Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Game Room
Name that Tune - List is Completed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
Let each list run until it is complete
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Change the list after 1 week, even if incomplete
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Change the list after 2 weeks, even if incomplete
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Other (please post)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No preference
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Gold!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Warnersister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:06 am
17. Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

20. Losing My Religion - REM

Not sure about no. 17, mind...

DW  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:05 am
keetabirdy
Answers for the remaining songs of list number one

9) "Don't Know Why" - Nora Jones

14) "So In Love" - From Kiss Me Kate - By Cole Porter

I am sending out the prizes to the winners, from my mule, keetabirdie. If you do not wish to claim your prize, simply cancel the trade. 3nodding

List number 2 by Malheureux is now up! You may begin guessing!

Thanks for the prize! Will be donating part of it back to the next contest. Used some of it for new clothes... I like shopping. LOL! Thanks again! biggrin

Know some of the songs in this new contest but going to sit out this time. 3nodding  

Rhiannon2006

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:53 pm
Lil-Jo
3. Funky Cold Medina/Tone Loc

11. Hotel California/Eagles

18. Callin' On My Darlin'/Albert King
Hmm....well according to what Mal gave me...only 11 is correct, however, I looked up 3 and 18 and they are indeed correct, because more than likely, there was more than one correct answer whee so yes, I'm going to give them to you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:54 pm
Warnersister
17. Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

20. Losing My Religion - REM

Not sure about no. 17, mind...

DW
correct on both 3nodding  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:01 pm
Rhiannon2006
keetabirdy
Answers for the remaining songs of list number one

9) "Don't Know Why" - Nora Jones

14) "So In Love" - From Kiss Me Kate - By Cole Porter

I am sending out the prizes to the winners, from my mule, keetabirdie. If you do not wish to claim your prize, simply cancel the trade. 3nodding

List number 2 by Malheureux is now up! You may begin guessing!

Thanks for the prize! Will be donating part of it back to the next contest. Used some of it for new clothes... I like shopping. LOL! Thanks again! biggrin

Know some of the songs in this new contest but going to sit out this time. 3nodding
No problem, and thanks for the donation smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:37 pm
Knows 4, 8, and 12 but of course the title/artist won't come to me... can almost hear 'em, too. gonk  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Isbjorn

6,000 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:47 pm
WOW!! I know none of those though one is very familiar! Well, I'm sure I'd know the songs if I heard the title and artist or a clip of it.

And thanks for the prize! I didn't think I'd be getting anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:02 am
keetabirdy
Lil-Jo

Hmm....well according to what Mal gave me...only 11 is correct, however, I looked up 3 and 18 and they are indeed correct, because more than likely, there was more than one correct answer whee so yes, I'm going to give them to you.

Wouldn't surprise me that there could be more than one right answer available, a lot of songs are done by more than one artist and some songs over lap parts of other songs...  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:47 pm
For some reason I wanna say number 12 is Driving My Life Away~ Eddie Rabbit...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:20 pm
Number 4 ~ Shower the People with Love ~ James Taylor

Now tis stuck in my head and I can't listen to it as my cousin is borrowing both my JT I & II Hits CD's gonk  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:26 pm
Now I gotta see if I can remember #8 as it's gonna make me nutty ~ I know that song stressed

And it's probably on another one of my CD's Nodijo is borrowing. Between her and my 17 year old my collection is becoming quite sparse.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:40 pm
both are correct 3nodding  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:39 am
I think number 6 is actually called "The Blacker the Berry" but I can't remember who does it.

I know #8 because my idiot graduating class adopted it as their theme song in high school:

8. I wanted to be with you alone and talk about the weather...
"Head over Heels," by Tears for Fears

bleh!

Also, #15 rang a bell and I spent most of yesterday planning to post that it was "Spill the Wine..." but then I heard on the radio! The radio! I never hear it on the radio! It's by the same band:
15. Take my mind beyond the trees, where I talked to my brothers who never said their name...
The song is "Slipping Into Darkness," by War

I, an overbearded sleeping gnome, have posted.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:16 am
Lil-Jo
keetabirdy
Lil-Jo

Wouldn't surprise me that there could be more than one right answer available, a lot of songs are done by more than one artist and some songs over lap parts of other songs...

I must now offer a public appology for my sloppy research on song #3. However, #18 just might be Callin' On My Darlin' by Albert King (who the heck is Albert King?? any relation to Larry or Don or BB?? Steven perhaps??? confused ). But the answer for #18 that I had was Howlin' For My Baby - George Thorogood & The Destroyers. But at this point it's all moot. Sno biggie... But I do appologize for screwing up #3.  

Malheureux
Crew

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:58 am
Harbone
I think number 6 is actually called "The Blacker the Berry" but I can't remember who does it.

I know #8 because my idiot graduating class adopted it as their theme song in high school:

8. I wanted to be with you alone and talk about the weather...
"Head over Heels," by Tears for Fears

bleh!

Also, #15 rang a bell and I spent most of yesterday planning to post that it was "Spill the Wine..." but then I heard on the radio! The radio! I never hear it on the radio! It's by the same band:
15. Take my mind beyond the trees, where I talked to my brothers who never said their name...
The song is "Slipping Into Darkness," by War

I, an overbearded sleeping gnome, have posted.
3nodding 8 and 15 are correct  
Game Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces