off a touchy subject with him, after all.

Tristen would proceed to go on as the instructions and carefully move the dough about into the shape of the buns so they came out right on the sheet, trying to keep up the conversation with Matteo. The things they talked about varied, some fairly easy to dance around, avoiding talking about his tenure with Snagem. However, the question finally that game him slight pause. His evolution. At his age. His stature and muscle tone, his overall level of power even, was highly uncommon for someone his age. While some of it could be hidden, like hoping that no one had senses like his adoptive father or his physique under a decent layer of clothes, like his school uniform currently, the one thing that couldn't be was just the fact of he was evolved...and to no fault of his own. "I kinda don't know." Tristen spoke up. An outright lie that Tristen hoped that would pass. To state a few years of battling with Snagem on top of putting himself to near death by means of a freakish Thunderstone which pushed him over the threshold and then some would be either too surreal to be believed. At best case scenario, at least. "My doctor thought I may have been an early bloomer or...something like that. I did kind of just keep in shape and kept up with my own hybrid abilities; it might have something to do with that too. I wasn't really expected to evolve until maybe...a few years from now...or at least start getting in the process to because the species of Pokemon that I am doesn't evolve with stone or any special process. Its just old fashioned age and battle experience usually."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:20 am
Blizzard120

Matteo would give Tristen a strange look, one of suspicion, as if he didn't believe him or rather had a hunch the boy was leaving something out. Thinking on it more he grumbled to himself a bit and pointed his nose down at his work. "Well aren't you lucky." He simply declared with a tone of jealousy, going silent as he continued to make buns.

The silence would be broken just two minutes later as Matteo spoke up again. "Growlithe need Fire Stones." He declared, in a matter-of-fact way, pausing for several seconds before following up with that sudden statement. "I could evolve any time I want...and get in trouble." The boy said, that last part dripping with resentment, even Tristen could tell this was going somewhere sour.

"In my family it's a big deal to evolve. You have to be sixteen and there is this huge coming of age ceremony and party. It's dumb. I don't know why my parents won't let me evolve, it's not like Fire Stones are hard to come by. Heck, I could go down to Delibird Presents right now and get one! It's not fair!" Again, he almost shouted, this time Mr. Saguaro looking over in his direction, giving him a glare. Matteo would be quickly to verbally apologize and hang his head.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:57 pm
SubonicXP

Tristen couldn’t help but to stare in confusion for a moment, Matteo’s animosity peaking once more. Was that the problem the entire time? That Tristen was a hybrid of an evolved Pokémon? That he himself evolved? The more that these conversations go on, the more that Matteo was not making any manner of sense. Tristen was going to try to roll with it all the same. The most he could figure, it started to sound like that Matteo was wanting to evolve sooner than later…with or without anyone’s approval. “…um…why are you wanting to evolve in so much of a hurry?” Tristen asked. To Tristen, while it was neat and all being a bit bigger and stronger than how he was as a Electrike, it…wasn’t the whole world like Matteo was making it seem. In fact, Tristen had to question a few things about how did hybrids evolving by means of stones, for example, tend to come out compared to hybrids that don’t. How much like Pokémon were they? It wasn’t going to be anything that he would try to delve into something akin to philosophy to Matteo though. He didn’t seem the sort.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:27 pm
Blizzard120

"Because, I want to be stronger." Matteo said plainly as he stared off into space, or at least physically did. As he said that it was clear that something was on Matteo's mind, something very important to the boy, perhaps the real reason why he wanted to evolve so badly, and it was that which he was staring at, whether or not it was actually in the room. Shaking it off Matteo finished shaping his last bun and once Tristen did his he would speak again.

"Now to bake them for ten minutes." He said, standing up with his tray, walking over to the ovens as he expected Tristen to follow him with his own tray. The oven they were using was already preheated, Matteo having the forethought to do so before they started shaping. Matteo would open the oven and stick his tray in, his arms going completely inside the oven. The heat of course would not bother him, and likely it was just a pleasant warmth to the Fire type, much higher temps needed to really make him feel the sensation of 'hot'. With that done he stepped to the side, oven open, and gestured for Tristen to put his in.

"Last one in is a mushy olive." He said teasingly. Mushy olive though? Must be a local taunt.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:03 pm
Part of Tristen, as Matteo stared at the ceiling, almost wanted to try to call Matteo out on that. There is more to evolution than just the power it gives...or at least, the potential power it could give. He only wondered if Matteo was actually aware of it...or for that matter, maybe his parents. Perhaps it was why it was such a big deal in Matteo's family circles. Tristen could only speculate at this point. All the same, he also figured it was perhaps none of his business...for now at least. Maybe he could try down the road to coax Matteo out of it because a mindset as simple as that as he have seen could lead to disaster for someone.

In the meantime, Tristen would sit the buns in the oven to allow to be baked. Though unfortunately he'd be the last one in. Guess he was the 'mushy olive'...whatever it was supposed to mean. "Ten minutes..." he said, going to the timer on the stove after his buns were placed in and the door shut. He wanted to make sure these buns came out just right, setting the clock on it for ten minutes, then proceeded to wait. "Hopefully we did everything right. I'd hate for that starter to go to waste..." he said, trying to get off the subject on Matteo's evolution. It was a touchy subject, that much Tristen gathered.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:19 pm
"It'll be fine, we went by the recipe so if they don't turn out it's the fault of whoever wrote that recipe." Matteo insisted, revealing a little bit of his personality in that sentence, that is a possible penchant to blame others. "I just can't wait to rub these buns in Gloria's face." He would proceed to sneer at the girl sitting on the other side of the room, the student not seeing him at first but eventually looked up and locked eyes with him, giving him a mocking wave. Matteo would scoff and turn away, turning his attention back to Tristen.

"Are you staying here at school? I mean, do you got a dorm room?" Matteo asked, perhaps a sudden question. "I do. Same room my father stayed in. He's pretty well known around here." The boy said, beaming with pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:32 pm
"Uh yea. Though I didn't get it right away. They kinda had to make room for me. I stayed at a hotel for a day before I got the dorm." he said, rubbing the back of his head for a second. Though the mention of his father got his attention, which got a spout of confusion off of him. Parents were restricting his evolution but apparently he cared enough to take pride in his father...or at the very least the fact that he had the same room as him when he took classes here. All the same, it did raise the question: "So who is he?" he asked, genuinely curious. All he knew was that whoever he was, he's only big locally, not world wide...at least he assumes. "Is he like, a teacher? A famous Paldean Pokemon trainer?"  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Blizzard120

"Who is he!?" Matteo almost shouted, his initial reaction one of surprise before he remembered that Tristen was new in this region, all the way from Johto in fact, so there was no way he'd know of his father, in spite of his fame. "They call my father the Orange Blitz. During his youth here at the academy he made a name for himself with his speed, soon becoming something of a local legend, the pride of Naranja House. He went on to compete in many races, going international and winning gold in the Pokethelon even! I'm sure you've heard of that. Any who, there is none faster than my dad. He has even outran a Ninjask before! Of course as his son I inherited his inclination towards speed but I still have a ways to go before I can call myself the second Orange Blitz." Matteo said, revealing more about his character.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:03 pm
Tristen knew of the Pokéathelon but was pretty certain that it was strictly for Pokémon, guided by their trainers in some fashion, though maybe it made sense. Some place where a hybrid could cut loose and compete as well just as any human competitor could, or Pokémon for that matter, in their respective competitions. They were, after all, a whole criterion of their own. Tristen would be a little intrigued over the fact that the Pokéathelon allowed hybrid competitors, but it was fairly overshadowed by Matteo’s conceit, something of which Tristen was starting to grasp the depths of. At least he knows that there was more work to be done for him to live up to his father’s apparent legacy, but how much more insufferable was Matteo going to be before he gets there? Tristen almost felt obligated to try to steer this guy in the right direction but he wasn’t sure as to how, or if he even could. “I take it that you’re trying to work at being a fierce Pokéathelon competitor, then? Just like your dad? Maybe better, then? That why you’re here at the academy?”

Tristen was trying to spin this in a positive direction, find some sort of pivot where he could be more of a positive influence; steer Matteo in a better direction than this, because little did this Growlithe hybrid realize, he was truly out of his league, not knowing the depths of what Tristen has dealt with and what is truly out there in the world. It has only been approximately slightly more than half the class by now, and it started to occur to Tristen that Matteo has too high of an opinion about himself, especially compared to others. The only one, arguably, that seemed to warrant any disdain from Matteo was Gloria, the one not too far from the two of them, but he wasn’t sure if there was any legit animosity there or if she was just one that knew how to push Matteo’s buttons and able to get away with it, knowing what would set Matteo off and continue to leave him with the gigantic chip on his shoulder. Especially with how she just butted in without any prompt or provocation to goad Matteo in trying to getting Fidough yeast. Matteo’s opinion of Ms. Picante, the baker, on a related note, still bothered Tristen, with what Matteo said was completely opposite to how she was to Tristen. Maybe he’d ask Ms. Picante later, once he is done with his classes for the day, about her dealings with Matteo. Then there’s his reactions to the rather demanding presence of Mr. Saguaro giving Matteo any manner of pause, but maybe…it’d be smart to pay heed to that man, regardless if you were hybrid or human.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:02 pm
"The Pokeathalon? Maybe. The only thing certain on is I want to be better, in any way. That is why I'm here at the academy." Matteo began to explain. "I want to take an opportunity I can to get better, stronger, faster, and the academy provides plenty of those. People come from all over the world to the academy, even more during my father's day, and with them new knowledge, talents, Pokemon, you name it. I want to learn from them. My dad focused almost completely on his racing so I want to succeed in the places he neglected, as well as the places he excelled in, to be all around better." The young boy explained. In spite of how prideful the boy was, and arrogant, he at least knew what he wanted and was willing to work for it, in some ways. Evolution was one way he seemed okay with taking the shortcut on so it wasn't like he was a saint in that aspect.

The timer would ding and Matteo would jump, the buns were ready. "I guess that's enough chit chat." He said, standing up and walking over to the oven, open it up and taking out his tray with his bare hands, setting over the set out cooling rack on the countertop to cool. The buns looked perfect, having expanded during the baking process. Now all they had to do was let them cool, ice them and they were done. Looking at the clock there less than twenty minutes left of class, looks like they made it.

Sitting back down to wait for the buns to cool Matteo didn't say anything else, just kicking his feet as if he didn't know what else to chat about. This was becoming typical of Matteo, opening up and being heartfelt one moment only to close right back up or be cruel the next. He was a very emotional boy nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:31 pm
SubonicXP
Sitting back down to wait for the buns to cool Matteo didn't say anything else, just kicking his feet as if he didn't know what else to chat about. This was becoming typical of Matteo, opening up and being heartfelt one moment only to close right back up or be cruel the next. He was a very emotional boy nonetheless.

To be better in everything? For what goal, then, if not for the Pokeathelon? While self-improvement is fine and all, there was no apparent end game other than maybe for the sake of being better than everyone else at regardless of what it was. Tristen couldn't imagine if Matteo's father 'neglected' other aspects, its that he perhaps reasonably couldn't, not because he didn't want to. There's only so much one could actually do. Tristen had to hold back a grimace at the sheer thought about it; he was already seeing something similar in someone else...at least that one did have some sort of goal in mind, albeit still foolhardy in the end. Matteo was wanting to 'be better' for the sake of it and nothing more, it felt like.

Tristen perked up, going to go after oven mitts for the trays, only for Matteo to take the trays out with his bare hands, forgetting once again about his fire typing being extremely resilient to what was in an oven. He'd leave the mitts alone for now. "We might need to get the honey and icing ready while we are waiting on the buns to cool off." Tristen said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 pm
Blizzard120

Tristen perked up, going to go after oven mitts for the trays, only for Matteo to take the trays out with his bare hands, forgetting once again about his fire typing being extremely resilient to what was in an oven. He'd leave the mitts alone for now. "We might need to get the honey and icing ready while we are waiting on the buns to cool off." Tristen said.

Matteo would nod in response to Tristen, having almost let slip there was one last step before they were done. "Right. Our honey is right there, I'll get the brown sugar and butter. Scoop out the honey into a big bowl, I'll be back" The Growlithe hybrid said, pointing at the jar of honey on their counter before walking off. The brown sugar was in the nearby dry pantry but the butter was in the fridge on the other side of the room so he'd be a minute.

"So, what do you think of Matteo?" Gloria asked as she seemed to just pop up on the other side of Tristen, having appeared right after Matteo had started to make his way to the fridge. "Not very nice, is he?" She smiled, her Lechonk oinking in agreement. "You're his fourth kitchen partner you know." The girl went on.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff