Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Red Ribbon Meaning[Eclipse Cover Spoiler] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lolfaty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:18 pm
I know Twilight's cover was about 'Forbidden Fruit' And the back said something about Forbidden Love?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:51 pm
the ribbon probably signifies her relationship towards Jacob (being that she'll most likely choose Edward)

but about the title "Eclipse"......there must be an eclipse mentioned in the book somewhere because
1. in twilight Edward says that twilight is the safest time of day for vampires
2. in new moon...bella thinks there was a new moon the day Edward left her because there was no light visible

so there must be an eclipse.....maybe the day she has decided who she chooses or when SOMETHING happens.  

HylianVampire

CaraD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:37 am
Maybe it has something to do with the Chinese Wedding Tradition, a red ribbon represents the bondage between man and wife, and how they will always be together. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:44 pm
in japan, a red tie connected on two pinkies represents love.
mabey something will happen to their love connection?
or mabey it represents bella's blood line?
and she beconmes a vampire?
who knows....

aesthetic rainbows

Man Tampon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:52 pm
I think that it means that a relationship with Bella (Edward or Jacob) with almost end.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:20 pm
Red signifies the color of love and lust.
Red also signifies the color of blood.
The fraying represents the end and tear in something.
The way the ribbon flows is like liquid or something smooth and perfect.

I think it means the end of Bella's humanity.
The end of blood flowing through Bella's veins.
Hence I think she turns into a vampire.

My Eyes Adored You

Cute Friend

10,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100

Ddoepke92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 am
What if its just really simple?

Bella is being torn in two ways. One side of the ribbon could be Edward, and the other side Jacob. Because of the constant pulling at her heart strings, the ribbon is tearing apart.
Maybe Edward is on the side in which the tear is closests to. Maybe the ribbon signifies Bella's heart being torn apart.

OR

Instead of it being Edward and Jacob, its the bigger picture of vampires vs werewolves. The threads barely keeping everything in tact is Bella.

I don't know if someone already posted these ideas. Sorry if they did.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 pm
Well, there's actually a thing that says everyone's connected to their true love by a red string of fate, though that string can be broken...I know it's a RIBBON, and not a string, but still...It could signify the end Jacob and Bella's relationship, have something to do with imprinting, or be about how at moments Edward and Bella's relationship was hanging on by a thread...

Elisfar

Jonathon Winter Night

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:55 pm
The Ties are broken between Vampires and Werewolves. They are now working together, to save bella. I havent finished I got to the part where they are a day away from the battle. But the thought came to me after reading the first page.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:01 pm
Hmm...I believe it signifies bella being torn between Edward and Jacob yeahhh.
How many people have already said that? sweatdrop

miss. jenn

Jonathon Winter Night

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:55 pm
Whoever did I lst some respect for. I think Jacob should be torn apart for what he did. Besides, I don't Werewovles...They are just not me and I don't like the way they are. I was never a protector...However I belive Werewolves and Vampries go hand in hand. Even though I dispise Werewolves.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:19 pm
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!
After I read the book, I realized that the ribbon is being held onto by 2 strands. I think that it's almost like her life as a human and a vampire and the human side is really short then it rips to her vampire life, and the 2 strands from her human life she brought would be Jacob and Edward.

There's my opinion.

charliechick117

Klepto the greatest

Gracious Prophet

10,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Pieversity 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:23 pm
sperd_nerd20
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!
After I read the book, I realized that the ribbon is being held onto by 2 strands. I think that it's almost like her life as a human and a vampire and the human side is really short then it rips to her vampire life, and the 2 strands from her human life she brought would be Jacob and Edward.

There's my opinion.

I never noticed the whole two thread thing...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:30 pm
Literature Angel
I think it is a ribbon b/c a story about this woman wore a red (or black) ribbon around her neck..... I forget what the story is called tho....

wasn't it the green ribbon? about a girl who wears a ribbon around her neck because otherwise her head would fall off?  

lildarkangel3001

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces