Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Old Events
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you rise to meet Thread when it rains down on us again?
Through Fall, fog, and fire I shall!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
By the shards of my dragons egg, I will.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
...uh, is there a third choice?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:53 pm
Akira, eh...Shards! How could a girl manage to be polite and overbearing at the same sharding time?! Maris kept his face deliberately blank. A bit of sweat trickled down his back. Why was he nervous? Shards! Oh, man! He'd better say something quick. He swallowed.

"Nice to meet you, too...Akira," he said, his voice shaking slightly. He paused, and Brannett gave him encouraging chirp. "It's not that I don't wish--I mean, want to sit with you guys." Oh man, now she had him using some sort of formal Holder speech. Or was it how Weyrfolk talked? Shards... "I just don't like to be in crowds."

There. That should shut them up. And it wasn't a lie...not exactly. Man, he'd only just arrived at the Weyr and he couldn't even talk right. And he was supposed to Impress? Sharding Search rider. He just had to choose Maris, didn't he? Man...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:48 am
Kes grinned at the boy's obvious discomfort. "You do know that being rude to people only makes them more determined. By the way you're acting, I'm guessing the Search rider gave you a hard time as well." Her grin broadened. "I can relate. I'm the daughter of a trader and the Search rider had to get his dragon to sit on me in order for him to catch me at Honshu." She really found his predicament funny. "C'mon Akira, he doesn't want to sit with us so lets just leave him alone." She was grateful to have met someone who could be more antisocial than she was. It was really funny. 'Some people. I'll bet he keeps embarrassing himself with holdertalk. I expect to hear him say 'Shards' just any time now.'

Cadeth warbled at her from outside. You shouldn't be so hard on him, little one.

Kes's head tilted to one side as she listened to the bronze. 'I'm not being hard on him Cadeth, but I won't baby him either. He has to learn to fit in here, same as I did.'

The bronze snorted. This is true.

'Glad you see things my way.'

---

M'gor looked sideways at the girl and rolled his eyes. 'Looks like she's getting used to talking with you all, eh Cadeth?'

The bronze answered, clearly amused. With all the reasurrance Lina gives her, this is no surprise. Besides, I like talking with her.

The Weyrleader shook his head but didn't respond.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:07 am
Maris took a deep breath to calm hismelf down a little. It wouldn't be a good idea to get in fight the first day. He was glad he'd never been the type who blushed. Now, if he'd only been the type who didn't fight. Kardell squawked from her perch on the wall and launched herself into the air.

"Kardell!" Maris exclaimed as the little green deftly flew through the room to alight on the back of an occupied chair. "Sharding firelizard..."

He looked at the occupant, and realized with a sinking heart that it was the Weyrleader. Man, that green sure knew how to make an entrance. Silently, Maris called her back and was disappointed when she merely closely her eyes lazily and turned her head away. He looked over to Brannet, who was eyeing another chair. Quickly, Maris took hold of her and held her firmly in his arms. Through their bond, he kept impressing on her to not go between. He only hoped she listened.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:07 pm
Akira rubbed her head. "whatever, just trying to be nice you know, after what happened the other night... let's just say the rider who found me, didn't exactly enjoy chasing me for 4 miles stright." Akira gave an amused smile, and turned to Kes. "well then, can i drop this formal act and relax? it's kinda hard to not be nice without getting into trouble." she paused. "do you want to share stories then?"  

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:09 am
M'gor turned as the little green landed. "Well then, what a lovely creature you are. Got away from your companion I see." He grinned faintly at the obvious discomfort of the male candidite. "She's fine here. What's her name?"

-----

Kes grinned at Akira, "Feel free to drop the nicities anytime. I don't mind. Besides, sharing stories sounds like a good idea. You said the Searchrider chased you for four miles? Jeez and I thought having a dragon sit on me was bad." She grinned wider. "So...where'd they finally catch you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:21 pm
Akira grinned playfully. "actually it was pretty funny. I was in a small town when i saw a young child who looked starved, he had almost stolen a loaf of bread when i caught him, i gave his the bread and handed it to him." she paused, remembering that day. "i noticed the rider approching me slowly, i thought he was the owner or a guard at the front of the village. I thought he thought i had stolen the bread, and i made a run for it. I ran for two hours before i reached another toen, there were guards there to, and the rider yelled "stop that girl!" I almost dropped dead, after seeing a small army of men chasing after me. I really thought i comitted an evil crime that would have me killed, so i booked it." pausing again, she gave a small giggle. "well, i easily out ran the guards, but they still followed me, same with the rider. by the time i got out of the town, it was sunset, and i just kept running. I almost made it to the next town, when i collasped." she sighed. "i think i was on my home island or something, because the next thing i knew i was on the back of a dragon, and it was headed to this hold." she ended her story with a small smile. "well that is my story, i guess you could say that i was more then able to become a rider."  

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:46 pm
Kes just grinned. "That's kind of funny. Me, I've been traveling from place to place since my folks died. I was working in Honshu tempererrorilly as a messenger when a rider approached me. Since I don't technically belong to any hold or weyr, I thought he was going to put me in jail. So I ran from the man. Next thing I know, like three different riders and their dragons are chasing me and I'm running for my life. Hearing the dragons came in handy in that case. Eventually I had to stop and catch my breath, I thought, I'd lost them really. Anyways, when I stopped, this large blue dragon named Zubrith sat on me until his rider caught up. That's how I got caught. He brought me here after that and I've remained ever since."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 pm
Daray silently wandered the halls of the wyer, excited and nervous of finding herself with in it grand halls. Daray had never thought that her dream of being a rider would come true especially with how old she was but then again she was getting ahead of herself right now she was not quite a rider and may never be one if a dragon did not choose her on the hatching sands. Her raven black hair was tied back with a strip of hide and hanging gracefully down her slender back. The clothing she wore hide all of her figure and made her appear a little more shabbier than she would have liked but it was the only clothing she had left that was clean. When she smelt the food from the dinning hall her stomach rumbled a little reminding her of how little she had eaten that day.  

Ishtar_Lan

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:49 pm
Akira grinned at Kes. "well i guess you and me are the same, i don't have parents really. I'm not sure, but i never did, and the sad thing was that the only person who i have ever really trused died after a wolf or creature attack, i had to burry her." Akira sighed remembering the painful memories. "if you want i wass tell you the tale of my past..."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:12 pm
Kes rubbed the girls back. "Don't talk about it if it's painful. There are more pleasent things to think about."

Her three firelizards chirped in agreement.

----

((Welcome to the guild Ishtar!))

T'gal spotted the girl as she entered. The bluerider quickly went over to her. "Well hello there, come on in. You look like you're starving." He smiled reasurringly. "The name's T'gal, you must be new here."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:33 pm
Akira's eyes showed how painful the memories where for her. "alright then. so what would you like to talk about?" she asked Kes.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:23 am
Kes thought about it for a moment before replying. "Let's see, how about the upcoming hatching. What kind of dragon do you think you'll Impress?"  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:41 pm
Akira looked at the wall then at Kes. "well i am not sure. I don't mind if impress at all, i would be happy with what chooses me. It never really occured to me."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:58 pm
Kes smiled faintly. "That's true, but still." She grew quiet then tried again. "Okay then, how about lets talk about the strangest or most surprising thing that's happened to us since our respective Searchriders found us." She frowned then smiled again. "Mine was finding out I could hear the dragons. I'm still not sure if it's a gift or a curse."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:01 pm
Akira smiled. "well actually... mine would have to be..." she paused looking around the room. "well... it would have had to have been riding on the dragon's back. It was odd, because the sight was different then i had thought...but i know it's not much." she sighed. "the true is i don't remember much of my past, only the search rider and today..." she looked at the ground. "sorry, i am hungry, may i have something to eat?"  
Old Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff