Reply Stargate
possible spinoffs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ann4am

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:07 pm
i like the idea of seeing the Wraith VS Ancient war - but i think that would make a better movie or mini-series than series sequel. that's a whole lot of action. Plus i love seeing stories that i know end badly!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:18 pm
An interesting thought.

@Sayuri-Ryuu: What I meant was my now-passed Michael obsession.

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:49 am
@Kittyfox: Ah. As have I. Lasted for about two years, but faded as he became more and more of a jerk.

I would love to see the Wraith/Ancient war, but ann4am is right. Definitely a mini-series idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:04 pm
actually they should just devote an episode to time travel where the team or just shephard go back to a certain battle and at the beginning of the episode they were getting history lessons about ancient battles and they found out the ancients one by a general shephard wouldn't that be funny.  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:38 pm
Vaguely reminiscent of Before I Sleep, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:02 pm
kittyfox_kumiko
Vaguely reminiscent of Before I Sleep, though.
not really what if it was a hologram projection of the battle and the bridge of an ancient ship and it was actually shephard as a general at the head of the ship. or something but in before i sleep it was a completely different weir from another time line that they met if shephard were to go back when they didn't know about it shephard actually already knew that he had won the battle so it was the same time line unchanged.  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:23 pm
But knowledge of the future is a very bad thing when you haven't experienced it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:44 am
..............I didn't follow that.

And to follow on from what kittyfox is saying, its impossible to change the past, despite all the movies/shows, etc about changing the past. You can't do it. The timeline would correct itself.  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:25 pm
How so?

Ugh, time paradoxes hurt my head. They just go on forever.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:48 am
This is complicated. I have no idea if I can explain it properly without launching into maths, but I'll give it a go.

Essentially, if you were transported back in time to the past, you would not be able to change it because any change, no matter how small, would change the future from which you are from. And if the future from which you came is changed, then you are also changed. You become different from when you start it out. However, you cannot become different because you are in the past - if you are changed, you are a different person, different in myriad ways, and therefore might not make or have made the original change occur. Which would mean that you never changed....and it just goes round and round like that.

And then, you get a paradox. If you become a different person because of a change you made in the past, then you will have never made the change, then you will never have changed..............and so on.

The problem is with the paradox. The universe won't allow a paradox - one theory states that this is so because, if there is a paradox such as the one above, the universe will implode - so the past is self-correcting. In other words, if you deliberately make a change in the past - like stop someone from dying - the universe will conspire to correct that change - i.e. something else will happen to make that person die. So nothing you do can help.

Of course, this is all theory. We haven't got time-machines to test it. mrgreen  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:28 pm
Well the first part is what I was thinking about before. Drives me nuts just to do THAT.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:33 am
kittyfox_kumiko
But knowledge of the future is a very bad thing when you haven't experienced it.
but it was his present before he was sent back in time its not really knowledge of the future its really knowledge of his past which is now happening. do you follow

on the whole paradox thing theres this movie like that its like time machine or something a scientist make a time machine to stop his wife dieing but no matter what he tries she still dies.  

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:07 am
I don't know that story, but it sounds good.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:29 am
Exactly. Thats exactly what would happen - because if she didn't die, he would never have built the machine, so he couldn't stop her dying. It called the "Time Machine." Both versions of it are pretty crap.  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:29 pm
The Time Machine was a wholly different story, though. I know that one.  
Stargate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff